Male HQ

Big Brand Retail Outlet Closing e.g. BODS/Bodynits, A & F (compiled)

HendryTan

1. Robinsons to Close and Liquidate.

2. Younger folks may not think much of Robinsons.

But for older guys like me, it was a regular shopping place especially since it was at at the CityHall MRT.

• HendryTan changed the title to Robinsons to Close
Guest Neh Neh Pok

The news is music to my ears! Hohohohohohahahaha!

Before that Esprit, whose closure I felt well deserved.

Why their demise? Becos there are many cheaper and better quality brands that have snatched away their regulars.  

Guest Neh Neh Pok

I don't feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for people who snubbed and gave attitude to their reular customer.

Serves them right!

Bye bye baby bye bye. 

Guest Covid19 kills ppl

Covid19 kills a lot of ppl

take away many ppl jobs 

more to come!

those who survive will be the fittest!

its the game of survival of the fittest! 

Were there rumors in the past that their new management was anti-gay and fired one of the gay staff who took matter to the MOM?  I have a vague memory of the history then.  I hope more mega malls closed, so that the place can return to its old cruisy charm and let the gay adventure begin.

14 minutes ago, Guest Neh Neh Pok said:

Robinsons fired a man for being gay before. The employee said there was discrimination and harassment.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/gay-man-applies-for-constitutional-protection-against-workplace-discrimination

Are you that gay unLAWfully dismissed? 

Wee feels you.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Sad to see people getting laid off. But I’m not a fan of this place though. One time I wanted to buy 900$ mixer and it wasn’t on display. So I asked a staff if I could take a look at the one in the box. She called her manager and the manager woman kept insisting I don’t need to look at it because it’s very much like much cheaper model that was on the display. Needless to say, I left. 

Not surprise at all, was there on a weekday evening and the heeren store was almost empty,  how to survive when the staff number is more than the customer?

It is only tip of the iceberg, I wonder what would happen to all the smaller players in the entertainment scene,  not much help was given to them and there was no sign as to when they can operate again. 

Guest Neh Neh Pok

Dept stores are mostly middlemen. They get stuff from suppilers and mark up the price several times. And dept stores tend to carry the same brands. They use same suppliers.

Guest Neh Neh Pok
28 minutes ago, fab said:

Are you that gay unLAWfully dismissed? 

Wee feels you.

I think you should be unlawfully dismissed. Then you won't be so cavalier and cocky.

This is what happens when you sell local companies to foreigners lor..... In fact, Raffles Hotel also belongs to foreigners now. Next thing the foreigners will do is to go sell or close down our Senoko which generates our electricity or Hyflux which runs our desalination plant. 

Such a well known departmental store for so many years of history also can closed down! So they closing down sales started? Should be super super long queue! When will they close down officially?

1 minute ago, Guest guest said:

Such a well known departmental store for so many years of history also can closed down! So they closing down sales started? Should be super super long queue! When will they close down officially?

Cannot la,  must observe social distancing and limit the number of customer inside the store. 

42 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Cannot la,  must observe social distancing and limit the number of customer inside the store. 

like that how to have closing down sales?

3 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

closing down sales online.... Somemore can create more job for delivery sector. 

news reported that long long queue appeared at robinsons stores!

3 hours ago, Guest Denie said:

Sad to see people getting laid off. But I’m not a fan of this place though. One time I wanted to buy 900$ mixer and it wasn’t on display. So I asked a staff if I could take a look at the one in the box. She called her manager and the manager woman kept insisting I don’t need to look at it because it’s very much like much cheaper model that was on the display. Needless to say, I left. 

Meaning deserve to be laid off? Lol

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This is what happens when you sell local companies to foreigners lor..... In fact, Raffles Hotel also belongs to foreigners now. Next thing the foreigners will do is to go sell or close down our Senoko which generates our electricity or Hyflux which runs our desalination plant. 

You and your hate for foreigners!

America is one of the countries with sufficient financial power to buy Singapore.  Thinking of this,  it would be nice if the US does that, and then I would be a citizen of Singapore.  Why I like this?  Because then I won't be discriminated at gay saunas that don't accept foreigners, my country could do away with 377A,  and the American gay society could stimulate the creation of more and bigger and raunchier gay saunas, and giving honorary USA citizenships to the Singaporeans who qualify by being gay!   :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Gas Star

I think all dept stores will fold. It's a matter of time.  Covid is just the catalyst. Their stuff is overpriced. Like at some, they sell CIN2 and other brands. It's much cheaper online. Dept stores have a big no no in exchange of underwear. But with certain websites, they do exchange. 

37 minutes ago, Guest Gas Star said:

I think all dept stores will fold. It's a matter of time.  Covid is just the catalyst. Their stuff is overpriced. Like at some, they sell CIN2 and other brands. It's much cheaper online. Dept stores have a big no no in exchange of underwear. But with certain websites, they do exchange. 

I agree that getting stuff online is convenient now. What I like about physical store is I could try on the size/cutting of shirt and pants if it’s my first time buying them. I would also like to try on a new pair of shoe before buying. 
It would be great if online stores can set up physical shops just for that purpose.

57 minutes ago, Guest Gas Star said:

Even without Covid-19 the department stores are doomed sooner or later. They were so before the pandemic.

17 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

I agree that getting stuff online is convenient now. What I like about physical store is I could try on the size/cutting of shirt and pants if it’s my first time buying them. I would also like to try on a new pair of shoe before buying. 
It would be great if online stores can set up physical shops just for that purpose.

I am as guilty as anyone of harming the physical stores by buying online.  My preferred source is Amazon. I have bought there some (tennis) shoes and underwear and never had a problem with size.  But if I had had,  their return system is excellent.  Most of their merchandize can be returned to some collection centers, like UPS stores, who take them in without having to mail them back to Amazon, and one gets credit nearly instantly.  

And for items not size dependent, it gets even better.  Their 2-day free delivery (with Prime) has been improved by a delivery... the next day!   I buy household items, accessories for cars,  non-perishable food, vitamins,  electronic components from them even when the price at the physical stores is the same just to avoid to drive to the stores and get them.  With Amazon I get everything delivered at my door step.  And most of these items I can return without any loss!

There are other big stores that provide good online shopping, like Walmart.  I doubt that this online tendency will ever be reversed.  

Guest Gas Star
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I am as guilty as anyone of harming the physical stores by buying online.  My preferred source is Amazon. I have bought there some (tennis) shoes and underwear and never had a problem with size.  But if I had had,  their return system is excellent.  Most of their merchandize can be returned to some collection centers, like UPS stores, who take them in without having to mail them back to Amazon, and one gets credit nearly instantly.  

Agree. Amazon returns are real easy. You put the return items in the box that it came in. Print out a return form and mail it. The money for postage and returned goods are credited back into your account.

I did return for other sites. Some don't return you the postage.

Guest Gas Star
3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I don't comprehand why dept stores allow people to try on swimwear but not underwear. In both instances, dicks will come into contact with the fabric. And they will tell you during payment, sternly:"no exchange." Makes people feel like they are dirty.

Lucky one underwear shop allow trying.

32 minutes ago, Guest Gas Star said:

I don't comprehand why dept stores allow people to try on swimwear but not underwear. In both instances, dicks will come into contact with the fabric. And they will tell you during payment, sternly:"no exchange." Makes people feel like they are dirty.

Lucky one underwear shop allow trying.

I assume we are all adults here.  How fast does your body shape change that you need to try on the underwear every time you buy some new one?

Here in the US the sizes are few and wide.  And underwear is really elastic, so it does not have to fit to the centimeter of waist size.

Guest Hi I'm Bi
29 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

Out Of Topic...keke. 

Actually was asking for name of shop that allows trying of undies. Think it's OOT so deleted it.

Hint hint. Near Forum Galleria side road.

Guest Hi I'm Bi
26 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I assume we are all adults here.  How fast does your body shape change that you need to try on the underwear every time you buy some new one?

Here in the US the sizes are few and wide.  And underwear is really elastic, so it does not have to fit to the centimeter of waist size.

I have leanrt to read the size chart before ordering. Even with CIN2 and Andrew Christian, the M size is different.  CIN2 L size is a little big for me but it really depends on the cut. Low rise, I owuld prefer L. Regular rise M size.  Andrew C, their L size is better for me. 

Some of GX3 fabric is not terribly elastic. And you only find out when the goods arrive. 

9 minutes ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

I have leanrt to read the size chart before ordering. Even with CIN2 and Andrew Christian, the M size is different.  CIN2 L size is a little big for me but it really depends on the cut. Low rise, I owuld prefer L. Regular rise M size.  Andrew C, their L size is better for me. 

Some of GX3 fabric is not terribly elastic. And you only find out when the goods arrive. 

I recognize that you are a connoisseur and very selective in your underwear.  So sizes may become confusing.   In my case, since I remember I have been buying always Calvin Klein undies, and my size has not changed.  Although this brand also changed once their labeling.  But fortunately I guessed correctly.  

Guest Hi I'm Bi
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I recognize that you are a connoisseur and very selective in your underwear.  So sizes may become confusing.   In my case, since I remember I have been buying always Calvin Klein undies, and my size has not changed.  Although this brand also changed once their labeling.  But fortunately I guessed correctly.  

I like variety.

Yes and we are all adults here. I hope with adults sensibilties, not to descend into shrilly histrionics to win an agument. 

Guest Hi I'm Bi
2 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

This thread is about Robinson closing down leh, not about underwear,  there is another thread on underwear in this forum 😅

Sorri dear, the discussion just wandered away...

Guest Hi I'm Bi
9 minutes ago, Oral4You said:

On news, the queue was long! I think all retails must announce they are closing. Immediately sales 🚀 high

One thrift store used Closing down sales as their signboard. Got called out by the authorities for misrepresentation.

• G_M changed the title to Big Brand Retail Outlet Closing e.g. BODS/Bodynits, A & F (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.