Male HQ

What are the signs that tells you he is treating you like more than a friend?

leantonedboy

I am caught in this situation. I have been hanging out with this guy for more than 6 months. So even though we are not officially together, what do you all think are the signs or gesture that tell you that he is treating you like more than a friend (i.e. boyfriend)? 

Good morning and good night messages almost daily..

Takes pics and updates u on stuff..

Always initiates things with you..

When hanging out and talking with you, holds his gaze that one second or a few seconds longer than usual..

Or u can just ask him directly lah

I guess he will slowly lose interests in spending time with you (cold responses when it comes to texting) and there are no hints of excitement coming from him? I guess efforts count as well. If he didn’t show the same effort as you did, then it’s a red light.

This is why I am scared when guys said to be “friends” first before anything else. What if after months later, the person loses interests in you and there’s no progress between both of us? Seems like the effort has been wasted, right? That’s my fear tbh when people said that but I guess not many understand the fear I am experiencing

On 10/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, leantonedboy said:

I am caught in this situation. I have been hanging out with this guy for more than 6 months. So even though we are not officially together, what do you all think are the signs or gesture that tell you that he is treating you like more than a friend (i.e. boyfriend)? 

I would not bet on any form of gesture or signs. You should just ask him directly. 6 months of dating is decently long enough. 

For me, I would be looking for signs of

- Initiation (even if you're not in the mood, he is still "there" for you)

- Attention to details (eg. buying your favourite food or selecting your favourite eatery even if you don't mind eating anything)

- Physical (eg. he may try to have more physical contact with you such as hugs, leaning towards you, or even placing head on your shoulder)

- Interest of sharing his daily life with you and knowing your day

- Going out of his way to meet you

6 months is bit too long to tell if he is/is not treating you more than a friend?

if he sends messages 

before/after work,

during work commute,

gd night/morning greetings,

updates when with his friend(s),

shares info of his life, family, work

photos of meals, travels, social media, etc

extended conversations can't seem to stop talking to each other, in person or phone

even hold hands in car, hands on shoulder in public, etc

ongoing few weeks both of you doing the same

but short of saying the obvious to each other.... 🤔

what do you think?

Edited by Asiange

Guest The reverse

If he 

don’t message you

don’t want to meet you

don’t want to talk to you

don’t want to touch you

don’t want to have sex with you

don’t return your message or call

don’t want to face you

don’t want to be close distance with you

it means he doesn’t like you.

if he never do the above, it means you still got hope! I think we speak from experience! 

15 hours ago, Asiange said:

6 months is bit too long to tell if he is/is not treating you more than a friend?

if he sends messages 

before/after work,

during work commute,

gd night/morning greetings,

updates when with his friend(s),

shares info of his life, family, work

photos of meals, travels, social media, etc

extended conversations can't seem to stop talking to each other, in person or phone

even hold hands in car, hands on shoulder in public, etc

ongoing few weeks both of you doing the same

but short of saying the obvious to each other.... 🤔

what do you think?

I didn’t realise it was that long. I guess we both were really enjoying each other’s company that we lost track of time. Hehe 

Anyways thanks for the list of things. In fact he is doing all those things that you listed. ☺️☺️☺️ Making me shy now to myself. Thinking about it, i’m seeing it now. Thanks so much! I will do what is necessary 👍🏻

45 minutes ago, Guest The reverse said:

If he 

don’t message you

don’t want to meet you

don’t want to talk to you

don’t want to touch you

don’t want to have sex with you

don’t return your message or call

don’t want to face you

don’t want to be close distance with you

it means he doesn’t like you.

if he never do the above, it means you still got hope! I think we speak from experience! 

Hahah omg you’re right, think I still got hope! 

for me, it will be the good morning & goodnight & hope you have/had a good lunch. 

it is also being able to engage in intellectual conversations while being playful & witty. 

and the occasional selfies & pics of what he likes (coffees, cakes, books, places, bags)

it is also listening to you when you tell him stuffs and he remembers details about you

it is also the persistent effort to cheer you up when you are down & pushing him away

it is also the occasional dropping by to your place to bring foods when you are too bogged down with studies and works (i study and work at the same time)

it is also remembering what you like and hate (e.g. bringing you a jacket when he wants to surprise you with a movie cuz u hate the cold)

it is also actively figuring things out for you when you have a problem

it is also how you feel safe and cared when you are with him

of course this doesnt apply to everyone. merely sharing my own personal experience 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.