Pulse  Clinic

All USA Political Discussions (Compiled)

oralb

On 5/18/2022 at 5:34 PM, singalion said:

More unsubtaniated slogans?

Where are facts and evidence to support your various blames and claims 7heaven. 

Nice rhetoric 7heaven, but it is wasted energy if you fail to support it by true facts!

Again, ^ this is one of your many posts fillers which ironically does not provide any substantiation nor provide any intelligent and persuasive arguments to support your own point. 

How would teachers asking students to identify white privilege in their own environment unite a country? If anything, it may cause non-whites to be jealous and upset. Democrats led school boards should instead focus on teaching maths and science and not divisive Critical Race Theory and sexual orientation and gender topics to young kids. 

On 5/18/2022 at 12:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

How can it be a deception when what was edited was clearly spelt out? 

Compare this to what @singalion did? Did you even know what he edited? He changed his stance from going against the use of guns with the ONLY exception for military use, to include the exception of police use. And he edited it simply because he was exposed to be supportive of mass shooters, and he did not want police to be able to control such crimes with guns! And after 21 hours of making that edit, he didn't even declare what he edited in his own remarks! 

Now, how is this not being deceptive?  

It is NOT being deceptive.  I don't find @singalion being deceptive at all!

He is completely right that NOBODY should be carrying guns.  Wasn't this the case in Britain years ago when police were not armed with guns?   But this requires that EVERYBODY is disarmed,  something impossible in America. This is what could have moved @singalion to include the exception of police use, very wisely.

On 5/18/2022 at 3:17 AM, singalion said:

Was that ironic Steve?

Where did you see his intelligence?

With all these own goals, I fail to see intelligence.

Can you please clarify?

I am somewhat surprised that you didn't realize the jest in my posts.  I hope you have more sense of humor than @InBangkok, who takes everything damn seriously unless he sees a smiling emoji or a "ha ha", or a "wahahahaha". 

Guest Guest
On 5/18/2022 at 4:43 PM, singalion said:

Floyd Lee Corkins was never given any licence by SPLC to attack the Family Research Council nor was there any interaction between Floyd Lee Corkins and SPLC.

The investigations reports revealed that Floyd Lee Corkins has been upset for years by the anti gay propaganda from Family Research Council and the straw that broke the camel's back was the donation drive of his employer Chick-o-fil to the Family Research Center. Floyd said that he wrote down 3 organisations affiliated to Family Research Council on a paper with the addresses that he had found on the internet.

This is all recorded in the FBI written investigation reports.

In the written records there is no mention of SPLC at all.

To me it does not sound logic what Family Research Council claims that the FBI deleted any mentioning of SPLC because such investigation reports go by chronology and what an accused has said would never be deleted. The only deletions take place for national secrets, but SPLC surely is no national secret.

It seems to be a fabrication by the Family Research Council to justify their blames on SPLC.

My oh my ... isn't it just so convenient for you to claim that "he wrote down 3 organisations affiliated to Family Research Council on a paper with the addresses that he had found on the internet", when this "internet" happens to be the map on the Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) website? 

On 5/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, 7heaven said:

"In a chilling FBI interrogation video, now-convicted domestic terrorist Floyd Lee Corkins -- the man who stormed the Family Research Council's (FRC) headquarters and shot an employee who later disarmed him -- admitted that he picked his targets from a map on the Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) website. Since then, the FBI has removed links to the SPLC from its 'hate crimes resources' page, the U.S. Army has distanced themselves from SPLC's materials and now the SPLC has spent millions to settle a defamation lawsuit," concluded Boykin.

Guest Guest

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/teslas-musk-says-he-can-no-longer-support-democrats-will-vote-republican-2022-05-18/

Tesla's Musk says he 'can no longer support' Democrats, 'will vote Republican'

2 minute read

SAN FRANCISCO, May 18 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) CEO Elon Musk said on Wednesday that while he voted for Democrats in the past, he will now vote for Republicans.

"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican," he tweeted.

"Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold," said Musk, the world's richest man, who has agreed to buy Twitter Inc (TWTR.N).

The 50-year-old billionaire recently said he would reverse Twitter's ban on former U.S. President Donald Trump, a Republican, when he buys the social media platform. He also said Twitter is far-left-biased because it is headquartered in California, a state known for its progressive politics.

Musk has been a vocal critic of the Biden administration and Democrats for their proposals to tax billionaires and give more tax incentives to union-made electric vehicles. Tesla does not have unions at its U.S. factories.

Last year, Tesla, which counts California as its biggest market in the United States, moved its headquarters from California to the more politically conservative Texas.

Musk moved his personal residence from California to Texas, where there is no state income tax. He has sold about $25 billion worth of Tesla stock since last year in order to pay taxes and finance his proposed acquisition of Twitter. Analysts said the sales helped him cash in on Tesla's stock rally and diversify his wealth.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, 7heaven said:

How would teachers asking students to identify white privilege in their own environment unite a country? If anything, it may cause non-whites to be jealous and upset. Democrats led school boards should instead focus on teaching maths and science and not divisive Critical Race Theory and sexual orientation and gender topics to young kids. 

This is very persuasive when you 7heaven and your own other half call out others as White supremacists and other nice name calling. 

And when you yourself complain about Caucasians being treated preferentially in Singapore (aka the 4 letter word starting with A). 

That makes you very persuasive and surely not hypocrite. 

You just demonstrated us your fine character traits. 

Thanks for pointing to your own double standards, 7heaven. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, 7heaven said:

Why is it a shame I can’t search it for myself when you seem to claim Southern Poverty Law Center is not responsible for the mislabeling an organisation a hate group that caused gullible person to attack employees of that organisation? 

Just apply some common sense 7heaven. I thought you were the self professed expert when it comes to "common sense". 

SPLC did in no way tell that Corkins to attack anyone. 

This is already extremely absurd as Southern Poverty Law Center acts exactly against hate filled actions. 

We know by now sufficiently you 7heaven would rather smear an organisation that identifies (anti gay) hate groups instead of calling out the vicious actions of gay bashers such as Alliance Defending Freedom or Family Research Council. 

Again, ^ this is one of your many posts fillers which ironically does not provide any substantiation nor provide any intelligent and persuasive arguments to support your own point. 

My posts calling out your inability to substantiate your claims are by no means "post fillers" but serve to identify when you 7heaven lack to support your points with facts or evidence. 

It serves as an alert or reminder to BW readers that you 7heaven post a claim that is not at all backed by any facts. 

BW readers are then aware to make informed decisions or draw informed conclusions. 

This is untrue. 

When I post arguments or reasoning I always substantiate my points with supporting facts. 

I even indicate it with adding the word substantiation in front. 

This very much contrasts your posts that only contain political slogans and propaganda rhetoric but severely lack any substantiation at all. 

When I ask you to substantiate then you always fail to do so in any response and mostly just repeat the rhetorical phrase again. 

BW readers can then after my alert easily identify the lack of substantiation in all your posts 7heaven!

Edited by singalion

On 5/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, singalion said:

This is very persuasive when you 7heaven and your own other half call out others as White supremacists and other nice name calling. 

And when you yourself complain about Caucasians being treated preferentially in Singapore (aka the 4 letter word starting with A). 

That makes you very persuasive and surely not hypocrite. 

You just demonstrated us your fine character traits. 

Thanks for pointing to your own double standards, 7heaven. 

Ironically you kept saying others did not provide substantiation, yet here you are not providing substantiation “your own other half call out others as White supremacists and other nice name calling” and “you yourself complain about Caucasians being treated preferentially in Singapore (aka the 4 letter word starting with A).” 

Who are my own other half and since when did I talk about Caucasians and using the Ang Moh word? Please provide substantiation. 

Did you as usual assume those Guest Guest is me? If so, please provide evidence. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, singalion said:

Just apply some common sense 7heaven. I thought you were the self professed expert when it comes to "common sense". 

SPLC did in no way tell that Corkins to attack anyone. 

This is already extremely absurd as Southern Poverty Law Center acts exactly against hate filled actions. 

We know by now sufficiently you 7heaven would rather smear an organisation that identifies (anti gay) hate groups instead of calling out the vicious actions of gay bashers such as Alliance Defending Freedom or Family Research Council. 

Just apply some common sense Singalion. Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) puts up in their website the organisation details they targeted and as a result assailant cum terrorist like Corkins used the information in SPLC to attack employees of that organisation. 

Ironically SPLC facilitated such violence and hate filled actions. 

We now know sufficiently that you would rather support SPLC which provided information in its website to a terrorist to carry his attack on another organisation than to offer sympathy to the victims of terrorist act. 

Thanks to guest guest for providing critical evidence showing confession by the terrorist that he had used information from SPLC. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, singalion said:

My posts calling out your inability to substantiate your claims are by no means "post fillers" but serve to identify when you 7heaven lack to support your points with facts or evidence. 

It serves as an alert or reminder to BW readers that you 7heaven post a claim that is not at all backed by any facts. 

BW readers are then aware to make informed decisions or draw informed conclusions. 

Yet again, you made another post filler here. 

Such posts do not serve as any alert or reminder. It just shows you are running out of substantial stuff to refute points to contradict your own imagined reality. Readers here know this. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:08 AM, 7heaven said:

Such posts do not serve as any alert or reminder. It just shows you are running out of substantial stuff to refute points to contradict your own imagined reality. Readers here know this. 

How can something that explains a thing, indicates motive etc be a post filler?

After "imagined world", "fit narrative", "common sense", is now "post filler" your latest last straw buzz word?

Guest Guest

On 5/19/2022 at 9:22 AM, singalion said:

When I post arguments or reasoning I always substantiate my points with supporting facts. 

I even indicate it with adding the word substantiation in front. 

Come one! We all know your tricks!

Remember the time that you tried to post "substantiation" to support your own narrative regarding the population of Chinese living in North Korea, but you omitted out the part that you were using the population statistics from the year 1958?  

Remember the time that you tried to support the implementation of Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL) using the false "substantiation" that Singaporeans from overseas need to return home too, when Singaporeans can always return back to their own home country even if the flight is not designated to be a VTL?   

And more recently, remember the time that you tried to post "substantiation" to support your own narrative regarding the President of the United States has no means to control inflation, even after he says his "top priority is getting prices under control" at the State of Union address? And even after that, you tried to lie to everyone to say that "getting prices under control is not the same as getting inflation under control! Hahahaha! 

And even more recently, remember the time that you tried to post "substantiation" to support your own narrative regarding the "record" number of mass shootings in USA for the year 2020 when Trump was in Presidency, but you omitted out the part where the record was crushed in the year 2021 for the year 2020 when Biden was in Presidency? 

Come on, man!  Don't tell us about all your crap and bullshit about your "substantiations". All these are just a couple of lies that you have been exposed thoroughly on this forum. If you can tell so many lies on this forum so frequently, it makes me wonder just how many more lies do you tell in your real life and your professional life daily.

You really didn't earn your S-I-N-G-A-L-I-A-R reputation for nothing, you know???  How can a persistent and incalcitrant liar live in Singapore for so long like that?? 

Guest Guest

https://www.newsweek.com/half-joe-biden-twitter-followers-are-fake-audit-elon-musk-1707244?amp=1

Half of Joe Biden's Twitter Followers Are Fake, Audit Reveals

BY DARRAGH ROCHE ON 5/17/22 AT 7:50 AM EDT

Almost half of President Joe Biden's current 22.2 million followers on Twitter are fake accounts, according to an audit tool provided by software company SparkToro.

SparkToro's tool found that 49.3 percent of accounts following the official @POTUS Twitter account are "fake followers" based on analysis of a number of factors, including location issues, default profile images and new users.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who is currently trying to buy Twitter, has expressed concerns about the number of fake accounts and a potential crack down could see users such as Biden lose a huge number of followers.

Musk said early on Tuesday that his $44-billion deal to purchase the social media company could not go ahead until issues with fake accounts were resolved and he appeared to criticize Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, Steve5380 said:

I am somewhat surprised that you didn't realize the jest in my posts.  I hope you have more sense of humor than @InBangkok, who takes everything damn seriously unless he sees a smiling emoji or a "ha ha", or a "wahahahaha". 

You are so predictably unfunny and even ridiculous when you use this so many, many times to describe about all your contentious posts. Someone should start a thread with all the posts @Steve5380 says he wrote in jest. It would last for many dozens of pages. He does not write most of these in jest. It is merely a camouflage tactic.

Guest Guest
On 5/19/2022 at 10:08 AM, 7heaven said:

Those filler posts are pure telling signs of his defeat, when all his supposed "compatriots" have long run away and left him, the madman, standing his ground alone in solitude to throw tiny pebbles (write posts) to guard whatever is remaining of his "fort" ("truths") which has long been blasted into shambles ages ago, 

Stone Stoning Sticker - Stone Stoning Fast - Discover & Share GIFs

On 5/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, Steve5380 said:

He is completely right that NOBODY should be carrying guns.  Wasn't this the case in Britain years ago when police were not armed with guns?   But this requires that EVERYBODY is disarmed,  something impossible in America.

The situation about carrying arms in the United Kingdom is very simple. For close to 100 years the police have never carried guns. Only a very special force within the  police are licensed to carry guns and I believe this is mostly a counter terrorism squad. Due to its history the police force in Northern Ireland is licensed to carry guns.

It is not a requirement that EVERYBODY is disarmed. Members of the public are entitled to bear arms, but they are bound by arguably the strictest controls in the world. Licences are often provided for those seeking rifles and shotguns for sporting use. In fact, more than 500,000 of such weapons are in private hands. However handguns are banned. This is a relatively recent law which passed through parliament after a dreadful school massacre in the 1990s when 16 young children and one teacher were killed. It was the deadliest shooting in Britain and it shocked the entire country. Legislation banning handguns followed.

The situation in the USA appears to many around the world as utterly ridiculous. How is it possible that there are more licensed guns in that country than people? That almost anyone can go and purchase a gun - and many own half a dozen or more of these weapons of death - when the vast majority of the public want the laws on such easy gun ownership to be changed is one indication of how paralysed the US political system is. The argument often put forward by the NRA and others who seem to condone murderers is that much more should be done on background checks. What rubbish! The recent massacre in Baltimore is just the latest in a long, long line of massacres and murders where obvious tendencies by the perpetrators went unnoticed. As with the 9/11 attacks, there are usually several warning signs but law enforcement and, as importantly, liaison protocols between enforcement agencies rarely connect the dots.

With gun ownership at such a horrendously high rate, gun murders by individuals and - let's be honest - the police will always be in the headlines in the USA.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, singalion said:

How can something that explains a thing, indicates motive etc be a post filler?

After "imagined world", "fit narrative", "common sense", is now "post filler" your latest last straw buzz word?

Post filler is a buzz word because it accurately fits your tactic of making posts that self-proclaim others did not provide substantiation even after they did multiple times. 

What is last straw is your desperate attempts to shift goalposts, divert, distract and create strawmen fallacies to distant Biden and left wing ideologies from the multiple crisis we see in US today. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, 7heaven said:

Just apply some common sense Singalion. Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) puts up in their website the organisation details they targeted and as a result assailant cum terrorist like Corkins used the information in SPLC to attack employees of that organisation. 

We now know sufficiently that you would rather support SPLC which provided information in its website to a terrorist to carry his attack on another organisation than to offer sympathy to the victims of terrorist act. 

Thanks to guest guest for providing critical evidence showing confession by the terrorist that he had used information from SPLC. 

The video is not from the official channels.

There is information from the FBI that it ever authorised or released any interrogations with Floyd Corkins.

Even if the video is authentic it does not say anything what Floyd Corkins revealed later on.

The 18 or less seconds snippet obviously leave out what Corkins continues to say and what you can gather from the full FBI report of investigations same as in the Public Prosecutors Summary of charges.

What FRC is saying contradicts the offical FBI investigation reports!

Relevant media releases from the FBI and the Public Prosecutors (U.S. Attorney’s Office District of Columbia) Summary of charges state that on 10th August 2012 Floyd Corkins browsed the internet and visited the SPLC website to identify the address of FRC two other anti gay marriage groups. He then printed maps with directions to each of the offices.

Already during the incident at the Family Research Council on 15 August 2012 Floyd Corkins said many times to the Metropolitan Police Department officers:

"I don't like Family Research Council for what it stands for."

and

"I don't like these people and what they stand for."

Floyd Corkins had a list with him, when he was arrested, where he had pinned down 4 organisations:

3 Hate groups with Family Research Council on the second top and Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, Virginia where he bought the gun.

He also stated that he considered Family Research Council for years as he was a political activist.

The report mentions also that Floyd Corkins started his preparations to attack on the Family Research Council (and 2 other organisations) Friday 3rd August 2012 by observing their security details and surroundings.

This is evidence that he had planed and identified an attack on the Family Research Council (and the other organisations) far before he browsed the SPLC website.

Quote:

According to a statement of offense, signed by the defendant as well as the government, Corkins targeted the Family Research Council because of its views, including its advocacy against recognition of gay marriage

Corkins later made statements to the FBI in which he said that he was a political activist and considered the Family Research Council to be a lobbying group.  He also stated that he intended to kill as many people as possible and smother the Chick-fil-A sandwiches into their faces. Among other things, he said, “Chick-fil-A came out against gay marriage so I was going to use that as a statement.”

Corkins also revealed the steps he took in planning the attack, saying that he had been thinking about perpetrating similar violence for years but never carried out an attack. Had he not been stopped at the Family Research Council, he stated, he planned to go to the second organization on the list he was carrying and wage a similar shooting there.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/virginia-man-pleads-guilty-charges-shooting-security-guard-family-research-council

The FBI report is public and can be read by everyone online.

This also illustrates that the Family Research Council Vice President Boykin and President Perkins are liars as they claimed that the US government had deleted all mentions of SPLC on the official investigation reports was a lie.

Quote:

WASHINGTON, June 18, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins released the following statement in response to the Southern Poverty Law Center

Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, Family Research Council Executive Vice President added the following comments:

"Since then, the FBI has removed links to the SPLC"

They both are also liars as they claimed that the FBI and other government agencies had capped all ties to SPLC.

This was proven false during an interview, where Boykin had to admit that he had lied.

Evidence:

FBI, Southern Poverty Law Center partnership alarms conservatives

Valerie Richardson The Washington Times July 31, 2018

Jerry Boykin wasn’t thrilled to see the Southern Poverty Law Center working with Amazon or Twitter, but he’s far more alarmed about the left-leaning group’s partnership with the FBI.

“I think the FBI is making a terrible mistake by doing this, given the track record of the Southern Poverty Law Center,” said Mr. Boykin, a retired lieutenant general and former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence, who now serves as executive vice president of the Family Research Council.

Yes, 7heaven, let's apply some common sense:

Healthline puts up on their website organisation details they target as a result an attacker cum terrorist like Bristol used the information from Healthline to attack employees of that organisation

Wednesday, February 6, 2021

Oregon Man Pleads Guilty To Charges In Shooting Of Security Guard At Burger King - Defendant Targeted Organization In Planned Attack

MIAMI – Francis Luke Bristol, , 28, pled guilty today to three felony charges, including a terrorism offense, in the September 2021 shooting of a security guard at the Burger King HQ in downtown Miami, announced U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr., Valerie Parlave, Assistant Director of the FBI’s Miami Field Office, and Cathy L. Lanier, Chief of the Miami Police Department (MPD).

Bristol, of Hilsboro, Or., pled guilty in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida to charges of committing an act of terrorism while armed, assault with intent to kill while armed, and interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition.

On the morning of Sep. 17, Bristol rode Amtrak from Orlando and into Miami, got off at the Dade Place stop, and went to the Burger King headquarters at 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive. To gain access into the building, he falsely told the security guard that he was there for a meeting as a prospective franchisee. Upon gaining entry, Bristol approached the receptionist desk, which the security guard was manning, intending to shoot and kill him. However, the security guard fought back and, as the two men scuffled, Bristol fired his gun three times, striking the guard once in his left arm in the process.  After the security guard subdued Bristol, Bristol stated, “It’s not about you,” but about the organization’s policies. He also was heard making remarks such as, “I don’t like these people, and I don’t like what they stand for.”

In a search after the shooting, MPD officers discovered two fully loaded magazine clips in one of Bristol’s front pants pockets, as well as a Metro card and a handwritten list containing the name of Burger King that openly identifies itself as having diabetes spreading agendas. A search of Bristol’s backpack turned up, among other items, a box of 50 rounds of 9 mm ammunition. They also found 15 individually wrapped Burger Kind Oreo Milkshakes that Bristol had purchased the previous day from Burger King.

Bristol later made statements to the FBI in which he said that he was a food nutritionists and considered Burger King to be a group spreading toxic food.  When asked how he targeted Burger King, Bristol stated that he browsed the internet and saw Burger King on the online list of Healthline as the unhealthiest food with their Burger King Oreo Shake. He also stated that he intended to kill as many people as possible and spill the milkshakes into their faces. Among other things, he said, “Burger King came out with a campaign against less sugary food so I was going to use that as a statement.” Bristol reportedly volunteered at a food  therapy center in Tampa, where a colleague described him as "a kind, gentle and unassuming young man."

Bristol also revealed the steps he took in planning the attack, saying that he had been thinking about perpetrating similar violence for years but never carried out an attack.

In his first public appearances since the shooting at Burger King's office Wednesday, Burger King president Tom Curtis blamed Healthline, which has labeled Burger King as a group for selling the Unhealthiest Junk Foods, for giving the shooter a "license" to attack.

With the attention of the nation after Wednesday's shooting, Curtis used his moment in the spotlight to attack Healthline. He told Fox's Megyn Kelly:

"Bristol was responsible for the wounding of one our colleagues and one of my friends yesterday here at the Burger King headquarters, but I believe he was given a license by a group such as Healthline, who, as you pointed out earlier, labeled us distributing the unhealthiest junk foods because we defend nutrition and we stand for traditional, conventional Fast Food."

Fox, which covered his news conference, quotes Curtis:

"Let me be clear that Francis Bristol was responsible for firing the shots yesterday that wounded one of our colleagues ... but Bristol was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like Healthline that have been reckless in labeling organizations  in categories as unhealthiest junk foods because they disagree with them on nutritional basis."

Various organisations in the US voice out against the Family Research Council for hitting out at the Southern Poverty Law Center:

After D.C. shooting, fingers point over blame

By Tom Watkins, CNN

Updated 0301 GMT (1101 HKT) August 17, 2012

Accusations of blame abounded Thursday, a day after a 28-year-old man who had volunteered for a center that serves gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people was taken into custody for allegedly shooting a building manager at the headquarters of a Christian conservative group.

Asked what evidence he had linking the center to the shooting, Perkins referred to the Chick-fil-A matter.

One legal expert said Perkins seems to be inconsistent in deciding which battles to pick.

Perkins was using Wednesday's shooting "to pose a false equivalency between the SPLC's criticisms of the FRC and the FRC's criticisms of LGBT people,". "The FRC routinely pushes out demonizing claims that gay people are child molesters and worse -- claims that are provably false. It should stop the demonization and affirm the dignity of all people."

After Dr. George R. Tiller, a Kansas abortion provider, was shot dead in May 2009, Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly came under criticism for having called him "Tiller the baby killer."

Referring to O'Reilly, Perkins announced in August that year that "We're going to give him an award for his courage in exposing the truth behind the late-term abortion industry."

"I wish Perkins would not use a double standard," New York University Law School Professor Burt Neuborne told CNN in a telephone interview. "When opponents of abortion engage in astonishingly bellicose speech where they call people 'murderers' and they virtually encourage people to take their lives and some nut acts on it, Perkins keeps his mouth shut. I don't see him criticizing that speech. The truth is, you can't pick and choose what kind of rhetoric to condemn."

trying to shame a rival...

Group That Lobbies for Cleaner TV Releases Video of Headquarters Attack

Family Research Council, a conservative organization that also opposes same-sex marriage, is trying to shame a rival that has labeled it a "hate group."

April 25, 2013

The Family Research Council, a conservative Christian organization that has a long history of lobbying the FCC in favor of indecency fines against TV broadcasters, on Thursday released a video of a shooting at its headquarters nine months ago.

In August, Floyd Corkins II shot a guard, Leonardo Johnson, in the arm at the FRC headquarters in Washington. The intent of the shooter, who carried 100 rounds of ammunition and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches, according to authorities, was to kill FRC employees and smear the sandwiches on their faces as a protest against FRC’s alleged anti-gay agenda. Corkins has since pled guilty to several crimes, including committing an act of terrorism with the intent to kill, and prosecutors are seeking a 45-year sentence.

While several gay-rights groups condemned the actions of Corkins, the FRC has been battling with the Southern Poverty Law Center, a left-wing civil rights organization that has labeled the FRC a “hate group” for spreading “propaganda” about the LGBT community.

FRC has been trying to tie the SPLC to the actions of Corkins, and it did so again on Thursday with the release of a video that first shows Corkins entering FRC headquarters, then reaching into his backpack and pulling out a pistol.

The two-minute video also includes a struggle, and it shows Corkins shooting Johnson. The video then jumps to the FBI interrogation of Corkins where FRC says his attack was motivated by the claim of “Southern Poverty Law” that FRC is a hate group.

The SPLC did not respond to a request for comment, but a statement at its website from senior fellow Mark Potok shortly after the shooting calls the episode “a tragedy” and says that the SPLC “deplores all violence.” It also says: “The SPLC has listed the FRC as a hate group since 2010 because it has knowingly spread false and denigrating propaganda about LGBT people – not, as some claim, because it opposes same-sex marriage.”

Beyond its efforts at cleaning up television, the FRC promotes traditional marriage, lobbies against abortion and takes a host of conservative political positions.

More condemnation and pointing to inconsistencies in reasoning by media outlets on Perkin's blame game on SPLC:

The challenge of assigning blame

Aug. 17, 2012, 4:45 AM +08

Floyd Lee Corkins II is in custody, accused of shooting an unarmed guard at the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., yesterday. According to all accounts, Corkins was motivated by his political opposition to the FRC's far-right, anti-gay message, and the gunman carried ammunition and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in his backpack during the attack.

Fortunately, the victim, Leo Johnson, will recover and no one was hurt, but the incident could have been much worse had Johnson not unarmed Corkins. Today, the group's president, former Republican lawmaker Tony Perkins, held a press event responding to the incident.

[Perkins] said the Southern Poverty Law Center and other groups gave "license" to a shooter who injured a security guard at the conservative religious policy and lobbying organization's headquarters on Wednesday.In a news conference addressing the incident and the arrest of the alleged shooter, Floyd Corkins II, Perkins said: "Let me be clear that Floyd Corkins was responsible for firing the shots yesterday that wounded one of our colleagues ... but Corkins was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center that have been reckless in labeling organizations 'hate groups' because they disagree with them on public policy."

Perkins noted that plenty of LGBT organizations issued statements condemning Corkins' violence, and he "appreciates" the sentiments, adding that he hopes they will "join us in calling for an end to the reckless rhetoric that I believe led to yesterday's incident."

The bigger picture is quite more nuanced than Perkins seems willing to acknowledge. The Southern Poverty Law Center has condemned the Family Research Council's anti-gay work because, well, the Family Research Council does a lot of anti-gay work -- enough for the SPLC to label the FRC a "hate" group.

For Perkins, there's a chain of events that points to causality -- the SPLC condemned the FRC for its anti-gay work; Corkins may have seen the SPLC's condemnation; the suspected gunman was apparently deranged enough to want to commit acts of violence against his perceived enemy; ergo the SPLC bears some responsibility for Corkins' actions.

Except that doesn't make any sense, and Perkins surely knows better.

Consider this tragic violence in 2008 from Tennessee, for example.

A man accused of fatally shooting two adults and wounding seven others at a Knoxville church told police the church's liberal teachings prompted him to attack, according to court papers.Jim David Adkisson told investigators all liberals should be killed and admitted he shot people Sunday morning at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by CNN affiliate WBIR.

[...]According to the affidavit requesting to search Adkisson's home, the suspect told investigators liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country. Adkisson also blamed Democrats for the country's decline, according to the affidavit.

When investigators searched the murder's home, they found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by Bill O'Reilly.

Did Savage, Hannity, and O'Reilly give, to use Tony Perkins' word, "license" to the madman to shoot nine unarmed, innocent people in a church? Of course not. Savage, Hannity, and O'Reilly are free to share their political opinions, and so long as they don't incite acts of violence, it's unfair to blame them for the actions of a madman.

Indeed, Perkins has been deeply critical of all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons. If some sick individual heard those criticisms and decided to commit and act of violence, Perkins wouldn't be responsible, either.

I'm a little surprised Perkins pushed this argument today, and I have to wonder if, once people have a chance to catch their breath and reflect on yesterday's violence, he might reconsider.

=> The article rightly points out how absurd the claim of Family Research Council's president is!

Edited by singalion

Guest Worried

I got infected this this week and is worrying about long Covid symptoms.

I'm an active and sporty person by nature. I scare my stamina will be affected. How?

Guest Guest
On 5/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, singalion said:

Healthline puts up on their website organisation details they target as a result an attacker cum terrorist like Bristol used the information from Healthline to attack employees of that organisation

Oregon Man Pleads Guilty To Charges In Shooting Of Security Guard At Burger King - Defendant Targeted Organization In Planned Attack

MIAMI – Francis Luke Bristol, , 28, pled guilty today to three felony charges, including a terrorism offense, in the September 2021 shooting of a security guard at the Burger King HQ in downtown Miami, announced U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr., Valerie Parlave, Assistant Director of the FBI’s Miami Field Office, and Cathy L. Lanier, Chief of the Miami Police Department (MPD).

Bristol, of Hilsboro, Or., pled guilty in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida to charges of committing an act of terrorism while armed, assault with intent to kill while armed, and interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition.

On the morning of Sep. 17, Bristol rode Amtrak from Orlando and into Miami, got off at the Dade Place stop, and went to the Burger King headquarters at 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive. To gain access into the building, he falsely told the security guard that he was there for a meeting as a prospective franchisee. Upon gaining entry, Bristol approached the receptionist desk, which the security guard was manning, intending to shoot and kill him. However, the security guard fought back and, as the two men scuffled, Bristol fired his gun three times, striking the guard once in his left arm in the process.  After the security guard subdued Bristol, Bristol stated, “It’s not about you,” but about the organization’s policies. He also was heard making remarks such as, “I don’t like these people, and I don’t like what they stand for.”

In a search after the shooting, MPD officers discovered two fully loaded magazine clips in one of Bristol’s front pants pockets, as well as a Metro card and a handwritten list containing the name of Burger King that openly identifies itself as having diabetes spreading agendas. A search of Bristol’s backpack turned up, among other items, a box of 50 rounds of 9 mm ammunition. They also found 15 individually wrapped Burger Kind Oreo Milkshakes that Bristol had purchased the previous day from Burger King.

Bristol later made statements to the FBI in which he said that he was a food nutritionists and considered Burger King to be a group spreading toxic food.  When asked how he targeted Burger King, Bristol stated that he browsed the internet and saw Burger King on the online list of Healthline as the unhealthiest food with their Burger King Oreo Shake. He also stated that he intended to kill as many people as possible and spill the milkshakes into their faces. Among other things, he said, “Burger King came out with a campaign against less sugary food so I was going to use that as a statement.” Bristol reportedly volunteered at a food  therapy center in Tampa, where a colleague described him as "a kind, gentle and unassuming young man."

Bristol also revealed the steps he took in planning the attack, saying that he had been thinking about perpetrating similar violence for years but never carried out an attack.

In his first public appearances since the shooting at Burger King's office Wednesday, Burger King president Tom Curtis blamed Healthline, which has labeled Burger King as a group for selling the Unhealthiest Junk Foods, for giving the shooter a "license" to attack.

With the attention of the nation after Wednesday's shooting, Curtis used his moment in the spotlight to attack Healthline. He told Fox's Megyn Kelly:

"Bristol was responsible for the wounding of one our colleagues and one of my friends yesterday here at the Burger King headquarters, but I believe he was given a license by a group such as Healthline, who, as you pointed out earlier, labeled us distributing the unhealthiest junk foods because we defend nutrition and we stand for traditional, conventional Fast Food."

"Let me be clear that Francis Bristol was responsible for firing the shots yesterday that wounded one of our colleagues ... but Bristol was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like Healthline that have been reckless in labeling organizations  in categories as unhealthiest junk foods because they disagree with them on nutritional basis."

You know what is so interesting about this article? 

YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS HEADLINES  ANYWHERE EVEN AFTER GOING THROUGH TEN SEARCH PAGES OF GOOGLE, YAHOO AND BING, EVEN THOUGH IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT SOME SHOOTINGS WHICH HAD HAPPENED AT BURGER KING HEADQUARTERS AT 5505 BLUE LAGOON DRIVE IN 2021! 

JUST HOW MUCH FURTHER DO YOU WANT TO CARRY YOUR LIES, @SINGA-L-I-A-R ?? aRE YOU TRYING TO BUILD AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SINGA-LIES NOW? HAHAHAHAHA!

On 5/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, singalion said:

The video is not from the official channels.

There is information from the FBI that it ever authorised or released any interrogations with Floyd Corkins.

Even if the video is authentic it does not say anything what Floyd Corkins revealed later on.

The 18 or less seconds snippet obviously leave out what Corkins continues to say and what you can gather from the full FBI report of investigations same as in the Public Prosecutors Summary of charges.

What FRC is saying contradicts the offical FBI investigation reports!

Relevant media releases from the FBI and the Public Prosecutors (U.S. Attorney’s Office District of Columbia) Summary of charges state that on 10th August 2012 Floyd Corkins browsed the internet and visited the SPLC website to identify the address of FRC two other anti gay marriage groups. He then printed maps with directions to each of the offices.

Already during the incident at the Family Research Council on 15 August 2012 Floyd Corkins said many times to the Metropolitan Police Department officers:

"I don't like Family Research Council for what it stands for."

and

"I don't like these people and what they stand for."

Floyd Corkins had a list with him, when he was arrested, where he had pinned down 4 organisations:

3 Hate groups with Family Research Council on the second top and Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, Virginia where he bought the gun.

He also stated that he considered Family Research Council for years as he was a political activist.

The report mentions also that Floyd Corkins started his preparations to attack on the Family Research Council (and 2 other organisations) Friday 3rd August 2012 by observing their security details and surroundings.

This is evidence that he had planed and identified an attack on the Family Research Council (and the other organisations) far before he browsed the SPLC website.

Quote:

According to a statement of offense, signed by the defendant as well as the government, Corkins targeted the Family Research Council because of its views, including its advocacy against recognition of gay marriage

Corkins later made statements to the FBI in which he said that he was a political activist and considered the Family Research Council to be a lobbying group.  He also stated that he intended to kill as many people as possible and smother the Chick-fil-A sandwiches into their faces. Among other things, he said, “Chick-fil-A came out against gay marriage so I was going to use that as a statement.”

Corkins also revealed the steps he took in planning the attack, saying that he had been thinking about perpetrating similar violence for years but never carried out an attack. Had he not been stopped at the Family Research Council, he stated, he planned to go to the second organization on the list he was carrying and wage a similar shooting there.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/virginia-man-pleads-guilty-charges-shooting-security-guard-family-research-council

The FBI report is public and can be read by everyone online.

The video shows the confession from the terrorist who used materials from Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) website to choose his target. As a result, SPLC facilitated the violence and hate actions because of its website. 

The video confession is public and can be viewed online. 

On 5/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, singalion said:

This also illustrates that the Family Research Council Vice President Boykin and President Perkins are liars as they claimed that the US government had deleted all mentions of SPLC on the official investigation reports was a lie.

Quote:

WASHINGTON, June 18, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins released the following statement in response to the Southern Poverty Law Center

Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, Family Research Council Executive Vice President added the following comments:

"Since then, the FBI has removed links to the SPLC"

They both are also liars as they claimed that the FBI and other government agencies had capped all ties to SPLC.

This was proven false during an interview, where Boykin had to admit that he had lied.

Evidence:

FBI, Southern Poverty Law Center partnership alarms conservatives

Valerie Richardson The Washington Times July 31, 2018

Jerry Boykin wasn’t thrilled to see the Southern Poverty Law Center working with Amazon or Twitter, but he’s far more alarmed about the left-leaning group’s partnership with the FBI.

“I think the FBI is making a terrible mistake by doing this, given the track record of the Southern Poverty Law Center,” said Mr. Boykin, a retired lieutenant general and former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence, who now serves as executive vice president of the Family Research Council.

As usual, you did not provide the link to the source of your article. What do you have to hide?

Next, assuming for a moment we believe the 2 paragraphs you copied is trustable, where did they admit they had lied? It is your usual tactic of attributing things others did not even remotely mention so as to fit your own narrative. Lol. 

“They both are also liars as they claimed that the FBI and other government agencies had capped all ties to SPLC.

This was proven false during an interview, where Boykin had to admit that he had lied.”

On 5/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, singalion said:

Yes, Singalion, let's not use your usual tactic of distraction.

How does Healthline got to do with Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) putting up materials in it’s website that led to a terrorist using this material to commit violence against others? 

In case others got distracted by Singalion, let’s listen again to the confession of the terrorist who admitted to using SPLC materials to commit crime.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, singalion said:

Various organisations in the US voice out against the Family Research Council for hitting out at the Southern Poverty Law Center:

After D.C. shooting, fingers point over blame

By Tom Watkins, CNN

Updated 0301 GMT (1101 HKT) August 17, 2012

Accusations of blame abounded Thursday, a day after a 28-year-old man who had volunteered for a center that serves gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people was taken into custody for allegedly shooting a building manager at the headquarters of a Christian conservative group.

Asked what evidence he had linking the center to the shooting, Perkins referred to the Chick-fil-A matter.

One legal expert said Perkins seems to be inconsistent in deciding which battles to pick.

Perkins was using Wednesday's shooting "to pose a false equivalency between the SPLC's criticisms of the FRC and the FRC's criticisms of LGBT people,". "The FRC routinely pushes out demonizing claims that gay people are child molesters and worse -- claims that are provably false. It should stop the demonization and affirm the dignity of all people."

After Dr. George R. Tiller, a Kansas abortion provider, was shot dead in May 2009, Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly came under criticism for having called him "Tiller the baby killer."

Referring to O'Reilly, Perkins announced in August that year that "We're going to give him an award for his courage in exposing the truth behind the late-term abortion industry."

"I wish Perkins would not use a double standard," New York University Law School Professor Burt Neuborne told CNN in a telephone interview. "When opponents of abortion engage in astonishingly bellicose speech where they call people 'murderers' and they virtually encourage people to take their lives and some nut acts on it, Perkins keeps his mouth shut. I don't see him criticizing that speech. The truth is, you can't pick and choose what kind of rhetoric to condemn."

Lol. “Various organisations” that Singalion talked about are simply opinions of media employees and varsity employees. 

And curiously these media and varsity employees did not seem to condemn the actions of the shooter nor condemn Southern Poverty Law Center’s indirect facilitation of the shooting by putting up materials in their website used by the shooter. Should we trust such people who do not show empathy for the victims of the shooting? 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:10 PM, singalion said:

trying to shame a rival...

Group That Lobbies for Cleaner TV Releases Video of Headquarters Attack

Family Research Council, a conservative organization that also opposes same-sex marriage, is trying to shame a rival that has labeled it a "hate group."

April 25, 2013

The Family Research Council, a conservative Christian organization that has a long history of lobbying the FCC in favor of indecency fines against TV broadcasters, on Thursday released a video of a shooting at its headquarters nine months ago.

In August, Floyd Corkins II shot a guard, Leonardo Johnson, in the arm at the FRC headquarters in Washington. The intent of the shooter, who carried 100 rounds of ammunition and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches, according to authorities, was to kill FRC employees and smear the sandwiches on their faces as a protest against FRC’s alleged anti-gay agenda. Corkins has since pled guilty to several crimes, including committing an act of terrorism with the intent to kill, and prosecutors are seeking a 45-year sentence.

While several gay-rights groups condemned the actions of Corkins, the FRC has been battling with the Southern Poverty Law Center, a left-wing civil rights organization that has labeled the FRC a “hate group” for spreading “propaganda” about the LGBT community.

FRC has been trying to tie the SPLC to the actions of Corkins, and it did so again on Thursday with the release of a video that first shows Corkins entering FRC headquarters, then reaching into his backpack and pulling out a pistol.

The two-minute video also includes a struggle, and it shows Corkins shooting Johnson. The video then jumps to the FBI interrogation of Corkins where FRC says his attack was motivated by the claim of “Southern Poverty Law” that FRC is a hate group.

The SPLC did not respond to a request for comment, but a statement at its website from senior fellow Mark Potok shortly after the shooting calls the episode “a tragedy” and says that the SPLC “deplores all violence.” It also says: “The SPLC has listed the FRC as a hate group since 2010 because it has knowingly spread false and denigrating propaganda about LGBT people – not, as some claim, because it opposes same-sex marriage.”

Beyond its efforts at cleaning up television, the FRC promotes traditional marriage, lobbies against abortion and takes a host of conservative political positions.

Yup, trying the shame a rival who happened to mislabeled them a hate group that provided materials to a shooter. 

Let’s focus our attention back to how the shooter confessed to using materials from Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to help him select his target. It is shameful for SPLC to be associated by the shooter.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:14 PM, singalion said:

More condemnation and pointing to inconsistencies in reasoning by media outlets on Perkin's blame game on SPLC:

The challenge of assigning blame

Aug. 17, 2012, 4:45 AM +08

Floyd Lee Corkins II is in custody, accused of shooting an unarmed guard at the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., yesterday. According to all accounts, Corkins was motivated by his political opposition to the FRC's far-right, anti-gay message, and the gunman carried ammunition and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in his backpack during the attack.

Fortunately, the victim, Leo Johnson, will recover and no one was hurt, but the incident could have been much worse had Johnson not unarmed Corkins. Today, the group's president, former Republican lawmaker Tony Perkins, held a press event responding to the incident.

[Perkins] said the Southern Poverty Law Center and other groups gave "license" to a shooter who injured a security guard at the conservative religious policy and lobbying organization's headquarters on Wednesday.In a news conference addressing the incident and the arrest of the alleged shooter, Floyd Corkins II, Perkins said: "Let me be clear that Floyd Corkins was responsible for firing the shots yesterday that wounded one of our colleagues ... but Corkins was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center that have been reckless in labeling organizations 'hate groups' because they disagree with them on public policy."

Perkins noted that plenty of LGBT organizations issued statements condemning Corkins' violence, and he "appreciates" the sentiments, adding that he hopes they will "join us in calling for an end to the reckless rhetoric that I believe led to yesterday's incident."

The bigger picture is quite more nuanced than Perkins seems willing to acknowledge. The Southern Poverty Law Center has condemned the Family Research Council's anti-gay work because, well, the Family Research Council does a lot of anti-gay work -- enough for the SPLC to label the FRC a "hate" group.

For Perkins, there's a chain of events that points to causality -- the SPLC condemned the FRC for its anti-gay work; Corkins may have seen the SPLC's condemnation; the suspected gunman was apparently deranged enough to want to commit acts of violence against his perceived enemy; ergo the SPLC bears some responsibility for Corkins' actions.

Consider this tragic violence in 2008 from Tennessee, for example.

A man accused of fatally shooting two adults and wounding seven others at a Knoxville church told police the church's liberal teachings prompted him to attack, according to court papers.Jim David Adkisson told investigators all liberals should be killed and admitted he shot people Sunday morning at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by CNN affiliate WBIR.

[...]According to the affidavit requesting to search Adkisson's home, the suspect told investigators liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country. Adkisson also blamed Democrats for the country's decline, according to the affidavit.

When investigators searched the murder's home, they found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by Bill O'Reilly.

Did Savage, Hannity, and O'Reilly give, to use Tony Perkins' word, "license" to the madman to shoot nine unarmed, innocent people in a church? Of course not. Savage, Hannity, and O'Reilly are free to share their political opinions, and so long as they don't incite acts of violence, it's unfair to blame them for the actions of a madman.

Indeed, Perkins has been deeply critical of all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons. If some sick individual heard those criticisms and decided to commit and act of violence, Perkins wouldn't be responsible, either.

I'm a little surprised Perkins pushed this argument today, and I have to wonder if, once people have a chance to catch their breath and reflect on yesterday's violence, he might reconsider.

=> The article rightly points out how absurd the claim of Family Research Council's president is!

The article rightly points out how we should be discerning about opinions of media employees with no legal authority and how misplaced their priorities are. Instead of condemning the shooter’s action and condemning Southern Poverty Law Center, they went on to attack the leadership of the organisation which the shooter targeted. How ironic and tragic. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:35 PM, 7heaven said:

The video shows the confession from the terrorist who used materials from Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) website to choose his target. As a result, SPLC facilitated the violence and hate actions because of its website. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:49 PM, 7heaven said:

Yes, Singalion, let's not use your usual tactic of distraction.

How does Healthline got to do with Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) putting up materials in it’s website that led to a terrorist using this material to commit violence against others? 

In case others got distracted by Singalion, let’s listen again to the confession of the terrorist who admitted to using SPLC materials to commit crime.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, 7heaven said:

Yup, trying the shame a rival who happened to mislabeled them a hate group that provided materials to a shooter. 

Let’s focus our attention back to how the shooter confessed to using materials from Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to help him select his target. It is shameful for SPLC to be associated by the shooter.

Noted again that 7heaven fell into his impulse driven by his insanity to repeat same content over and over!

There is no real novel content in 7heaven's last posts.

BW readers may draw their own conclusions on 7heaven's mental state. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:35 PM, 7heaven said:

On 5/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, 7heaven said:

Does the fact that Corkins had accessed SPLC's website 10 days prior to the attack and the alleged investigation video establish any valid link to SPLC?

No, it doesn't. 

Why is the President of Family Research Council the only one that tries to imply fault of SPLC?

If SPLC is seriously liable for the attack of Corkins on 15 August 2012, why was the Director of SPLC never indicted or charged?

Please explain 7heaven. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, singalion said:

Does the fact that Corkins had accessed SPLC's website 10 days prior to the attack and the alleged investigation video establish any valid link to SPLC?

No, it doesn't. 

Why is the President of Family Research Council the only one that tries to imply fault of SPLC?

If SPLC is seriously liable for the attack of Corkins on 15 August 2012, why was the Director of SPLC never indicted or charged?

Please explain 7heaven. 

That my view is the correct one has been confirmed by plenty of articles. 

Even law professor came to same conclusion, namely;

The Southern Poverty Law Center carries no fault on the attack by Floyd Lee Corkins!

Substantiation:

1)

One legal expert said Perkins seems to be inconsistent in deciding which battles to pick.

Perkins was using Wednesday's shooting "to pose a false equivalency between the SPLC's criticisms of the FRC and the FRC's criticisms of LGBT people,". "The FRC routinely pushes out demonizing claims that gay people are child molesters and worse -- claims that are provably false. It should stop the demonization and affirm the dignity of all people."

2) 

The bigger picture is quite more nuanced than Perkins seems willing to acknowledge. The Southern Poverty Law Center has condemned the Family Research Council's anti-gay work because, well, the Family Research Council does a lot of anti-gay work -- enough for the SPLC to label the FRC a "hate" group.

For Perkins, there's a chain of events that points to causality -- the SPLC condemned the FRC for its anti-gay work; Corkins may have seen the SPLC's condemnation; the suspected gunman was apparently deranged enough to want to commit acts of violence against his perceived enemy; ergo the SPLC bears some responsibility for Corkins' actions.

It's unfair to blame them for the actions of a madman.

3)

FRC has been trying to tie the SPLC to the actions of Corkins, and it did so again on Thursday with the release of a video that shows Corkins .

Family Research Council, a conservative organization that also opposes same-sex marriage, is trying to shame a rival.

Edited by singalion

On 5/19/2022 at 10:21 PM, singalion said:

Noted again that 7heaven fell into his impulse driven by his insanity to repeat same content over and over!

There is no real novel content in 7heaven's last posts.

BW readers may draw their own conclusions on 7heaven's mental state. 

Noted again that when Singalion is caught diverting attention and distracting, he will engage in personal attacks. 

Readers may draw their own conclusions on Singalion’s litany of tactics. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, singalion said:

No, it doesn't. 

Please explain 7heaven. 

Please explain Singalion why did Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) without authority and it is not a law enforcement would mislabel another organisation a hate group. As a result of SPLC action, a gullible person went to shoot at the employees of the mislabeled organisation. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:59 PM, singalion said:

That my view is the correct one has been confirmed by plenty of articles. 

Even law professor came to same conclusion, namely;

The Southern Poverty Law Center carries no fault on the attack by Floyd Lee Corkins!

Substantiation:

1)

One legal expert said Perkins seems to be inconsistent in deciding which battles to pick.

Perkins was using Wednesday's shooting "to pose a false equivalency between the SPLC's criticisms of the FRC and the FRC's criticisms of LGBT people,". "The FRC routinely pushes out demonizing claims that gay people are child molesters and worse -- claims that are provably false. It should stop the demonization and affirm the dignity of all people."

2) 

The bigger picture is quite more nuanced than Perkins seems willing to acknowledge. The Southern Poverty Law Center has condemned the Family Research Council's anti-gay work because, well, the Family Research Council does a lot of anti-gay work -- enough for the SPLC to label the FRC a "hate" group.

For Perkins, there's a chain of events that points to causality -- the SPLC condemned the FRC for its anti-gay work; Corkins may have seen the SPLC's condemnation; the suspected gunman was apparently deranged enough to want to commit acts of violence against his perceived enemy; ergo the SPLC bears some responsibility for Corkins' actions.

It's unfair to blame them for the actions of a madman.

3)

FRC has been trying to tie the SPLC to the actions of Corkins, and it did so again on Thursday with the release of a video that shows Corkins .

Family Research Council, a conservative organization that also opposes same-sex marriage, is trying to shame a rival.

lol. The plenty of articles are merely opinions of media employees who are echo chambers of each other. 

Let’s listen to what the terrorist confessed to; that he has used information on Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) website to pick his target. 

SPLC deserves all the criticism that they receive. 

I just finished watching my recording of yesterday's  "The Late Show" by Stephen Colbert.

He interviewed here our Secretary of State Antony Blinken.  I am so highly impressed!   I like Biden's Cabinet,  like Blinken, Buttigieg, Austin, even more than I like him.  Biden has surrounded himself with really excellent individuals who do the important government work. 

You should watch this interview of Blinken by Colbert, if you can.  The man shows so much HUMANITY!  He speaks well, he is smart, and also good looking.   What a contrast with this treasonous obese fart Mike Pompeio, a deceiver and liar who matched the Liar in Chief Trump.  Or this oligarch Rex Tillerson, whose only good deed was to call Trump a MORON. Or this woman Condoleezza Rice, who ignored the warnings about 9-11, but at least she is said to play the piano well.  Or this woman Hillary Clinton, who had more arrogance than the capacity of Blinken.  

Oh... I found parts of this interview on YouTube:

And here there is an older video, an interview of Antony Blinken by 60 Minutes:

(oh... I saw in this video that Blinken is also one of us lefties!  No wonder he is smart, ha ha...  I have also learned that Blinken is of Ukrainian descendance, quite interesting)

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest
On 5/20/2022 at 5:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

I just finished watching my recording of yesterday's  "The Late Show" by Stephen Colbert.

He interviewed here our Secretary of State Antony Blinken.  I am so highly impressed!   I like Biden's Cabinet,  like Blinken, Buttigieg, Austin, even more than I like him.  Biden has surrounded himself with really excellent individuals who do the important government work. 

You should watch this interview of Blinken by Colbert, if you can.  The man shows so much HUMANITY!  He speaks well, he is smart, and also good looking.   What a contrast with this treasonous obese fart Mike Pompeio, a deceiver and liar who matched the Liar in Chief Trump.  Or this oligarch Rex Tillerson, whose only good deed was to call Trump a MORON. Or this woman Condoleezza Rice, who ignored the warnings about 9-11, but at least she is said to play the piano well.  Or this woman Hillary Clinton, who had more arrogance than the capacity of Blinken.  

(oh... I saw in this video that Blinken is also one of us lefties!  No wonder he is smart, ha ha...  I have also learned that Blinken is of Ukrainian descendance, quite interesting)

"I like Biden's Cabinet,  like Blinken, Buttigieg, Austin, even more than I like him"?? It's hilarious how you like the side dishes and the desserts, without ever mentioning the entrée. It's almost like a kid! LOL!

And oh.... what kind of adult says this "oh... I saw in this video that Blinken is also one of us lefties!  No wonder he is smart"?

On 5/20/2022 at 5:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

Blinken like his former boss John Kerry when he was Deputy Secretary of State did not manage to dissuade Russia from attacking its neighbour.

During Kerry’s time under Obama and VP Biden, they were not able to prevent Russia from annexing Crimea. Now, it’s deja vu where Anthony Blinken is Secretary of State under Biden and were likewise unable to dissuade Russia from attacking Ukraine. 

Moreover, Blinken was not able to persuade 2 or 3 leaders from Middle East to pick up Biden’s call last year. Biden as US President was snubbed by these leaders. How intelligent and competent indeed! 

And now John Kerry as Biden’s Special Presidential Envoy for Climate seems very silent on Biden release of millions and millions of barrels of oil from strategic reserves and Biden pleading of more output from opec+ last year.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:51 PM, Guest Guest said:

"I like Biden's Cabinet,  like Blinken, Buttigieg, Austin, even more than I like him"?? It's hilarious how you like the side dishes and the desserts, without ever mentioning the entrée. It's almost like a kid! LOL!

And oh.... what kind of adult says this "oh... I saw in this video that Blinken is also one of us lefties!  No wonder he is smart"?

What's hilarious in liking the desserts?  I have to confess that the child in me likes more the chocolate mousse or chocolate ice cream than the lentils.   But the adult me... eats the healthy lentils.  And the adult in me has found a correlation between smartness and being left handed. Many US Presidents are / were lefthanded, Gerald Ford, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama.  I am also left handed, but without any interest to be a US President.  

On 5/20/2022 at 9:01 AM, Steve5380 said:

What's hilarious in liking the desserts?  I have to confess that the child in me likes more the chocolate mousse or chocolate ice cream than the lentils.   But the adult me... eats the healthy lentils.  And the adult in me has found a correlation between smartness and being left handed. Many US Presidents are / were lefthanded, Gerald Ford, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama.  I am also left handed

What a confused litany of I "like this but I prefer this etc..." Seems like @Steve5380 finally needs to go back to a diet of baby formula. Ooops - I forgot. The USA has all but run out of infant baby formula and is now having to import it. So much for @Steve5380's often quoted hope that the USA will soon become self sufficient so that it does not need to import goods from countries like China.

Well, now Biden has had to invoke the Defense Production Act - for baby formula???? Defense = baby formula? The Russians, Chinese, North Koreans and other countries who are not friends of the USA must be laughing their heads off. What a total joke! That's what comes when the USA permits cartels of just 4 companies to control 90% of a market and one of the cartel has to stop production because at least 2 babies died after ingesting it. Worse, the country has major tariff barriers that stopped imports to increase the cartel's profits!

Now the USA has to send special cargo planes to import baby formula from Switzerland, the Netherlands and other countries. Yet the shortage will still continue for at least several more weeks. Maybe they could serve babies watered down chocolate mousse instead. Wahahahaha!

On 5/19/2022 at 11:30 PM, 7heaven said:

Noted again that when Singalion is caught diverting attention and distracting, he will engage in personal attacks. 

Readers may draw their own conclusions on Singalion’s litany of tactics. 

Rule of Cause and reaction.

The cause is your excessive repetitions.

It has nothing to do with any tactic. I am just pointing to your behaviorial traits.

Such repetitions can be caused by mental issues.

Nobody needs to repeat the exactly same post.

I have not seen any other Member at BW before that repeats the exactly same items over and over without placing any single new content.

But you 7heaven repeat the same over and over.

However, you 7heaven have already managed to excessively repeat the exactly same posts more than 30 times here.

Who would think that such behaviour reflects a sane person or it would be any sane behaviour?

On 5/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, 7heaven said:

Please explain Singalion why did Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) without authority and it is not a law enforcement would mislabel another organisation a hate group. As a result of SPLC action, a gullible person went to shoot at the employees of the mislabeled organisation. 

Healthline doesn't have any authority to list the unhealthiest junk foods also.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/unhealthiest-junk-foods

The 15 Unhealthiest Junk Foods in America

“Junk food” refers to processed foods that have little nutritional value. Indeed, some may contain downright harmful ingredients.

Why does it need an authority to identify hate groups?

As said before, there are plenty of organisations or institutions that do rankings.

Would anyone sane blame the institution that runs the "happiest people" in the world ranking if a disgruntled person goes on a shooting spree into their office because his country was listed down 10 places in the ranking???

But you forgot, US law enforcement agencies cooperate with Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and use their hate group list as reference.

For example the FBI, the US military, Department of Justice, Office of Justice all cooperate with SPLC and have joint courses, seminars and other exchanges.

These authorities have taken the hate group classification of SPLC as their main base for identifying hate in the US.

The cooperation from the US Federal government continued during the Trump administration.

Do you think the US Government would work with a doubtful organisation?

We are aware that in 2018 an organisation and lobby group, namely the Quilliam Foundation was able to achieve the removal as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)  from the hate group listing and map after the Quilliam Foundation initiated a defamation suit against Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) .

This means that there is a remedy against any mislabeling by SPLC.

Why do Alliance Defending Freedom and the Family Research Council do not initiate any defamation suit against SPLC also?

7heaven, please explain to BW readers why Alliance Defending Freedom and the Family Research Council since they had been listed as a hate group by SPLC in 2010 never initiated any court proceedings for mislabeling against SPLC?

Can you tell us why both organisations never did?

Edited by singalion

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter