Male HQ

Big Brand Retail Outlet Closing e.g. BODS/Bodynits, A & F (compiled)

HendryTan

15 hours ago, Guest Denie said:

Sad to see people getting laid off. But I’m not a fan of this place though. One time I wanted to buy 900$ mixer and it wasn’t on display. So I asked a staff if I could take a look at the one in the box. She called her manager and the manager woman kept insisting I don’t need to look at it because it’s very much like much cheaper model that was on the display. Needless to say, I left. 

Did you buy one elsewhere?  Was it on show or did they bring it out of the box for you? Just curious

3 hours ago, Guest Hi I'm Bi said:

Some of GX3 fabric is not terribly elastic. And you only find out when the goods arrive. 

Makes me hard to breathe reading that.  It's so uncomfortable to have one's balls wrapped up so tightly.  Balls are best hanging down freely, not pushed up tightly against the body.

Edited by FattChoy

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not at all,  underwear sold in Robinson can also find in other departmental store,  that's why whenever there is a new shopping Centre open here, nothing to get excited because nothing is really new ha...... 

That's so true.  Their offerings and prices are not much different from other places.  

There was a similar one called Lotte departmental store in Wangfujing Beijing.  It had so little traffic, its escalators were not only not moving, they look like they're brand new without any dirt from shoe prints.  Great place to walk around after dinner.

Edited by FattChoy

Guest Hi I'm Bi
21 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

Makes me hard to breathe reading that.  It's so uncomfortable to have one's balls wrapped up so tightly.  Balls are best hanging down freely, not pushed up tightly against the body.

Skinxwear is great. I can wear sizes S to XL. 

16 hours ago, Guest Denie said:

Sad to see people getting laid off. But I’m not a fan of this place though. One time I wanted to buy 900$ mixer and it wasn’t on display. So I asked a staff if I could take a look at the one in the box. She called her manager and the manager woman kept insisting I don’t need to look at it because it’s very much like much cheaper model that was on the display. Needless to say, I left. 

But the issue is: Let's say you looked at the product and the original packaging was opened but you did not buy the mixer, the next customer will say he/she wants a product in the sealed packaging and then there is no other "new" product in a sealed packaging. How to reconcile both?

If the shop assistant is smart, he will permit you to take a check after buying but before leaving the shop.

What you describe might have been circumstantial as there was maybe only one sealed item left...

The info given by the shop manager was just not smart.

At least Robinson had most of their things on display. And for sure, buyers will miss the huge range of different products.

The knowledge of the staff on their products was on a downturn the past 5 years. I was looking for an iron and was confused on different models. The staff in charge of the area did not even know the different brands and just told me something out of the blue. I resorted to reading the boxes myself, later went home and read up on the internet.

I admit, I didn't go to Robinsons for some time. In early years bought clothing but later only went for household items.

The only thing which makes shopping worse is: You can do online shopping but for technical items or electronic items it is good to take a look at the product. If you buy online you will see the flaws only after you already paid for it and don't have a chance to take an upfront look. And for many sellers you can't be sure about the origin or whether the things aren't even "second" hand items if you buy online. Can turn out that you buy an item in blue colour and then you receive it in white, which you did not want. You write in, are lucky to receive a response and the seller tells you all items had been white but his display was in blue only.

The third thing is: The law for returning rejected items must change. I have neighbours who order like the world ends tomorrow online items. I know because they are never home and the delivery guys are already desperate to ask me to take in the things for them (but I reject). When I leave on times, I see all the boxes piled up for return back to the seller.

I m not sure if environmentally this is the right thing to go and the resources required to accommodate those local who are probably the same in turning every apple and orange at Fairprice before they pick one to buy...  In some countries they are already changing the law and those ordering things will need to pay the postage/ costs to return rejected items. Note: The price goes up for every buyer if you have some of these "I don't really bother, if I don't like I just send it back... people..."

These issues you don't have with real retail shops with showrooms.

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I recognize that you are a connoisseur and very selective in your underwear.  So sizes may become confusing.   In my case, since I remember I have been buying always Calvin Klein undies, and my size has not changed.  Although this brand also changed once their labeling.  But fortunately I guessed correctly.  

The problem here is. Every country has different sizes. M in the UK is not the same as M in France or Thailand.

It makes it more complicated as Asian M is not the same as European M.

This boils down to underwear.

I bought Asian underwear in M which was more European S.

In Asia they even have XS...

It is not as easy as you think. In your country it should be more a problem if they have XXXXXL isn't it?

tenor.gif.ce25b15b3663fa2d0ec30c5926519004.gif

51 minutes ago, singalion said:

The problem here is. Every country has different sizes. M in the UK is not the same as M in France or Thailand.

It makes it more complicated as Asian M is not the same as European M.

This boils down to underwear.

I bought Asian underwear in M which was more European S.

In Asia they even have XS...

It is not as easy as you think. In your country it should be more a problem if they have XXXXXL isn't it?

Take your underwear and wrap the band around your neck.  If it doesn't go all the way around, it's too small.

Edited by FattChoy

13 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

tenor.gif.ce25b15b3663fa2d0ec30c5926519004.gif

Take your underwear and wrap the band around your neck.  If it doesn't go all the way around, it's too small.

No worry, but I sieve the cooked rice after having cooked it through water too and run it below cold water first before I start to make fried rice...

Roger now?

9 hours ago, singalion said:

I really don't know what is the largest size in the US.  I suspect that it is more like XXL.  But I could be wrong.  Or after this size, the morbid obese may need to have custom made undies.  And those beyond that, don't need undies because they cannot get up from their beds.

8 hours ago, singalion said:

No worry, but I sieve the cooked rice after having cooked it through water too and run it below cold water first before I start to make fried rice...

Roger now?

Why work so hard with cooked rice?  Substitute with cooked lentils, and the size of undies will go down rapidly.

18 hours ago, singalion said:

Roger now?

This is smlj? Robinson thread talk about underwear still OK. Now some si angmoh talk about cooking rice and frying rice? Really foreign trash lor. 

On 10/31/2020 at 12:02 AM, Steve5380 said:

You and your hate for foreigners!

America is one of the countries with sufficient financial power to buy Singapore.  Thinking of this,  it would be nice if the US does that, and then I would be a citizen of Singapore.  Why I like this?  Because then I won't be discriminated at gay saunas that don't accept foreigners, my country could do away with 377A,  and the American gay society could stimulate the creation of more and bigger and raunchier gay saunas, and giving honorary USA citizenships to the Singaporeans who qualify by being gay!   :thumb:

Yah and pay their ridiculous tax rates? No thank you.

Looks to me like people has no faith in our legal liquidation system, or no clue how it works at all. If the suppliers all run out to take back their goods, how is anyone  going to do a proper stock count on what is remaining and what has been sold? This is no different from looting at all. And the supplier are saying that the money by the consumers may not go to the right people? The irony.... 

I think the false image of our first world status is fast crumbling down. 

Guest OG = Old Girls

Lots of places also closed quietly. Robinsns dong dong chiang very loud.

BHG = Bring Home Goondus.

All dept stores sure close. They have ceased to be relevant. Covid 19 will push them to the brink.

16 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Taka and M&S might not sustain long also. But how come no one say OG will fold?

OG is able to survive because they are currently operating from their own properties, same goes for Yue Hwa & Tangs (except Vivo - should rip soon). 

Guest OG for old pax
46 minutes ago, Guest OrGy said:

OG is able to survive because they are currently operating from their own properties, same goes for Yue Hwa & Tangs (except Vivo - should rip soon). 

OG can survive because there are a lot of old pax there. They don’t go Lazada or Qoo10 

• 4 months later...
Guest Derelict
2 hours ago, mate69 said:

Omg that's sad

I love their skimpy stuff fr long ago :ph34r:

No compassion.  Cannot survive, cannot make it, off you go. Bankrupt, close down all not my problem

Guest Garyana
3 hours ago, mate69 said:

Omg that's sad

I love their skimpy stuff fr long ago :ph34r:

So 90s right. Swim trunks with the logo B O D S on the back. Their stuff were sold in most dept stores. Now zilch.

Downfall of a brand. Just like Esprit. :lol: :lol:  

Guest Derelict

For a local brand they were certainly well receved by locals. During the 90s, heard some of their fashion designers wre gay.

During the 80s, there were other local brands like Bobby Chng and Hemispheres which allowed individual designers have their own booth for their creations. Catered to a niche market.

14 hours ago, Guest Derelict said:

For a local brand they were certainly well receved by locals. During the 90s, heard some of their fashion designers wre gay.

During the 80s, there were other local brands like Bobby Chng and Hemispheres which allowed individual designers have their own booth for their creations. Catered to a niche market.

For those old enough. remember Tangs Studio? It was a more upscale design driven concept store created by CK Tangs. Originally at Scotts, then they moved to Ngee Ann city. Tangs Studio used to have a section filled with local designers which I think is pretty cool. 

The funny thing is with regards to Bods/Bodynits, the first time i actually saw their stuff was in Teenage magazine. I recall, they had the male models in these spandex/skin tight lycra suits etc. which the editorial spread tried to make it fashionable, i.e. athletic wear, which obviously were too avant garde for its time then. 

Love. 

Guest Derelict
9 hours ago, doncoin said:

For those old enough. remember Tangs Studio? It was a more upscale design driven concept store created by CK Tangs. Originally at Scotts, then they moved to Ngee Ann city. Tangs Studio used to have a section filled with local designers which I think is pretty cool. 

The funny thing is with regards to Bods/Bodynits, the first time i actually saw their stuff was in Teenage magazine. I recall, they had the male models in these spandex/skin tight lycra suits etc. which the editorial spread tried to make it fashionable, i.e. athletic wear, which obviously were too avant garde for its time then. 

Mmmm yes they brought in lots of stuff, nice unusual design. A little pricey. I recall queuing at their Scotts branch to get those limited edirion chrono and scuba Swatch watches. 

Then when I started working, went there pretty regularly with frens because they sold Matinique clothing.

I think the current Tangs @ vivocity is just like the defunct Tangs Studio.

It's funny, I was clearing my closet of stuff this evening, and found a pair of BODS shorts in white that I bought several years ago. I remember buying it at Central (Clarke Quay) one morning when I had arrived earlier than expected for my meeting at the offices upstairs and was walking around and came across the store. Well, here's hoping that with their demise, a new local brand will take over and surpass what Bods/bodynits did. 

Love. 

Sad, this was their second attempt to revive the brand. Sadly their current designs are not attractive. 

Used to own multiple pieces of their BODS swimming trunks.

I used to love going to Heeren, to shop at the outlet there and quite a number of local brands especially before or after gym at Cali Orchard Towers(?). Can't even remember the names of the stores now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, Behrhunter said:

Sad, this was their second attempt to revive the brand. Sadly their current designs are not attractive. 

Used to own multiple pieces of their BODS swimming trunks.

I used to love going to Heeren, to shop at the outlet there and quite a number of local brands especially before or after gym at Cali Orchard Towers(?). Can't even remember the names of the stores now. 

I bought some sports singlets before they closed. The material has changed since I bought a batch of them 6-7 years ago. Still prefer their older material and design.

3 hours ago, bwf15 said:

I bought some sports singlets before they closed. The material has changed since I bought a batch of them 6-7 years ago. Still prefer their older material and design.

I did have a look at their apparel the last few times when they had atrium shows at PS, that was the last i recall browsing their items. I agree with you and the impression they gave me is that their items looked similar to what you can buy from taobao/aliexpress with their logo slapped on. 

Actually their clothing material is really high quality, especially winter wear. I'll still support the brand and buy from them online. It's not like the brand is dying - more of a shift to online sales and distribution instead of brick and mortar stores.

• G_M changed the title to Big Brand Retail Outlet Closing e.g. BODS/Bodynits, A & F (compiled)

Remember I want for the Audition for the shirtless hunk for A & F at Taka tower..easily make friends I love to intiate convo etc...beside we shirtless and need to try that red pants....I know I am short 163-165 but just go anyway for the experience haha the pants is long for me haha even though didn't get to be in line for the opening but it was a memorable experience 😏

Lesson in life...just grab any opportunities that come by even though you knew you wont be selected haha it is for the experience etc haha it was fun haha 

Shocked that they closing down...the fragrance is nice and some tops n btms (clothes) too! 

Edited by BudakFit

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.