Male HQ

Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt (New)

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Today is a happy day.

Finally manage to sell away Del Monte Pac.

Bought in August 4th at $0.135 of 72400 units.

Dividend $1533.21 collected in August 19th.

Trying to sell the units since late August.

Final price sold today is $0.14.

Total gain is around $1895 gross before GST & commissions.

Wows, such was the holding power, for a 4 months challenge.

23 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Amongst the sg reits, first reit was the worst performer in my portfolio. 

Yeah, price for First REIT went down drastically since June this year.

Through the release of Q2 2019 results, the fundamental results are okay, but it is not really a well-performing REIT.

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, price for First REIT went down drastically since June this year.

Through the release of Q2 2019 results, the fundamental results are okay, but it is not really a well-performing REIT.

Yup, so I’m just holding on and collect dividends. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 2 weeks later...

1. No new lobang for the rest of the month December.

2. Currently targeting at PNE Industries, either to sell at target price of $1.05 with gross profit of $1300 or else collect dividend of $540 (XD 28th January) next year.

Merry Christmas.

Two warning signs for Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China are identified that we should be aware of before investing,

1. Debt is not well covered by operating cash flow.

2. Unstable dividend track record.

Overall I think Ping An is an interesting dividend stock, although it could be better.

1. YZJ (Yangzijiang Shipping)

Consistently to have DPU from $0.04 to $0.05 in May yearly for past 1o years.

Maintain BUY with a target price of $1.17 (current price $0.935).

No clue on privatization as you mentioned.

2. Medtecs

Price is going down. Not a good stock. DPU were inconsistent.

Dear friends,

It's been a tough year.

We are still grappling from pandemic but now we have the vaccines to tame the spread of virus, slowly but surely.

For now, let's soak in holiday cheer & gear up for recovery, with Phase 3 allows larger groups & raise of capacity limits for malls & attractions.

We should also prepare ourselves for an interesting year ahead that's filled with opportunities to deploy our capital.

Here's wishing all a very Happy New Year. Enjoy the holidays!

Edited by Larry

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Max2020 said:

Anybody can advice which platform we can use for SRS investment w minimal charge? Mostly charge 3 to 5 % commision. Thx 

You can use FSMOne for lump sum investment, 0.08%,with $10min + usual charges (Sgx, GST).

If need auto monthly RSP, then currently only OCBC BCIP offers it (but only if your SRS acct is with them).

22 hours ago, ken99chia said:

You can use FSMOne for lump sum investment, 0.08%,with $10min + usual charges (Sgx, GST).

If need auto monthly RSP, then currently only OCBC BCIP offers it (but only if your SRS acct is with them).

Thx Ken. Will try.

China was the first country to recover from Covid-19 and posted a positive GDP growth in 2020. This means that businesses in China should post better results than anywhere else.

5 REITS with China exposure that can be used to ride the growth of China while enjoying high dividend payouts.

1. CapitaRChina Trust (CRCT) 

2. Mapletree NAC (MNACT) 

3. Sassuer REIT 

4. EC World REIT

5. BHG Retail REIT

Which is best? 

Well, do your homework.

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

China was the first country to recover from Covid-19 and posted a positive GDP growth in 2020. This means that businesses in China should post better results than anywhere else.

5 REITS with China exposure that can be used to ride the growth of China while enjoying high dividend payouts.

1. CapitaRChina Trust (CRCT) 

2. Mapletree NAC (MNACT) 

3. Sassuer REIT 

4. EC World REIT

5. BHG Retail REIT

Which is best? 

Well, do your homework.

Vested in Mapletree NAC - No more protest in HK. A good sign for this reit.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Well, do your homework.

Name                  Type              PRC Exposure        Market Cap (S$ million)    Dividend Yield

CapitaRChina     Retail                    100%                            1890                              8.0%

Mapletree        Retail /Office            23%                            3350                              7.8%

Sassuer              Retail                     100%                            1010                              8.0%

EC                     Logistics                 100%                             580                              8.4%

BHG                    Retail                     100%                             281                               6.6%

1. Sasseur REIT will be my choice to inject more money into this stock & not the other four as mentioned, looking forward the incoming March dividend.

2. Looking forward also dividend by Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF, XD 28th this month.

3. Three REIT have announced new dividends, i.e. Parkway Life REIT, Mapletree Logistic Trust & Keppel REIT. No interest from me.

Edited by Larry

12 hours ago, TopChinese said:

Is anyone using Endowus and Stashaway? Care to share their experiences?

I have used Endowus for my SRS investments, started in October 2019, returns to date about 13%, quite OK, it's global stocks portfolio.

Returns are quite good partly/mainly because equity prices are very high at the moment (but still some credit to endowus for being able to ride the wave which is not a given.)

I would recommend you to go read hardwarezone forum money mind, there are many useful discussion threads there on endowus, stashaway, syfe (robo advisors) and other finance-related info such as cpf, savings accounts, stocks, etc.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, Coolbriz said:

Anyone bought bitcoins? Should be making profits like mad.. 

(BLOOMBERG) - Strategists at one of the world's largest wealth managers are issuing a warning to newbie crypto investors plunging into the record rally: You could still lose all your money.

Between regulatory threats and central bank-issued competitors, there is nothing stopping a wipeout in big-name digital currencies eventually, according to UBS Global Wealth Management.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, Larry said:

1. Sasseur REIT will be my choice to inject more money into this stock & not the other four as mentioned, looking forward the incoming March dividend.

2. Looking forward also dividend by Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF, XD 28th this month.

3. Three REIT have announced new dividends, i.e. Parkway Life REIT, Mapletree Logistic Trust & Keppel REIT. No interest from me.

Sasseur REIT turned out to be an excellent recommendation! Thanks.

But as usual, DYODD.

8 hours ago, ken99chia said:

Sasseur REIT turned out to be an excellent recommendation! Thanks.

But as usual, DYODD.

1. Just collected the dividend on Lion-Philip S-REIT ETF yesterday.

2. Announced by Sasseur yesterday, dividend $0.01935, XD 12/3, pay 26/3.

Lobangs from 3rd to 12th March,

1.  REIT Global                 Dividend $0.0218      XD 4/3        Pay 12/3

2. BHG Retail REIT          Dividend $0.0106      XD 10/3      Pay 31/3

3. Sasseur REIT              Dividend $0.01935    XD 11/3       Pay 26/3

4. BRC                             Dividend $0.06          XD 12/3      Pay 26/3

5. EC World REIT            Dividend $0.01427     XD 12/3      Pay 31/3

Japfa FY20 net profit rises to US$322m Total Dividend of 11 cents
For FY2020, Japfa' s board of directors has proposed an interim special dividend of 10 Singapore cents per ordinary share to be declared and paid prior to the forthcoming annual general meeting (AGM), as well as a final ordinary dividend of one Singapore cent per ordinary share which is subject to shareholder approval at the AGM.

Jafa declared interim special dividend of S$0.10 per shares.

XD 8th Mar for special dividend only.

For the other 1 cent dividend CD and XD date not confirmed yet.

22 minutes ago, FIRE2020 said:

For FY2020, Japfa' s board of directors has proposed an interim special dividend of 10 Singapore cents per ordinary share to be declared and paid prior to the forthcoming annual general meeting (AGM), as well as a final ordinary dividend of one Singapore cent per ordinary share which is subject to shareholder approval at the AGM.

Jafa declared interim special dividend of S$0.10 per shares.

XD 8th Mar for special dividend only.

For the other 1 cent dividend CD and XD date not confirmed yet.

Please don't feel offense, Jafa & Jafa are not the same, in fact Jafa is not even exist.

Next, the announcement of 11 cents is not official yet.

With its current price of $0.935, the dividend is just a little above $100 for a 10k investment, seriously not my cup pf tea.

20 hours ago, Since u r here said:

@Larry 
Did u compute wrongly - shd b 1K ret or 10%dpu

or u ref to old rate o 1c Rate: SGD 0.01 Per Security https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/UD2

My calculation was based on the following as provided,

21 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

11 cents = $0.011,

current stock price was $0.935,

therefor for a $10000 investment, total unit can be obtained is 10695 units,

the dividend shall be 10695 x $0.011 = $117,645.

the DPU is about 1.17%.

Anyway, welcoming you returning home.

There is no quick answer on holding the stock for long term or dispose off ASAP. It's all depend on the nature of the stock.

For example, I bought in Sasseur REIT since its IPO in August 2018, it had distributed 4 dividends yearly since then. As such I had add more weight for the stock & decided to keep this stock for long term investment, for one simple reason, a 10.59% ROI.

For Jaspa, it did not perform well for all past years except last year. Anyway, after XD, if its price go down not too lowly, I may cash out.

Of course, I will monitor its future performance to decide the next move.

16 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Ipo -anyone?

3.5m for public

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/aztech-global-to-raise-s297m-in-ipo-sees-theoretical-market-cap-of-s9904m

Who r into craze of tech now???

Aztec Global to raise S$297m in IPO; sees theoretical market cap of S$990.4m

Well, this can be a gamble.

I will suggest buy small small, just one lot of $1280 & try your luck. 

Currently, Aztech’s Directors intend to recommend dividends of at least 30.0% of the Group’s net profit after tax (excluding exceptional items) generated in FY2021 and FY2022. 

56 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Indeed gd to readup at hwz! Which is why i hardly spend time here until lately some bw mbrs pm me investmt qns..:..

tks for sharing, ken!

endowus is the biggest disapptmt among all the robo, sad to say!

i hve nearly all the most-talk abt robos!

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/131925041-post1.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/roboadvisor-stashaway-vs-syfe-6092311.html

Well, robo-advisors could be useful for folks who are otherwise not sure about how to do investing themselves.

So far, my Endowus (100% equities) returns to date still remain at 13%, despite the recent market volatility (but perhaps just reflecting they are not overly exposed to tech stocks, and not that they are “clever”).

Having said that, my venture into Endowus was due partly to limited options for SRS investments if you want exposure to US/developed markets. It is currently only about 10% of my total SRS investments, and would be capped at 15% going forward.

Personally, I won’t use cash for investing in robo-advisors (dabbled a bit in Endowus Cash Smart previously.)

On 3/5/2021 at 4:18 AM, Since u r here said:

Ipo -anyone?

3.5m for public

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/aztech-global-to-raise-s297m-in-ipo-sees-theoretical-market-cap-of-s9904m

Who r into craze of tech now???

Aztec Global to raise S$297m in IPO; sees theoretical market cap of S$990.4m

gic selling off

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/gic-cashes-in-on-taiwan-stock-boom-sources

Whenever there is IPO Launch,  I will go to this website to read  analysis of the counter. I concur with review and will give it a miss.

https://singapore-ipos.blogspot.com/