Male HQ

How to train my forearm to become thicker?

kidster

Typically your forearms do not require training because other exercises will bring in the use of the forearms.

An example is bicep curls will have some elements of forearms being used. Same for pull-ups/chin-ups which will recruit some use of forearms.

If you really want to train the forearms, you can do forearm curls with dumbbells or barbells but these should be done after a proper workout session so as not to impact the workout session negatively. You should take into consideration the following workout sessions too to ensure lessened impacts on other workout sessions.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, Cernunnos said:

Typically your forearms do not require training because other exercises will bring in the use of the forearms.

An example is bicep curls will have some elements of forearms being used. Same for pull-ups/chin-ups which will recruit some use of forearms.

If you really want to train the forearms, you can do forearm curls with dumbbells or barbells but these should be done after a proper workout session so as not to impact the workout session negatively. You should take into consideration the following workout sessions too to ensure lessened impacts on other workout sessions.

Thanks but I'm referring to the wrist part of the forearm.

14 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Can be quite hard to isolate the wrist. Usually the forearm section that can be trained is the one closer to your upper arm. I seen very buff guys with very small wrists.

Thanks. I think it's natural. So have to train the whole forearm to make the wrist segment not look so thin?

44 minutes ago, kidster said:

Thanks. I think it's natural. So have to train the whole forearm to make the wrist segment not look so thin?

Kayaking for dragon boating ~ or gym to carry bar bells. Pull ups. Push ups. Swimming. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, FattChoy said:

It's creepy that this popped up on my YouTube just hours after ready this thread.  Who's reading my screen?

This is a nice video you posted.  I have always found my wrists too thin, running out of holes in the wristbands of my watches.  I like the two exercises suggested here, the one with a weighted jo staff or broomstick, and the other rolling up a weight on a cylinder.  I had done some exercises for the wrist with dumbbells, but I will try the ones in the video. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.