Pulse  Clinic

All USA Political Discussions (Compiled)

oralb

On 12/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, singalion said:

The problem is that you deny that the US president is not in charge of handling inflation.

It is the Fed.

Do you deny that the Federal Reserve is in charge of controlling and handling inflation?

Yes or no???

Second, Manchin did not just state potential impact (note the word potential) on inflation but two other reasons.

The report from the Hill gives a full details of Manchin's reservations:

Manchin says he will not vote for Build Back Better: 'This is a no'

By Alexander Bolton - 12/19/21

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced on "Fox News Sunday" that he will not vote for President Biden’s "mammoth" climate and social spending bill, essentially killing the White House's top legislative priority.

"I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. I just can't. I tried everything humanly possible. I can't get there," he told guest host Bret Baier. "This is a no on this legislation."

"I have tried everything I know to do," he added, closing the door on Democratic hopes that he might be persuaded to change his mind.

He said he had worked "diligently" on the bill, meeting with Biden, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other colleagues to find a way forward, but he added that he remains extremely concerned about inflation, the $29 trillion federal debt and a surge in new infections caused by the omicron variant of COVID-19.

"When you have these things coming at you the way they are right now — I’ve always said this, Bret. If I can’t go home to the people of West Virginia, I can’t vote for it," he said. 

Manchin said Biden knew that he had serious concerns about how the 2,000-plus-page bill was shaping up.

"He knows that I’ve had concerns and the problems I’ve had," he said. "The thing we should all be directing our attention toward is the variant of COVID we have coming back at us in so many different aspects and different ways. It’s affecting our lives again."

Manchin’s definitive statement opposing the bill comes as a surprise to fellow Senate Democrats who expected that talks between the West Virginia centrist and Biden would continue this week.

Biden in a statement last week said that Manchin had "reiterated his support" for spending $1.75 trillion on the Build Back Better bill, pledging that "we will advance this work together over the days and weeks ahead."

But Manchin distanced himself from that optimistic statement at the end of last week, telling reporters it was Biden’s and not his.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement early Sunday afternoon that Manchin's reversal was sudden — and that he went back on a framework that he presented to Biden just last week that the White House believed "could lead to a compromise acceptable to all."

"If his comments on FOX and written statement indicate an end to that effort, they represent a sudden and inexplicable reversal in his position, and a breach of his commitments to the President and the Senator’s colleagues in the House and Senate," Psaki said in a statement.

"Just as Senator Manchin reversed his position on Build Back Better this morning, we will continue to press him to see if he will reverse his position yet again, to honor his prior commitments and be true to his word," she said.

Senate Budget Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who on Friday told The Hill that he thought Manchin could be convinced to support the legislation, on Sunday said he wants to force his colleague to vote against it.

“We've been dealing with Mr. Manchin for month after month after month. But if he doesn't have the courage to do the right thing for the working families of West Virginia and America, let him vote no in front of the whole world,” he told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas), a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, slammed Manchin in a statement.

“Walking away from BBB [Build Back Better] is essentially ignoring the crises in front of us that demand action. It’s the height of irresponsibility and betrayal,” she said.  

Manchin said he had a major problem with Democratic colleagues setting early sunsets for popular items such as the enhanced child tax credit to keep the overall cost of the bill at around $2 trillion. He argued that would have masked the true impact of the bill on the deficit and debt.

"Everyone still has the aspirational things they want to do," he said. "They say, 'Can we still make this fit? We’ll just cut it down to two years versus 10 years. We’ll cut this one to four years versus 10 years or one year versus 10 years.'"

"That’s not being genuine as far as I’m concerned with my constituents in West Virginia," he said.

Manchin noted that a recent Congressional Budget Office (CBO) analysis of the bill requested by Senate Republicans showed that Build Back Better would cost more than $4.5 trillion over the next decade if all its provisions were renewed.

Manchin reiterated many of the points he made on Fox in a statement released shortly after his appearance.

“Despite my best efforts, I cannot explain the sweeping Build Back Better Act in West Virginia and I cannot vote to move forward on this mammoth piece of legislation,” he said.

Manchin, the chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, also said he has a major problem with the climate-related provisions in the bill intended to bolster renewable energy sources and phase out fossil fuels.

“If enacted, the bill will also risk the reliability of our electric grid and increase our dependence on foreign supply chains,” he said.

He argued that “the energy transition my colleagues seek is already well underway” and noted that Congress has already “invested billions of dollars into clean energy technologies.”

His statement also pointed to growing tension with China and Russia as another reason not to pass a huge social spending bill.  

“Our ability to quickly and effectively respond to these pending threats would be drastically hindered by our rising debt,” he said, referring to the aggressive posture taken by Russia toward Ukraine and China toward Taiwan and the South China Sea. 

Comment:

If you read the article you will see that most reservations that Manchin has is because the bill drafters have reduced the time span of the spending (which in his view is not appropriate at the moment).

Here you have an example of fair reporting and the type of sensationalisation made by Fox. And The Hill is already considered a more right leaning media.

Senator Joe Manchin is also worried that the Build Back Better spending will lead to even greater inflation. That is his view and it is well-founded. Thankfully, there is at least 1 Democrat politician who is sane enough to be rational and keep things affordable in US. 

On 12/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, singalion said:

Lastly, and this is the best point of all:

Your reasoning on Biden being responsible for the current inflation in the US has just collapsed through the fact that Manchin will not vote the Build Back Better bill.

Your reasoning just fell flat to the ground like you on your first ice skating try at JCube... 🤣

Because: How can something have caused inflation and Biden being blamed for not handling inflation, when exactly in fact that infrastructure bill never was voted in Congress...

That you would need to explain to all the BW readers here...

Just slogans and nothing than slogans are 7heaven 's posts...

You forget to mention that Biden had approved some Covid spending in Feb or March this year. 

Senator Manchin simply wants to do the responsible thing than Biden is not capable of which is not to incur more debt and worsen the inflation by stopping the Build Back Better bill. 

Guest Lachrymosed Yourself
On 12/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, singalion said:

Actually it is amazing how Trump has by all means trying to retain the presidency and was clinging on his position. Let's be honest, planning a coup West African style, call an election fraudulent by spreading lies and his ideas of how he can continue the job he displayed quite a huge dose of ambition. For what? Will there be worse to come? I mean more negative news or crimes revealed against Trump? At start I thought, he is scared because of the bank loans and the repayment term. Deutsche Bank, the Russians wouldn't ask him to pay back during his presidency, they would know there is no chance to sue for the money when he is US president. Is he out of money? Is he scared they will take him to jail because he knows that there were these tax cheats? What else? I don't think it can just be his narcissistic character to remain president, there must have been some other underlying more relevant factors?

I guess it is because he knows he did some things that can send his butt to prison for the rest of his days.

Caution is warranted, of course, but a potential indictment was never discussed by serious sources before.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:49 PM, 7heaven said:

Senator Joe Manchin is also worried that the Build Back Better spending will lead to even greater inflation. That is his view and it is well-founded. Thankfully, there is at least 1 Democrat politician who is sane enough to be rational and keep things affordable in US. 

Sorry once again you are misrepresenting the point so that it can fit your narrative.

Manchin judged the timing of the build back better plan as unsuitable due to the existing situation of higher than normal inflation.

He clearly made this point in his speech.

Manchin at no point ever reasoned or suggested that any plan would lead to higher inflation.

This is simply made up by you to paint a certain picture.

We are all able to read ok.

here is what Manchin said on inflation:

He said he had worked "diligently" on the bill, meeting with Biden, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other colleagues to find a way forward, but he added that he remains extremely concerned about inflation, the $29 trillion federal debt and a surge in new infections caused by the omicron variant of COVID-19. "He [Biden] knows that I’ve had concerns and the problems I’ve had," he said. "The thing we should all be directing our attention toward is the variant of COVID we have coming back at us in so many different aspects and different ways. It’s affecting our lives again."

He remains concerned about inflation. at no point he said that he fears that the bills will lead to bigger inflation.

Manchin is looking at the existing inflation and has concerns.

This goes consistent with his objections that some of the Democrats reduced the spending period from originally 10 years to shorter periods.

Manchin said he had a major problem with Democratic colleagues setting early sunsets for popular items such as the enhanced child tax credit to keep the overall cost of the bill at around $2 trillion. He argued that would have masked the true impact of the bill on the deficit and debt.

Please keep within the ambit of what certain US politicians say or communicate and refrain from your repeated misinterpretations.

Nobody here requires your misrepresenting interpretations and truth distortions.

Senator Manchin may think  he is doing the best to get re-elected in West Virginia (election is only in 2025). However in my view he just crushed his chances.

Probably a Republican may take over the seat in West Virginia in 2025, unless there is a more convincing Democrat Senator.

Manchin is opposing the  Clean Electricity Performance Program (CEPP) which is part of the Build Back Better bill that the House Budget Committee recently voted to pass. The bill incentivizes utilities to switch to clean energy—and penalizes those who don’t. 

Manchin is just not naming it, and jumping on the other reasons to reject the bill.

Manchin has to blame himself for the backlash that he will receive in the coming months.

What a wonder that 7heaven so far never discovered Manchin's hypocrisy...

To see objective journalism, the article was published already in September 2021

His reasons for not voting the Build Back Better are a pre-text of what is really behind his motives:

Joe Manchin, America’s climate decider-in-chief, is a coal baron

The pivotal Democratic senator owns millions of dollars in coal stocks. Shouldn’t he recuse himself from US climate talks?

Joe Manchin (left) poses with Labor Secretary Marty Walsh in August, during a tour of a coal mine in Dallas, West Virginia.
Joe Manchin (left) poses with Labor Secretary Marty Walsh in August, during a tour of a coal mine in Dallas, West Virginia. Photograph: AP
The Guardian, Thu 30 Sep 2021 11.00 BST

Joe Manchin has never been this famous. People around the world now know that the West Virginia Democrat is the essential 50th vote in the US Senate that president Joe Biden needs to pass his agenda into law. That includes Biden’s climate agenda. Which doesn’t bode well for defusing the climate emergency, given Manchin’s longstanding opposition to ambitious climate action.

It turns out that the Senator wielding this awesome power – America’s climate decider-in-chief, one might call him – has a massive climate conflict of interest. Joe Manchin, investigative journalism has revealed, is a modern-day coal baron.

Financial records detailed by reporter Alex Kotch for the Center for Media and Democracy and published in the Guardian show that Manchin makes roughly half a million dollars a year in dividends from millions of dollars of coal company stock he owns. The stock is held in Enersystems, Inc, a company Manchin started in 1988 and later gave to his son, Joseph, to run.

Coal has been the primary driver of global warming since coal began fueling the Industrial Revolution in Great Britain 250 years ago. Today, the science is clear: coal must be phased out, starting immediately and around the world, to keep the 1.5C target within reach.

Scientists estimate that 90% of today’s coal reserves must be left in the ground. No new coal-fired power plants should be built. Existing plants should quickly shift to solar and wind, augmented by reducing electricity demand with better energy efficiency in buildings and machinery (which also saves money and produces more jobs).

This is not a vision that gladdens a coal baron’s heart. The idea of eliminating fossil fuels is “very, very disturbing”, Manchin said in July when specifics of Biden’s climate agenda surfaced. Behind the scenes, Manchin reportedly has objected to Biden’s plan to penalize electric utilities that don’t quit coal as fast as science dictates.

The White House is not selling it this way, but the huge budget bill now under feverish negotiations on Capitol Hill is as much as anything a climate bill. The clean electricity performance program and other measures in this budget reconciliation bill are the core of Biden’s plan to slash US climate pollution in half by 2030, a reduction science says is necessary to limit global temperature rise to 1.5C and avoid cataclysmic climate change.

Apparently keen to delay a vote on the bill – but not on the bipartisan infrastructure bill containing billions in subsidies for climate harming programs like making hydrogen from methane – Manchin asked on CNN, “What is the urgency?” of passing the larger bill. Like ExxonMobil, the senator appears to have jettisoned outright climate denial in favor of its more presentable, but no less lethal, cousin: climate delay.

Soon Biden will join other world leaders at the Cop26 UN climate summit in Glasgow, described as a “now or never” moment for efforts to preserve a livable planet. Biden and his international climate envoy, John Kerry, have been leaning on other nations, especially China, to step up their commitments. But Biden can only press that case successfully in Glasgow if Congress passes the budget bill, and with its climate provisions intact.

That will depend in no small part on Manchin, who as the Democrats’ 50th vote in the Senate now holds what amounts to veto power over US climate policy.

It’s not illegal for Senator Manchin to own millions of dollars of coal stock – indeed, it illustrates the old saw that the real scandal in Washington is what’s legal – but it certainly raises questions about his impartiality on climate policy. Should any lawmaker with such a sizable financial conflict of interest wield decisive influence over what the US government does about a life-and-death issue like the climate emergency? Shouldn’t there be public discussion about whether that lawmaker should recuse himself from such deliberations?

In the realm of law, a judge who had anything like this level of financial conflict in a case would have to recuse and let a different judge handle the proceedings. The legal profession’s code of ethics dictates this approach not only because a judge’s financial interest would tempt them to rule in their own favor. It’s also because the two parties litigating the case and the broader public could not have faith that justice had been done by a judge with such a conflict.

Why shouldn’t a similar standard apply to the American public’s faith in government policy, especially when what’s at stake is, you know, the future of life on earth? Manchin could still vote for the budget bill; he just couldn’t touch its climate provisions.

Joe Manchin is surrounded by a gaggle of reporters whenever he steps outside his Senate office, and he frequently appears on the agenda-setting Sunday morning TV shows. With votes on the budget bill fast approaching and the Glasgow summit starting 31 October, it’s high time that journalists press America’s climate decider-in-chief about his glaring conflict of interest – and why he shouldn’t step aside from US climate deliberations.

The real reason Joe Manchin is sabotaging the US clean energy plan

Michelle Lewis

- Dec. 20th 2021 8:20 am PT

Coal investor US Senator Joe Manchin III (D-WV) opposes his own political party’s clean energy program. And since not a single Republican will support the infrastructure bill that contains the program, Manchin has disproportionate power to sink the US plan to decarbonize in order to slow global warming and meet the Paris Agreement target of net-zero by 2050. Why does he oppose it? The Charleston Gazette-Mail spelled it out yesterday.

December 20 update: Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced on Fox News Sunday yesterday that he will not vote for the Build Back Better Framework, which contains crucial climate change provisions, citing concerns for inflation and the deficit:

"This is a no on this legislation" — On Fox News Sunday, Manchin announces he won't vote for the Build Back Better bill. Game over. pic.twitter.com/p0rCu4kl7M

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) December 19, 2021

Manchin’s sudden public announcement has gone down very badly with everyone apart from Republicans. The White House issued a statement that debunked Manchin’s two excuses for not supporting the bill. On inflation:

Senator Manchin claims that this change of position is related to inflation, but the think tank he often cites on Build Back Better — the Penn Wharton Budget Institute — issued a report less than 48 hours ago that noted the Build Back Better Act will have virtually no impact on inflation in the short term, and, in the long run, the policies it includes will ease inflationary pressures. Many leading economists with whom Senator Manchin frequently consults also support Build Back Better.

And on the deficit:

Senator Manchin cited deficit concerns in his statement. But the plan is fully paid for, is the most fiscally responsible major bill that Congress has considered in years, and reduces the deficit in the long run. The Congressional Budget Office report that the Senator cites analyzed an unfunded extension of Build Back Better. That’s not what the President has proposed, not the bill the Senate would vote on, and not what the President would support. Senator Manchin knows that: The President has told him that repeatedly, including this week, face to face.

Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) stated on CNN that Manchin should ask the people of West Virginia what they want:

Sen. Joe Manchin should explain to the people of West Virginia why he doesn’t have the courage to stand up to special interests. pic.twitter.com/TDRhGKnQHL

— Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) December 20, 2021

According to today’s front-page story in West Virginia’s Charleston Gazette-Mail, headlined: “We need this so bad”: Build Back Better backers say bill would protect WV’s most vulnerable as Manchin Resists,” West Virginia citizen advocacy groups held many events last week urging quick passage of the legislation. The Gazette-Mail writes:

A September report by the independent economics consulting firm Analysis Group found a clean electricity payment program would result in an increase of 7.7 million jobs, a $907 billion economic boost and $154 billion more in increased tax revenue for federal, state and local governments by 2031.

Sanders also made the point about Manchin’s contradictory behavior about deficit concerns:

I also find it amusing that Sen. Manchin indicates his worry about the deficit after voting just this week for a military budget of $778 billion, four times greater than Build Back Better over 10 years and $25 billion more than the president requested.

Electrek’s Take: Manchin’s comments on Fox News contradict everything he’s said to the White House and to his own Democratic Party colleagues. At the very least, it’s bad politics to broadside your own party, and at most, he is putting the entire world’s efforts to fight the climate crisis in peril for his own selfish reasons.

Manchin brings to mind Gavrilo Princip, the Bosnian Serb student who ignited World War I by assassinating Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. One man’s actions created a devastating war that still resonates more than a hundred years later.

And Manchin, in one Fox News interview, unless he reverses course yet again, could damn future generations to lifetimes of environmental misery. Shame on him.

Manchin’s “official” reason

The $150 billion clean electricity program is a carrot and stick approach. It would reward utilities that switched from burning fossil fuels to clean energy, and penalize those that don’t.

Sam Runyon, Manchin’s spokesperson, wrote in an email to the New York Times:

Senator Manchin has clearly expressed his concerns about using taxpayer dollars to pay private companies to do things they’re already doing. He continues to support efforts to combat climate change while protecting American energy independence and ensuring our energy reliability.

Manchin’s reason via his spokesperson is nonsensical. Most US utilities are doing very little when it comes to transitioning to clean energy. They need both the carrot and stick. In January, Electrek reported:

Sierra Club analysts examined plans for 79 operating companies owned by 50 parent companies and assigned a score to every utility based on its plans to retire coal, stop constructing new gas plants, and aggressively build out new clean energy by 2030.

Sierra Club then provides a map of the US so you can see who’s succeeding and failing, and a search function to look up your utility.

Spoiler! There are a lot more D and F grades than A or B grades.

Manchin’s real reason

So what in the heck is going on with Manchin? Is he worried, as his fellow West Virginia Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) said, that the program is “designed to ultimately eliminate coal and natural gas from our electricity mix, and would be absolutely devastating for my state”?

Not quite.

Yes, the program is designed to eliminate coal and natural gas. But I really don’t think it’s because Manchin is mainly worried about job elimination. As I wrote in April:

I watched Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Cecil Roberts, president of US coal’s largest union, the United Mine Workers of America, discuss a possible transition from coal to renewables in Appalachia with the National Press Club yesterday. (You can watch the full discussion here.) It was an important and intriguing conversation. Coal workers are rightly concerned about future work and training as their industry declines, but I didn’t hear about any concrete road maps out of coal from Manchin.

Surely Manchin, of all people – the chair of the US Energy and Natural Resources Committee – should be able to speak definitively and comprehensively about renewable adoption and job creation, rather than vaguely repeating himself about the possibilities of carbon capture and sequestration. Even Roberts called for federal support for wind turbines and solar panels to be manufactured in Appalachia, and spells out a plan in the union’s new report (although it still leans heavily on coal).

And everyone knows – even Roberts – that coal is gasping its last hacking breath. Even Roberts is willing to transition to clean energy jobs! West Virginia voters support many provisions in the Build Back Better plan, including clean energy.

The real reason why Manchin won’t back clean energy?

Greed.

Manchin gets a lot of money from fossil fuel companies that aren’t even in West Virginia. They own him.

The Charleston Gazette-Mail sums it up:

Employees and political action committees for out-of-state oil and gas companies — most of which are based in Texas — dwarfed contributions from in-state [West Virginia] individuals and political action committees by more than tenfold, according to the senator’s newly filed quarterly campaign finance report.

You can read the full list of examples reported by energy and environment reporter Mike Tony of the Gazette-Mail, but here are a couple of standout examples:

Manchin for West Virginia, the senator’s campaign committee, reported drawing just under $1.6 million in contributions in the quarter, leaving it with $5.38 million in cash on hand.

More than a quarter of that roughly $1.6 million came from the oil and gas industry. Just over $30,000 came from individuals and political action committees in West Virginia.

Manchin has made $4.35 million since 2012 from stock he owns in Enersystems Inc., the Fairmont-based coal brokerage he founded in 1988, according to his U.S. Senate financial disclosures. He has denied that his vested coal interests have influenced his policymaking that affects the coal industry. But he has declined to divest his holdings, saying his ownership is held in a blind trust and, therefore, avoids a conflict of interest.

So, that’s $400,000 coming from fossil fuels in just one quarter. And guess who the top recipient is overall of oil and gas, mining, and coal money, not just in the Senate, but in all of Congress? Manchin. (He’s No. 2 for utilities.)

Electrek’s Take

I am mad as hell about this, and more than just a little bit scared. I don’t want to be dramatic, but it’s not good.

Let’s drill it down a bit (no pun intended): We are in the midst of a global climate emergency. China may be the No. 1 polluter overall, but the US is No. 2, and each person in America emits twice as much carbon as each person in China. Plus, the US has emitted more carbon than any other country – so this is the US’s problem to solve.

When Biden was elected, he immediately signed an executive order to have the US rejoin the Paris Agreement. He has stressed the importance of decarbonizing and has a plan. He vowed that the US will cut its emissions to 50% of 2005 levels by 2030.

Hope sprung from those declarations for those of us who know that the future of humanity is hanging in the balance. The infrastructure bill has me holding my breath. It’s hard for me to even look at the negotiation process.

The Biden clean energy program is fundamental to that plan. The whole world, not just the US, needs it. We can wait no longer.

And just weeks before the do-or-die COP26 summit in Glasgow, that plan is about to be derailed by one man.

One man’s greed is going to hurt the world’s entire population of 7.75 billion people. That’s not hyperbole: The respected medical journal the Lancet says “climate change is the greatest global health threat facing the world in the 21st century.”

When now even the Coal Miners Union oppose Manchin,...

December 21, 20215:48 AM +08

Commodities

U.S. coal miners' union asks Manchin to 'revisit' opposition to spending bill

WASHINGTON, Dec 20 (Reuters) - The main union representing U.S. coal miners urged West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin to reconsider his opposition to the Biden administration's $1.75 trillion climate and social spending bill to preserve measures that would have benefited its members.

United Mine Workers of America International President Cecil Roberts, a long-time ally of Manchin's, said the sweeping bill contained important measures like an extension of funding to aid victims of black lung disease, tax incentives to urge manufacturers to build new factories and employ ex-miners, and protect union workers.

“For those and other reasons, we are disappointed that the bill will not pass. We urge Senator Manchin to revisit his opposition to this legislation and work with his colleagues to pass something that will help keep coal miners working, and have a meaningful impact on our members, their families and their communities," Roberts said on Monday.

Biden and party leaders negotiated with Manchin for months to satisfy his concerns over key elements of the Build Back Better legislation, but the West Virginia senator surprised his fellow Democrats on Sunday saying that he could not support the proposal.

The Build Back Better plan aims to expand the social safety net and invest nearly $600 billion to tackle climate change through a variety of subsidies including for renewable power and electric vehicles. Many Democrats have said the bill is essential to the party's chances in the Nov. 8, 2022, mid-term elections and efforts to combat climate change.

Manchin won re-election in 2018 as a Democrat in a deeply conservative state that twice voted for Donald Trump.

The senator has objected to elements of the bill intended to fight climate change, which are opposed by the coal and natural gas industries that are economic drivers in his home state.

Manchin founded the private coal brokerage Enersystems in 1988 and still owns a big stake in the company, which his son currently runs.

Manchin has been bribed by Republican fossil fuel donors to block any legislation aimed at speeding up America's transition to renewable energy sources. He is more of a Republican than a Democrat, but never changed parties like the rest of the Dixiecrats he idolizes because he hates Trumpism, and knows he could never win a primary in his state as a Republican after twice voting to impeach Trump.

Remember when a bunch of posters in this thread were attacking AOC and the rest of the Squad for voting against the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill (BIB)? They did that because they knew Manchin would stick this knife in Biden's back. The Squad wanted to vote on the BIB and Build Back Better (BBB) at the same time to prevent Manchin executing his, in Teen Titans terminology, Judas Contract.

I think Democratic activist groups need to launch a national ad campaign with the goal of promoting all the good aspects of BBB that will help the American people. Senator Schumer then needs to order a Senate vote on BBB and dare the two party traitors, Manchin and Sinema, to vote against it. And, after it fails, Democrats running for Senate next year should campaign on being the 51st vote.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:48 PM, singalion said:

Sorry once again you are misrepresenting the point so that it can fit your narrative.

Manchin judged the timing of the build back better plan as unsuitable due to the existing situation of higher than normal inflation.

He clearly made this point in his speech.

Manchin at no point ever reasoned or suggested that any plan would lead to higher inflation.

This is simply made up by you to paint a certain picture.

We are all able to read ok.

here is what Manchin said on inflation:

He said he had worked "diligently" on the bill, meeting with Biden, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other colleagues to find a way forward, but he added that he remains extremely concerned about inflation, the $29 trillion federal debt and a surge in new infections caused by the omicron variant of COVID-19. "He [Biden] knows that I’ve had concerns and the problems I’ve had," he said. "The thing we should all be directing our attention toward is the variant of COVID we have coming back at us in so many different aspects and different ways. It’s affecting our lives again."

He remains concerned about inflation. at no point he said that he fears that the bills will lead to bigger inflation.

Manchin is looking at the existing inflation and has concerns.

This goes consistent with his objections that some of the Democrats reduced the spending period from originally 10 years to shorter periods.

Please keep within the ambit of what certain US politicians say or communicate and refrain from your repeated misinterpretations.

Nobody here requires your misrepresenting interpretations and truth distortions.

It is ironic that you are misinterpreting what Democrat Senator Manchin said about the impact of Biden’s massive spending of Build Back Better have on inflation, which is already at its highest in nearly 40years. 

Manchin did specifically mention about persistent inflation as one of the reasons for opposing Biden’s Build Back Better bill. 

Pls keep with the truth and not pander your own misinterpretation of what Manchin said. 

———————

WASHINGTON  — Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin said Sunday he cannot back his party’s signature $2 trillion social and environment bill, dealing a potentially fatal blow to President Joe Biden’s leading domestic initiative heading into an election year when Democrats’ narrow hold on Congress was already in peril.

Manchin told “Fox News Sunday” that he always has made clear he had reservations about the legislation and that now, after five-and-half months of discussions and negotiations, “I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation.”

The West Virginia senator cited a multitude of factors weighing on the economy and the potential harm he saw from pushing through the “mammoth” bill, such as persistent inflation, a growing debt and the latest threat from the omicron variant.

“When you have these things coming at you the way they are right now, I’ve always said this ... if I can’t go home and explain it to the people of West Virginia, I can’t vote for it,” he said.

“I tried everything humanly possible. I can’t do it,” he said. “This is a no on this legislation. I have tried everything I know to do.”

Though Manchin has been Democrats’ main obstacle all year to pushing the massive package through the narrowly divided Congress, his declaration of opposition was a stunning repudiation of Biden’s and his party’s top goal. A rejection of the legislation had been seen by many as unthinkable because of the political damage it could inflict on Democrats.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/12/19/sen--joe-manchin-says-no-to--2t-build-back-better-bill---i-can-t-vote-for-it-

On 12/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, singalion said:

The real reason Joe Manchin is sabotaging the US clean energy plan

Michelle Lewis

- Dec. 20th 2021 8:20 am PT

Coal investor US Senator Joe Manchin III (D-WV) opposes his own political party’s clean energy program. And since not a single Republican will support the infrastructure bill that contains the program, Manchin has disproportionate power to sink the US plan to decarbonize in order to slow global warming and meet the Paris Agreement target of net-zero by 2050. Why does he oppose it? The Charleston Gazette-Mail spelled it out yesterday.

December 20 update: Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced on Fox News Sunday yesterday that he will not vote for the Build Back Better Framework, which contains crucial climate change provisions, citing concerns for inflation and the deficit:

"This is a no on this legislation" — On Fox News Sunday, Manchin announces he won't vote for the Build Back Better bill. Game over. pic.twitter.com/p0rCu4kl7M

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) December 19, 2021

Manchin’s sudden public announcement has gone down very badly with everyone apart from Republicans. The White House issued a statement that debunked Manchin’s two excuses for not supporting the bill. On inflation:

Senator Manchin claims that this change of position is related to inflation, but the think tank he often cites on Build Back Better — the Penn Wharton Budget Institute — issued a report less than 48 hours ago that noted the Build Back Better Act will have virtually no impact on inflation in the short term, and, in the long run, the policies it includes will ease inflationary pressures. Many leading economists with whom Senator Manchin frequently consults also support Build Back Better.

And on the deficit:

Senator Manchin cited deficit concerns in his statement. But the plan is fully paid for, is the most fiscally responsible major bill that Congress has considered in years, and reduces the deficit in the long run. The Congressional Budget Office report that the Senator cites analyzed an unfunded extension of Build Back Better. That’s not what the President has proposed, not the bill the Senate would vote on, and not what the President would support. Senator Manchin knows that: The President has told him that repeatedly, including this week, face to face.

Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) stated on CNN that Manchin should ask the people of West Virginia what they want:

Sen. Joe Manchin should explain to the people of West Virginia why he doesn’t have the courage to stand up to special interests. pic.twitter.com/TDRhGKnQHL

— Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) December 20, 2021

According to today’s front-page story in West Virginia’s Charleston Gazette-Mail, headlined: “We need this so bad”: Build Back Better backers say bill would protect WV’s most vulnerable as Manchin Resists,” West Virginia citizen advocacy groups held many events last week urging quick passage of the legislation. The Gazette-Mail writes:

A September report by the independent economics consulting firm Analysis Group found a clean electricity payment program would result in an increase of 7.7 million jobs, a $907 billion economic boost and $154 billion more in increased tax revenue for federal, state and local governments by 2031.

Sanders also made the point about Manchin’s contradictory behavior about deficit concerns:

I also find it amusing that Sen. Manchin indicates his worry about the deficit after voting just this week for a military budget of $778 billion, four times greater than Build Back Better over 10 years and $25 billion more than the president requested.

Electrek’s Take: Manchin’s comments on Fox News contradict everything he’s said to the White House and to his own Democratic Party colleagues. At the very least, it’s bad politics to broadside your own party, and at most, he is putting the entire world’s efforts to fight the climate crisis in peril for his own selfish reasons.

Manchin brings to mind Gavrilo Princip, the Bosnian Serb student who ignited World War I by assassinating Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. One man’s actions created a devastating war that still resonates more than a hundred years later.

And Manchin, in one Fox News interview, unless he reverses course yet again, could damn future generations to lifetimes of environmental misery. Shame on him.

Manchin’s “official” reason

The $150 billion clean electricity program is a carrot and stick approach. It would reward utilities that switched from burning fossil fuels to clean energy, and penalize those that don’t.

Sam Runyon, Manchin’s spokesperson, wrote in an email to the New York Times:

Senator Manchin has clearly expressed his concerns about using taxpayer dollars to pay private companies to do things they’re already doing. He continues to support efforts to combat climate change while protecting American energy independence and ensuring our energy reliability.

Manchin’s reason via his spokesperson is nonsensical. Most US utilities are doing very little when it comes to transitioning to clean energy. They need both the carrot and stick. In January, Electrek reported:

Sierra Club analysts examined plans for 79 operating companies owned by 50 parent companies and assigned a score to every utility based on its plans to retire coal, stop constructing new gas plants, and aggressively build out new clean energy by 2030.

Sierra Club then provides a map of the US so you can see who’s succeeding and failing, and a search function to look up your utility.

Spoiler! There are a lot more D and F grades than A or B grades.

Manchin’s real reason

So what in the heck is going on with Manchin? Is he worried, as his fellow West Virginia Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) said, that the program is “designed to ultimately eliminate coal and natural gas from our electricity mix, and would be absolutely devastating for my state”?

Not quite.

Yes, the program is designed to eliminate coal and natural gas. But I really don’t think it’s because Manchin is mainly worried about job elimination. As I wrote in April:

I watched Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Cecil Roberts, president of US coal’s largest union, the United Mine Workers of America, discuss a possible transition from coal to renewables in Appalachia with the National Press Club yesterday. (You can watch the full discussion here.) It was an important and intriguing conversation. Coal workers are rightly concerned about future work and training as their industry declines, but I didn’t hear about any concrete road maps out of coal from Manchin.

Surely Manchin, of all people – the chair of the US Energy and Natural Resources Committee – should be able to speak definitively and comprehensively about renewable adoption and job creation, rather than vaguely repeating himself about the possibilities of carbon capture and sequestration. Even Roberts called for federal support for wind turbines and solar panels to be manufactured in Appalachia, and spells out a plan in the union’s new report (although it still leans heavily on coal).

And everyone knows – even Roberts – that coal is gasping its last hacking breath. Even Roberts is willing to transition to clean energy jobs! West Virginia voters support many provisions in the Build Back Better plan, including clean energy.

The real reason why Manchin won’t back clean energy?

Greed.

Manchin gets a lot of money from fossil fuel companies that aren’t even in West Virginia. They own him.

The Charleston Gazette-Mail sums it up:

Employees and political action committees for out-of-state oil and gas companies — most of which are based in Texas — dwarfed contributions from in-state [West Virginia] individuals and political action committees by more than tenfold, according to the senator’s newly filed quarterly campaign finance report.

You can read the full list of examples reported by energy and environment reporter Mike Tony of the Gazette-Mail, but here are a couple of standout examples:

Manchin for West Virginia, the senator’s campaign committee, reported drawing just under $1.6 million in contributions in the quarter, leaving it with $5.38 million in cash on hand.

More than a quarter of that roughly $1.6 million came from the oil and gas industry. Just over $30,000 came from individuals and political action committees in West Virginia.

Manchin has made $4.35 million since 2012 from stock he owns in Enersystems Inc., the Fairmont-based coal brokerage he founded in 1988, according to his U.S. Senate financial disclosures. He has denied that his vested coal interests have influenced his policymaking that affects the coal industry. But he has declined to divest his holdings, saying his ownership is held in a blind trust and, therefore, avoids a conflict of interest.

So, that’s $400,000 coming from fossil fuels in just one quarter. And guess who the top recipient is overall of oil and gas, mining, and coal money, not just in the Senate, but in all of Congress? Manchin. (He’s No. 2 for utilities.)

Electrek’s Take

I am mad as hell about this, and more than just a little bit scared. I don’t want to be dramatic, but it’s not good.

Let’s drill it down a bit (no pun intended): We are in the midst of a global climate emergency. China may be the No. 1 polluter overall, but the US is No. 2, and each person in America emits twice as much carbon as each person in China. Plus, the US has emitted more carbon than any other country – so this is the US’s problem to solve.

When Biden was elected, he immediately signed an executive order to have the US rejoin the Paris Agreement. He has stressed the importance of decarbonizing and has a plan. He vowed that the US will cut its emissions to 50% of 2005 levels by 2030.

Hope sprung from those declarations for those of us who know that the future of humanity is hanging in the balance. The infrastructure bill has me holding my breath. It’s hard for me to even look at the negotiation process.

The Biden clean energy program is fundamental to that plan. The whole world, not just the US, needs it. We can wait no longer.

And just weeks before the do-or-die COP26 summit in Glasgow, that plan is about to be derailed by one man.

One man’s greed is going to hurt the world’s entire population of 7.75 billion people. That’s not hyperbole: The respected medical journal the Lancet says “climate change is the greatest global health threat facing the world in the 21st century.”

Lol. This article is by Electrek. Electrek is dedicated to promoting electric transportation and there are lots of money in Build Back Better bill to support electric transportation. If Build Back Better bill is not passed, the cause of Electrek will be badly hampered.  

Therefore, it is expected and unsurprising for Electrek to write a hit piece to discredit Senator Manchin who is the one standing in the way of Build Back Better bill. This article is so obviously self-serving.

The female ex-cop Kim Potter who shot and killed 20 y.o. Daunte Wright during a simple traffic stop

was found guilty of both manslaughter charges.

She claimed she confused her pistol for her teaser, and she did not intentionally killed the boy.  This is believable, and this is the reason the charges were manslaughter and not murder.  She shed oh so many tears and did such an acting of regret! Sincere or not, we don't know,  but it didn't seem to have helped her.

Maybe the sentence will be lenient, but at least she has been CONVICTED.  Police officers should not be people so soft that fall apart like she did.  Justice seems to have been done so far.   The boy is DEAD, while she has only received a conviction that hopefully lands her in jail for some time.  After that, she may have still a long life to enjoy... while the boy is dead.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kim-potter-manslaughter-verdict-daunte-wright_n_61c0e0cde4b04b42ab634cb4

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/24/2021 at 2:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

The female ex-cop Kim Potter who shot and killed 20 y.o. Daunte Wright during a simple traffic stop

was found guilty of both manslaughter charges.

She claimed she confused her pistol for her teaser, and she did not intentionally killed the boy.  This is believable, and this is the reason the charges were manslaughter and not murder.  She shed oh so many tears and did such an acting of regret! Sincere or not, we don't know,  but it didn't seem to have helped her.

Strange that her mug shots after being convicted have her smiling! Actually smiling! How many times have we ever seen mug shots of those convicted of a crime with the convict doing anything other than virtually scowling.

Not sure when that police force introduced tasers, but she had been trained in their use and the taser is strapped to the other side of the hips from the gun. She pulled out her gun. For six seconds she did not even look at the weapon in her hand. A taser is a very different shape and colour from a gun. She fired. She killed a 20 year old father. 

The police had valid legal reasons for stopping the car including an out of date car registration. They had reason to be concerned about a possible firearm in the car. After checking they discovered that Daunte Wright had previously been arrested for illegal possession of a firearm. When asked, he voluntarily stepped out of the car. Inexplicably, he was still able to get out of the police clutches and back into his car. He was then killed. The jury came to the correct verdict in my opinion.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:44 PM, InBangkok said:

Strange that her mug shots after being convicted have her smiling! Actually smiling! How many times have we ever seen mug shots of those convicted of a crime with the convict doing anything other than virtually scowling.

Not sure when that police force introduced tasers, but she had been trained in their use and the taser is strapped to the other side of the hips from the gun. She pulled out her gun. For six seconds she did not even look at the weapon in her hand. A taser is a very different shape and colour from a gun. She fired. She killed a 20 year old father. 

The police had valid legal reasons for stopping the car including an out of date car registration. They had reason to be concerned about a possible firearm in the car. After checking they discovered that Daunte Wright had previously been arrested for illegal possession of a firearm. When asked, he voluntarily stepped out of the car. Inexplicably, he was still able to get out of the police clutches and back into his car. He was then killed. The jury came to the correct verdict in my opinion.

And police should not teaser a person inside a car at the controls.  Who knows what his reaction to the teaser could be?  A car can be a deadly weapon.   And it was not so important to subdue him right away.  Had he got away, he could have been arrested later, and safely.  Yes, it is very strange the way she smiled after the verdict was read. 

On 12/24/2021 at 12:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

And police should not teaser a person inside a car at the controls.  Who knows what his reaction to the teaser could be?  A car can be a deadly weapon.   And it was not so important to subdue him right away.  Had he got away, he could have been arrested later, and safely.  Yes, it is very strange the way she smiled after the verdict was read. 

Daunte Wright should comply with police instructions and there will be no need to subdue or use taser on him. He did not need to try to escape custody and the police will not need to re-arrest him. Valuable police resources need not be wasted trying to re-arrest him had he just obeyed  police instructions. 

Next, had he gotten away, we wonder what other crimes he could have committed? Darrell E Brooks the alleged perpetrator who drove his car into the Wakeusha Christmas Parade killing 6 innocent people including a 8-year old child was released on a paltry $1,000 bail for running over his ex-girlfriend only 2 days before the Wakeusha killing. It is very strange the district attorney allowed such paltry bail amount for someone like Darrell E Brooks with a long criminal history. 

Guest Lachrymosed Yourself
On 12/21/2021 at 6:05 AM, 7heaven said:

Lol. This article is by Electrek. Electrek is dedicated to promoting electric transportation and there are lots of money in Build Back Better bill to support electric transportation. If Build Back Better bill is not passed, the cause of Electrek will be badly hampered. Therefore, it is expected and unsurprising for Electrek to write a hit piece to discredit Senator Manchin who is the one standing in the way of Build Back Better bill. This article is so obviously self-serving.

You seem to be having trouble understanding this simple scientific fact, but humans and most other lifeforms as we currently know them will not be able to survive if the pace of Climate Change isn't slowed down in the very near future, and Earth's environment keeps accelerating on a trajectory to rapidly imitate the conditions of our homeworld's nearest interplanetary neighbor Venus.

To make it even simpler ... wind energy, solar power, and electric cars are GOOD ... petroleum, oil, gas, diesel, and coal are BAD. In other words, Electrek and all other companies trying to help humanity transition into a better future are doing a whole lot more GOOD than selfish coal baron Joe Manchin, whose few examples of decency are outweighed by a long career filled with BAD.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, Guest Lachrymosed Yourself said:

You seem to be having trouble understanding this simple scientific fact, but humans and most other lifeforms as we currently know them will not be able to survive if the pace of Climate Change isn't slowed down in the very near future, and Earth's environment keeps accelerating on a trajectory to rapidly imitate the conditions of our homeworld's nearest interplanetary neighbor Venus.

To make it even simpler ... wind energy, solar power, and electric cars are GOOD ... petroleum, oil, gas, diesel, and coal are BAD. In other words, Electrek and all other companies trying to help humanity transition into a better future are doing a whole lot more GOOD than selfish coal baron Joe Manchin, whose few examples of decency are outweighed by a long career filled with BAD.

You seem to have trouble understanding why spending more tax-payers money and incurring massive debts for future generations in light of nearly 40year high record inflation in US will further accelerate inflation. Who will be interested in Climate Change when they cannot even afford basic necessities? 

Did Electrek who champions electric transportation come out to criticise Biden when Biden released 50 million barrels of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve last month? Did Electrek come out to criticise Biden when Biden did not oppose the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline? Did Electrek call out John Kerry the Climate Envoy under Biden who flies his own private jet? What happened to wanting to help humanity transit into a better future in these 3 instances?

On 12/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, Guest Salmon Swirl Quit His Girl said:

FHF8vMaXEAAkfHU?format=jpg

Christmas is a little bit skimpy for many due to the leftist policies of Sleepy Joe.

Looking at the backlog of cargo and inflation spike due to the huge ordering of goods by the Americans, most families will need to extend their houses to place all the Xmas gifts. 

Only those poor fellows who need to pay 1000 US$ for their insulin because of Manchin's (and 50 Republican Senators) refusal to vote the Build Back Better bill will suffer small gifts. 

Guest D.A. high inflation is a result of high demand instead of low demand, therefore your claim is false. 

Take the festive season as opportunity to study some macroeconomics..  

Thanks. then we don't need to laugh about your lack of economic knowledge.. 

Edited by singalion

On 12/24/2021 at 11:01 AM, Steve5380 said:

And police should not teaser a person inside a car at the controls.

That is three times you have used the word teaser. As a poster who regularly likes to correct other posters when their use of English is not entirely accurate, you should know that a teaser is either a short promotional advertisement or a person who makes fun of or provokes others in a playful or often unkind way. The weapon used by that former police officer was a taser which is the noun and the brand is named Tazer. The verb is to tase.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, InBangkok said:

That is three times you have used the word teaser. As a poster who regularly likes to correct other posters when their use of English is not entirely accurate, you should know that a teaser is either a short promotional advertisement or a person who makes fun of or provokes others in a playful or often unkind way. The weapon used by that former police officer was a taser which is the noun and the brand is named Tazer. The verb is to tase.

I stand corrected.  

The word "taser" is hardly ever part of my vocabulary.  But you show that when you post to apparently tease, your intention is to taser. 😝

On 12/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, 7heaven said:

Daunte Wright should comply with police instructions and there will be no need to subdue or use taser on him. He did not need to try to escape custody and the police will not need to re-arrest him. Valuable police resources need not be wasted trying to re-arrest him had he just obeyed  police instructions. 

Next, had he gotten away, we wonder what other crimes he could have committed? Darrell E Brooks the alleged perpetrator who drove his car into the Wakeusha Christmas Parade killing 6 innocent people including a 8-year old child was released on a paltry $1,000 bail for running over his ex-girlfriend only 2 days before the Wakeusha killing. It is very strange the district attorney allowed such paltry bail amount for someone like Darrell E Brooks with a long criminal history. 

Police is not supposed to use deadly force if a person passively resists arrest, like moving away from them.  Lately, police have been prosecuted for shooting in the back people running away.

Dante Wright, even having committed some minor offences, did not deserve to be shot dead point blank by a stupid police woman who can only cry crocodile tears to defend herself.   Hopefully she gets sentenced to some good time in jail to protect society from her, and this period in jail will convince her to never touch a firearm again in her life.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, Steve5380 said:

Police is not supposed to use deadly force if a person passively resists arrest, like moving away from them.  Lately, police have been prosecuted for shooting in the back people running away.

Dante Wright, even having committed some minor offences, did not deserve to be shot dead point blank by a stupid police woman who can only cry crocodile tears to defend herself.   Hopefully she gets sentenced to some good time in jail to protect society from her, and this period in jail will convince her to never touch a firearm again in her life.

The police officer in this case mistook a gun for a taser. Arrested people should not have resisted arrest; plain and simple. Lately, police have been ambushed by stupid people and shot and killed. 

Stupid people who attempt resisting arrest should learn from this unfortunate lesson not to resist arrest and comply with police instructions. 

On 12/24/2021 at 10:42 AM, 7heaven said:

The police officer in this case mistook a gun for a taser. Arrested people should not have resisted arrest; plain and simple. Lately, police have been ambushed by stupid people and shot and killed. 

Stupid people who attempt resisting arrest should learn from this unfortunate lesson not to resist arrest and comply with police instructions. 

I agree.  People who resist arrest should learn from these episodes not to resist and instead comply with police mandates.

And stupid, incompetent, malevolent police officers should learn from their criminal prosecutions not to shoot to kill or restrain unconcerned.  George Floyd resisted arrest and he paid with his life.  Derek Chauvin negligently and malevolently killed George Floyd and he should now learn in his lengthy jail confinement how to be more human.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:54 AM, 7heaven said:

You seem to have trouble understanding why spending more tax-payers money and incurring massive debts for future generations in light of nearly 40year high record inflation in US will further accelerate inflation. Who will be interested in Climate Change when they cannot even afford basic necessities? 

Aha, contradicting yourself once again!

Just some days ago you 7heaven were complaining that the poorer US citizens are receiving 1400 US $ . 

Now suddenly they cannot afford anything due to 5% inflation. 

What now? 

Instead of posting nonsensical slogans, maybe you 7heaven should learn to use your brain first??

On 12/24/2021 at 5:42 PM, 7heaven said:

And it never jumped to your brain that the mix up of taser and pistol maybe was a cheap excuse

On 12/24/2021 at 1:54 AM, 7heaven said:

You seem to have trouble understanding why spending more tax-payers money and incurring massive debts for future generations in light of nearly 40 year high record inflation in US will further accelerate inflation. Who will be interested in Climate Change when they cannot even afford basic necessities?

This is one of the scuzziest things I have ever seen posted on Blowing Wind. If you are so eager to die in a climate-induced disaster, go travel to a hurricane or tornado zone and get it over with already, but don't you dare try to condemn my generation and those who are younger than us to spend our lives suffering due to your excessive personal greed. I plan to live a whole lot longer than you.

The worst "debt" and "inflation" of any will be the unsustainable rises in global temperatures and sea levels caused by people's horribly chronic refusal to stop a problem we can clearly see developing ahead of time. If scientists reveal that an asteroid would hit the planet in five years, you would complain about the price of developing ways to deflect it away from Earth, because you're insane.

You can't be so schizo to not realize that Singapore and other tropical nations, and especially island countries, are at the greatest risk of being wiped out due to the devastating storms, floods, tsunamis, and earthquakes that will become a lot more frequent as the world's climate gets unnaturally hotter. Just trying to repair that damage, only to see everything destroyed again, is more costly.

Your claims of "massive debts for future generations" need to include the entire populations of Singapore as well other tropical and island nations being forced to become refugees if the impact of climate change renders our countries no longer inhabitable. I love Singapore, and I want this island secured against any preventable destruction, just as sensible Americans want to forestall disasters.

Hundreds of flights in the US cancelled due to a shortage of personnel caused by the infectious virus.  Thousands of passengers stranded without a way to go to their destination in time to celebrate Christmas the way they wanted to do. 

In Wisconsin, serious car and truck pileups occurred due to icy roads on the Interstate.  Travelers who were not directly involved in the crashes had to make many detours to reach their destination.

What rational mind could criticize the people, straight and gay,  who predicted such horrible travel conditions and decided to wisely stay put at home and defer travel for better times?   I am one of these gay people. 

Now on Christmas eve here, I am so cozy at home with everything in the house set up to serve me.  A while ago, my neighbor from across the street,  a lady I have known for 45 years,  came over to wish me merry Christmas and brought me a ginger bread she had made herself.  We chatted for a good while, and we felt so happy to be where we are.  Tomorrow Christmas I will speak with all my family, eat my good food,  take a break from all regimes and disciplines, and in full relaxation enjoy the great freedom I have, as much as that of Jesus in heaven.  :) 

On 12/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, singalion said:

Aha, contradicting yourself once again!

Just some days ago you 7heaven were complaining that the poorer US citizens are receiving 1400 US $ . 

Now suddenly they cannot afford anything due to 5% inflation. 

What now? 

Instead of posting nonsensical slogans, maybe you 7heaven should learn to use your brain first??

Lol. As usual, you like to falsely attribute to me for things I did not say at all just to fit your narrative.

Nowhere did I complain about poorer people receiving $1400. 

Maybe you should learn to have more integrity instead of falsely misinterpreting or attributing what people said or has not said.

On 12/25/2021 at 6:53 AM, singalion said:

And it never jumped to your brain that the mix up of taser and pistol maybe was a cheap excuse

It never jumped to my brain because the facts of the case did not support this scenario. Perhaps it is possible only in your own imagined world.

If it were true, the District Attorney in this case would have prosecuted the case as 1st or 2nd degree intentional homicide instead of manslaughter. 

On 12/25/2021 at 8:10 AM, Guest 2003 said:

This is one of the scuzziest things I have ever seen posted on Blowing Wind. If you are so eager to die in a climate-induced disaster, go travel to a hurricane or tornado zone and get it over with already, but don't you dare try to condemn my generation and those who are younger than us to spend our lives suffering due to your excessive personal greed. I plan to live a whole lot longer than you.

The worst "debt" and "inflation" of any will be the unsustainable rises in global temperatures and sea levels caused by people's horribly chronic refusal to stop a problem we can clearly see developing ahead of time. If scientists reveal that an asteroid would hit the planet in five years, you would complain about the price of developing ways to deflect it away from Earth, because you're insane.

You can't be so schizo to not realize that Singapore and other tropical nations, and especially island countries, are at the greatest risk of being wiped out due to the devastating storms, floods, tsunamis, and earthquakes that will become a lot more frequent as the world's climate gets unnaturally hotter. Just trying to repair that damage, only to see everything destroyed again, is more costly.

Your claims of "massive debts for future generations" need to include the entire populations of Singapore as well other tropical and island nations being forced to become refugees if the impact of climate change renders our countries no longer inhabitable. I love Singapore, and I want this island secured against any preventable destruction, just as sensible Americans want to forestall disasters.

This is one of the most grandiose and hyperbole postulating of a comment I have ever seen here. 

If basic necessities are unaffordable now due to the massive inflation and will only get even more unaffordable due to the Build Back Better bill proposed by Biden and gang, the parents of the current younger generations will not be able to buy nutritious food much needed during the formative years of these younger generations. They won’t have the foundation to live a long life. 

I love Singapore and climate change needs to be addressed. The transition to renewable energy sources is not abrupt cessation of some important gas pipelines in one country and endorsement of another gas pipeline in another country or without affordable alternatives.

You bringing up the example of asteroid going to hit Earth is just mis-characterisation or extrapolation of what I would say because I have never said it will be expensive to develop ways to deflect it. Calling me insane if no different from the people pushing for the massive spending of Build Better Bill.

On 12/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, Steve5380 said:

I agree.  People who resist arrest should learn from these episodes not to resist and instead comply with police mandates.

And stupid, incompetent, malevolent police officers should learn from their criminal prosecutions not to shoot to kill or restrain unconcerned.  George Floyd resisted arrest and he paid with his life.  Derek Chauvin negligently and malevolently killed George Floyd and he should now learn in his lengthy jail confinement how to be more human.

Stupid people thinking of hurting or killing police officers after getting influenced by defund police rhetorics fanned by left wing extremists and Democrats politicians should learn what awaits Travon Shaw and Elliot Knox for ambushing and killing police officer Keona Holley. 

The Associated Press
This combo of booking photo release by the Baltimore Police Department shows Travon Shaw, left, and Elliot Knox. The two men have been arrested and charged in a recent ambush shooting that critically wounded a Baltimore police officer and a second shooting soon afterward that left a man dead, police announced Friday, Dec. 17, 2021. (Baltimore Police Department via AP) The Associated Press

2 Charged in Ambush Shooting of Baltimore Police Officer

Baltimore police say they've arrested and charged two men in an ambush shooting that critically wounded a Baltimore police officer this week and a second shooting soon afterward that left a man dead.

By Associated Press Wire Service Content • Dec. 17, 2021, at 6:07 p.m.

BALTIMORE (AP) — Two men have been arrested and charged in a recent ambush shooting that critically wounded a Baltimore police officer and a second shooting soon afterward that left a man dead, police announced Friday.

Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said Elliot Knox, 31, and Travon Shaw, 32 were in custody. He said at a news conference that the two face charges of attempted murder in the shooting early Thursday of Officer Keona Holley and murder in the shooting death of Justin Johnson.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-12-17/2-charged-in-ambush-shooting-of-baltimore-police-officer?context=amp

On 12/25/2021 at 3:38 AM, 7heaven said:

It never jumped to my brain because the facts of the case did not support this scenario. Perhaps it is possible only in your own imagined world.

If it were true, the District Attorney in this case would have prosecuted the case as 1st or 2nd degree intentional homicide instead of manslaughter. 

Plenty of things don't jump into your brain or you spare a thought... 

because then your nonsensical claims would crash like MH 370 into the Indian ocean...

looks like you aren't aware that in criminal trials you need evidence, when no evidence is available for the female police officer of having not confused the taser...

Then what?

Oh, yes, police officers always tell the truth and nothing as the truth... like Chauvin in the Floyd trial. the police officer's lawyer would also tell the truth for not saving the ass of his client... 

It is always terribly amusing how simplistic your views on reality are...

On 12/25/2021 at 3:38 AM, 7heaven said:

because then your nonsensical claims would crash like MH 370 into the Indian ocean...

looks like you aren't aware that in criminal trials you need evidence, when no evidence is available for the female police officer of having not confused the taser...

Then what?

Oh, yes, police officers always tell the truth and nothing as the truth... like Chauvin in the Floyd trial. the police officer's lawyer would also tell the truth for not saving the ass of his client... 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:04 AM, 7heaven said:

Stupid people thinking of hurting or killing police officers after getting influenced by defund police rhetorics fanned by left wing extremists and Democrats politicians should learn what awaits Travon Shaw and Elliot Knox for ambushing and killing police officer Keona Holley. 

Where is your substantiation or evidence for the police in that US state or district having been defunded???

Where is also your evidence that these criminals were influenced by "defund the police rethoric"? 

Give us evidence first before making such unsubstantiated claims not based on any facts...

On a note any such crimes don't happen in Republican run US states correct?

Your nonsencical slogan shouting screams foul before anyone can hear the sound. 

On 12/25/2021 at 3:57 AM, 7heaven said:

This is one of the most grandiose and hyperbole postulating of a comment I have ever seen here. 

The most hilarious at this thread is your, 7heaven, dumb parrotting of nonsensical slogans, which you copy from right wing extremist twitter tweets or other fringe sources lacking any self reflection before posting and making you 7heaven ending up looking like an unintelligent nerd and clown. 

Edited by singalion

On 12/25/2021 at 1:10 AM, Guest 2003 said:

Unfortunately, you forgot that 7heaven spares no thought or involves critical thinking prior to posting his unreflected nonsensical politically one sided laced rhetoric at this thread. 

Please don't ever expect too much from 7heaven... intelligence is not his strength...

On 12/25/2021 at 1:19 AM, Steve5380 said:

Hundreds of flights in the US cancelled due to a shortage of personnel caused by the infectious virus.  Thousands of passengers stranded without a way to go to their destination in time to celebrate Christmas the way they wanted to do. 

In Wisconsin, serious car and truck pileups occurred due to icy roads on the Interstate.  Travelers who were not directly involved in the crashes had to make many detours to reach their destination.

What rational mind could criticize the people, straight and gay,  who predicted such horrible travel conditions and decided to wisely stay put at home and defer travel for better times?   I am one of these gay people. 

Now on Christmas eve here, I am so cozy at home with everything in the house set up to serve me.  A while ago, my neighbor from across the street,  a lady I have known for 45 years,  came over to wish me merry Christmas and brought me a ginger bread she had made herself.  We chatted for a good while, and we felt so happy to be where we are.  Tomorrow Christmas I will speak with all my family, eat my good food,  take a break from all regimes and disciplines, and in full relaxation enjoy the great freedom I have, as much as that of Jesus in heaven.  :) 

And you didn't blame Biden for that disaster? 

Well, you still can't switch to fit into certain poster's flawed logic. 

Congrats!

On 12/25/2021 at 2:01 PM, singalion said:

Then what?

In the specific case of Kim Potter, the evidence do not support your imagined scenario that “the mix up of taser and pistol maybe was a cheap excuse”. It is ironic that you claim people aren’t aware that in criminal trials evidence is needed. 

It is precisely the evidence pointed towards a confusion by Potter thinking she was using a taser instead of an actual gun that’s why she was convicted of manslaughter and not 1st or 2nd degree homicide. 

It is terribly amusing how you can pander your own version reality when the jury has concluded it was a manslaughter case and not deliberate execution of Wright and using the mix-up as a cheap excuse. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, singalion said:

Where is your substantiation or evidence for the police in that US state or district having been defunded???

Where is also your evidence that these criminals were influenced by "defund the police rethoric"? 

Give us evidence first before making such unsubstantiated claims not based on any facts...

On a note any such crimes don't happen in Republican run US states correct?

Your nonsencical slogan shouting screams foul before anyone can hear the sound. 

I did not say the killing of police officer Keona Holley by Elliott Knox and Travon Shaw was singularly attributed by defund the police. Again, don’t falsely attribute things to others when others did not say that at all, just so it fits your narrative. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, singalion said:

The most hilarious at this thread is your, 7heaven, dumb parrotting of nonsensical slogans, which you copy from right wing extremist twitter tweets or other fringe sources lacking any self reflection before posting and making you 7heaven ending up looking like an unintelligent nerd and clown. 

Just because the truths and facts hurts the left wing, Biden and his Democrats causes don’t automatically mean they lack self-reflection. The irony is the perpetual dismissal, gaslighting and pandering of self-serving agenda by the left wing extremists will make everyone who believes them clowns and unintelligent. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, singalion said:

Unfortunately, you forgot that 7heaven spares no thought or involves critical thinking prior to posting his unreflected nonsensical politically one sided laced rhetoric at this thread. 

Please don't ever expect too much from 7heaven... intelligence is not his strength...

Unfortunately we keep getting reminded that Singalion is incapable of debating without resorting to personal attacks and falsely attributing things to others which others did not even say just so he can attack them even more.

At least he finally agrees with us on something! Let's go Brandon! 🤣😂

Joe Biden Says He Agrees After Christmas Caller Tells Him 'Let's Go Brandon'

https://www.newsweek.com/president-biden-trolled-lets-go-brandon-santa-tracking-broadcast-1663074

One caller, identified as Jared from Oregon, called in and decided to troll the president.  "Yeah, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon," the man, who said he was the father of a 2-year-old daughter named Penelope, told the Bidens just before he hanging up the phone.

Without missing a beat, Biden smiled and replied: "Let's go Brandon. I agree." The first lady chuckled.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter