Male HQ

First-time Reservist - What to expect? + Help! What Should I Do During Reservist!?(compiled)

Guest Rah

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st day in ICT and the camp had changed alot..... and also the trainner too...

saw two cute Staff Sgt who will be our trainner through out this ICT.... They are so sexy when they wear their smart 4...... yummy..... yummy.... :lol:

• 7 years later...

Guys...

I will be going in again next week for ICT.

I hate doing reservist because it will be when many guys come together and they will talk about naked woman etc...

All the topics they discuss do no interest me... and I feel v bored and left out very often.

Also - I hate it when people ask me.. wah how come u no GF and not yet married ar? All of us get married etc liao ...blah blah..

And in the showers.. when naked guys walk around.. How am I suppose to react?!

I hate having this feeling again next week.

Do you guys feel the same way? Any suggestions on how to deal?

Guest Raiden Alpha

Seriously these are the least of my worries during icts.You really should worry about something more relevant instead.

Just mingle/fake your way through these social aspects and keep interaction to a brief minimum level.

You are a adult already,you are not answerable to them when it come to your private life.

Guest Raiden Alpha

Bring lots of money and small change inside and treat them to beer and chicken cutlets regularly at the mess house during evenings and you will become their best friend during icts.

Yeah most people are practical cheapo things.

I agree with you...

I remember treating my men to some fried chicken cutlets and they say that I am the BEST etc.....

And one day earlier.. they were buay song with me about asking them to go outfield and carrying stuff etc

Actually - I am also worried about many things.. Haha.. I am not the very fit kind so I am also quite concerned that I might injure myself etc

Guest all the best

QQ, not to worry. Many of us have gone through ICT unfit and unstraight.

I would usually mix with guys that I was able to relate to about other topics like housing, investment, career, health, current affairs etc etc, anything except sex.

If not, bring a thick book in and read during your free time. If I am not wrong, nowadays they allow smartphones in the camp, so you can occupy yourself with the various apps. As for fitness, try getting your engine started by going for jogs.

Why worry? Be it the reservist is easy or tough, you still have to go thru. Why make yourself miserable by having all these thoughts to drag you down?

Am not sure how old you are but I am still having my reservist. Reason being because I started my reservist late (don't ask me, ask Mindef) It can be taxing for people at my age to have overnight mission etc... anyway, to cut a long story short, as what Raiden has said "mingle around and it's your private life".

Go with the flow. Take the opportunity to exercise more (if time permits) during reservist. You will be fitter. I had so many nice evening sunset run while in Australia during Wallaby in 2012 (never get those lovely sunset view in SG when I run)

It's all in your mind. You will be fine. :)

p/s: my reservist is in Apr. The only thing I dislike most is disruption to my work.

Edited by thorzguy

Guest Once Upon A Time......

First two years of reservist tend to be lonesome.  If this is your fourth years or more, you should bave established your own group of Kakis to mingle around.  I was fortunate that all my campmates (many knew I am gay)  were die-hard supportive and funny people who followed through without anyone taking deferrment and thus camaraderie level was high throughout  the 13 year ICT cycle.  They never looked down or discriminate me and their joke on me was pretty manageable to heighten the camp spirit and made me laugh too.   In fact, the bond was so infectious it extended to our next immediate platoon.   I should say the people are both hateable and lovable but most of the time you want to look forward to meet them as a form of getting out of our routine life.

Not sure the status of TS at this stage.  He shouldn't be anxious and in fact, should start blending in. Camp is a place frendship are formed out of anxiety, emotional and physical support which you can't achieve similar in school.

Enjoy your training, it is only 2 weeks or lesser.  Soon your ICT will be gone and you will miss those wonderful days in the field and the smell of gun powder.  If I wanted a bf or a hushand, I think you can find more sincerity in camp than outside of camp.

Bring amulet with you for protection (from doing risky thing) and enhance close affinity (with your buddies).

Unless u are the super obvious sisterly gay eg. wear mascara, use foundation etc. else, just play along with those straight guys, simply say u love to fuck fuck fuck gals.

This should make them leave u alone.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Some str8 guys really wld think u r abnormal, when reach certain age still not married or have gf. Thts y going to ict sometimes also quite sian having to counterstrike them.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Raiden Alpha

How would people even know if you have a girlfriend/wife or not unless you are close to these ns friends or you choose to blab out your own status and private details to them?

Really if this is the case who can you blame then?

u gone thru Ns for two years ..why worried for ICT?

because during ns time, majority of the guys are not married and/or even attached yet.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

u gone thru Ns for two years ..why worried for ICT?

Have to worried cos from ns time to ict time, at least many many yrs, also most guys already attached or married with kids when during ict, and yet only u odd one still single. These guys surely will find u abnormal.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

Have to worried cos from ns time to ict time, at least many many yrs, also most guys already attached or married with kids when during ict, and yet only u odd one still single. These guys surely will find u abnormal.

guys can be very bitchy and kapo during reservist. Some were into 'blanket party' the new bird but I think deep down they like the homoerotic activity. They talk about babies, childcare, etc. If you are PLU and definitely won't be able to follow up with them.

Guest Beautiful Bitch

If you are good looking, everything work just fine. I know some straight guys are very forgiving to good-looking people - gay or straight.  If you are blur sotong and look like ugly bitch, whether you are straight or gay also won't have friend de. 

On the other hand, the silent protocol of ICT is this, don't screw up and make everyone suffer, otherwise people will not be forgiving and tend to bully you.  I know of a gay guy who like to show off and everytime score gold in his IPPT. Though he is an ugly bitch, everyone was impressed by his physical energy.  We also have a regular blur sotong in camp, he is straight and everyone hates him because he always got lost and once misfired a blank in the bus when everyone thought we have sworn the rifle is clear of blanks.  The whole platoon kena cannot book out and such incident was remembered throughout his ICT. 

My point in this, impress others with your performance, not your identity, and the world will look at gay very differently.  On top of which, be humble and don't flash. Nobody is infallible, otherwise you will give stress to yourselves.

Just function like how you would do in mainstream society.

You can't possibly be sitting in one corner when you are out with a bunch of straight friends, can you?

The same challenge occurs when you are out on a drinking game with male straight guys.

As per said, as long as you don't screw up things, you will not be ostracised.

During my ICT some years back, there was this guy who did crochet and cross-stitch during his spare time.

Everybody left him alone with his hobby.

There was a guy on my side who had a bad case of OCD.

He spent his time trying to adjust his shoes in line, align the items in his cupboard, making sure his bed has no creases etc...

He does get alarmed when buses don't exactly align with the yellow box at the bus bay or when the train doors don't properly align with the platform screen doors.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

If you are good looking, everything work just fine. I know some straight guys are very forgiving to good-looking people - gay or straight.  If you are blur sotong and look like ugly bitch, whether you are straight or gay also won't have friend de. 

On the other hand, the silent protocol of ICT is this, don't screw up and make everyone suffer, otherwise people will not be forgiving and tend to bully you.  I know of a gay guy who like to show off and everytime score gold in his IPPT. Though he is an ugly bitch, everyone was impressed by his physical energy.  We also have a regular blur sotong in camp, he is straight and everyone hates him because he always got lost and once misfired a blank in the bus when everyone thought we have sworn the rifle is clear of blanks.  The whole platoon kena cannot book out and such incident was remembered throughout his ICT. 

My point in this, impress others with your performance, not your identity, and the world will look at gay very differently.  On top of which, be humble and don't flash. Nobody is infallible, otherwise you will give stress to yourselves.

Good looking reservists are popular, people like to crowd around them, want to know them, no need to take bus or taxi to camp because people offer to pick them up and drive them back in their jaguar, merc, etc, others want to go to shower with you, sit nxt to you during meals and breaks, some like to tease or touch you. If you are good looking and fit, others would look up as a man's man.

straight guys are also attracted to good-looking people not only in the army but in the professional world.

If you look good, dress well, have nice physique, intelligent with good PR skills plus a great personality and a kind heart, then your are the angelic darling of the universe.

It is also true the not-so-good-looking ones tend to be picked on or not the platoon or OC's favourite.

But one might come across two or three of them who are nice and kind. They are reliable and non-threatening.

Guest Guest

Good looking reservists are popular, people like to crowd around them, want to know them, no need to take bus or taxi to camp because people offer to pick them up and drive them back in their jaguar, merc, etc, others want to go to shower with you, sit nxt to you during meals and breaks, some like to tease or touch you. If you are good looking and fit, others would look up as a man's man.

straight guys are also attracted to good-looking people not only in the army but in the professional world.

If you look good, dress well, have nice physique, intelligent with good PR skills plus a great personality and a kind heart, then your are the angelic darling of the universe.

It is also true the not-so-good-looking ones tend to be picked on or not the platoon or OC's favourite.

But one might come across two or three of them who are nice and kind. They are reliable and non-threatening.

It depends. Some people do not like goodlooking guys, esp if those guys are popular and good in everything. Sour grapes syndrome maybe.

But being a goodlooking gay does have its perks during ICT. For me, I got to have clean fun with some of the supposingly straight guys in the bunk, army vehicle, staircase etc. And these guys prefer more gentle and less threatening beautiful boys. :D

• Guest locked this topic
  • 4 years later...
4 hours ago, Zomgzmg said:

So as the title implies, I am heading for my first high-key ICT soon. What soon I expect? What and how people pack for reservice in terms of toiletries, clothes to wear on the daily/sports wear to bring etc? 

Remember to shave your pubic hair.  Who knows, there might be open shower during your first ICT and you don't want to get away un-noticed by other soldiers.  Also, try to mingle around and find your ultimate kakis. Stay away from MC king, Sabo King, Blur King & Kiasi King.  Other than that, you are good to go.  As for basic items, just bring the basic toiletries - shampoo, toothbrush, creams, lotions and powder. I think toilet roll is provided but usually people will bring along their own.  Depending on which camp you go, some camps have opened food canteen and groceries stores, catered only during the ICT period.  Bring your own trek shoes, shorts and shirts, you will be taking your IPPT test duirng ICT.  Stop working on your dick and spend more time working on your limbs instead, because 1st ICT is going to be the most strenous, unless Covit-19 is going to save your ass by shortening the training hour.   Once everythig is over and you return to BW forum, share with us your kinky story there.

Edited by Why?

Guest Hairless cock
35 minutes ago, Why? said:

Remember to shave your pubic hair.  Who knows, there might be open shower during your first ICT and you don't want to get away un-noticed by other soldiers.  Also, try to mingle around and find your ultimate kakis. Stay away from MC king, Sabo King, Blur King & Kiasi King.  Other than that, you are good to go.  As for basic items, just bring the basic toiletries - shampoo, toothbrush, creams, lotions and powder. I think toilet roll is provided but usually people will bring along their own.  Depending on which camp you go, some camps have opened food canteen and groceries stores, catered only during the ICT period.  Bring your own trek shoes, shorts and shirts, you will be taking your IPPT test duirng ICT.  Stop working on your dick and spend more time working on your limbs instead, because 1st ICT is going to be the most strenous, unless Covit-19 is going to save your ass by shortening the training hour.   Once everythig is over and you return to BW forum, share with us your kinky story there.

The part on hairless cock. Are you sure it’s ok? Straight guys tends to have bushy Long thick forest like pubic hair. I saw many straight guys small cock with bushy forest. 

If you are the only hairless cock among the forest, sure kana teased by his ict mates. If worse, he may kana molested, raped or striped because of his hairless cock. I rather he be the same among the straights instead of stand out among them!

6 hours ago, Zomgzmg said:

So as the title implies, I am heading for my first high-key ICT soon. What soon I expect? What and how people pack for reservice in terms of toiletries, clothes to wear on the daily/sports wear to bring etc? 

Expect lots of fat, balding and unfit men.

1 hour ago, Guest Neh said:

Expect lots of fat, balding and unfit men.

1st ICT usually all young or mostly young, in their 20s. By the time you completed your 13th ICT, most already in their mid 30s to 40yo.  No one serve military above 40 if you are other ranks.

2 hours ago, Guest Hairless cock said:

If worse, he may kana molested, raped or striped because of his hairless cock. I rather he be the same among the straights instead of stand out among them!

I usually shaved my dick, armpit hair a day before ICT.  It is for hygiene purposes, especially when you are sweaty, you want less hair under and inside you.  The seondary purpose is purely incidental, and a bonus if people pay so much attention on you during shower and if my hairless dick can arouse a straight man out of their bush, it is a bonus.  Never say never.

Edited by Why?

5 minutes ago, Why? said:

1st ICT usually all young or mostly young, in their 20s. By the time you completed your 13th ICT, most already in their mid to 40yo.  No one serve military above 40 if you are other ranks.

I usually shaved my dick, armpit hair a day before ICT.  It is for hygiene purposes, especially when you are sweaty, you want less hair under and inside you.  The seondary purpose is purely incidental, and a bonus if people pay so much attention on you during shower and if my hairless dick can arouse a straight man out of their bush, it is a bonus.  Never say never.

U R so funnee. I seldom lol but u make my day. 

Just bring essentials I.e. full pack items, uniforms, beret, etc and go back and enjoy the catch-ups with yr peeps. I’m sure there should be things to update one another. Expendables I.e. toiletries can always get from e-mart in camp. Remember to have a good haircut 🙂

Be cool, like a breeze...

10 hours ago, Zomgzmg said:

Your unit will inform you what things to bring for your ICT. As for own personal items, just remember to bring phone charger and toiletries.

7 hours ago, versatilehairyman said:

high key or low key? usually got briefing few weeks before first ICT

High key. It's a month away and there is nothing. The letter just said to book in with "No 4 Dress with Head Dress & Full Battle Order" - so that's just helmet, field pack (with 10 pack) + ILBV isn't it?

2 hours ago, ahboi89 said:

Yeap expected! Just hope it is saliva and not nose swab. 

6 hours ago, gucici said:

Most ppl dun bring anything. First day shop at e-mart. 

But is e-mart, not 7/11. Sell different type of protection ya. 

Have fun. 

2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Just bring essentials I.e. full pack items, uniforms, beret, etc and go back and enjoy the catch-ups with yr peeps. I’m sure there should be things to update one another. Expendables I.e. toiletries can always get from e-mart in camp. Remember to have a good haircut 🙂

27 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Your unit will inform you what things to bring for your ICT. As for own personal items, just remember to bring phone charger and toiletries.

Do you guys stuff it into the field pack or bring it in a separate backpack/bag? Is it weird to book in with two backpacks lol

5 hours ago, Why? said:

Wow thanks for the detailed comment! Mine would be Clementi camp. Also why is the firt ICT the most strenuous? I heard that the first few high keys are the chill one to just study/listen lecture and refresh knowledge? 

4 minutes ago, Zomgzmg said:

High key. It's a month away and there is nothing. The letter just said to book in with "No 4 Dress with Head Dress & Full Battle Order" - so that's just helmet, field pack (with 10 pack) + ILBV isn't it?

Ask your unit buddies if they going too and see what they pack. Reservist FBO is less item than NS time. If reservist stay in just bring your old FBO in case no e mart 

4 minutes ago, Zomgzmg said:

Do you guys stuff it into the field pack or bring it in a separate backpack/bag? Is it weird to book in with two backpacks lol

For me, I brought 2 separate bags: field pack on my back and a carry bag for my personal stuff. You will be surprised how weird I was even to book in the night before the actual in-process during my subsequent ICT. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

3 minutes ago, versatilehairyman said:

Ask your unit buddies if they going too and see what they pack. Reservist FBO is less item than NS time. If reservist stay in just bring your old FBO in case no e mart 

Yeah I repacked based on what they told me. This is technically my second ICT but is my first actual high-key cz the initial one was doing the tank rolling into the heartland duty

6 minutes ago, Zomgzmg said:

Need to bring two bags lah, no choice. You cannot stuff your army items and your personal items into one field pack. So if you have your own car, going to ICT would be more convenience since need to bring many barang barang.

• G_M changed the title to First-time Reservist - What to expect? + Help! What Should I Do During Reservist!?(compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.