Male HQ

Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt (New)

Larry

8 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Endowus Cash Smart is a bigggr disaptmt!!!!!!! 

Endowus (100% equities)  is indeed a robo too - https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/robos-boon-bane-6444682.html
Do note Robo is Neithr a robot nor advisor  - 

Wht did u do to your cash  then

haha, cash? Must prioritise properly:

(1) set aside “emergency cash” of 6-12mths, highly liquid, so likely bank savings accounts (used to have decent interest of 2-3% but now all have fallen drastically, not much we can do..)

(2) Use spare cash (that you don’t need for a long time) to top up CPF and/or SRS for tax savings (or to build up your CPF retirement funds thru SA if you believe in CPF - there are advocates who recommend putting as little as possible in CPF). Before doing this, you have to project your own future cash needs e.g. property/car/whatever.

(3) For myself, I then invest any surplus cash in various stuff with differing risks. Some in safe instruments like SSB (in the early years when the interest was good, not now..), SGS bonds, other bonds (less safe). And the rest in Equities, mainly ETF and some stocks (novice, so still exploring and learning the vagaries of the stock markets) - mix of SG, China and developed markets (US-dominated). In earlier years, I did buy unit trusts thru banks (contributing to their profits), but not any longer..

3 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Tks for the website, will read!

i will nt go for its ipo all along but but i notice in sg, after ipo -its sh prices tend to drop so i might snatch abit just for dividend purpose .....

@ken99chia (just realised there are so many kens) love your point 3!!! 
it is almost shocking when my friends and pp around me are unheard of “safe bonds” like ssb (spore saving bonds) or temasek retail bond (sold at a steal) esp at this period.....i bought them yrs ago

(they are pap/sg govt lover somemore)

for etf, i hope u didnt miss out on HSt- a must buy!!

Yup, for HST, participated in the ipo.

Have also been using both cash and SRS for subsequent buys whenever there are “good dips”.

2 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Why have u not been participating ever since this (original)thread started years ago?? Lol!!

hst i waited after  it ipo then i snatched 

cos

i dont wanna convert hkd.....

Haha, didn’t notice the thread until recently..

oh yes ipo was using hkd though kind of auto conversion (I used FSMone). At one point, the price actually dipped below the ipo price, but always difficult to try to catch the bottom.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

This is a good month, are getting 4 dividends from Lum Chang, Japfa, Sasseur & BRC.

For the rest of the month, there is no other lobang.

Looking forward April, hopefully can get at least one lobang.

Yup, waiting for the dividends for my Sasseur & Japfa.

Missed the Lum Chang one as the price went up too fast, couldn’t quite catch it..but maybe this was for the better as might need to hold for some time (possibly for Japfa too).

3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

i knw the silly bhviour of sGx, trust me it will definitly fall lower than tt closg

This is a silly stock. Up from IPO price of $1.28, then went up all the way to $1.42, before slid down to $1.29, just one cent above IPO. 

Since making the $75 profit, I will never want to look back, unless the price down further by another 30 cents.

18 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

First Reit-rebound ? hahaha

Possible in short term, or it could plunge further after that. We will never know what’s going to happen on the right side of the chart. Furthermore, there isn’t enough historical data to suggest any resistance to the possible plunge. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

yes 4 *凯德集团(CapitaLand) *快捷达环球(Aztech Global)although some said no to them https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zfinance/realtime/story20210323-1133435?fbclid=IwAR1CXvby2jus0eSEGaM8QN2cjC-I2-iKfDrVUJ4S47WRBg85dgxVgBCO-zI
let Aztech Global drop more thn ipo price

Don't waste your time waiting, just 2 cents DPU for Aztech Global as announced this morning.

9 hours ago, Larry said:

Don't waste your time waiting, just 2 cents DPU for Aztech Global as announced this morning.

With today lowest price of $1.25, for a $10000 capital investment, the dividend to get is about $160. This is poorer then the lousy lobang (China Everbright Water) I had mentioned yesterday, which you will get $424 on dividend.

Don't waste your time.

Got a very small position on arkk, bought quite sometime ago below $100, so despite the recent precipitous drop, still ok.

But got no guts to “average up”, so not monitoring closely, just holding.

23 hours ago, Since u r here said:

so the lessons? Never set sight purely on sgx!!!

I really regretted earlier on spending too much time on sgx stocks esp during that cb period (coming to 1yr anniv soon) in sg (more so if u dont hve one big lump sum to begin with)

As a small fry, I only trade stocks in SGX .

Honestly Singapore, USA, Hong Kong or whatever, I really don't care, so long as I make enough profits.

Good luck my friend, and makes money.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, Since u r here said:

those usin Fsm - https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/article/view/rcms226621/a-sweeter-deal-for-all-clients-enjoy-permanent-s-8-80-flat-processing-fees-for-sgx-stocks-etfs all FSMOne clients can enjoy a permanent flat processing fee* of SGD 8.80 for SGX Stocks/ETFs.

https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/CJLU
NetLink
, any1? pay div (SGD 0.0253 Per Security) twice& usu in May , buy now when low?

these r Strong fundamental co.s just like Sasseur - 

Global Inv (B73 / GLNV.SI) https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/B73 w gd Governance & Transparency too!
although some find its pr high aftr announcmet of divs - trdg @ 0.148 (can buy more lots althoug divs low)

Ex-date :
27 Apr 2021 @ SGD 0.004 per security/unit

Can’t really comment on whether Netlink CJLU is a good buy.

But agree that

(1) if buying, you should get in early, well before dividend announcement, so April is a good time.

(2) Sasseur REIT is turning out to be quite a gem, very persistent uptrend with only small volatility. Not to mention the (yummy) dividend streams. So if you are convinced Netlink can be as good as Sasseur, that’s another factor for consideration.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:41 PM, Larry said:

This is a good month, are getting 4 dividends from Lum Chang, Japfa, Sasseur & BRC.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:01 PM, ken99chia said:

Yup, waiting for the dividends for my Sasseur & Japfa.

Missed the Lum Chang one as the price went up too fast, couldn’t quite catch it..but maybe this was for the better as might need to hold for some time (possibly for Japfa too).

Beside the fantastic dividend given out for Japfa on l6th March last month of $0.1, make sure you keep the stock. There is another dividend 0f $0.01 this month XD 23/4 & pay out on 26/5 (although the amount is small).

This stock can hold for long term.

Huat-ah.

Edited by Larry

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Beside the fantastic dividend given out for Japfa on l6th March last month of $0.1, make sure you keep the stock. There is another dividend 0f $0.01 this month XD 23/4 & pay out on 26/5 (although the amount is small).

Huat-ah.

i wanted to sell @ 93 cents but click wrongly and bought again 🙂🙂. Managed to close it on the same day at 93.5 cents. no loss no gains. End up still holding the  same number of Japfa shares. 

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Huat-ah.

Yah, agree. If managed to get the dividend on 16 Mar, quite hard to “lose money”.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

来来来!gd lobang

https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/RQ1

Cheap to buy N yrly div payout at least 7% leh!!!!

i dislike expensive stocks, so this one is affordable

but just note of its liquidity (cos not hot stocks).....

Ya, waited to send out this lobang this morning. but you are one step faster.

This is the lobang for 1st to 5th May,

Overseas Education

DPU $0.023 XD 4th May Pay date 20th May.

I dont dare to queue to buy more cos hands r very tight now @Larry

so just buy for a pocket money for a meal only,  lol

i noticed its movement up is limited the most 0.3.25(arounf there)

This counter was very consistent for the past three years 2018, 19 & 20, with yield at 8.59%.

I intent to keep this stock for long-term investment.

I will announce a real new lobang for this month April tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Sembcorp Marine

DPU $0.04, XD 27/4, Pay 6/5

Unit price may go up to $0.40. 

Wows, heavy traded with 332 millions changing hand, with closing price of $0.215.

Hurry, do first thing tomorrow morning if you are keen... I placed my order today at 5 am. (that's my usual time if to place my order, through Philips Securities Poems platform) & got it at around 9.05 this morning priced at $0.205. 

Huat-ah...

why is it 0.04? 

Please refer to the following,

https://www.sembcorp.com/en/investor-relations/share-information/dividend-information/

On February 23, 2021, a final and total dividend of 4 cents per ordinary share was proposed. If approved by Shareholders at the Annual General Meeting, the final dividend will be paid on May 6, 2021 (14 days from the date of approval). There was no interim dividend declared for 1H2020.

Mine is 19.5% DPU. 

Base on today closing price, new DPU is 18.6%,

Better act fast.

Edited by Larry

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Please refer to the following,

https://www.sembcorp.com/en/investor-relations/share-information/dividend-information/

On February 23, 2021, a final and total dividend of 4 cents per ordinary share was proposed. If approved by Shareholders at the Annual General Meeting, the final dividend will be paid on May 6, 2021 (14 days from the date of approval). There was no interim dividend declared for 1H2020.

Mine is 19.5% DPU. 

Base on today closing price, new DPU is 18.6%,

Better act fast.

THANKS !

4 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Aztech 1.31  

https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/stocks/factsheet/SGX.8AZ/

after a long struggle

whereas semb marine drowning deeper at: 0.205....

worst is ovseas public education at 0.3 only

1. Never never want to waste my time & energy on counters such as Aztech Global & Econ Healthcare.

Here are the facts,

1. Aztech Global was previously delisted on 17 February 2017.

2. Econ was privatized in 2012, citing "low trading liquidity" as a reason, but are now back with a brand new IPO attempt again, this time with 50 million offering shares at 28 cents each earlier this month.

When it comes to investing, I'm not a fan of companies who delist only to re-list again later. I avoid their IPO.

2. On Overseas Education & Sembcorp Marine, the lobang on Sembcorp came almost on the same time as Overseas Education.

I had decided to choose only Sembcorp Marine, for a simple reason, i.e. its DPU.

Which bank can give you $2000 interest for a $10000 bank saving? None, maybe yearly $5.105 only.

The closing price today went back to $0.205, same as the price I bought. That's good, buy quickly tomorrow morning. Key in your order in the morning 5 am. 

3. The reason that Overseas Education loss-out to Sembcorp is because of its DPU, $0.023 vs $0.04, how to compete?

Edited by Larry

3 hours ago, Larry said:

1. Never never want to waste my time & energy on counters such as Aztech Global & Econ Healthcare.

Here are the facts,

1. Aztech Global was previously delisted on 17 February 2017.

2. Econ was privatized in 2012, citing "low trading liquidity" as a reason, but are now back with a brand new IPO attempt again, this time with 50 million offering shares at 28 cents each earlier this month.

When it comes to investing, I'm not a fan of companies who delist only to re-list again later. I avoid their IPO.

2. On Overseas Education & Sembcorp Marine, the lobang on Sembcorp came almost on the same time as Overseas Education.

I had decided to choose only Sembcorp Marine, for a simple reason, i.e. its DPU.

Which bank can give you $2000 interest for a $10000 bank saving? None, maybe yearly $5.105 only.

The closing price today went back to $0.205, same as the price I bought. That's good, buy quickly tomorrow morning. Key in your order in the morning 5 am. 

3. The reason that Overseas Education loss-out to Sembcorp is because of its DPU, $0.023 vs $0.04, how to compete?

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/sembmarine-files-notice-of-three-straight-years-of-losses

This article said otherwise that no dividend to be declared with 3 straight years of losses. 

The 4 cents dividend is for Sembcorp (U96)  https://www.dividends.sg/view/U96

22 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

This article said otherwise that no dividend to be declared with 3 straight years of losses. 

The 4 cents dividend is for Sembcorp (U96)  https://www.dividends.sg/view/U96

20 hours ago, Since u r here said:

sorry for such blunder!!!!

tks fire!

I was furious & gave my sugar daddy a stony face.

Anyway he gave me a cash advance of $1k & assured me that the price will go up to 40 cents (perhaps that's the reason the counter was traded with high volume.)

Now, focus back to Overseas Education.

7 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

So gd got a daddy!!!!

Erm 40cents seemed quite optimistic!

rem i told u before i hve faith in sembcorp industries(nt the marine)

You should have faith in Temasek who has huge investment in Sembcorp Marine. Its fortunate seems to be turning around. Offshore rig market showing sign of recovery.  No harm holding for a while and see how it goes.  

Will sembcorp marine become another SPH who ganna condemned left right center  last year and is now a shiny star. Many still thought that SPH's anchor biz is media which is no longer the case. SPH is very heavy in Property sector and there is potential of listing another reit when market conditions improved.   

Could you kind guys give a simple explanation what you guys are doing? I always thought that dividend is coming out of the share price so the difference before announcement vs after dividend XD isn't much to earn - minus the commission.

Are you using lots of capital or don't mind the higher risks or targeting specific stocks etc? Couldn't quite get your strategy.

Thanks in advanced.

21 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

You should have faith in Temasek who has huge investment in Sembcorp Marine. Its fortunate seems to be turning around. Offshore rig market showing sign of recovery.  No harm holding for a while and see how it goes.  

Will sembcorp marine become another SPH who ganna condemned left right center  last year and is now a shiny star. Many still thought that SPH's anchor biz is media which is no longer the case. SPH is very heavy in Property sector and there is potential of listing another reit when market conditions improved.   

4 hours ago, Since u r here said:

The following is extracted from SG Wealth Builder on the topic titled Sembcorp Marine share price to smash past $0.40?

When will Temasek Holdings drop the bombshell? Speculations of a merger between Keppel Offshore Marine (KOM) and Sembcorp Marine had been brewing for years. In fact, the merger appeared to be looming when Temasek Holdings made a partial offer for Keppel Corp in 2019. However, the withdrawal of the partial offer in 2020 threw a spanner in the works. Even so, most investors expect the merger to take place given the potential for synergy and cost savings. In this context, what will the impact for Sembcorp Marine share price if the merger does occur?

In a bizarre turn of event, Sembcorp Marine will become the global top oil-rig builder following Keppel Corp’s announcement to exit the business within two to three years. Whether this development will enable light at end of tunnel for Sembcorp marine share price is subjected to debate. Nonetheless, the move to pivot its business in the renewable energy industry is encouraging.

Sembcorp Marine share price & the Big Boys

Looking at the SGX Market Depth data (16 April), it seems that Sembcorp Marine share price enjoys good support from the big boys. As can be seen from the above data, there is 91 queue orders of 7,987,600 shares. It means that the support level for Sembcorp Marine share price is $0.195. Once price level drops to this level, there will be a rebound due to the queue orders. On the other hand, the resistance level for Sembcorp Marine share price is $0.205. This is because there are 173 queue orders amounting to 33,916,300.

I have shared that Sembcorp Industries is the best stock that I have ever invested in. In late September 2020, I bought 35,000 shares when Sembcorp Industries stock was trading at $1.35. Then on 7 December, I decided to cash out and clocked in $17,500 of profits. Back in 2020, I was actually very tempted to buy Sembcorp Marine shares when the Group was demerged from Sembcorp Industries. However, due to the business uncertainties and massive rights issue, I decided to give this counter a miss. In 2021, I changed my mind and relooked into the thesis for this counter.

In this article, I will share my outlook for Sembcorp Marine share price in 2021 and also explain my decision to enter this counter. I thought that by blogging down my investment decision-making process, it will serve to strength my thought process going forward. Note that this is an opinion article and not meant to be a financial advice. Please do your due diligence or engage financial advisors before investing in the stock market. I am vested in Sembcorp Marine. Henceforth, this article may be biased.

Green is the new gold

With US government unleashing US$2 trillion infrastructure plan with a focus in the renewable energy industry, Sembcorp Marine has decided to join in the bandwagon and seeks to gain a slice of the market share in the green energy sector. Indeed, Sembcorp Marine share price surged from $0.16 on 29 March 2021 to a high of $0.215 on 5 April 2021 following the announcement of the $1.12 billion RWE Renewables contract win.

The recent renewable energy contract win is not just pivotal for Sembcorp Marine share price. It could also be a harbinger of things to come as the Group is actively tendering for more than 10 green energy projects. I am of the belief that Sembcorp Marine is in a strong position to win at least 6 to 7 of the tenders because of the company’s track record in project deliveries. The slew of contract wins could turbocharge Sembcorp Marine share price to a high of $0.40.

In 2020, the Group successfully completed a number of greener solutions, namely the Tangguh LNG modules in June 2020, the Offshore Windfarm Jacket foundations for the Hornsea 2 project in August 2020 and the CNTIC VPower Energy, a floating storage unit, towards end-2020.

Sembcorp Marine in royal rumble

Despite its adventure in the renewable energy sector, the core business is still in offshore marine and rig-building businesses. Henceforth, Sembcorp Marine share price will always be judged in accordance with crude oil prices and the international demands for oil rigs.

In 2020, COVID-19 pandemic had caused crude oil prices to collapse. As a result, Sembcorp Marine share price plunged 50%, falling from $1.30 on 4 January 2020 to a low of $0.65 on 23 March 2020 (the day of global market crash). Then on 8 June 2020, the management announced the bombshell recapitalization plan which saw Sembcorp Marine undertaking $2.1 billion of rights issue. Due to expected dilutive effect of the rights issue, Sembcorp Marine share price spiralled out of control to fall to a low of $0.12 in November 2020.

As at 9 March 2021, Temasek Holdings [This is a premium article. The rest of the content is blocked and can be accessible by SG Wealth Builder Members only. To read the full content, please sign up as member.]

I am going in for this capital investment, 6 months to 1 year, hopefully my $20k investment can become a $40k return.

Huat la...

Edited by Larry

51 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

i dont buy alot, just 1k+ per trade

using tiger/moomoo broker is dirt cheap

Please tell us how dirt cheap it can be?

Example unit price of $0.2, cost will be $200 for 1000 units, what is the commission you have to pay?

I use Philips Securities Poems platform,

From $0 to $29999 trading value, minimum $10 or 0.11% commission.

Therefore for a $200 trading, my cost is $210 without considering GST & other fees. My unit cost will be $0.21 minimum.

I usually trade with $10000 value, the commission is $11.

Therefore my unit price is ($10000 + $11) / 50000 units = $0.20022,

The commission is almost negligible.

For your enlightenment please.

Maybe I can switch side.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

The following is extracted from SG Wealth Builder on the topic titled Sembcorp Marine share price to smash past $0.40?

When will Temasek Holdings drop the bombshell? Speculations of a merger between Keppel Offshore Marine (KOM) and Sembcorp Marine had been brewing for years. In fact, the merger appeared to be looming when Temasek Holdings made a partial offer for Keppel Corp in 2019. However, the withdrawal of the partial offer in 2020 threw a spanner in the works. Even so, most investors expect the merger to take place given the potential for synergy and cost savings. In this context, what will the impact for Sembcorp Marine share price if the merger does occur?

In a bizarre turn of event, Sembcorp Marine will become the global top oil-rig builder following Keppel Corp’s announcement to exit the business within two to three years. Whether this development will enable light at end of tunnel for Sembcorp marine share price is subjected to debate. Nonetheless, the move to pivot its business in the renewable energy industry is encouraging.

Sembcorp Marine share price & the Big Boys

Looking at the SGX Market Depth data (16 April), it seems that Sembcorp Marine share price enjoys good support from the big boys. As can be seen from the above data, there is 91 queue orders of 7,987,600 shares. It means that the support level for Sembcorp Marine share price is $0.195. Once price level drops to this level, there will be a rebound due to the queue orders. On the other hand, the resistance level for Sembcorp Marine share price is $0.205. This is because there are 173 queue orders amounting to 33,916,300.

I have shared that Sembcorp Industries is the best stock that I have ever invested in. In late September 2020, I bought 35,000 shares when Sembcorp Industries stock was trading at $1.35. Then on 7 December, I decided to cash out and clocked in $17,500 of profits. Back in 2020, I was actually very tempted to buy Sembcorp Marine shares when the Group was demerged from Sembcorp Industries. However, due to the business uncertainties and massive rights issue, I decided to give this counter a miss. In 2021, I changed my mind and relooked into the thesis for this counter.

In this article, I will share my outlook for Sembcorp Marine share price in 2021 and also explain my decision to enter this counter. I thought that by blogging down my investment decision-making process, it will serve to strength my thought process going forward. Note that this is an opinion article and not meant to be a financial advice. Please do your due diligence or engage financial advisors before investing in the stock market. I am vested in Sembcorp Marine. Henceforth, this article may be biased.

Green is the new gold

With US government unleashing US$2 trillion infrastructure plan with a focus in the renewable energy industry, Sembcorp Marine has decided to join in the bandwagon and seeks to gain a slice of the market share in the green energy sector. Indeed, Sembcorp Marine share price surged from $0.16 on 29 March 2021 to a high of $0.215 on 5 April 2021 following the announcement of the $1.12 billion RWE Renewables contract win.

The recent renewable energy contract win is not just pivotal for Sembcorp Marine share price. It could also be a harbinger of things to come as the Group is actively tendering for more than 10 green energy projects. I am of the belief that Sembcorp Marine is in a strong position to win at least 6 to 7 of the tenders because of the company’s track record in project deliveries. The slew of contract wins could turbocharge Sembcorp Marine share price to a high of $0.40.

In 2020, the Group successfully completed a number of greener solutions, namely the Tangguh LNG modules in June 2020, the Offshore Windfarm Jacket foundations for the Hornsea 2 project in August 2020 and the CNTIC VPower Energy, a floating storage unit, towards end-2020.

Sembcorp Marine in royal rumble

Despite its adventure in the renewable energy sector, the core business is still in offshore marine and rig-building businesses. Henceforth, Sembcorp Marine share price will always be judged in accordance with crude oil prices and the international demands for oil rigs.

In 2020, COVID-19 pandemic had caused crude oil prices to collapse. As a result, Sembcorp Marine share price plunged 50%, falling from $1.30 on 4 January 2020 to a low of $0.65 on 23 March 2020 (the day of global market crash). Then on 8 June 2020, the management announced the bombshell recapitalization plan which saw Sembcorp Marine undertaking $2.1 billion of rights issue. Due to expected dilutive effect of the rights issue, Sembcorp Marine share price spiralled out of control to fall to a low of $0.12 in November 2020.

As at 9 March 2021, Temasek Holdings [This is a premium article. The rest of the content is blocked and can be accessible by SG Wealth Builder Members only. To read the full content, please sign up as member.]

I am going in for this capital investment, 6 months to 1 year, hopefully my $20k investment can become a $40k return.

Huat la...

Thanks Larry! Sembcorp Marine also has Ah Gong backing just like SIA.  Ah Gong would expect result from those high paying management. Sembcorp Marine has been revived to start all over again. View it from this way it is a worthwhile investment with new direction. I am vested.

Edited by FIRE2020

3 hours ago, keyboard said:

Could you kind guys give a simple explanation what you guys are doing? I always thought that dividend is coming out of the share price so the difference before announcement vs after dividend XD isn't much to earn - minus the commission.

Are you using lots of capital or don't mind the higher risks or targeting specific stocks etc? Couldn't quite get your strategy.

Thanks in advanced.

Everyone's strategy is different. I am still trying to understand Larry's sharing of buying into counter that declared decent dividend and his exit-strategy as share price would drop after ex date. 

You don't need a lot of money to start with these days as you can buy 100 shares instead of 1000 shares. Also if you choose brokerage firm that offers low fees, you can afford to trade with small capital and make some kopi money. I use poem, SCB, DBS usually.

Edited by FIRE2020

36 minutes ago, FIRE2020 said:

Everyone's strategy is different. I am still trying to understand Larry's sharing of buying into counter that declared decent dividend and his exit-strategy as share price would drop after ex date. 

Very importantly you must have the holding power.

Yes, the price usually drops after XD (not always, but about 60 to 70% chances), so you must have the holding power waiting for the price to go back, sometime may take 3 to 4 months.

So far so good, I had not lose money for all trials.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Please tell us how dirt cheap it can be?

Example unit price of $0.2, cost will be $200 for 1000 units, what is the commission you have to pay?

I use Philips Securities Poems platform,

From $0 to $29999 trading value, minimum $10 or 0.11% commission.

Therefore for a $200 trading, my cost is $210 without considering GST & other fees. My unit cost will be $0.21 minimum.

I usually trade with $10000 value, the commission is $11.

Therefore my unit price is ($10000 + $11) / 50000 units = $0.20022,

The commission is almost negligible.

For your enlightenment please.

Maybe I can switch side.

Let me try to explain my own experience.

For Sg stocks, I started with using FSMone - the fees are 0.08% or minimum $10.

So why did I later open a Tiger broker, which for SG stocks, the fees are also 0.08% - the minimum supposed to be $2.88 but there has been an ongoing promotion of No minimum (now extended till 31 Dec 2021, previously supposed to end in April 2021)?

Because I want to be able to buy say stocks or etf in smaller amounts.

For example, if I buy DBS say at $25 price, I may only want to buy 100 units - although 0.08% of $2500 is only $2, FSMOne charges me $10 or 0.4%. If I use Tiger instead, I pay $2 instead.

(Note sgx charges and gst excluded to simplify discussion).

But if your buy is $12,500 or more, then there is no difference. If your buy is $8000-10000, some small difference but perhaps not worth having to deal with so many brokers.

Buying in smaller amounts each time is useful if you’re not sure if you are buying at too high a price or think maybe the price may drop soon but yet want to start buying. Potentially useful if you are buying in a volatile market.

But if you always or mostly buy all at one go and usually close to or exceeding $12,500 for Sg stocks/etf, then just stick to your favourite broker..

21 hours ago, ken99chia said:

So why did I later open a Tiger broker, which for SG stocks, the fees are also 0.08% - the minimum supposed to be $2.88 but there has been an ongoing promotion of No minimum (now extended till 31 Dec 2021, previously supposed to end in April 2021)?

Because I want to be able to buy say stocks or etf in smaller amounts.

For example, if I buy DBS say at $25 price, I may only want to buy 100 units - although 0.08% of $2500 is only $2, FSMOne charges me $10 or 0.4%. If I use Tiger instead, I pay $2 instead.

(Note sgx charges and gst excluded to simplify discussion).

Buying in smaller amounts each time is useful if you’re not sure if you are buying at too high a price or think maybe the price may drop soon but yet want to start buying. Potentially useful if you are buying in a volatile market.

Tiger Broker: 0.08% commission fee per trade, min. $2.88 per trade

To take full advantage of the requirement, i.e. the $2.88 minimum per trade, you must trade exactly at $3600 total value of a stock. More than $3600, 0.08% commission is applicable. Below $3600, you pay flat $2.88 commission.

Phillips Securities: From $0 to $29999 trading value, minimum $10 or 0.11% commission.

To take full advantage of the rule, I always trade at $10000 of commission $11.

On Tiger Broker term, if you trade below $3600, strictly speaking via financial point of view, you are deemed loosing out, though the lost amount is little.

5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Larry, no min. At moment, in fact tigers will free trade for 3mths...

anyway use moomoo is better, better in cust service

Not all can afford 10k sgd trade all the time and now most will dabble on hkex and usa too

^The Tiger Brokers’ no minimum charge 

Seriously I don't really bother about the differences on various commissions.

To earn a place in my "lobang", the DPU must be above $700 for a $10000 investment, otherwise don't waste my time.

I enjoy the convenience, easy to use, friendly & just-in-time inputs from my Phillips's brokers, not bothering about the whatsoever free trade till end of the year as described. The reason is very simple, I'm here to make money, reasonable & real, disregard any other insignificant savings as discussed.

Sorry if I sound a little arrogant. No doubt, if these saving suit you, good for you.

Period.

52 minutes ago, Larry said:

Seriously I don't really bother about the differences on various commissions.

To earn a place in my "lobang", the DPU must be above $700 for a $10000 investment, otherwise don't waste my time.

I enjoy the convenience, easy to use, friendly & just-in-time inputs from my Phillips's brokers, not bothering about the whatsoever free trade till end of the year as described. The reason is very simple, I'm here to make money, reasonable & real, disregard any other insignificant savings as discussed.

Sorry if I sound a little arrogant. No doubt, if these saving suit you, good for you.

Period.

me too.

2 hours ago, kidster said:

If you buy sg stocks via these brokers (Tiger and Moomoo), who is the custodian of your shares? CDP or these brokers?

just like Fsm, they r the  custodian

CDP is the one sending me physical mail to confirm each & every time on all purchases or sales. And also monthly account statement from CDP too. It seemed to me CDP is the rightful custodian.

Don't tell me I'm wrong.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, Since u r here said:

Last lobang b4 i ....

evn though Pacific Century pr is high! Close to 12% dpu 
Agm  results just announcd on tier2

all info ascertained fr sgx, enjoy your Huat!!!!!!!! 

Thanks for the lobang.

Pacific Century

DPU $0.046, XD 7th May, Pay Date 19th May

Edited by Larry

On 4/22/2021 at 7:33 PM, FIRE2020 said:

Thanks Larry! Sembcorp Marine also has Ah Gong backing just like SIA.  Ah Gong would expect result from those high paying management. Sembcorp Marine has been revived to start all over again. View it from this way it is a worthwhile investment with new direction. I am vested.

Ha-ha, I may have disappointed you.

I saw the trading was super active, unlike the past days hovering below $0.19 but moved above $0.19 in the morning.

I sent in my order of sell at $0.215 during lunch time.

It was done when I made a check in the evening at home, making a profit of $835.4.

The stock closed at $0.22.

Well, will return $1k back to my sugar daddy, to buy him beers & chili crabs.

Cheers.

Edited by Larry

On 4/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, Larry said:

Ha-ha, I may have disappointed you.

I saw the trading was super active, unlike the past days hovering below $0.19 but moved above $0.19 in the morning.

I sent in my order of sell at $0.215 during lunch time.

It was done when I made a check in the evening at home, making a profit of $835.4.

The stock closed at $0.22.

Well, will return $1k back to my sugar daddy, to buy him beers & chili crabs.

Cheers.

Not waiting for 40 cents?