Male HQ

Which laptop brand and model is light and cheap and fast?

kidster

I like to carry my laptop around to do work as and when there is waiting time or when I got played out by some ass holes I'm supposed to meet up.

But it's very heavy to carry around. I thought of buying a Samsung Galaxy S7+ but all my files are in my laptop.

Surface Pro was my solution for a period of time but the battery life and quality of really bad. Managed to sell to an idiot after posting on Carousell for 1 year.

Can you help me think of a solution? Or which brand and model is light and cheap and fast? I prefer a screen size of 14" at least.

Currently using Macbook Pro 14" around.

Edited by kidster

• kidster changed the title to Which laptop brand and model is light and cheap and fast?

I have a Lenovo for almost 6 years. It was good enough for me, then. But since last year, after the updates, starting up the noteboook is very slow. On bad days, it can be almost 3 minutes. 

Im using iPad Pro, now. Still exploring, its a very steep learning curve for me. 

You are using Macbook Pro. Doesnt it works for you, anymore? 

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

3 hours ago, TamPenis said:

I have a Lenovo for almost 6 years. It was good enough for me, then. But since last year, after the updates, starting up the noteboook is very slow. On bad days, it can be almost 3 minutes. 

Im using iPad Pro, now. Still exploring, its a very steep learning curve for me. 

Might be a silly question, but have you format your Lenovo? Generally speaking, I’d recommend a format every 1-2 years. Think of it like spring cleaning, but for your laptop instead of your home!

I’m running the iPad Pro 12.9” 2020. 80% of what I do, I can do it on my iPad instead of MacBook. Been liking it so far!

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

3 minutes ago, Rhyn said:

Might be a silly question, but have you format your Lenovo? Generally speaking, I’d recommend a format every 1-2 years. Think of it like spring cleaning, but for your laptop instead of your home!

I’m running the iPad Pro 12.9” 2020. 80% of what I do, I can do it on my iPad instead of MacBook. Been liking it so far!

I know... I dont have the expertise and i cant live without my notebook if its being sent for service 

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

If you’re on Windows 10, it’s very easy to format it now. You’ll have to backup all your data first on an external hard drive before you do that, and usually, if you do get someone to do it for you, turnover shouldn’t take more than a day 🙂

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

16 hours ago, practease said:

As the saying goes,

If you want it light and cheap, it wouldn't be fast

If you want it light and fast, it wouldn't be cheap

And if you want it fast and cheap, it wouldn't be light.

My favourite 2 brands of laptops would be ASUS and Fujitsu, in terms of performance and reliability.

I wouldn't recommend Dell, HP and Acer.

ASUS and Fujitsu are also my favorite brands.

Fujitsu is no longer made in Japan I think and it's more expensive.

Many people recommend Dell XPS series.

16 hours ago, TamPenis said:

I'm using Win 10 on Macbook Pro. It's a long story and the stupidest decision I have made.

I also have Macbook Air (used) and Marcbook Pro 15" (Brand New) for sale now. 2014 model. Last model with MagSafe

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.