Male HQ

Anyone owns a pair of true wireless earbuds for about less than Sg $110? With actual STABLE connection and music doesn't stutter...pls recommend...

juzabishanguy

Anybody owns a pair of true wireless earbuds less than Sgd $110 bucks care to promote their own? If gt photo then lagi best!
Pref one with actual stable bluetooth connection that doesn't make the music stutter when listening.

Like....kinda hard to find...currently using a pair from blackdot brand but kinda....==|||

For connectivity it depend on the place you travel to. Some places are exceptionally disruptive. Personally walked past many times and got disrupted with music pauses. So both plays a part. 

4 hours ago, Kimochi said:

For connectivity it depend on the place you travel to. Some places are exceptionally disruptive. Personally walked past many times and got disrupted with music pauses. So both plays a part. 

The biggest culprit are strong Bluetooth/wireless type signals. When in the mall and walking near stores with entrance security gantries that detect if you took items out still with the security tags, will affect your wireless headset. These are other security and strong signal roaming electronic will always stumble onto your wireless devices.

Matters not if cheap or expensive. My $499 Sennheiser Momentum or Wireless B+W P5 and $100+ Bluejay all get fucked by it. Want to avoid it, get wired headset. There is nothing else that works against it. Live it. It's not about price or brand...bluetooth and wireless roaming is always intrusive.,, til; they can come up with one that will restrict the paired devices you have.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

11 hours ago, juzabishanguy said:

Anybody owns a pair of true wireless earbuds less than Sgd $110 bucks care to promote their own? If gt photo then lagi best!
Pref one with actual stable bluetooth connection that doesn't make the music stutter when listening.

Like....kinda hard to find...currently using a pair from blackdot brand but kinda....==|||

Hey there! I think you’ll be hard pressed to find something like that for under $110 haha. Even the most venerable AirPod Pros have issues of their own. 

That being said, you can look at second hand versions of Jabra Active 65t on Carousell. My partner has been using it for Zoom calls with the mic and he’s pretty happy with it! 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

I have been using Jabra Active 75t and loving it since. Stable connectivity, ease of connection and reconnection, very comfortable to wear for jogging, etc. Despite all these, it’s after all limited by being a Bluetooth device. So intermittent disruption is expected but tolerable. It’s a compromise between being wired but unparalleled sound quality vs wireless convenience with negligible flaws. Have fun exploring 😊

Be cool, like a breeze...

9 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

I have been using Jabra Active 75t and loving it since. Stable connectivity, ease of connection and reconnection, very comfortable to wear for jogging, etc. Despite all these, it’s after all limited by being a Bluetooth device. So intermittent disruption is expected but tolerable. It’s a compromise between being wired but unparalleled sound quality vs wireless convenience with negligible flaws. Have fun exploring 😊

Have you updated the firmware? Apparently, there’s noise cancelling already 🙂

https://www.jabra.sg/supportpages/jabra-elite-active-75t/100-99091003-40/faq/What-is-Active-Noise-Cancellation#/

7 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Slight but not significant. I usually set my profile to zero “hear-through” when I am on the move (in buses, mrt, etc). 

Ah okay, good to know! Thanks man 🙂

Here's Why Your Bluetooth Headphones Keep Acting Up

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/audio/a14105176/bluetooth-headphones-problems/

How To Fix Wireless Interference with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
https://www.nerdstogo.com/fix-bluetooth-and-wi-fi-interference/

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:50 PM, Kimochi said:

Hm...i can understand that definitely...but even brisk walking / jogging in a park connector also music always stutters alot le..i actually partially blame it on my maybe too cheap earbuds. But my last time Jays Four (also bluetooth but got the connecting wire between the earbuds) bluetooth had no such disruptions before leh...so just wondering lo..

On 11/17/2020 at 5:06 PM, upshot said:

The biggest culprit are strong Bluetooth/wireless type signals. When in the mall and walking near stores with entrance security gantries that detect if you took items out still with the security tags, will affect your wireless headset. These are other security and strong signal roaming electronic will always stumble onto your wireless devices.

Matters not if cheap or expensive. My $499 Sennheiser Momentum or Wireless B+W P5 and $100+ Bluejay all get fucked by it. Want to avoid it, get wired headset. There is nothing else that works against it. Live it. It's not about price or brand...bluetooth and wireless roaming is always intrusive.,, til; they can come up with one that will restrict the paired devices you have.

I usually only use my this current pair while i'm out brisk walking or jogging in parks or park connectors.  As mentioned to Kimochi actually my old pair of Jay Fours  although not True Wireless..but never seemed to have such a stuttering problem, which is kinda strange...

On 11/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Rhyn said:

Hey there! I think you’ll be hard pressed to find something like that for under $110 haha. Even the most venerable AirPod Pros have issues of their own. 

nd versions of Jabra Active 65t on Carousell. My partner has been using it for Zoom calls with the mic and he’s pretty happy with it! 

Ya..i see the price of Airpod Pros balls shrink sia...thats why i wanted to know how often music stutters if your using even expensive brands...

On 11/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, Coolbriz said:

Will take note and maybe see the cost during Black Friday sale...lol...thanks for your suggestion!..

If you’re using Jays Four wireless, it’s not a True Wireless earbud. The main difference is that True Wireless earbud has to make much more complicated connections- it has to first establish a connection to your phone, then one side has to connect to the other side, and then maintain that connection. In contrast, Jays Four only needs to connect to one side because the Left and Right side is connected via a cable. In that sense, it is way less complicated and much more stable.

That being said, you can try Apple’s new Beats Flex, $75. Not True Wireless earbud but it’s way more value and it’s similar to Jays Four

Beats Flex – All-Day Wireless Earphones – Beats Black

https://store.apple.com/sg/xc/product/MYMC2PA/A

Edited by Rhyn
Grammar

4 hours ago, juzabishanguy said:

Hm...i can understand that definitely...but even brisk walking / jogging in a park connector also music always stutters alot le..i actually partially blame it on my maybe too cheap earbuds. But my last time Jays Four (also bluetooth but got the connecting wire between the earbuds) bluetooth had no such disruptions before leh...so just wondering lo..

It used to be worst when people were using Bluetooth invading device to hack or have bluetooth with very aggressive detection and pairing modes which causes this problem. But with improvement over the years this got better. Some bluetooth headset are using such tiny components (to make them tiny to wear on your ears) the usual 20 to 30 feet does not count, your body can be the 'wall' like from your ear to your rear of your butt's back pocket.

ON TOP of that, some security and CCTV devices in public can disrupt with noise very badly or get one or both side of my headset to fail and go silent. It becomes so habitual I know when it will fail at different store at Paya Lebar Quarter.. My office is near there and I shop there often or walk to relax before I get on the MRT. And I know which store's entrance will fuck up my music. If you happen to be there, you use your headset and walk past or inside parts of the store like Popular Book Store, UNIGLO, parts of Challenger...etc. Your headset will go silent on one or both ears or you get weird sound. Does not matter if expensive or cheaper ones. Firmware update does not help much. It's a hardware filtering issue once it is past any s/w tweaking updates to clean out the signal

Edited by upshot

12 minutes ago, upshot said:

It used to be worst when people were using Bluetooth invading device to hack or have bluetooth with very aggressive detection and pairing modes which causes this problem. But with improvement over the years this got better. Some bluetooth headset are using such tiny components (to make them tiny to wear on your ears) the usual 20 to 30 feet does not count, your body can be the 'wall' like from your ear to your rear of your butt's back pocket.

ON TOP of that, some security and CCTV devices in public can disrupt with noise very badly or get one or both side of my headset to fail and go silent. It becomes so habitual I know when it will fail at different store at Paya Lebar Quarter.. My office is near there and I shop there often or walk to relax before I get on the MRT. And I know which store's entrance will fuck up my music. If you happen to be there, you use your headset and walk past or inside parts of the store like Popular Book Store, UNIGLO, parts of Challenger...etc. Your headset will go silent on one or both ears or you get weird sound. Does not matter if expensive or cheaper ones. Firmware update does not help much. It's a hardware filtering issue once it is past any s/w tweaking updates to clean out the signal

I'm using this, I quite like it. Have always been the fan of the underdog.
https://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-gold

1 hour ago, practease said:

For sound quality and audio reproduction, to each their own. heh

On 11/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, Rhyn said:

If you’re using Jays Four wireless, it’s not a True Wireless earbud. The main difference is that True Wireless earbud has to make much more complicated connections- it has to first establish a connection to your phone, then one side has to connect to the other side, and then maintain that connection. In contrast, Jays Four only needs to connect to one side because the Left and Right side is connected via a cable. In that sense, it is way less complicated and much more stable.

That being said, you can try Apple’s new Beats Flex, $75. Not True Wireless earbud but it’s way more value and it’s similar to Jays Four

Beats Flex – All-Day Wireless Earphones – Beats Black

https://store.apple.com/sg/xc/product/MYMC2PA/A

Ya hor..now that you mentioned it....i didn't really think it in that much detailed a sense before. True wireless is entirely cableless so its a much complicated connection....so.theres bound to have some or abit of occasional connectivity issues.....ur totally right...

Hahaha...my Jay Fours still in quite good working condition le...lol..prob i'll just wait and see what comes....

But thanks for your suggestions...

21 hours ago, upshot said:

Thats......quite sibei sianz lol...poor thing..

1 hour ago, juzabishanguy said:

Thats......quite sibei sianz lol...poor thing..

That is why if you really want audiophile sound quality you will not use Wireless as the frequency do not carry all the fidelity of the audio. But people like such and myself, I do that at home with wired headset and play 24bit CD, Flac or OGG audio formats for example

When outdoor I use wireless as it is convenient and I still use FLAC audio format not MP3. To still get as close to audiophile quality. But I bought a truly wireless headset that has the (best ranked thus far) fidelity for what's it worth in wireless or bluetooth tech. But if you are not able to hear them, its also not worth paying so much for them For me, it's worth it.

That is the pitfall of wireless even in 2020, there are a vast leap in audio reproduction but the tech used is still limited and prone to strong interference as it is shared by so many communication devices and usually in the 2.4ghz or even 5 ghz. It is over crowded especially in a small city like Singapore. That is why you see so many stores selling wired headset still. That is also why there are people who hate all those mobile phone with no input jack. Because if audio fidelity is what you craze, you will not compromise on wireless.

Edited by upshot

7 hours ago, upshot said:

That is why if you really want audiophile sound quality you will not use Wireless as the frequency do not carry all the fidelity of the audio. But people like such and myself, I do that at home with wired headset and play 24bit CD, Flac or OGG audio formats for example

When outdoor I use wireless as it is convenient and I still use FLAC audio format not MP3. To still get as close to audiophile quality. But I bought a truly wireless headset that has the (best ranked thus far) fidelity for what's it worth in wireless or bluetooth tech. But if you are not able to hear them, its also not worth paying so much for them For me, it's worth it.

That is the pitfall of wireless even in 2020, there are a vast leap in audio reproduction but the tech used is still limited and prone to strong interference as it is shared by so many communication devices and usually in the 2.4ghz or even 5 ghz. It is over crowded especially in a small city like Singapore. That is why you see so many stores selling wired headset still. That is also why there are people who hate all those mobile phone with no input jack. Because if audio fidelity is what you craze, you will not compromise on wireless.

High resolution audio player comes in ~ and high resolution wireless sound quality comes in :lol:

On 11/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, practease said:

Does this work well with Google Assistant?

I read from some reviews onl Google Pixels Bud works seamlessly with Assistant. The other brands often have problem syncing 

14 hours ago, Kimochi said:

High resolution audio player comes in ~ and high resolution wireless sound quality comes in :lol:

Depend on how the stream digital packet works. You can only move so much audio data thru to be unpacked at the headset end in real time to get the full spectrum of sound PLUS keeping the earbuds tiny. That tech is still not here at the general commercial level. But wired headset is almost there... still not as good as a home audiophile equipped room. But we are talking about audio at the 75% to 99% level.  A $100 headset wireless can still get you a good 40% of sound quality.. if you have the ears for good reproduction music.

I generally tell my friends if all you care about it having any kind of music playing thru your headset in general for sports or something to buzz your ear from the everyday world around you, that is fine. For people who are really into the music and sound quality to hear all the instruments and sound scape as engineered by the music producer.. it is taking it to another level of appreciation. We are paying big expensive money not for leaps and bounds in quality. You are just doing that to squeeze just that last 5% of quality. Like from 85% to get it to 90%, you likely spent another $10k or more for it.. heheh It's not for the faint of hearts .

My Headset at 500+ is great but I have heard Sennheiser or McIntosh wired headset costing $2-4k each and ya... what you get from that is nothing short of amazing. But seriously, how hard you want to burn your pockets hahah... 

Also note.. NOT ALL $100 sound the same. You have to chew thru a lot of sampling before you get one that you love the most. You do this by always playing your most favorite music. Why? Demo they let you have might not be always YOUR KIND OF MUSIC so it might not sound as good. Always bring your own favourite music to go try before you buy... even for entry level headset or earbuds.

https://www.ankersingapore.com/anker-soundcore-liberty-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones.html

I've been using Anker for 3 years. 

I paired it with Huawei Mate 20x, Lenovo Notebook, iPad Pro and tested with iPhone 11 - the sounds are good enough for me. 

I used it for Zoom meeting too. 

The earbuds last for 8 hours and the carrier/charger can charge up to 100 hours. 

I bought it at $124.

It has a warranty of 12 months. 

Service Centre at CityHub Lavender. 

Before the warranty expired, 1 had 1-2-1 exchange. 

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

Just to share further.

Please note that AUDIO's perceived 'sound quality' and what one defines as "sounds good to me" can be totally night and day with another person listening preference.

As a saying, its like "you have to fuck a lot of assholes to know what makes a good asshole and knowing your level of asshole expectation" heheheh

So please take whatever advice or comments here with a grain of salt including mine when it comes to recommendation. For example a person who plays musical instrument who listen to music reproduction and quality totally difference from someone who do not or someone who is tone-deaf (one who can not hum in tune to a music he is listening to correctly even with the music playing along)

FYI, even quality of bass has many subjective types (from realistic sounding to enhanced digitally thumping or out of control fake sounding or just bad speakers not reproducing it well)

Built-in in equalizer in your playback device to adjust bass, mids and highs would help in general but limited. I know guys who hate too much boomy bass and those who do. Cause them to change their hardware.

So, bring your favourite music to test the headset or earbuds. Some audio stores (especially pricey ones with big brands) are good at picking special sample tunes that work best to 'sell you' a specific headset but if that kind of music is not for you or part of your favourite genre, buying base on their demo songs reproduction is a waste of time. BTW, fussy folks like me, we own more than one kind of headphones for various kind of music or vocal books.

If you want a 'generic daily-driver' headset or earbud then, sound reproduction fidelity is not a priority. You just want audio to fill your ears but still can hear the world around you. Then less than $100 is even fine but more time testing before you buy. Balance your expectation with your wallet realistically.

Compatibility with your own mobile device or audio player means pairing a comparable headset or earbud to deliver sound to your ears musically pleasing is about a combination that will include increasing compromises as you spend less.

Pick out 20 same priced headsets and you very likely get 20 different quality of sound reproduction, hardware and built quality.

Unfortunately, many normal audio device or electronic item stores will not totally let you test. Especially lower end priced ones. So there is that bit of gambit. That's where reading reliable source reviews helps narrow your final choice to buy. If that sound like too much work or reading then you likely someone who would be fine with a generally good brand headset based on your lack of motivation. :P 

Yes audio IS a pretty personal thing. And if you listen everyday like I do, be it music, audio or video podcast or audiobooks, over time you will start to justify more pricey purchases of hardware. But it has to come with commitment, managed expectations and loosening of purse strings heheh. No use owning something awesome but yet totally under-use it nor understand it.

At this point in time, expect to endure the stuttering, interferences or audio drops once in a while in places. It's unavoidable and its not your fault or the product you buy to an extent.

I remember earlier days using Bluetooth headsets or devices in public. It was BAD. When I got on MRT trains or very crowded areas, I would stop using them. The amount of feedbacks, digital handshake and digital intrusion to probe/pair my devices was crazy. Ya I was guilty of it too back then as I was toying with hacking s/w using our notebook or phone app to see if we can hack people's devices heheh.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, TamPenis said:

https://www.ankersingapore.com/anker-soundcore-liberty-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones.html

I paired it with Huawei Mate 20x, Lenovo Notebook, iPad Pro and tested with iPhone 11 - the sounds are good enough for me. 

The earbuds last for 8 hours and the carrier/charger can charge up to 100 hours. 

I bought it at $124.

Oooohh...i'm using their charging lightning cable and mobile battery pack. Apparently Anker's Soundcore Liberty True Wireless 2  has some good reviews....

On 11/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, TamPenis said:

I bought it at $124.

hi! is Anker very strong in bass?

7 minutes ago, Guest Bassy said:

Thanks & noted.

Ask the sales person... I was informed of the various models’ quality. I’m not a bass person hence the reason why I chose mine. 

in fact the sound with IPhone 11 is richer than with Huawei Mate 20x.

Your have to try it yourself and decides if it is good to you.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.