Male HQ

Camera

Guest Camera

Anyone still owns a camera? Not the dslr professional type but the normal basic rectangular type. And what do you do with it? I think my camera battery would have long gone cause have not been charged since forever. 

10 hours ago, Guest Camera said:

Anyone still owns a camera? Not the dslr professional type but the normal basic rectangular type. And what do you do with it? I think my camera battery would have long gone cause have not been charged since forever. 

It's not what we do with it that matters. Its what YOU want to do with it and why you bought it and how come you stop using it?

I have 4 cameras. I shoot for fun and work and avid photography for over 30 yrs. I hardly shoot for work now but I am into it as a hobby. I almost never sell the cameras I bought and still use it. Which was why I bought them to begin with. Including a lot of lens.

If you bought it back then because you love photography, you should ask why you stop? If you bought a low entry level general camera (non-DSLR) because you just want to capture family photos when the need arises then I guess it is safe to say in the last 5 yrs, your mobile camera are more then capable to take those same photos for you so your old entry level camera is redundant and you kept it in the closet.

Batteries will evolve and as old models of camera goes off, no manufacturers will keep making old model batteries. Makes no sense and money. Please be careful of those alternative no brand cheap batteries made with no QC or little of it. If it blows up, it might mean more then losing the camera in a fire but your whole home. Trust me. I have been silly enough in my younger days to save money and bought china no brand batteries for my Nikon cameras and gear. If you can forget about the camera until you saw it when spring cleaning or something.. just throw it away or sell it if got value and not too old or a collector item.

Edited by upshot
typo and clarity of context

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.