Jump to content
Pulse  Clinic

All USA Political Discussions (Compiled)


oralb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cannot leave everything to the leader, of course if the leader can advise that's good,  if cannot we should use our own brain. 

 

By early March,  the covid situation in SG is getting worse but the garment still insists healthy people don't need to wear mask. I don't trust them, just go online and order a box @ $38 and still hoping that it will not be a scam. 2 weeks later, when my mask arrived, I start wearing them.  Garment only make it compulsory on 7/4 together with the CB.

 

The morale of the story,  when leader got no brain,  use your own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, InBangkok said:

Just to be clear, I am not the American you refer to. But you know for almost the first time I agree with you. Yes, Trump should have indeed bought a gun. And since he was the one most against wearing masks, the first person he should have shot was himself - in the head!

Who elected him and gave him the power?  😆

 

He doesn't need a gun. He needs to reward himself for his ability to become President

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, InBangkok said:

Yes, Trump should have indeed bought a gun. And since he was the one most against wearing masks, the first person he should have shot was himself - in the head!

 

Excuse me? Trump was the one most against wearing masks?? Are you sure? Yes, he couldn't care if people wants to put on masks or not, but to claim that he was against wearing masks is an upfront lie. You and all your lies. Don't confuse a white man to be men-in-white. MIWs were the ones against wearing masks, OK? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Excuse me? Trump was the one most against wearing masks?? Are you sure? Yes, he couldn't care if people wants to put on masks or not, but to claim that he was against wearing masks is an upfront lie. You and all your lies. Don't confuse a white man to be men-in-white. MIWs were the ones against wearing masks, OK? 

The amusing thing is this....did Trump issue an order for mask NOT to be worn?  No!  Americans have the FREEDOM to choose right?  

 

Information is so easily accessible these days, and they see with their own eyes the number of casualties, if Americans still CHOOSE to ignore these information and still CHOOSE to listen to/follow Trump in not wearing mask, then don't complain or accuse Trump.

 

They CHOSE to listen to an "idiot", then blame themselves.  Take ownership of their own decision.  If Trump asked them to eat shit and they want to, that is their choice.  

 

Trump's take is "biz as usual".  I am not saying he is right, but is this stand or approach "uniquely" his? No!  There are so many protestors worldwide when countries decide to shut down. Their stand is similar to Trump. So don't push all the blame to him.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The amusing thing is this....did Trump issue an order for mask NOT to be worn?  No!  Americans have the FREEDOM to choose right?  

 

Information is so easily accessible these days, and they see with their own eyes the number of casualties, if Americans still CHOOSE to ignore these information and still CHOOSE to listen to/follow Trump in not wearing mask, then don't complain or accuse Trump.

 

They CHOSE to listen to an "idiot", then blame themselves.  Take ownership of their own decision.  If Trump asked them to eat shit and they want to, that is their choice.  

 

Trump's take is "biz as usual".  I am not saying he is right, but is this stand or approach "uniquely" his? No!  There are so many protestors worldwide when countries decide to shut down. Their stand is similar to Trump. So don't push all the blame to him.

 

 

Like parents have the task to restrict and discipline their children, governments need to regulate, restrict their habitants so that the rights of the community are not violated by alleged rights of individuals.

 

Take the case of driving.  Imagine if Trump would repeal all speed limits and all requirements of driver licenses! The toll would be tremendous, with tremendous loss of life and goods.  All his lunatic followers would claim that it is their personal right to drive their cars, at whatever speed they please, and,  who is the government to curtail their personal liberties?

 

The same happens with masks.  Americans should have the freedom to choose wearing masks when they are alone, away from anyone else.  But they need to wear them to protect other people who are in their vicinity.  This is indisputable, but Trump ENCOURAGED people to do away with the precautionary mandates. He LIED to them by telling them that the virus is not serious, not more than a flu virus, and that few people if any at all die from the coronavirus. And he LIED when he told them that "we are turning the corner".  He LIED about the need for testing, he LIED when he said that high rate of infection comes from testing.  He LIED when he said that children are immune. 

 

But I agree that Trump's LYING is his "business as usual".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Like parents have the task to restrict and discipline their children, governments need to regulate, restrict their habitants so that the rights of the community are not violated by alleged rights of individuals.

 

Take the case of driving.  Imagine if Trump would repeal all speed limits and all requirements of driver licenses! The toll would be tremendous, with tremendous loss of life and goods.  All his lunatic followers would claim that it is their personal right to drive their cars, at whatever speed they please, and,  who is the government to curtail their personal liberties?

 

The same happens with masks.  Americans should have the freedom to choose wearing masks when they are alone, away from anyone else.  But they need to wear them to protect other people who are in their vicinity.  This is indisputable, but Trump ENCOURAGED people to do away with the precautionary mandates. He LIED to them by telling them that the virus is not serious, not more than a flu virus, and that few people if any at all die from the coronavirus. And he LIED when he told them that "we are turning the corner".  He LIED about the need for testing, he LIED when he said that high rate of infection comes from testing.  He LIED when he said that children are immune. 

 

But I agree that Trump's LYING is his "business as usual".

Please, you made Americans appear so stupid. What age are we in? Information is everywhere!

 

Americans talk about freedom in speech, claiming China's news censorship etc....  like I said and it is not rocket science, Americans have assess to the necessary information and they can see their fellow Americans infected with Covid 19.  If they choose not to believe in all these and are willing to believe in a lie, who is to blame?

 

If they like to believe so much in Trump, now Trump says he won the election, congratulate him and let him run office.

 

If Americans are so gullible and are willing to believe in lies, then this will go on, whether it is Trump or Biden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Please, you made Americans appear so stupid. What age are we in? Information is everywhere!

 

Americans talk about freedom in speech, claiming China's news censorship etc....  like I said and it is not rocket science, Americans have assess to the necessary information and they can see their fellow Americans infected with Covid 19.  If they choose not to believe in all these and are willing to believe in a lie, who is to blame?

 

If they like to believe so much in Trump, now Trump says he won the election, congratulate him and let him run office.

 

If Americans are so gullible and are willing to believe in lies, then this will go on, whether it is Trump or Biden.

 

It is the same here with your claims that your government has to take away money from you to pay for medical care of foreigners who got infected with covid.  Who washed your brains like that?  Cannot you read everywhere the huge wealth your government receives from multiple sources?  Or is your opinion just a malevolent distortion to favor some nationalistic ideology of yours?

 

In the same way, the opinion of the pro-trump could be just a malevolent distortion to favor their ideology.  Although those who expose themselves to covid by attending Trump's rallies and demonstrations must be definitely stupid.

 

But regardless,  Trump was able to arouse a large segment of the conservative, even religious conservative unprincipled Americans with his promise of greatness, in the same way Hitler was able to arouse the militaristic Germans with his promise of "Deutschland Uber Alles" and his empire of a thousand years.  Like Hitler, Trump is a troubled abominable species of human, risen to power like one more calamity that can randomly fall on society.

.

Edited by Steve5380
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wilfgene said:

 

By the way, it only occurred to me the day before yesterday.  Argentina used to be one of, if not the second biggest economy in the world where Onassis made money to woo Callas.  Any comparison to the present USA?

 

 

You may confuse Argentina with some other country.  My country had a good economy in the days during and after WWII due to its supply of agricultural products to a hungry world.   After the populist regime of president Peron the economy went south, and has not recovered since.

 

10 hours ago, nicjude said:

You know, you don't have to start a thread just because Americans voted a not-Trump into office. It was going to happen at some point. Their voting patterns are so erratic that you have to wonder if it's just Trump who's crazy, or that entire country. 

 

Our voting patterns ARE NOT erratic.  It fluctuates between the two parties, and it has served us well since America is the strongest economic and military power and has a decent standard of human rights.  But Trump is a unique phenomenon in our history,  never had a president acted so careless, so capricious, so malignant.  President Nixon was a crook (although he said he was not), but not such a low life as Trump. 

 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

So convenient to demolish the credits of Trump in bringing up the economy. As for the covid19 infections, you can ask "Why" ? You have to thank the civil liberties that you foolish American wanted to be free of masks etc. Go for rallies and all your COVID19 parties some more. Yeah, Trump should have signed an executive order to shoot anyone without a mask on sight. Let's see what you will have to say then. Let's see what Biden can do. 

 

 

Demolish which credits to Trump?  Credit for the bullish stock market?  This does not reflect the economy.  Never ever have been here such lines in front of food banks by hungry Americans who could perish for insufficient income. It is a FACT that the economy and employment grew steadily under Obama.  And it is a FACT that Trump destroyed the task force to fight infectious diseases put up by Obama, and pooped on the recommendations Obama gave him to cope with a possible pandemic.  And you still defend this guy ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

 

It is the same here with your claims that your government has to take away money from you to pay for medical care of foreigners who got infected with covid.  Who washed your brains like that?  Cannot you read everywhere the huge wealth your government receives from multiple sources?  Or is your opinion just a malevolent distortion to favor some nationalistic ideology of yours?

 

In the same way, the opinion of the pro-trump could be just a malevolent distortion to favor their ideology.  Although those who expose themselves to covid by attending Trump's rallies and demonstrations must be definitely stupid.

 

But regardless,  Trump was able to arouse a large segment of the conservative, even religious conservative unprincipled Americans with his promise of greatness, in the same way Hitler was able to arouse the militaristic Germans with his promise of "Deutschland Uber Alles" and his empire of a thousand years.  Like Hitler, Trump is a troubled abominable species of human, risen to power like one more calamity that can randomly fall on society.

.

Excuse me, I did not make any claims about my government. Don't put words into my mouth simply because you cannot win an argument.

 

That's why I said you are just like Trump and you deserve Trump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

It appears that Blowing Wind attracts a subset of readers who, just like Trump, have no sense of humour and don't understand sarcasm -- along with those who are fooled by "tough talk" which doesn't match the true actions being taken -- and would be better served to watch what they do, not what they say, as MSNBC host Rachel Maddow often likes to remind her viewers.

 

Trump acting "tough on the PRC" is just that -- an act -- while he and his children have been secretly raking in millions of dollars through under-the-table business deals with them (as well as multiple Middle Eastern countries -- despite constantly ranting about the so-called threat of Islamist terrorism in his speeches -- to throw casual listeners off the scent) over the last five years.

 

On 11/9/2020 at 12:59 AM, Guest Guest said:

 While you have seen Trump addressed the nation and the world on public telecast with speeches of a 10 year old spoilt brat, and reasoning of a fool, have you seen the dementia tendencies of Biden is his public speeches, right down to the time when he addressed Donald Trump as Abraham Lincoln during the live Presidential Debate?

 

'Abraham Lincoln over here': Donald Trump misses Joe Biden's joke after US President claims he's 'least racist person in room'
By Sean Morrison | 23 October 2020

 

Joe Biden sarcastically compared Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln during their final US election debate - and the president didn’t get the joke.

 

Mr. Trump said he had done more for the black community than any other US leader, with the exception of Lincoln.

“I’m the least racist person in this room,” the president added.

 

What followed amounted to one of the most memorable exchanges of Thursday night’s showdown in Nashville, Tennessee.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Evening Standard website.]

 

The moment sparked a meltdown on Twitter, with social media users jumping to poke fun at Mr. Tump for missing the joke.

 

“Trump interpreting Joe’s drag ‘Abraham Lincoln here’ as literal is the funniest thing this year. He’s never heard a joke,” one user wrote.

 

Another said: "Who won the debate ... Abraham Lincoln, for sure."

 

"Bold of Trump to worry that someone would confuse him with Abraham Lincoln," another said.

 

On 11/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, TanTan1987 said:

作为一个中国人, 我可以说 You definitely have no idea about China-US relationship .... You also had no idea how much CCP hates Trump. Biden taking over Trump is like a wet dream for China. For sure Biden would be doing exact what he had done as vice president: NOTHING.

 

The Sad Truth About President Trump’s “Tough” China Policy
Bryan Riley | June 15, 2020

 

It not only failed to contain the spread of COVID-19, but its pattern of deception and obfuscation wasted valuable time that countries like the U.S. could have used to help fight the disease. These are the actions of an adversary, not a friend.

 

In the realm of trade policy, the most prevalent response to these actions has been for politicians to posture to see who can be the “toughest.” This includes Joe Biden, who said the United States should “get tough on China,” and President Donald Trump, who said “I was very tough with China.”

 

In reality, President Trump’s trade policy with respect to China has not been “tough.” It has been costly and counterproductive, strengthening China’s hand in global relations.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the National Taxpayers Union Foundation website.]

 

The administration’s much-hyped phase one trade deal with China failed to secure any reductions in Chinese retaliatory tariffs on U.S. exports. The Trump administration apparently thought the deal was so weak that it didn’t merit any reduction in U.S. tariffs, either.

 

Many adjectives can be used to describe the Trump administration’s trade policies — costly, ineffective, counter-productive, or misguided — but no one should call them “tough.”

 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:53 PM, lonelyglobe said:

I think so, Biden win = China win. This election is not about choosing Trump or Biden but more like voting for "like Trump" or "don't like Trump". Like Trump probably will support what he did to China. Anyway he still got 2 more months to create havoc 😅

 

DONALD “TOUGH ON CHINA” TRUMP HAS A SECRET CHINESE BANK ACCOUNT
BESS LEVIN | OCTOBER 21, 2020

 

When he hasn’t been demonizing immigrants, screaming about “Democrat run cities,” or gutting regulations created to combat climate change, Donald Trump has focused much of the last four years on supposedly fighting China like no other president has had the guts to.

 

Despite having nothing to show for this alleged hardline with Beijing — the president’s trade war has cost U.S. taxpayers, and he praised President Xi Jinping as the coronavirus spread across the globe — with the 2020 election fast approaching, Trump has spent months insisting that if Joe Biden wins, America will be in bed with the authoritarian nation.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Vanity Fair website.]

 

Of course, as we know from Biden’s tax returns, which he released in contrast to Trump, the former vice president doesn’t have any income from or business dealings with China. But you know who does? The New York Times has an idea:

 

... it turns out that China is one of only three foreign nations — the others are Britain and Ireland — where Mr. Trump maintains a bank account, according to an analysis of the president’s tax records ... The foreign accounts do not show up on Mr. Trump’s public financial disclosures, where he must list personal assets, because they are held under corporate names. The identities of the financial institutions are not clear.

 

The Chinese account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management LLC, which the tax records show paid $188,561 in taxes in China while pursuing licensing deals there from 2013 to 2015.

 

In 2017, the company reported an unusually large spike in revenue — some $17.5 million, more than the previous five years combined. It was accompanied by a $15.1 million withdrawal by Mr. Trump from the company’s capital account.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Vanity Fair website.]

 

So yes, there’s definitely someone running for president who is “WEAK” on China, but it’s not Joe Biden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

It appears that Blowing Wind attracts a subset of readers who, just like Trump, have no sense of humour and don't understand sarcasm -- along with those who are fooled by "tough talk" which doesn't match the true actions being taken -- and would be better served to watch what they do, not what they say, as MSNBC host Rachel Maddow often likes to remind her viewers.

 

Trump acting "tough on the PRC" is just that -- an act -- while he and his children have been secretly raking in millions of dollars through under-the-table business deals with them (as well as multiple Middle Eastern countries -- despite constantly ranting about the so-called threat of Islamist terrorism in his speeches -- to throw casual listeners off the scent) over the last five years.

 

 

'Abraham Lincoln over here': Donald Trump misses Joe Biden's joke after US President claims he's 'least racist person in room'
By Sean Morrison | 23 October 2020

 

Joe Biden sarcastically compared Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln during their final US election debate - and the president didn’t get the joke.

 

Mr. Trump said he had done more for the black community than any other US leader, with the exception of Lincoln.

“I’m the least racist person in this room,” the president added.

 

What followed amounted to one of the most memorable exchanges of Thursday night’s showdown in Nashville, Tennessee.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Evening Standard website.]

 

The moment sparked a meltdown on Twitter, with social media users jumping to poke fun at Mr. Tump for missing the joke.

 

“Trump interpreting Joe’s drag ‘Abraham Lincoln here’ as literal is the funniest thing this year. He’s never heard a joke,” one user wrote.

 

Another said: "Who won the debate ... Abraham Lincoln, for sure."

 

"Bold of Trump to worry that someone would confuse him with Abraham Lincoln," another said.

 

 

The Sad Truth About President Trump’s “Tough” China Policy
Bryan Riley | June 15, 2020

 

It not only failed to contain the spread of COVID-19, but its pattern of deception and obfuscation wasted valuable time that countries like the U.S. could have used to help fight the disease. These are the actions of an adversary, not a friend.

 

In the realm of trade policy, the most prevalent response to these actions has been for politicians to posture to see who can be the “toughest.” This includes Joe Biden, who said the United States should “get tough on China,” and President Donald Trump, who said “I was very tough with China.”

 

In reality, President Trump’s trade policy with respect to China has not been “tough.” It has been costly and counterproductive, strengthening China’s hand in global relations.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the National Taxpayers Union Foundation website.]

 

The administration’s much-hyped phase one trade deal with China failed to secure any reductions in Chinese retaliatory tariffs on U.S. exports. The Trump administration apparently thought the deal was so weak that it didn’t merit any reduction in U.S. tariffs, either.

 

Many adjectives can be used to describe the Trump administration’s trade policies — costly, ineffective, counter-productive, or misguided — but no one should call them “tough.”

 

 

DONALD “TOUGH ON CHINA” TRUMP HAS A SECRET CHINESE BANK ACCOUNT
BESS LEVIN | OCTOBER 21, 2020

 

When he hasn’t been demonizing immigrants, screaming about “Democrat run cities,” or gutting regulations created to combat climate change, Donald Trump has focused much of the last four years on supposedly fighting China like no other president has had the guts to.

 

Despite having nothing to show for this alleged hardline with Beijing — the president’s trade war has cost U.S. taxpayers, and he praised President Xi Jinping as the coronavirus spread across the globe — with the 2020 election fast approaching, Trump has spent months insisting that if Joe Biden wins, America will be in bed with the authoritarian nation.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Vanity Fair website.]

 

Of course, as we know from Biden’s tax returns, which he released in contrast to Trump, the former vice president doesn’t have any income from or business dealings with China. But you know who does? The New York Times has an idea:

 

... it turns out that China is one of only three foreign nations — the others are Britain and Ireland — where Mr. Trump maintains a bank account, according to an analysis of the president’s tax records ... The foreign accounts do not show up on Mr. Trump’s public financial disclosures, where he must list personal assets, because they are held under corporate names. The identities of the financial institutions are not clear.

 

The Chinese account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management LLC, which the tax records show paid $188,561 in taxes in China while pursuing licensing deals there from 2013 to 2015.

 

In 2017, the company reported an unusually large spike in revenue — some $17.5 million, more than the previous five years combined. It was accompanied by a $15.1 million withdrawal by Mr. Trump from the company’s capital account.

 

[Read the rest of the article at the Vanity Fair website.]

 

So yes, there’s definitely someone running for president who is “WEAK” on China, but it’s not Joe Biden.

 

Please! Biden have already gained notoriety for calling people the wrong names in his dementia. On public stage, he has addressed his wife to be his sister and his sister to be his wife. Besides, there were no facial or tonal indication of any sarcasm if you had actually seen the video yourself. 

 

As for Trump holding on to some China bank account, that's one lame excuse to shame anyone. You tell me : which businessman who has any dealings in China can do without a bank account in China? 

 

But look at the case with Biden's son, Hunter Biden. He actually used his father's name and reputation to broker deals in China. If you feel Trump's attempt at bashing China is a farce, I wonder if Biden will even do anything at all with China when his Presidency starts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Please! Biden have already gained notoriety for calling people the wrong names in his dementia. On public stage, he has addressed his wife to be his sister and his sister to be his wife. Besides, there were no facial or tonal indication of any sarcasm if you had actually seen the video yourself. 

 

As for Trump holding on to some China bank account, that's one lame excuse to shame anyone. You tell me : which businessman who has any dealings in China can do without a bank account in China? 

 

But look at the case with Biden's son, Hunter Biden. He actually used his father's name and reputation to broker deals in China. If you feel Trump's attempt at bashing China is a farce, I wonder if Biden will even do anything at all with China when his Presidency starts. 

 

Your dementia is in posting dumb arguments to start a discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Please! Biden have already gained notoriety for calling people the wrong names in his dementia. On public stage, he has addressed his wife to be his sister and his sister to be his wife. Besides, there were no facial or tonal indication of any sarcasm if you had actually seen the video yourself. 

 

As for Trump holding on to some China bank account, that's one lame excuse to shame anyone. You tell me : which businessman who has any dealings in China can do without a bank account in China? 

 

But look at the case with Biden's son, Hunter Biden. He actually used his father's name and reputation to broker deals in China. If you feel Trump's attempt at bashing China is a farce, I wonder if Biden will even do anything at all with China when his Presidency starts. 

precisely,  having an official bank account in China is much better than no account in China but taking in millions of RMB aka kopi money.

 

China is famous for using Kopi money in the form of donation to achieve whatever they want to achieve, either to control politician or control world organisation.

 

Biden say he will bring China to follow the international rules but he forget there is no rule in China,  they set the rules for others to follow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Meanly Preacher
16 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

precisely, having an official bank account in China is much better than no account in China but taking in millions of RMB aka kopi money. China is famous for using Kopi money in the form of donation to achieve whatever they want to achieve, either to control politician or control world organisation. Biden say he will bring China to follow the international rules but he forget there is no rule in China, they set the rules for others to follow. 

 

According to the New York Times, it was not an "official" bank account, it was a "secret" bank account in China that Trump never disclosed to the American people. After he took office in 2017, Chinese businesses paid $17.5 million into Trump's secret bank account in China (more money than in the previous five years combined), while he publicly pretended that he was being tough against them. Trump is a lying con artist. Wake up.

 

I understand from reading your posts that you don't like the PRC, but Trump is not the answer to the problem, he's just not. Biden might be misguided in thinking he can force the PRC to follow international rules, but at least he will attempt to find real answers to the difficulties by working with other countries, even if their solutions come up short in the end.

 

Trump falsely claimed was being tough on the PRC, and cost US businesses millions of dollars, all while he was secretly accepting $17.5 million dollars from the PRC into his secret bank account. The only people he was actually tough on were US farmers who lost their markets because of his tariffs, which were paid by American busineses, not the PRC.

 

You need to distinguish between politicians making false promises while really doing the opposite. As Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator posted above, follow the advice of the MSNBC host, because believing lies will not solve the problems. Trump has actually made China stronger by freeing them up to dominate trade with other markets in Africa and South America, not to mention RCEP replacing the TPP here in Asia, and that is the truth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

 

According to the New York Times, it was not an "official" bank account, it was a "secret" bank account in China that Trump never disclosed to the American people. After he took office in 2017, Chinese businesses paid $17.5 million into Trump's secret bank account in China (more money than in the previous five years combined), while he publicly pretended that he was being tough against them. Trump is a lying con artist. Wake up.

 

I understand from reading your posts that you don't like the PRC, but Trump is not the answer to the problem, he's just not. Biden might be misguided in thinking he can force the PRC to follow international rules, but at least he will attempt to find real answers to the difficulties by working with other countries, even if their solutions come up short in the end.

 

Trump falsely claimed was being tough on the PRC, and cost US businesses millions of dollars, all while he was secretly accepting $17.5 million dollars from the PRC into his secret bank account. The only people he was actually tough on were US farmers who lost their markets because of his tariffs, which were paid by American busineses, not the PRC.

 

You need to distinguish between politicians making false promises while really doing the opposite. As Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator posted above, follow the advice of the MSNBC host, because believing lies will not solve the problems. Trump has actually made China stronger by freeing them up to dominate trade with other markets in Africa and South America, not to mention RCEP replacing the TPP here in Asia, and that is the truth.

 

Why would anyone need to declare where all his bank accounts are? Besides, do you know what is Trump's net worth? This $17.5 million dollars is even less than 1% of his entire $2.5 billion net worth. To us, $17.5 million may be a lot. But if a sum of money that is less than 1% of your entire net worth (including your house) goes into your bank account, should the tax authorities go hunt you down and question you?

 

And if you want to talk about the 2017 "unusual spike in revenue" in his bank account, you might want to know that the trade war with China started in 2018 ( https://www.china-briefing.com/news/the-us-china-trade-war-a-timeline/). For all that it is worth, you just provided evidence against yourself  that Trump was not lying and he really meant to go against China in the trade war, despite this "unusual spike in revenue". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

basically, americans voted Biden not bcos they want him, its just bcos they dowan Trump. U can replace Biden with any  tom dick n harry, and Trump will still lost. White supremacist shoud nt b president of any company, country, corporation etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, imran said:

basically, americans voted Biden not bcos they want him, its just bcos they dowan Trump. U can replace Biden with any  tom dick n harry, and Trump will still lost. White supremacist shoud nt b president of any company, country, corporation etc.

Precisely,  that's why i say trump did not lose to Biden,  he just lose to himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Precisely,  that's why i say trump did not lose to Biden,  he just lose to himself.

 

LOL!  this is a nice way to put it.  Hopefully he would recognize that he was the main culprit of his loss.  But with his twisted nature he will blame everyone and everything else on earth.  Poor guy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With much joy we read that the Trump administration has finally given the green light for the transition to begin.  

 

Elect-president Biden is disclosing his choices for some members of his cabinet.  These are experienced and competent people.  (what a change!)

Especially impressed I feel about the candidate to head the Department of Homeland Security, Alejandro Majorkas,  a Latino immigrant.  This should give hope that the Latino refugees at the southern border will be treated at last in a humane way!

 

Originally one would have thought that 2020 would be a good year, because it is a round number,  but now we can put our hopes on 2021.  A big recovery.  Now there are already 3 promising vaccines that can conquer the coronavirus early during the year,  if the situation of emergency with the virus does not become a disaster over the holidays. (when will so many Americans finally become adults and learn to choose their actions with some wisdom?)

 

 

Edited by Steve5380
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matureltrans68 said:

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

 

Exactly .... with Biden as the best Democrat candidate and the President-elect, it's basically out of the frying pan and straight into the fire for the whole country. I wonder when the euphoria end. 

 

 

Petition update · SBTC to FMCSA: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire? ·  Change.org

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Why? said:

Back to the same old same old boring way again.  At least, the past 4 years have been a very exciting years for American and the world.   Trump will be greatly missed by 50% of the Americans.

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

Steve is probably epitomising the American 'Hit the road and start all-over' mindset.  You've got the capital, not just the green backs to do so.  That Biden-Harris-Pelosi admits and confronts the problems, not just in the country is applaudable.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Matureltrans68 said:

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

 

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

 

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Exactly .... with Biden as the best Democrat candidate and the President-elect, it's basically out of the frying pan and straight into the fire for the whole country. I wonder when the euphoria end. 

 

 

It may happen instead that in 60 days Trump will be out of the frying pan he is now, and straight into the fire as he loses the immunity of president and falls straight into the hands of the civil and criminal law that will go after him.

 

Our euphoria may peak on January 20 when the new Administration will step in, and then it will slowly dissipate since we have so much work to do.

.

Edited by Steve5380
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator
On 11/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, Guest Guest said:

Why would anyone need to declare where all his bank accounts are? Besides, do you know what is Trump's net worth? This $17.5 million dollars is even less than 1% of his entire $2.5 billion net worth. To us, $17.5 million may be a lot. But if a sum of money that is less than 1% of your entire net worth (including your house) goes into your bank account, should the tax authorities go hunt you down and question you?

 

And if you want to talk about the 2017 "unusual spike in revenue" in his bank account, you might want to know that the trade war with China started in 2018 (https://www.china-briefing.com/news/the-us-china-trade-war-a-timeline/). For all that it is worth, you just provided evidence against yourself  that Trump was not lying and he really meant to go against China in the trade war, despite this "unusual spike in revenue". 

 

Since the 1970s, every US Democratic and Republican Presidential nominee has made their tax returns publicly available with one exception -- Trump -- and this is also the norm for Senate and House candidates. The fact that you don't know this proves you have no business commenting on American politics like you do. Such transparency became a necessity in the wake of Richard Nixon's resignation -- the only US President to resign from office in disgrace -- after the Watergate Scandal in which he was proven to have ordered and then covered-up a burglary at the Democratic Party's headquarters during the election of 1972. The extent of the crime was only realized after Nixon won re-election, and his cover-up made things worse, and he finally left office in shame. Americans demanded accountability and transparency in the aftermath.

 

So yes, the American people deserved to know exactly where a candidate to lead their country had bank accounts and any other business interests, to make sure he would not be a national security risk. Hillary released 40 years of her tax returns, more than any candidate in history, while Trump made weasly excuses about them being under audit (even though the IRS said an audit didn't mean he couldn't release copies to the public). Oh. And why were they under audit? Because according to his former lawyer Cohen, he falsely filed for a $10 million tax return that he did not actually qualify for, so you can expect to see him prosecuted for tax fraud after he leaves office. That is why he is still trying to steal an election that he clearly and obviously lost decisively. Billionaire? Ha! Bezos, Bloomberg, Buffet, and Gates are billionaires.

 

Since it wasn't mentioned by Guest Meanly Preacher, during the debate, Trump also lied about his secret PRC bank account. He falsely claimed he decided not to do business in the PRC and closed the account in 2015. But that is clearly not true since the New York Times reported that PRC businesses put $17.5 million into Trump's secret PRC bank account after he took office in 2017. If everything was so innocent, why did he lie at the debate, when the New York Times had already published the truth? The whole trade war is "kayfabe" as they say in WWE. Trump pretending to hurt the PRC, when he actually hurt American businesses, who were stuck paying tarriffs while losing their markets. Meanwhile the PRC bolstered their domestic propaganda with a fresh round of anti-American nationalism while also moving into new trade markets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

May be, Biden will also  serve just 1 term and Trump will return after 4 years, with renewed supporters.  You just never know for sure who is the ultimate winner in the great political scheme of thing.  By then, you are already as old as Biden and probably wouldn't care in your twilight years...hahahaha

Edited by Why?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Why? said:

May be, Biden will also  serve just 1 term and Trump will return after 4 years, with renewed supporters.  You just never know for sure who is the ultimate winner in the great political scheme of thing.  By then, you are already as old as Biden and probably wouldn't care in your twilight years...hahahaha

 

Oh, I won't have any problems in 4 years.  But will Trump?  He is already obese, who knows what he has left from the coronavirus,

and his head has not been well for the past 4 years, will it quit completely in the future?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

 

Since the 1970s, every US Democratic and Republican Presidential nominee has made their tax returns publicly available with one exception -- Trump -- and this is also the norm for Senate and House candidates. The fact that you don't know this proves you have no business commenting on American politics like you do. Such transparency became a necessity in the wake of Richard Nixon's resignation -- the only US President to resign from office in disgrace -- after the Watergate Scandal in which he was proven to have ordered and then covered-up a burglary at the Democratic Party's headquarters during the election of 1972. The extent of the crime was only realized after Nixon won re-election, and his cover-up made things worse, and he finally left office in shame. Americans demanded accountability and transparency in the aftermath.

 

So yes, the American people deserved to know exactly where a candidate to lead their country had bank accounts and any other business interests, to make sure he would not be a national security risk. Hillary released 40 years of her tax returns, more than any candidate in history, while Trump made weasly excuses about them being under audit (even though the IRS said an audit didn't mean he couldn't release copies to the public). Oh. And why were they under audit? Because according to his former lawyer Cohen, he falsely filed for a $10 million tax return that he did not actually qualify for, so you can expect to see him prosecuted for tax fraud after he leaves office. That is why he is still trying to steal an election that he clearly and obviously lost decisively. Billionaire? Ha! Bezos, Bloomberg, Buffet, and Gates are billionaires.

 

Since it wasn't mentioned by Guest Meanly Preacher, during the debate, Trump also lied about his secret PRC bank account. He falsely claimed he decided not to do business in the PRC and closed the account in 2015. But that is clearly not true since the New York Times reported that PRC businesses put $17.5 million into Trump's secret PRC bank account after he took office in 2017. If everything was so innocent, why did he lie at the debate, when the New York Times had already published the truth? The whole trade war is "kayfabe" as they say in WWE. Trump pretending to hurt the PRC, when he actually hurt American businesses, who were stuck paying tarriffs while losing their markets. Meanwhile the PRC bolstered their domestic propaganda with a fresh round of anti-American nationalism while also moving into new trade markets.

 

Aiyoh ...please lah... you think just because Hillary Clinton declared 40 years of her taxes means that she is squeaky clean? At the end of the day, her hidden servers still did her in, didn't they? Every single one of your Presidents will have some skeletons hidden in their closets. Guarantee me a crime-free and guilt-free POTUS and I will show you God. At the barest minimum, none of them goes around trying to hoodwink the electorate that they are "corruption free" and insist on "high pay" to stay that way. 

 

As for "tax evasion", you tell me which accountant will not do his best to squeeze whatever tax benefits out from the system, and I will show you one who is not doing his job. If Trump really got that "$10 million tax return that he did not actually qualify for", then how did the system managed to let him get it? 

 

Besides, if I have not gathered from what I read wrongly, those China bank accounts were supposed to be accounts managed by Trump's companies. Do you know just how many corporate bank accounts a single company can have? You think all those billionaires Bezos, Bloomberg, Buffet, and Gates keep track of every single bank accounts in their companies? As for the money that was transferred into the PRC bank accounts, we don't even know the true details as to what that money is meant for. Was that because he was disposing off his China assets? Was it because some PRCs rich billionaires insisted on giving him some of those famous big fat angbaos whether he wants them or not? The PRCs are notorious for that. There are a thousand and one reasons why money can flow into a bank account. Yes, a few tens of millions to us is a lot of money. But it is worth less than 1% of his total net assets for him to even blink an eye. 

 

For all the supposed farce that you claimed that he had of the trade war, the fact remains that he openly challenged China and signed off several trade embargo which serves a clear signal for China to back off. That and China's reaction proves that the trade war is real, no matter how fake of a show you want to claim it to be. Let's see Biden continue that, OK?

 

As for your comment that I "have no business commenting on American politics like you (I) do"... Hey, If you want this thread to be discussed strictly by the Americans, then go tick that Dirty Old Man @Steve5380 off for starting this topic here. It wasn't a local Singaporean who started this thread here on a local Singaporean forum, OK? If you really are an American, then it goes to show the extent of the American's stupidity and incapability in assigning blame and pinning fault on the right person. That was how Biden got elected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Oh, I won't have any problems in 4 years.  But will Trump?  He is already obese, who knows what he has left from the coronavirus,

and his head has not been well for the past 4 years, will it quit completely in the future?  

You are right, may be his daughter, Ivanka Trump, will return with greater revenge and become America's first woman president in the future?   I understand she has been of great help to his father during his presidency.  Surely, America needs a woman for a change, and I am not referring to your Hilarious Clinton.

Edited by Why?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Why? said:

You are right, may be his daughter, Ivanka Trump, will return with greater revenge and become America's first woman president in the future?   I understand she has been of great help to his father during his presidency.  Surely, America needs a woman for a change, and I am not referring to your Hilarious Clinton.

 

Are you confusing the government of the US with a monarchy?  Why should the children of presidents become presidents.  I know,  it happened with G.W. Bush and Bush junior, but we saw what a disaster this good-for-nothing was... wars here and there...

 

1 hour ago, tterrynick said:

Oh... yay... they are back to SAVE THE WORLD.... yada yada... 🤪🙄

The press conference announcing the cabinet was like a scene from some superheroes movies...

Ughhhh....

 

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

I do not need any history lesson from you and by the way, Singapore achievements was the great work of our pioneer generation of leaders as well as pioneer citizens of difference races working hard together here 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tterrynick said:

Oh... yay... they are back to SAVE THE WORLD.... yada yada... 🤪🙄

The press conference announcing the cabinet was like a scene from some superheroes movies...

Ughhhh....

Is more like Obama 2.0, while u won't expect ridiculous decision from them, but probably also don't expect too much from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Matureltrans68 said:

I do not need any history lesson from you and by the way, Singapore achievements was the great work of our pioneer generation of leaders as well as pioneer citizens of difference races working hard together here 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Are you confusing the government of the US with a monarchy?  Why should the children of presidents become presidents.  I know,  it happened with G.W. Bush and Bush junior, but we saw what a disaster this good-for-nothing was... wars here and there...

 

 

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

You probably confused Nepotism with Monarchy.  Bill Clinton also support his Hilarious wife 4 years ago for the presidency, Everything is possible because America pride itself being the land of the "FREE", so what is stopping you from voting someone who is genuinely talented from the private sector?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Why? said:

You probably confused Nepotism with Monarchy.  Bill Clinton also support his Hilarious wife 4 years ago for the presidency, Everything is possible because America pride itself being the land of the "FREE", so what is stopping you from voting someone who is genuinely talented from the private sector?

 

I agree that there is nepotism, like in other countries too.  Isn't there nepotism in Singapore too?   How about the son of Lee Kuan Yew?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

You can continue to BLAR BLAR  for all you want, since you started this thread. 

Just continue to be a good puppy to your ang mo master.....

Nice doggy... Good doggy.. Lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

 

If this is not white American supremacy, what is? I would have thought a person like him would be more supportive of Trump instead of Biden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

Better to know something about an historical figure before making assumptions, I think. Most people assumed Lord Louis Mountbatten was an upright figure, a fine soldier and leader of men who married one of the richest women in England. After all he was a great grandson of Queen Victoria.

 

Not sure about his being a thief but his honor was more than questionable and he was certainly a liar - big time. Both Mountbattens started to have affairs quite soon after their marriage. Her long affair with the leader of India, Nehru, was a well known scandal. Last year’s publication of a book about the couple made clear this was just the tip of the iceberg. Mountbatten was homosexual and a pedophile. Both were criminal offenses. A Freedom of Information request showed that an early 1940s FBI Intelligence dossier made when the British wanted Mountbatten to be the Supreme Allied Commander in South East Asia characterized the couple as “persons of extremely low morals”. Mountbatten had “a perversion for young boys.”

Edited by InBangkok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

 

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Is more like Obama 2.0, while u won't expect ridiculous decision from them, but probably also don't expect too much from them. 

Oh yes... only the great U.S of As can safe the world... like any of those Hollywood movies... shiok sendiri (i.e. self-masterbatory...)

What the past 4 years have shown is the world still spins with or without them.

Move on... the rest of the world are mighty capable of looking after themselves... no need anyone to come stir the pot and then tell them "ooppps sumthin's wrong, we gonna come in and help cha..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

I agree that there is nepotism, like in other countries too.  Isn't there nepotism in Singapore too?   How about the son of Lee Kuan Yew?

If you have been living in a country under dictatorship with poor leadership, surrounded by un-talented "Yes-men", you will actually find Trump quite likable.  How does one liking Trump becomes a bad wish for America?  Besides, a rich man like him is not being paid well (unlike our politician) to look after hundred of millions of American.  The last we heard, many young Americans have found jobs prior to the covit-19.  I can't say the same in Singapore.  Nepotism caused by dictatorship is not the same as Nepotism in a free country.  Their differences are so huge.

Edited by Why?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

If this is not white American supremacy, what is? I would have thought a person like him would be more supportive of Trump instead of Biden. 

 

There was racism involved,  in the post by this immature @Matureltrans68 racist:

 

10 hours ago, Matureltrans68 said:

 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

 

who says that the Ang Mohs from the west are all liars, warmongers and thieves.  You want more racism than that?

 

And I responded with real facts, not "American supremacy".  The Americans and British were not the warmongers, but the Germans and Japanese were the ones in WWII.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

There was racism involved,  in the post by this immature @Matureltrans68 racist:

 

 

who says that the Ang Mohs from the west are all liars, warmongers and thieves.  You want more racism than that?

 

And I responded with real facts, not "American supremacy".  The Americans and British were not the warmongers, but the Germans and Japanese were the ones in WWII.

with reference to modern history, is America not guilty of any loss of innocent lives?  Didn't American soldiers torture POWs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steve5380 changed the title to It is official: The US now HAS AGAIN a decent president! (updated 3/2021)
  • G_M changed the title to All USA Political Discussions (Compiled)
Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter