Male HQ

Everything, everything good except face. Still bf material?

Greenliv

1. Are you currently single?

2. How long have you been single?

3. How many relationship have you had?

4. How long does each last?

I had a couple of friends of 30s, 40s, & 50s who are single and some for many years. I did try to match these single friends but was unable to match them up.

These friends of mine have their own baggage in their life and had been single for some time. They keep telling me that they are hoping to meet their other half but they don't even want move out of their comfort zone to get to know people.

When I show 1 or 2 of my friends, the other guy's facebook pic, they immediately says "no feel" or cannot. I tried to encourage them to at least go and have a drink or meal first before shutting the door, but no. 

So, my conclusion is, some people are single for a reason, and no one can help those who don't help themselves. 

Looks IS REALLY subjective.  (see poll of the other thread for those above 40)

If you yourself are above average looking but had been single for a long time, then the problem could be much deeper. Even if you are the most good looking person but your other attribute fail, you will also be rejected.

So ask yourself. Why are you still single?

Edited by GachiMuchi

Guest Guest 007

If you already starting to consider whether he's suitable to be in a relationship, the looks woudln't have matter.

Should you need to ask, i think the answer already reside in your heart.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, Greenliv said:

In your fantasy I was me

Yet in present it's not me

Neither was buffet set for me

Disappointed and baffled woe upon me

V chimed. Reminds me of 

菩提本无树

明镜亦非台

本来无一物

何处惹尘埃

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 11/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, GachiMuchi said:

I had a couple of friends of 30s, 40s, & 50s who are single and some for many years. I did try to match these single friends but was unable to match them up.

These friends of mine have their own baggage in their life and had been single for some time. They keep telling me that they are hoping to meet their other half but they don't even want move out of their comfort zone to get to know people.

When I show 1 or 2 of my friends, the other guy's facebook pic, they immediately says "no feel" or cannot. I tried to encourage them to at least go and have a drink or meal first before shutting the door, but no. 

So, my conclusion is, some people are single for a reason, and no one can help those who don't help themselves. 

If you yourself are above average looking but had been single for a long time, then the problem could be much deeper. Even if you are the most good looking person but your other attribute fail, you will also be rejected.

There's the unpartnered.... And there's the unpartner-able

Because everyone wants Mr Right, but noone wants to actually be Mr Right. 

As you pointed out, it is usually the people who work on themselves, who will get improvement on their lives.

To this, there are then two groups of singles:

Group 1:

Singles who are fulfilled by themselves, don't need anyone else to define them (because of the self-work they have done). Romance is good to have, but even without it, they are whole complete human beings.

Group 2:

Singles who are trapped in singlehood. Want to be coupled, but it just doesn't happen for them.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

Because everyone wants Mr Right, but noone wants to actually be Mr Right. 

As you pointed out, it is usually the people who work on themselves, who will get improvement on their lives.

To this, there are then two groups of singles:

Group 1:

Singles who are fulfilled by themselves, don't need anyone else to define them (because of the self-work they have done). Romance is good to have, but even without it, they are whole complete human beings.

Group 2:

Singles who are trapped in singlehood. Want to be coupled, but it just doesn't happen for them.

So group 1 consists of singles who are completely at ease to be by themselves sans partners. 

Tell me more about group 2. Does the problem of not being able to be coupled lies within the singles themselves or simply that there are not enough opportunities or chances given to them? Can you do something for group 2?

37 minutes ago, Greenliv said:

So group 1 consists of singles who are completely at ease to be by themselves sans partners. 

Tell me more about group 2. Does the problem of not being able to be coupled lies within the singles themselves or simply that there are not enough opportunities or chances given to them? Can you do something for group 2?

To me, and as mentioned by Gachi, group 2 is a direct opposite of group 1.

Meaning unlike group 1, they do not seek to meet anyone half way, or give chance to meet others who do not meet their standards, do not attempt to come out of their own comfort zones, and even to the point of giving excuse to create reasons for being inert. 

But to answer your question with more detail, the above are merely hints and clues. The individual himself will have to reflect and see why the above is so. What is the blockage they are experiencing within? And what is the cause(s)?

This is the "work" that I mentioned earlier, and is instrumental in becoming a single of group 1. 

The problem largely lies with the singles themselves, and their unwillingness to look within. Therefore, they find themselves in limbo. Many stay in a state of limbo until death. Sad but true.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

To me, and as mentioned by Gachi, group 2 is a direct opposite of group 1.

Meaning unlike group 1, they do not seek to meet anyone half way, or give chance to meet others who do not meet their standards, do not attempt to come out of their own comfort zones, and even to the point of giving excuse to create reasons for being inert. 

But to answer your question with more detail, the above are merely hints and clues. The individual himself will have to reflect and see why the above is so. What is the blockage they are experiencing within? And what is the cause(s)?

This is the "work" that I mentioned earlier, and is instrumental in becoming a single of group 1. 

The problem largely lies with the singles themselves, and their unwillingness to look within. Therefore, they find themselves in limbo. Many stay in a state of limbo until death. Sad but true.

I prolly in group 1.5

He need not be super handsome but at least be cute and presentable 

Face cmi v turn off. Imagine you see an ugly apple that doesn't look appealing, will you still bite the apple? 

That's why many of my gay friends are still single. Picky and standard too high yet they themselves are really not good looking either...

Some people are players and rather have sex with new stranger every week than with the same man for decades. 

Picky gays are v common, want handsome face want this want that but own face average at best. 

The most sympathetic ones are those who really want a bf but their looks cmi. Well, life is cruel, even Hollywood men must possess handsome face + big kkj to be labeled sexy and wanted. 

I don't like judging others, if they like being single then just respect their decision. No bf won't die, just no one to make your kkj happier

5 minutes ago, Guest Six said:

Some people are players and rather have sex with new stranger every week than with the same man for decades. 

Picky gays are v common, want handsome face want this want that but own face average at best. 

The most sympathetic ones are those who really want a bf but their looks cmi. Well, life is cruel, even Hollywood men must possess handsome face + big kkj to be labeled sexy and wanted. 

I don't like judging others, if they like being single then just respect their decision. No bf won't die, just no one to make your kkj happier

is ok....can still fxxk around

no problem

3 hours ago, Guest Six said:

be cute and presentable 

ugly apple that doesn't look appealing, 

Picky and standard too high yet they themselves are really not good looking either...

I find your two posts a good read. 

Cute and presentable is already quite a high standard and difficult to get. 

People say good looking apple is coated with a lot of pesticides... 

Why they likdat ah? Maybe they have other capital and can take time to choose? 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:23 PM, fenghou said:

There was a gay friend of mine who was nice to me, patient with me and always there for me.

But other than the lack of spark, I find him to be completely physically unattractive.

I tried forcing myself on him and it failed.

I'm not looking for someone who's too handsome, but minimally someone must  be your type.

My first love was not attractive at all

But such was his complete domination that whenever he got hold of me, I just wished he doesn't let go. 

1 hour ago, lesliii said:

My first love was not attractive at all

But such was his complete domination that whenever he got hold of me, I just wished he doesn't let go. 

So did you first love finally let go of you, or is he still your first and final love? Share so we can learn how to have that type of complete domination over someone. His mannersim, bedside kungfu or how he takes care of you in public?

22 hours ago, Guest Guest wtf said:

What??? Everything good except face? Of cause take lah. If nt u sure regret in future one.

Did you manage to take an ugly bf yourself? 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, Greenliv said:

I find your two posts a good read. 

Cute and presentable is already quite a high standard and difficult to get. 

People say good looking apple is coated with a lot of pesticides... 

Why they likdat ah? Maybe they have other capital and can take time to choose? 

Not so good to be very picky, need to find a balanced ground. Many of my not good looking friends are still single. Some not bad looking ones also single, so I wonder how the ugly ones manage... 

I think both my bf and I are quite cute, but if course it's subjective like what you mentioned. It's naturally to look for a good looking bf if you're good looking. But I've seen average with good looking bf too. 

Unfortunately, being a gay is hard here and finding a loved one is even tougher. To me, it's very easy to fall in love, but very difficult to find someone you love who can love you back. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 11:51 PM, Greenliv said:

Call it shallow, call it superficial. But that's the dilemma.

Someone with a pleasant face is always easier to look at and communicate. Otherwise, with a CMI face, it may perhaps take a long long while to overcome the mental hurdle of wanting him as a bf.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but face CMI to the beholder, will the RS die off after a trying period?

Even if the face is good looking, after a while the RS will also die off.  In fact all RS dies off.  Some even lugging around their partner in a dead RS.  

The problem is if the face is CMI, then you'd physically find him undesirable.  Might as well just be good friends with him.  Then you'd get to enjoy the best that he has to offer.

• 4 months later...
Guest Same
2 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

This is so true. I'm a sucker for a handsome or cute face. But handsome or cute is subjective. For example, I can't stand the Korean boyband look (which many people consider handsome). But I love the ah beng look (which many people don't appreciate but I think is sibei manly).

Same over here.  I prefer those ruggard thick arm, manly face with some natural scars type of Beng who has broad pelvic waist and no make up whatsoever on his face and ready to offer you his strength type of man.   I am not into porcelain face, pooty lips glossed with pink lipstick, permed hair, dolled eyes model pluck out of celebrity magazine type of lean guy with sleek pose looking pampered.

17 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

because body can train up and gradually improve. But if the face is ugly, I don't think I can look at it for long.

beautiful eyes I had ever seen on a Chinese man. 

helped he was the best kisser I ever 

Yesses!!! Great kisser is important...the feeling lingers on...and the experience is memorable.

Now, I try to focus on certain aspect of the face feature if I try not to nitpick...

Maybe just appreciate his nice pointed nose, or pouting lips or even just the eyebrows...just to be more accommodating.

But ultimately, it's still the conversation that flows later... whether we are talking on the same wavelength.

12 hours ago, Greenliv said:

But ultimately, it's still the conversation that flows later... whether we are talking on the same wavelength.

You are right!  The mouth may be ugly, but what comes out of it can be absolutely beautiful words.

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 11:33 PM, Steve5380 said:

You are right!  The mouth may be ugly, but what comes out of it can be absolutely beautiful words.

How do you maintain your lovely face?

On 2/6/2022 at 8:41 AM, Guest Bernie said:

How do you maintain your lovely face?

Lovely or not, I care for it.  Some decades ago I had eyelid surgery.  Then 15 years ago I had a minimum face lift.  I have botox injections every 7 or 8 months, and I apply some good facial products on my face.

One ugly guy at BW writes that all this is ridiculous,  but I don't care one bit.  Who knows how his face looks like! :lol:

On 2/6/2022 at 11:35 PM, Steve5380 said:

Lovely or not, I care for it.  Some decades ago I had eyelid surgery.  Then 15 years ago I had a minimum face lift.  I have botox injections every 7 or 8 months, and I apply some good facial products on my face.

One ugly guy at BW writes that all this is ridiculous,  but I don't care one bit.  Who knows how his face looks like! :lol:

I concur with the facial regime Always must put in effort and money to good look. There is always a backstory of the maintenance. Like the saying goes, "There is no ugly women, only lazy ones."

On 10/17/2020 at 11:51 PM, Greenliv said:

Call it shallow, call it superficial. But that's the dilemma.

Someone with a pleasant face is always easier to look at and communicate. Otherwise, with a CMI face, it may perhaps take a long long while to overcome the mental hurdle of wanting him as a bf.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but face CMI to the beholder, will the RS die off after a trying period?

your heart never lies... go with it. forego all social norms, frens opinions, dont even need to analyse much, when it comes to LOVE, at an instant you will know. only when there is that initial sparks, then work on it...

On 2/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, mith said:

your heart never lies... go with it. forego all social norms, frens opinions, dont even need to analyse much, when it comes to LOVE, at an instant you will know. only when there is that initial sparks, then work on it...

Only if the other party reciprocates, or shows a little enthusiastic response...

If he is really “Everything good except face”,  then you must ask yourself, “How about you? What do you have?”

If your answer is also, “everything good except face”, then stop whining as you are no better than him. 
If your answer is “Only pretty face”, then you better shut up and grab hold of him tightly. 
Your pretty face is not going to remain pretty forever. You grow old and get wrinkle. Worse, you don’t age well. You could end up as what I called ‘Got fucked and abandoned’ some day. 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:07 AM, Ironrod said:

Sorry face is very important becos when i fuck i look at face, eat look at face and talk also look at face.

Face need not be handsome but must be pleasant to the eye. 

If u dislike the face, better not engage further.

In a person who is good natured, kind, of good essence,  it is difficult that his face is helplessly ugly.

A face can be damaged by accidents,  deformed by birth defects or skin diseases,  but on the long run one can lose attention on all this if a good soul shines through his eyes and nice words come out of his mouth.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, Steve5380 said:

In a person who is good natured, kind, of good essence,  it is difficult that his face is helplessly ugly.

A face can be damaged by accidents,  deformed by birth defects or skin diseases,  but on the long run one can lose attention on all this if a good soul shines through his eyes and nice words come out of his mouth.

The problem is to know a person well, you need to invest TIME. The problem with people these days is they put SELF above OTHERS, thus nobody will invest TIME into ANYTHING that doesn't have immediate gratification effect. Unless you have been bonded with this person and accidents happens the story maybe a different one. 

I am a realist and this is what i observed of this world.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, Ironrod said:

The problem is to know a person well, you need to invest TIME. The problem with people these days is they put SELF above OTHERS, thus nobody will invest TIME into ANYTHING that doesn't have immediate gratification effect. Unless you have been bonded with this person and accidents happens the story maybe a different one. 

I am a realist and this is what i observed of this world.

You are right that people these days put SELF above OTHERS and nobody invests TIME into ANYTHING that doesn't have immediate gratification.

But this does not mean that WE must be like them!   We already are different by having qualities that many others don't have.  So why not think that we are better, we are wiser, we are kinder, we are more patient, and do what we think we should do.... .... regardless of what most people these days do ?  No militia is going to come to our door and take us to a firing squad for doing it. 

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.