Male HQ

Nintendo Switch Lite

Hi, I am trying to get a new Nintendo Switch Lite, but I am confused why there are sets originated from overseas like HK, Korea and Europe, and there are also Asia version - it’s more expensive. 
What’s the difference, anyone knows?

Link: https://shopee.sg/product/769445/1484669571?smtt=0.128861503-1601827865.9

Edited by royalcheesecake

• 2 months later...

Console: should be exactly the same, since ultimately everything's connected via the USB-C cable. It's what connects between the cable and the wall that's the issue, which brings us to...

Power: Both US and Japan use the two-bladed Type A plugs; however, Japan is rated at 100 V while the US is 120C. Many modern consumer electronics have variable voltage inputs - for example, most if not all smartphone USB-A chargers are 100-240 V compatible.

However, a quick search for Switch AC adapters only turn up product descriptions for the US model showing only 120 V compatibility. I couldn't find similar language on Japanese retailers regarding voltage on their AC adapter version. So... without actually having a finished product to look at (the input voltage/amps should be listed on the adapter itself) we can only speculate at this point if it's locked to a single voltage or if it's variable.

Language: I do believe one of the first screens that pop-up on system initialization is the language options, of which English is a choice. I see no issues here.

I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, the only main difference is that Nintendo does not have an official presence in Singapore unlike many other countries. Maxsoft is just a distributor so they probably mark up in order to make it worth their effort. 

I think the mark up is substantial given that overseas sellers are able to still make a profit with a cheaper console price and factoring in shipping fee. Of course buying and import set means there is no warranty. The current generation of consoles are not region locked and yes the NSW language can be changed. 

As to power supply. I am not sure about Switch lite, but for my Switch heavy. The adaptor indicates 110V - 230V input. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.