Male HQ

Singaporean guys being unapproachable, cold, lacking manners as compared to other Asian guys

qsefthu78

Guest landlord

Exactly for this reason I don't rent out my rooms to Singaporeans. Foreign tenants make the environment warmer with their manners, which locals lack severely. It's a two way street.

8 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

Really, Singaporeans should all go out and let loose a little.  What I mean by going out, is to experience the openess of the mind, not go abroad and only take photos and spend money.

Stop taking yourself too seriously, be more relaxed, expressive with a good attitude.

Smile a little, express some proper and good manners (befitting of your education and upbringing). In saunas or in the society we live in.  

All those good attitude will make you become a victim to be swallowed alive by all those foreign trash out to steal your job in the job market place. Be careful who you trust. It is a world of piranhas out there. 

6 hours ago, Guest landlord said:

Exactly for this reason I don't rent out my rooms to Singaporeans. Foreign tenants make the environment warmer with their manners, which locals lack severely. It's a two way street.

Maybe your foreign tenants think that you are lacking in manners severely as well? 

Guest Derelict
8 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

Watched this interview with Sharon Aw.  Never really liked her, but really, I am awed as she seems to have changed after years abroad (or probably getting older, one somehow got wiser). She used to a plastic 'nice and correct' Sporean.

In the interview, she exudes a kind of relaxedness, spontaneity and confidence (in sharing her stories which may not all be good).  These are qualities that many Singaporeans (gay or str8, men or women) are all too guarded and afraid to let others know.  As a result, the stereotypical characteristics that nobody likes.

I'll put my apologies ahead of my reply because I'm not trying to offend you. 

Aw was on TV rsome time back, some house ads for the station looking like a pastry. She had on so much make up, gaudy clothes and she kept smiling that smug self satisfied smile. Sickening to watch. I've not seen the interview. Perhaps the interview may show a different side.

Singaporeans are guarded because if they say the wrongs things, others are very quick to pounce and ridicule. Rather kiasu but don't want to lose face.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, qsefthu78 said:

Was there 2 days ago on Friday night. Surprisingly, it was crowded. I haven't been to a sauna in Singapore for many years, and felt like a newbie, not sure what to expect or how to conform to the norms of behaviours there. The crowd, like what many had described, was very mixed and most guys (about 80%?) are largely what most would consider to be in the average-guy-on-the-street category. And like what I've read here too, this is where you'll find plus-sized guys, whom chasers would find appealing too. Age wise, again largely above thirties, with just a few younger guys in cliques whom I would consider twinkish looking. It's inevitable to judge - it's a sauna afterall and a meat market out there. Place wise, it's definitely clean and well managed, and the hot tub is surprisingly nice. 

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I do not feel the vibes there as I felt in overseas saunas like those in Taipei and Japan. Again, maybe there's something cold about the Singaprean gay culture - overheard 2 guys conversing in the hot tub about Singaporean guys being unapproachable, cold, lacking manners as compared to other Asian guys.

Anyway, I thought it was going to be an uneventful evening, till I met an acquaintance. 

Would I visit again? Most likely not.

I would love to join in the conversation with the guy with the star tattoos on his chest in the hot tub - he was smiling at me too, but I thought it would be rude to break into the conversation. Would have approached him, but he was constantly approached by his friends and left pretty soon after. 

singaporeans are brought up since young to obey, listen, do and never question. The education system is not progressive as korea, japan, thailand etc. Students just need to memorize and not in critical thinking. So when grow up, singaporeans just do not know how to talk amd just follow blindly, follow the crowd, and not think or talk.

It all boils down to the governments pursuit of gdp growth at all cost where singaporeans are machines.

You know who is to blame.

Guest strange
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

All those good attitude will make you become a victim to be swallowed alive by all those foreign trash out to steal your job in the job market place. Be careful who you trust. It is a world of piranhas out there. 

Hah, but something strange. The money I loan to foreigner, I always receive back, even if sometime a bit late but never missed to return all. But when I loan money to local, then I need to chase and chase for paying back, plenty dragging me 5 years, many ghosting, some even change hp no just to escape my call, had to find their address to turn up. When bump on them, they act blur. Now, never give any money to local. Too risky. Who the piranha?

Guest Derelict
18 hours ago, Guest strange said:

Hah, but something strange. The money I loan to foreigner, I always receive back, even if sometime a bit late but never missed to return all. But when I loan money to local, then I need to chase and chase for paying back, plenty dragging me 5 years, many ghosting, some even change hp no just to escape my call, had to find their address to turn up. When bump on them, they act blur. Now, never give any money to local. Too risky. Who the piranha?

I'm very averse to lending things to people because:

1) I never get them back.

2) The stuff comes back damaged. No aoplogies or offers to pay for them.

3) They lend my stuff to their friends or lovers, whom I don't even know.

4) Brand new stuff comes back looking used and abused.

People have no respect for other people's property. So call me selfish, say I don't like sharing. Well I paid for my stuff and reserve my rights whether to lend, give etc...

20 minutes ago, Guest Derelict said:

I'm very averse to lending things to people because:

1) I never get them back.

2) The stuff comes back damaged. No aoplogies or offers to pay for them.

3) They lend my stuff to their friends or lovers, whom I don't even know.

4) Brand new stuff comes back looking used and abused.

People have no respect for other people's property. So call me selfish, say I don't like sharing. Well I paid for my stuff and reserve my rights whether to lend, give etc...

Yes

Guest Derelict
1 hour ago, mate69 said:

Yes

Tell them you don't like what they did, they'll go:"small thing what. Why such a big fuss? Don't value our friendship is it?"  Er Ren Sian Kau Zhuang.

Then there was this fren, promised me certain amount for the job, then only pay half. I raised  our earlier agreement, he just act blur and said :"I value my working relationships."  I could have let it go but I just couldn't trust him anymore. 

All these people used to be my close friends. LOL.

49 minutes ago, Guest Derelict said:

Tell them you don't like what they did, they'll go:"small thing what. Why such a big fuss? Don't value our friendship is it?"  Er Ren Sian Kau Zhuang.

Then there was this fren, promised me certain amount for the job, then only pay half. I raised  our earlier agreement, he just act blur and said :"I value my working relationships."  I could have let it go but I just couldn't trust him anymore. 

All these people used to be my close friends. LOL.

He used you for his gain. Putting up a front to trick you into his company /working under him then doing this kind of shit thing to you. If have choice leave him. 

If you are hot, others will be hot too, especially their rods.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Is unfair to say all the locals guys are bad and not well mannered. Only a fraction that i know  they can hold a conversation. Those who are and well travel and see places with different culture interact with them is more a less open up their horizon. The looking at thing at bigger scale. You can see how they behave when they are in the bar or club those have little things they act like the world own them this is when you see all the gossip queen start to group. They will try to talk about brand what the latest things and finest things or food which they barely know it. The more they try the more they look like a boozer. They try to flash what they have the matter fact they just like empty barrel. Is best be humble be nice and respectful to yourself and others. Lets us hope 2021 will be a better year for us to be together without any worries.

19 minutes ago, fetish72 said:

Is unfair to say all the locals guys are bad and not well mannered. Only a fraction that i know  they can hold a conversation. Those who are and well travel and see places with different culture interact with them is more a less open up their horizon. The looking at thing at bigger scale. You can see how they behave when they are in the bar or club those have little things they act like the world own them this is when you see all the gossip queen start to group. They will try to talk about brand what the latest things and finest things or food which they barely know it. The more they try the more they look like a boozer. They try to flash what they have the matter fact they just like empty barrel. Is best be humble be nice and respectful to yourself and others. Lets us hope 2021 will be a better year for us to be together without any worries.

this is so true

esp in places like tantric etc

can't wait to go back there for drinks...

Edited by mate69

Guest Derelict
4 hours ago, Kimochi said:

He used you for his gain. Putting up a front to trick you into his company /working under him then doing this kind of shit thing to you. If have choice leave him. 

Was the first and last time freelance with him.

Cannot beleive  good friends do this sort of thing. 

Someone told me, you never know a person until you worked together or lived together. Was on a overseas trip with another fren from army. On the way back, I felt sick and told him. Landing at Changi, he just took his luggage and walked off.  No more holiday with him. Slowly no more frens also. Some people are so self centered.

1 minute ago, Guest Derelict said:

Was the first and last time freelance with him.

Cannot beleive  good friends do this sort of thing. 

Someone told me, you never know a person until you worked together or lived together. Was on a overseas trip with another fren from army. On the way back, I felt sick and told him. Landing at Changi, he just took his luggage and walked off.  No more holiday with him. Slowly no more frens also. Some people are so self centered.

So many father fuckers. Don't be like them. Ugly people who slave for money. 

Guest Derelict
12 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Of course not lah, what do you take me for? But sometimes I want to give them a taste of their own medicine.  

Got this school mate since JC. I thought we are quite good. Then I noticed she'll disappear when I'm unemployed and magically appear when I'm working. Definitely very good timing or she can smell money. Back in the school day, one of our mutual friends did say she's materialistic.

Makes me wonder why I even bothered to invest emotions into these friendships. 

Guest Derelict
10 hours ago, Kimochi said:

I suppose I should be more like you - the poster boy for honesty and integrity. 

I point of view is that those type of guys think they are good looking and have the best finest lifestyle. There for he think that most people not up to his standard. Those very good looking ones are very humble and polite. And the half past six or gone case beyond control ugly ones that really want to be seen, heard and know. End up they turn wanna be but cannot make it the more they push it they don't realize it gonna make them like a Joker.

4 hours ago, fetish72 said:

I point of view is that those type of guys think they are good looking and have the best finest lifestyle. There for he think that most people not up to his standard. Those very good looking ones are very humble and polite. And the half past six or gone case beyond control ugly ones that really want to be seen, heard and know. End up they turn wanna be but cannot make it the more they push it they don't realize it gonna make them like a Joker.

LMAO.... A true side of SG gays .

On 12/14/2020 at 1:35 AM, Guest Derelict said:

I suppose I should be more like you - the poster boy for honesty and integrity. 

Haha thanks for compliment! ~ we are all humans though . Hugs! ~:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes you see some Singaporeans who rather help out foreign workers during their free time than meet other locals. They are often jaded and it's quite a pain to interact with locals so they have a happier time mingling with non-locals. I have lived overseas and I do admit I get a better vibe when hanging out in social groups outside Singapore. In fact I think I learnt more about LGBT identity in groups outside Singapore than local Singapore groups who are just obsessed with worshipping people who they think are better than them. 

Even at the sauna, I have never been punched in saunas outside Singapore for touching someone who doesn't fancy you, but I'm appalled this happens in Singapore saunas.

I have met fellow Singaporeans outside of Singapore who are approachable, supportive and generous with their time. It was so much fun to bump into them - especially at Taipei Pride where we all felt relaxed and comfortable to express ourselves. Of course, compared to the more well built local muscleboys or bears, we drop the attitude and just drool at the competition. I was secretly pleased that the guy I fucked in the darkroom at Commander D told me he changed his mind about our country when I was the second Singaporean who used his ass that night. He now thinks Singaporeans are all hot and wild like us both!

13 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Sometimes you see some Singaporeans who rather help out foreign workers during their free time than meet other locals. They are often jaded and it's quite a pain to interact with locals so they have a happier time mingling with non-locals. I have lived overseas and I do admit I get a better vibe when hanging out in social groups outside Singapore. In fact I think I learnt more about LGBT identity in groups outside Singapore than local Singapore groups who are just obsessed with worshipping people who they think are better than them. 

Even at the sauna, I have never been punched in saunas outside Singapore for touching someone who doesn't fancy you, but I'm appalled this happens in Singapore saunas.

Do Singaporeans punch others in sauna? Thought locals are either polite, meek or soft. How you know he is not foreigner?

Guest Dichotomy
On 12/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, fetish72 said:

Good looking guys being humble is like rich being nice. Ugly being bitchy is like poor being arrogant. 相由心生 and overcompensation at work. Good vibes attract positive and beautiful people. Bad vibes attract negative and ugly people.

10 hours ago, TopChinese said:

I have met fellow Singaporeans outside of Singapore who are approachable, supportive and generous with their time. It was so much fun to bump into them - especially at Taipei Pride where we all felt relaxed and comfortable to express ourselves. Of course, compared to the more well built local muscleboys or bears, we drop the attitude and just drool at the competition. I was secretly pleased that the guy I fucked in the darkroom at Commander D told me he changed his mind about our country when I was the second Singaporean who used his ass that night. He now thinks Singaporeans are all hot and wild like us both!

Competition? Not 菜? Lol Singapore kiasu competitive streak showing even when overseas. Relax... 不用抢, 台湾很多美食的!

I think people need to be aware of their own bias or how the environment impacts the people. eg

- If you are overseas, naturally people might treat you differently because you are a tourist, and you will be more conscious of how you act.

- Expats tend to be self selective, in that usually those who are more open will re-locate. It's not common for a racist to volunteer for the country they hate.

- Language barrier, if one party don't speak the language natively, it's easy to misrepresent each other, or one of the party might be more accommodating due to the perceived bias .

- Ultimately, if you already hold a grudge against a certain group of people, you will subconsciously treat them differently, this in turn affects how other treat you.

• 11 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.