Male HQ

Why Starbucks can't get our name right?

Guest Quinn

Guest Stuckbarks
1 hour ago, Guest Quinn said:

Why Starbucks can't get our name right? Was it deliberate?

Because they want you to remember them. You see? You remember them now for their naughty behaviour. It’s their marketing strategy 

6 minutes ago, Beefycub said:

I work part-time at starbucks during my holidays

so half the time the customer can't speak properly and the other half, i get pretentious like Phelicia with a 'Ph' 🙄

Just to irk her, I spelt it as "Phallicia" 🙃

Fallacious. Btw, why the need to use a real name?  Just say lar, "Big Kok Me", "Sana Si Lat", "Chow CB", "Da Jiji", "Kam Lan", "Pussy Lee"

Edited by FattChoy

30 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

Starbucks in Singapore & Malaysia can only get my name right. I often have to repeat (or try to pronounce it the American way) or spell it out if I go elsewhere. But somehow to minimise ambiguity, these days the staff just ask for your initial.

If you tell them your difficult pronounce name, surely no one can get it. Use simple common name or even initial is better.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:29 AM, Guest Quinn said:

Why Starbucks can't get our name right? Was it deliberate?

Honey, I don't give them my real name.  They call me TIM today, and BOB tomorrow.   I only want their coffee, a cozy corner and a quiet mind.  The rest is not important.

ask urself this.. does all ur friends, family members, colleagues, lovers know ur actual name & do they know how to spell it correctly..?? are they even able to pronounce it properly? did u add any accent or slant into ur name? give people a simple name like tom, dick & harry.. is that so difficult for u queenies out there???

They are minimum wage staff paid to take your beverage order and not ALSO a Professor on Universal Linguistic Names Studies.

If anyone is that anal about how you pay for your drink and expect a mind reader. Stay home and make your own coffee or wear a NAME TAG. Life's too short to waste on dribble like this. What next? WHY THE WAITER HAS BAD HANDWRITING?

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, upshot said:

They are minimum wage staff paid to take your beverage order and not ALSO a Professor on Universal Linguistic Names Studies.

If anyone is that anal about how you pay for your drink and expect a mind reader. Stay home and make your own coffee or wear a NAME TAG. Life's too short to waste on dribble like this. What next? WHY THE WAITER HAS BAD HANDWRITING?

Singapore is well known for not caring much about services, due to poor wage system.   You are lucky if the product still fit the description.  Best is to pay, grab and run before the staff starts to stare.  Want good service, go Japan.

Guest Attitude
15 minutes ago, Why? said:

Singapore is well known for not caring much about services, due to poor wage system.   You are lucky if the product still fit the description.  Best is to pay, grab and run before the staff starts to stare.  Want good service, go Japan.

Have you ever been to Australia? They have one of the highest wage in the world on par with Norway or Sweden, average about $20 per hour full time, casual rate much higher but the service I would described as very basic to lousy because they attitude problem to paying customers. Japan wage system is lower but the Japanese are the top of the list in customer service and cleanliness.

Hello.

My friend uses Starbucks App to place her order. Everything is in good order. Her name is printed accurately as per registered. You might want to consider using it the next time you visit Starbucks. 

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Why? said:

F&B  service standard in singapore very bad. From hawker centre to cafe to restaurant, all have bad service.

Guest I know right
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

F&B  service standard in singapore very bad. From hawker centre to cafe to restaurant, all have bad service.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Provision shops too.

I don't have this experience because I have never been at a Starbucks in Singapore.

And I have been only once in my long life in a Starbucks elsewhere.  That one time was at an airport where I wanted to get rid of the currency of that country I didn't plan to visit again.

Why should I pay exorbitant prices for their coffees and other stuff?   The one cup drip coffee maker I have in my kitchen works great.

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't have this experience because I have never been at a Starbucks in Singapore.

And I have been only once in my long life in a Starbucks elsewhere.  That one time was at an airport where I wanted to get rid of the currency of that country I didn't plan to visit again.

Why should I pay exorbitant prices for their coffees and other stuff?   The one cup drip coffee maker I have in my kitchen works great.

To help their CEO contest for the Presidency again, this time directly addressing how to deal with all the branches in PRC as pawn.

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Same mind think alike.  I find that people are paying the price for the cafe ambience. I worked in those cafe before, and their material cost margin is very low, but they charge customer high price for profit and cover the rental cost.  The staff salaries are low though, but youngster still prefer to work in those condition rather than in kitchen exposed to heat and oil. It is a good experience. Starbuck, because of its economy of scale, is a stable job.  A friend of mind who worked there as manager, took the knowledge he learned in Starbuck for 6 years, later decided to set up his own small cafe in suburb area.    Youngster should try to learn in this way, not to stay on as worker forever, but to dream of becoming a boss by daring to take up low pay job that provide wealth of knowledge to help them spring board into something great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:31 PM, Beefycub said:

I work part-time at starbucks during my holidays

so half the time the customer can't speak properly and the other half, i get pretentious like Phelicia with a 'Ph' 🙄

Just to irk her, I spelt it as "Phallicia" 🙃

Lotsa dumb DIY names these days

I went to Starbuck and was asked for my name.  I thought I was smart by giving the above suggestions to follow members, but became tongue tight on the spot.  Out of impulse I told the cashier that she can call me whatever she wanted.  Then I heard whispers behind the queue.

Why must we said our name?  It is not like we won lottery and need to have our names taken down which I will most gladly do so.  But ordering an expensive cup of high-sugared coffee and asked for a name is beyond any reasoning.  Why?

2 minutes ago, Why? said:

I went to Starbuck and was asked for my name.  I thought I was smart by giving the above suggestions to follow members, but became tongue tight on the spot.  Out of impulse I told the cashier that she can call me whatever she wanted.  Then I heard whispers behind the queue.

Why must we said our name?  It is not like we won lottery and need to have our names taken down which I will most gladly do so.  But ordering an expensive cup of high-sugared coffee and asked for a name is beyond any reasoning.  Why?

You can tell her "Anything" and the staff will yell, "Mr Anything, your coffee is ready." 

Make lives easy for everyone, isn't it. 

31 minutes ago, Greenliv said:

You can tell her "Anything" and the staff will yell, "Mr Anything, your coffee is ready." 

Make lives easy for everyone, isn't it. 

What if she/he mis-prounced and called me "Anal Thing" instead.  Which is why I hate giving any names when everyone is putting on mask and hard to talk clearly.

Edited by Why?

47 minutes ago, Why? said:

What if she/he mis-prounced and called me "Anal Thing" instead.  Which is why I hate giving any names when everyone is putting on mask and hard to talk clearly.

So I suppose Denise will be called Penis, and Virginia will be called Virginal and Lambert will be called Lampat and Dick will be correctly pronounced as Dick. 

• 9 months later...
Guest Guest
On 10/11/2020 at 3:50 AM, Steve5380 said:

You are missing a lot. 50 years from now you won't able to taste premium coffee.

14 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are missing a lot. 50 years from now you won't able to taste premium coffee.

Who knows?  Maybe I reincarnate as a poor boy in a little town of Colombia and drink the wonderful authentic Colombian coffee grounded and brewed by my grandmother.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.