Male HQ

IKEA Long Queue Saga

single42

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/crowd-heads-ikea-ahead-closure-tuesday-company-says-online-store-continue

Responding to TODAY’s queries on Sunday, Ms Corinna Schuler, the company’s head of corporate communications, said that prior to Saturday’s crowd, Ikea had put in place strict measures to limit the number of people in its stores and secure safe social distancing.

04th April 2020

https://theindependent.sg/photos-of-long-queues-at-ikea-cafeteria-go-viral/

Screen-Shot-2020-10-26-at-12.18.41-PM.png

This happened just last sunday 25th Oct 2020

Reasons given: FREE AIRCON + FREE PARKING + GOOD CHICKEN WINGS & MEATBALLS (MASS PICNIC MODE @ Tampines IKEA CANTEEN) + FREE PLAYGROUND FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY

NO SOCIAL DISTANCING

NOT EVERYONE WORE MASKS AT THE CANTEEN 

I was looking at the picture in the article you quoted, the first you posted here, and I was surprised at the number of people who didn't wear masks.  One young woman on the left, a Caucasian, is not wearing a mask and one woman in the front central, looking like a typical Singaporean, not wearing a mask either.

What happened to the great compliance of the intelligent Singaporeans?   This looks like a crowd in America !!!  And all this for some free food!  Hopefully it does not get as bad as with the public in Trump's rallies,  listening to Trump claim that "we have turned the corner"...

The first picture was taken on 04th April 2020 before the govt order a full shut down when covid19 was happening in it's peak form

the 2nd picture was on last suday at the same IKEA.. 

The reason by one guy in the news.. i believed should be a husband to someone and a father to some kid.. 

1. FREE AIRCON

2. FREE PARKING

3. THEY CAN GATHER AT THE CANTEEN WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS TO DINE

4. CHILDREN CAN RUN AROUND AT THE INDOOR PLAYGROUND

**Kiasu attitude & forgetting that the covid19 is still here and we're merely in phase 2.

I have send the article to the MINISTER WONG & HIS BOY BAND to review the incident.

I have also send the article to SPF to inform of them of such recklessness that our local folks are displaying

Edited by single42

It's not just the folks at IKEA... 

There're young adults.. our own singapore young adults.. gathering in groups of 5 & above every weekend nights, friday & saturday at the back of CENTRAL MALL.. sitting along the river banks in groups of 5 & above side by side, gathering there to talk, smoke, & drink.. no social distancing.. no masks on... 

near the bridge that links to clarke quay.. young adults after 1030pm at night.. just because its away from all CCTVs.. they gather there to drink acohol, smoke, chat, hang out in groups of 10 & above.. their mentality is.. if i get the virus..i get lor.. i'll not die because s'pore medical facilities are so advance i wouldn't die one. 100% cfm can recover mentality.

Edited by single42

3 hours ago, Guest I have to say it said:

I have been cooking and eating healthy home food.  People who queue in ikea for food are loser with no prospect in life. 

I got money to spend. Problem? 

I thought safe distancing ambassadors can enter a private company premise (read on restaurants being fined / penalised) to "control" the crowd.

Where were the red t-shirt guys? 

Guest Ophthalmologist
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I was looking at the picture in the article you quoted, the first you posted here, and I was surprised at the number of people who didn't wear masks.  One young woman on the left, a Caucasian, is not wearing a mask and one woman in the front central, looking like a typical Singaporean, not wearing a mask either.

What happened to the great compliance of the intelligent Singaporeans?   This looks like a crowd in America !!!  And all this for some free food!  Hopefully it does not get as bad as with the public in Trump's rallies,  listening to Trump claim that "we have turned the corner"...

Where does it mention in TS original post that there is “some free food” ???

5 minutes ago, Guest Ophthalmologist said:

Where does it mention in TS original post that there is “some free food” ???

Ophthalmologist, you should be able to make yourself a fine pair of reading glasses.

With them on,  go to the first post, from the TS,  and read:

8 hours ago, single42 said:

Reasons given: FREE AIRCON + FREE PARKING + GOOD CHICKEN WINGS & MEATBALLS (MASS PICNIC MODE @ Tampines IKEA CANTEEN) + FREE PLAYGROUND FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY

NO SOCIAL DISTANCING

At the "mass picnic mode" the good chicken wings & meatballs were surely free!  But... are chicken wings healthy?  and are meatballs from 90% fat free meat?

But one should forgive the not wearing masks at the canteen.  It's difficult to eat the chicken wings and meatballs through a mask. 

Guest Ophthalmologist
19 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Ophthalmologist, you should be able to make yourself a fine pair of reading glasses.

With them on,  go to the first post, from the TS,  and read:

At the "mass picnic mode" the good chicken wings & meatballs were surely free!  But... are chicken wings healthy?  and are meatballs from 90% fat free meat?

But one should forgive the not wearing masks at the canteen.  It's difficult to eat the chicken wings and meatballs through a mask. 

Come come I give you free eye check and operate your eyes and at the same time sew your mouth shut. Everyone knows that the good chicken wings & meatballs in IKEA are NOT FOR FREE.  You talking too much based on your own perspective and assumptions. Shame on you ! What a nuisance you are. 

Guest dun be an idiot

Dun be an idiot pls,

it's an old article.

and what for you have to bring up a normal daily situation in IKEA?

it's crowded everytime,

not everyone wear mask in the cafe cos they are eating for goodness sake.

9 hours ago, single42 said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/crowd-heads-ikea-ahead-closure-tuesday-company-says-online-store-continue

04th April 2020

https://theindependent.sg/photos-of-long-queues-at-ikea-cafeteria-go-viral/

Screen-Shot-2020-10-26-at-12.18.41-PM.png

NO SOCIAL DISTANCING

3 minutes ago, Guest Ophthalmologist said:

Come come I give you free eye check and operate your eyes and at the same time sew your mouth shut. Everyone knows that the good chicken wings & meatballs in IKEA are NOT FOR FREE.  You talking too much based on your own perspective and assumptions. Shame on you ! What a nuisance you are. 

WHAT??? The IKEA in your country organizes a "mass picnic mode" for the good customers who make long lines to get in and buy their furniture, and it charges for that food?  They would not be doing this in Texas.  By definition, a "picnic" is an informal gathering where people share food,  not buy it!!  And even more surprising is that people are so dumb to stand in line without masks and social distancing to buy some furniture stuff they could perfectly buy online, and on top of that they have TO PAY for that junk food?  I doubt that we Americans would be willing to be mistreated like that, or that we would be so desperate for some miserable chicken wings! 

You should bring your glasses to America and enjoy real picnics organized by an entity, with some good barbecue to go around to everyone together with some beer. 

9 hours ago, Guest I have to say it said:

I have been cooking and eating healthy home food.  People who queue in ikea for food are loser with no prospect in life. 

Well said. Only stray dogs eat at road side. Like to roam around on the street. Claimed themselves rich but hunt for free aircon WiFi. Fuck!

1 minute ago, cutejack said:

how long more to wear mask? Life time? If stop bringing in foreigners, no more covid la.

Until vaccine is found. Until then we will continue to wear mask. We cannot stop bringing in foreigners as spore cannot do without them. Haha.

I have already send a message to Mr. Pritam Singh & Mr. Lawrence Wong thru both their facebook. And on top of that, i sent an email to the PRIME MINISTER OFFICE about the lack of control ongoging at Clarke Quay & Ikea situations.  

I QUOTE: 

However, a few concerned citizens mentioned the probability of the outlet becoming one of the places visited by a Covid-19 positive patient. “It just takes one case, one unfortunate weekend and it will blow out of proportion,” said Facebook user Zulfadli Zulkiffli. “Covid-19 is still around. Please maintain social distancing and exercise common sense,” urged another netizen.

UNQUOTE.

I really agreed with the netizens sentiments here.. just imagine.. we have 1 joker, asymptomatic / 1 positive covide 19 patient walks right into the crowd & mingle with the children at the playground.. what would happened..?? a FULL BLOWN PANDEMIC OUTBREAK instantly!! 

statistic figures will go up! phase 2 will go back to phase 1. fingers pointing will start. And every ministers will start to play the blame game. Ikea will get to be shut down.

Edited by single42

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

How come last sun suddenly super long queue? Was there any promo at ikea? Think phase 3 is coming, so people thought no more covid?

Singaporeans are really itching for troubles.. when they hear lawrence wong say.. we're slowly going into phase 3, we're loosening up some of the rules.. singaporeans turned into monkeys on the spot.. they will take things for granted easily.. since end of the year, we're going into phase 3 right, we got low covid infection rate.. no community folks are affected.. let's all chiong & go out.

like for e.g. last night, i was on board bus 807 going home.. this mly dude got on at chong pang near midnight. no mask.. argued & bargained with the bus driver.. i was about to get up and shove the kid off the bus but the bus captain instead took out a box of masks and ask the boy to take one if not, he ain't going anywhere into the bus.

QUOTE:

Facebook user Liam Kiam Peng highlighted the current situation where Singaporeans couldn’t go overseas for tour or travel and had no other place to go. “Tampines IKEA has free parking, a canteen where you can sit for a long time with friends and family members like on a picnic, children got a play area, you can shop, eat and free aircon,” said Mr Lim. “All in one! Good deal, right?”

This is the kinda of person who never thinks of the seriousness of the harm he is putting himself, his family & the people around into.. 

Edited by single42

UP TO DATE ON COVID19 CASE:

WE HAVE 1 LOCAL INFECTED COMMUNITY CASE (NOT WITHIN DORMITORIES) + 6 IMPORTED CASES all serving SHN

And u know, singaporeans will complain about downloading the TraceTogether App.. wearing of the Token device issued by the govt recently.. 

Now, imagine this 1 local infected case was in IKEA on sunday.. what would happened today?? our hospitals will be overwhelm with contract tracing cases / affected patients. A Full Blown Pandemic will happen by now.

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I doubt that we Americans would be willing to be mistreated like that

@Steve5380, this is not about mistreatment.. this is self-inflicted, they brought it on themselves.. couples with nowhere to go, call their friends & they decided to gather at IKEA on sunday, those with kids will bring them along.. 

Edited by single42

3 hours ago, single42 said:

@Steve5380, this is not about mistreatment.. this is self-inflicted, they brought it on themselves.. couples with nowhere to go, call their friends & they decided to gather at IKEA on sunday, those with kids will bring them along.. 

I was not serious.  I don't think you Singaporeans are mistreated.  I think you are spoiled.  :lol:

• G_M changed the title to IKEA Long Queue Saga
Guest I say it too
On 10/27/2020 at 3:51 AM, Guest I have to say it said:

People who eat at Ikea are always either with a group of friends having fun, or with a romantic partner enjoying the atmosphere.

The fact that you eat alone for every meal at home speaks volumes about your non-existent social and love life.

i.e. Nobody has asked you out for years.

Looks like you're the one who's the real loser with no prospect in life. 👏

6 hours ago, Guest I say it too said:

People who eat at Ikea are always either with a group of friends having fun, or with a romantic partner enjoying the atmosphere.

The fact that you eat alone for every meal at home speaks volumes about your non-existent social and love life.

i.e. Nobody has asked you out for years.

Looks like you're the one who's the real loser with no prospect in life. 👏

What a sad life in Singapore if you have to go to Ikea to have social and love life!

Guest Pervertress

Ikea Alexandra food is crap and the place got chao sng sour smell. Even hawkers serve better tasting food.

And there's only 2 lanes for human cashiers. Long queues and wait.

Guest I say it too
15 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

What a sad life in Singapore if you have to go to Ikea to have social and love life!

Lonely old man in Texas always commenting on a Singapore gay forum. 

Think you're the one with the really sad life.  😂

Prepare for four more years of Trump!  👏

1 hour ago, Guest I say it too said:

Lonely old man in Texas always commenting on a Singapore gay forum. 

Think you're the one with the really sad life.  😂

Prepare for four more years of Trump!  👏

Solitary now during the pandemic, but not lonely at all.  

You surely are a bad judge of characters!!  I lead a really happy life :)

I surely wish that in four days we can put Trump away.  He has not affected me personally very much,  but I empathize with his many victims,  those who have died because of him and those who have suffered economic collapse.  That man has blood on his hands.  

Guest Hi I'm Bi

Not just Trump. The govts of the world are resposible for massive unemployment and economic massacre. They MUST know that lockdowns will come at a heavy price and yet they all did it. People don't need to make a living?

39 minutes ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

Not just Trump. The govts of the world are resposible for massive unemployment and economic massacre. They MUST know that lockdowns will come at a heavy price and yet they all did it. People don't need to make a living?

You have a good point. Lockdown means lack of income for countless people who may lose their home, their possessions, their self esteem.  In a civilized country they are not necessarily going to lose their lives because there are social nets that catch people in dire need, with food banks, shelters.  The US is one of these countries.

So it comes to having countless fatalities and disabled persons affected by the spread of covid-19, or hurting countless people by eliminating their source of income and causing their financial ruin.  It is a difficult decision.  But there is a reality: people who lose everything but not their lives can recover material things and return to a normal life.  People who lose their lives can never recover them.

The economic impact from lockdowns can be compared to the economic impacts from natural disasters.  Countless people have lost their homes and most of what they had due to the forest fires in the West of the US.  Countless people have been affected by the hurricanes that destroyed their properties on the US gulf coast,  in Louisiana and  Mississippi, and what government could have avoided this?   Many of these people feel happy that they haven't lost their lives! 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Hi I'm Bi
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You have a good point. Lockdown means lack of income for countless people who may lose their home, their possessions, their self esteem.  In a civilized country they are not necessarily going to lose their lives because there are social nets that catch people in dire need, with food banks, shelters.  The US is one of these countries.

So it comes to having countless fatalities and disabled persons affected by the spread of covid-19, or hurting countless people by eliminating their source of income and causing their financial ruin.  It is a difficult decision.  But there is a reality: people who lose everything but not their lives can recover material things and return to a normal life.  People who lose their lives can never recover them.

The economic impact from lockdowns can be compared to the economic impacts from natural disasters.  Countless people have lost their homes and most of what they had due to the forest fires in the West of the US.  Countless people have been affected by the hurricanes that destroyed their properties on the US gulf coast,  in Louisiana and  Mississippi, and what government could have avoided this?   Many of these people feel happy that they haven't lost their lives! 

In a sort of twisted way and despite lack of civil liberites, Spore is a very safe and convenient place. Spore is sheltered from all these wrath of nature.

Judging from news reports, the US has becme very scary. Black VS white, social unrest, 50 000 homeless folks in LA alone!

Covid 19 is a great excuse to take  away civil liberties and even human rights. I think it will be used to create chaos, just like race was used.  Set the stage for a new world order. Our ministers have been using the words "new normal". With foreboding. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

Covid 19 is a great excuse to take  away civil liberties and even human rights. I think it will be used to create chaos, just like race was used.  Set the stage for a new world order. Our ministers have been using the words "new normal". With foreboding. 

In which world are you living where the precautions and measures taken to prevent contagion of covid-19  "is a great excuse to take away civil liberties and even human rights?  Can you elaborate?

When people are forced to wear masks to avoid infecting others with their viruses,  is this "taking away civil liberties and human rights"?  Or it just takes away liberties to infect others?

When bars and indoor restaurants and movie theaters are closed or forced to operate at reduced capacity to avoid contamination, is this "a great excuse to blah blah..."?

Who are your ministers who use the words "new normal" with foreboding?  Are they clerics, priests, monks? 

Guest Hi I'm Bi
43 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

In which world are you living where the precautions and measures taken to prevent contagion of covid-19  "is a great excuse to take away civil liberties and even human rights?  Can you elaborate?

When people are forced to wear masks to avoid infecting others with their viruses,  is this "taking away civil liberties and human rights"?  Or it just takes away liberties to infect others?

When bars and indoor restaurants and movie theaters are closed or forced to operate at reduced capacity to avoid contamination, is this "a great excuse to blah blah..."?

Who are your ministers who use the words "new normal" with foreboding?  Are they clerics, priests, monks? 

Oh  gee! A complete 360 degrees change in attitude and tone! From friendly to aggressive eh?  Should I tell the spore govt?

I assume you know about Spore, since you are a regulaar poster here.

Eg, In singapore they track you whereever you go with the "new normal" safe entry scan. You scan everytime you enter a shop, place whatever. Even saunas. But Spore isn't known for civil liberties anyway. It's a glamorous shopping center with big brotherly tendencies.

Glad I don't live in US. Seems dystopian.

12 minutes ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

Glad I don't live in US. Seems dystopian.

More dystopian than Singapore?  Why do I read so many complaints here about the things that happen in your country?

I am glad I have been living in the US.  Lower cost of living, great opportunities for work, plenty of civil rights, including same-sex marriage instead of 377A.   But things have turned very bad recently.  I am still happy here because I have not been seriously affected by them,  but I empathize very much with those who have been affected.

Guest Hi I'm Bi
16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

More dystopian than Singapore?  Why do I read so many complaints here about the things that happen in your country?

I am glad I have been living in the US.  Lower cost of living, great opportunities for work, plenty of civil rights, including same-sex marriage instead of 377A.   But things have turned very bad recently.  I am still happy here because I have not been seriously affected by them,  but I empathize very much with those who have been affected.

I don't think Spore is dystopian but a police state. "Porn fantasies" here.

377A and high prices are endorsed by 61% voters. Grin and bare it.

Anyway there's good and bad everywhere. Depends on what you are comfortable with. If you read our local press, they always have whites praising Spore. No dugs, low crime, good place to raise children. All the platitudes. Oh the whites love staying at River valley. It's a fews minutes walk to pubs, clubs.  A few years ago, on a SIA plane back from UK. All those Englishmen were so happy to be going to Spore. It's summer all year round!

Sorry for my marketing pitch. I do wish you a great life in the US.  It's a big place. Don't like it? One can easily move to another state. 

29 minutes ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

I

Sorry for my marketing pitch. I do wish you a great life in the US.  It's a big place. Don't like it? One can easily move to another state. 

What marketing pitch?  You should be proud of your country and emphasize all the good in it.  I also wish you a great life in Singapore.  All those Englishmen have to travel so far to find happiness in Singapore, and you have it right under your feet,  lucky you!  :) 

Guest Hi I'm Bi
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

What marketing pitch?  You should be proud of your country and emphasize all the good in it.  I also wish you a great life in Singapore.  All those Englishmen have to travel so far to find happiness in Singapore, and you have it right under your feet,  lucky you!  :) 

Yup, I acknowledge that the MRT (called subway in US right?) is 2 minutes stroll from my residence. I don't have to drive to get groceries. The cinema and numerous eateries are within walking distance too. Terribly convenient.

Yes I do count my lucky stars. :) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.