Male HQ

Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt (New)

Larry

13 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Fire so much gd info but ....the Financials? u bought alot?

who wrote this: the bks or sun?

Net Income SGD -39.51M
Return on Equity (ROE) -3.263 Return on Assets (ROA) -1.951
Asset Turnover 0.511 CapEx

CNY -514.52M

is CCP govt controlling them now? just like they did to Baba didi

image.png.739d7ebba9c9e7b843be8f8b12ab7afc.png

It was a long tug of war on Sin Heng Heavy Machinery,

1. Bought 26300 units on 26/4 at $0.38 per unit. Total investment $10028.59.

2. Collected dividend on 18/5 = $1315.

3. Sold partially 23000 units on 15/7 at $0.385 = $8824.09.

4. Took 4 more days to dispose off remaining 3300 units at $0.385 = $1242.83.

Total gain = 8824.09 + 1242.83 + 1315 - 10028.59 = $1353.33

No easy money, ha-ha...

Edited by Larry

10 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Lion-OCBC Securities China Leaders ETF : any thoughts on that? Appreciate any sharing from you. Thanks. 

Lion Global Investors and OCBC Securities will list Lion-OCBC Securities China Leaders ETF on the Singapore Exchange (SGX) on 2 August 2021. This is Singapore’s first China-focused ETF that will pay out annual dividends to investors.

It is the second Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) listed by Lion Global Investors and OCBC Securities after the launch of the Lion-OCBC Securities Hang Seng TECH ETF in December 2020. This comes amid a growing interest among investors in ETFs and China equities.

The Lion-OCBC Securities China Leaders ETF allows investors to diversify their investment portfolio through the inclusion of Chinese stocks in an easy and affordable way.

The Lion-OCBC Securities Hang Seng TECH ETF, released late last year, tracks the Hang Seng TECH Index - which is made up of the top 30 technology companies listed in Hong Kong by market capitalisation that have high business exposure to technology themes. The Lion-OCBC Securities Hang Seng TECH ETF crossed S$220 million in AUM within six months. Among the 18 equity ETFs currently listed in Singapore, the Lion-OCBC Securities Hang Seng TECH ETF attracted the highest inflows in the first half of 2021.

The Lion-OCBC Securities China Leaders ETF will track the Hang Seng Stock Connect China 80 Index, which comprises the top 80 largest Stock Connect eligible Chinese companies listed in either Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong by market capitalisation. 

The new ETF’s Initial Offering Period (IOP) starts on 12 July 2021 and ends on 28 July 2021. It will list on the SGX on 2 August 2021 and will be available in both Singapore dollar (SGD) and Renminbi (RMB) denominations. 

How to invest in the Lion-OCBC Securities China Leaders ETF

The Initial Offering Period will open on 12/7/21 & close on 28/7/21. The Issue Price of each unit during the Initial Offering Period is S$2.00.

During the Initial Offer Period, investors may subscribe through the Participating Dealers – OCBC Securities, iFAST Financial, Phillip Securities, Tiger Brokers Singapore, UOB Kay Hian & CGS-CIMB Securities. Investors can also invest through OCBC Bank’s ATMs & Internet Banking from 12 to 26 July 2021 with an application fee of S$2.00 only, regardless of investment amount.

Once the ETF is listed on SGX on 2 August 2021, investors will be able to trade through their brokers and respective trading platforms.

Investors can trade in SGD or RMB, using either cash or Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS).

Edited by Larry

@Larrythanks for taking time to write up. Much appreciated. I have the same info. 
(The Lion-OCBC HangSeng does not do well. Been plummeting below IPO price.)
This China Leader dividend is targeted to be 2% only. Not sure if it’s something worth investing. Dividend component is not attractive, to be honest. Not sure if it has growth potential. That’s the part I do not have much info. 

1 minute ago, bluerunner said:

@Larrythanks for taking time to write up. Much appreciated. I have the same info. 
(The Lion-OCBC HangSeng does not do well. Been plummeting below IPO price.)
This China Leader dividend is targeted to be 2% only. Not sure if it’s something worth investing. Dividend component is not attractive, to be honest. Not sure if it has growth potential. That’s the part I do not have much info. 

$2 for the IPO, definitely not my cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Larry said:

No lobang from 11th to 20th August.

Although the three banks give high dividends (DBS $0.33, OCBC $0.25 & UOB $0.6), but because of high share price ($31, $12.32 & $26.63 respectively), it is meaningless to move in.

Good tips Larry. 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, Since u r here said:

Must b very rich woh!!!!

https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/bonds/factsheet/SGXF69044257/TEMASE-2-800-17Aug2071-Qsov-SGD

Please note that the minimum investment amount is SGD 250,000.00.

1. Would I buy a 50 years bond with only 2.7% interest? Probably not. 2.7% interest for 50 years, though you can sell it away anytime, ha-ha...

2. I knew some Temasek  issued 50 years bonds need only S$1000 for retail investors. So can't confirm your figure is applicable to this new one (T-2071SGD), though there are examples of this S$250000 requirement for some of the current bonds. 

3. The bond will be offered to outside the United States, only to non-U.S. persons.

Edited by Larry

My terminology for LOBANG is about stocks when with a $10000 investment give an over $1000 dividend.

All others recommended (non-lobang) by me are stocks that dividends fell in-between $700 to $1000.

Edited by Larry

On 9/15/2021 at 7:31 PM, Larry said:

I bought the stock Stamford Tyres today to fill out the remaining October empty slot left behind for the 12 months.

This is to clarify few private mails I'd received,

On the eleven months, stocks bought years ago (mostly blue chips) & kept since purchases. Purpose is to have regular dividends for these 11 months, such as dividends from Singtel (twice yearly), Sasseur (4 times yearly) & etc.

Beside Stamford Tyres, hopefully can source new stocks to fill up October space.

Have you guys been reading about the Evergrande saga? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/china-developer-evergrande-debt-crisis-bond-default-and-investor-risks.html

Somehow this reminds me of a much smaller scale local company that followed a similar storyline. I am referring to Hyflux. Both grew their revenues very quickly year over year, but at the same time, also took up increasingly large amounts of debt. Eventually, the high debt load becomes unserviceable and at that point, collapse becomes imminent. Finally, the last similarity being that for both companies, many investors (both shareholders and bondholders) suffered catastrophic losses...

Edited by purplegiraffe

Have any of you guys been paying attention to the uranium sector? Quite exciting price action that is taking place, for the spot price of uranium as well as the equities of the companies in the sector... A small segment of the energy market that can possibly deliver significant outperformance in the near term, definitely worth taking a look 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, purplegiraffe said:

Both grew their revenues very quickly year over year, but at the same time, also took up increasingly large amounts of debt. Eventually, the high debt load becomes unserviceable and at that point, collapse becomes imminent. Finally, the last similarity being that for both companies, many investors (both shareholders and bondholders) suffered catastrophic losses...

Sorry and no offence, who is able to tell the next potential Hyflux or Evergrande?

Meaningless to keep harping on failures.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:50 AM, transmissionsm said:

I'm personally in pump and dump , wallstreetbets kind of stocks.

Made about 100 in a day and lost another 80 because i'm greedy.

Slowly learning. I'm happy if I can make about 500-1k additional per month as pocket money.

Careful with that type of speculation. Of course, it can be highly profitable but I would say that often times, it is akin to gambling

On 9/19/2021 at 9:01 AM, purplegiraffe said:

Careful with that type of speculation. Of course, it can be highly profitable but I would say that often times, it is akin to gambling

yup aware of it.

I must , i'm tempted when you see a 20% or more gains in just awhile but yeah i'm aware of the dangers. I'm never a gambler and don't intend to me.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 8:54 AM, bluerunner said:

It has been brutal to the market for the past 2-3weeks! Gosh. Hope for rebound. 

Without a proper recession. It is currently at -8% so far from the peak.

Though this is unprecedented that there's so much fed money in the market currently.

e.g 2018 lehman till before covid only 38% rise, 17% drop

2021 covid to early jan 100% rise - way too much money, 31% drop

If need to buy, buy sideways. Fed raises 3 times this year wont spook the market. Mid term elections might be more influential, though the "fear" now is Ukraine.