Happy Birthday Singapore

All USA Political Discussions (Compiled)

oralb

On 11/27/2021 at 12:24 AM, singalion said:

Can you tell us the relation of climate change to gasoline or oil prices?

By the way: If you 7heaven would be so climate change concerned and environmentally friendly you wouldn't mind higher oil prices as these help to reduce consumption or foster initiatives to reduce oil requirement.

Wow ... such intelligence! Or is this another one of your "ironic sentence" like the one asking people  "to dump the US oil reserves into the ocean" just to prove that you really do not have a brain? You don't have to try so hard to prove your lack of intelligence, you know? We already know.  

On 11/27/2021 at 12:26 AM, singalion said:

By the way, some months ago OPEC countries held various closed door meetings, which were meant to keep oil production at existing levels resulting in price surges.

I will post the evidence on this tomorrow.

You do know USA produces a lot of crude oil too, right? 

Hey, but 7heaven your response post is kid blabber again!

Can you tell us the relation of climate change to gasoline or oil prices?

I used my ironic sentence to dump the US oil reserves into the ocean only to demonstrate how nonsensical your posts is.

By the way: If you 7heaven would be so climate change concerned and environmentally friendly you wouldn't mind higher oil prices as these help to reduce consumption or foster initiatives to reduce oil requirement.

From that angle also your post is inconsistent and illogic.

It’s only kid’s bladder because you are unable to accept the truth about the hypocrisy of Biden’s policies. 

Can you tell us the relation of climate change to Biden’s decision to release 50million barrels of oil

It’s not about me. It’s about how Biden’s and his as claimed competent and intelligent staff’s ability to solve the high oil prices without resorting to band aid solution of releasing 50million barrels of oil and hurt the environment and climate along the way. 

Sure, if Biden feels the way to reduce consumption of oil to save the environment and climate is to have high oil prices, he should just reduce imports of oil and gas and their derivatives. Lol. 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:26 AM, singalion said:

By the way, some months ago OPEC countries held various closed door meetings, which were meant to keep oil production at existing levels resulting in price surges.

I will post the evidence on this tomorrow.

Evidence shows that we should not blame OPEC for high oil price surges in US. It’s Biden‘s policies of cancelling of Keystone and Enbridge gas pipelines and other hostile legislations. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/02/sorry-president-biden-this-is-not-opecs-fault/?sh=b871d2225617

Sorry, President Biden, This Is Not OPEC’s Fault

But here’s the thing. Whether you think it was the right thing to do, the reality is that passing legislation that is hostile to the U.S. oil and gas industry makes it even more difficult for domestic production to bounce back. So, instead of asking Russia and OPEC to pump more oil, we could look internally to what we could do in the U.S. to pump more oil.

Guest Lachrymosed Yourself
On 11/26/2021 at 4:52 AM, singalion said:

You need to understand that impeachment has two procedures:

a) the allegation of factors/facts that would permit a president to be impeached

and

b) the vote of 2/3 of Senators in the Congress to approve an impeachment application made by Congress.

But the process of impeachment should separated from criminal procedures, it is a mere political procedure to conclude that a

President is unfit to hold/ continue the office due to his acts. Therefore, using the word "conviction" is wrong. it is not any criminal conviction.

What is conviction?

A formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.

Conviction always refers to a criminal offence. Using the word "conviction" is not accurate for impeachments.

However, for impeachment the wrong act of a president must not amount to a criminal offence.

Whereas the second part of the Impeachment procedure in the Senate is modeled like a Court proceedings, namely the "High Court of Impeachment", it is still a political proceeding and not a criminal one.

While I admit, that the second part , namely the 2/3 vote in the Senate to achieve the removal of office from an impeachment procedure is often confused or forgotten.

What I meant by writing

"The impeachment case against Bill Clinton was unsuccessful!!!"

in an earlier post was

simply to state that Clinton was not found guilty by the Senate and acquitted of all the allegations made against him.

As such the impeachment did not lead to a guilty "verdict" in the Senate.

In normal understanding "having been impeached" would be understood that the person was found guilty on the impeachment charges by the Senate and removed from office.

Note that judges can be impeached also and the last US judge impeached was G. Thomas Porteous, Jr. in December 2010. Correctly, it is said that this judge was "impeached" in the media headlines.

Nov. 16, 2021

Ex-Judge G. Thomas Porteous, Impeached by U.S. Senate, Dies

December 08, 2010

Senate Votes to Impeach Judge G. Thomas Porteous, Jr.

If you were competing on "Jeopardy" (everyone suspend disbelief for a few moments) ... and the moderator said "name two of the three U.S. Presidents to have been impeached" ... and you replied "no U.S. Presidents have ever been 'successfully' impeached" ... your answer would be ruled wrong and you would lose money.

Maybe instead of Impeachment & Conviction ... call it Impeachment & Removal ... but for a U.S. President ... the House impeaches ... and the Senate removes (or declines to remove) ... it is a two-step process ... with the first step being House impeachment (which can also fail) ... followed by Senate removal (or lack thereof).

In the case of Judge Porteous ... he was impeached by the House ... and removed by the Senate ... the reporter who wrote that the Senate "impeached" him incorrectly conflated the two steps ... the House impeaches (or declines to impeach) ... the Senate removes (or declines to remove) ... the media failed to explain it properly.

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, as well as Andrew Johnson, were all impeached by the House ... but the Senate voted not to remove them ... if "conviction" is not the right term ... then "acquital" is also not the right term ... despite the lazy media using the terms people know from criminal trials ... and Trump was guilty regardless.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:50 AM, Guest Viennetta Scoops Out Betta said:

Please don't allow yourself to give in to hate or you will be no better than the other side. I don't wish harm to happen to Ngo (or even Trump for that matter) regardless of how evil he is, but I instead pray that he he will come to understand that his actions and loyalties are wrong, and make amends by spending the rest of his life helping people in less fortunare circumstances than he is blessed to enjoy.

Viennetta, what I write does not come from hate.  I think that I have managed to eliminate hate from my menu of feelings.

But I desire that some people disappear from society, by whichever means.  I do this out of LOVE for their potential victims.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Guest Guest said:

OH MY GOODNESS! YOU MEAN IT IS NOT TRUMP'S FAULT NOW? AND IT IS THE FAULT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NOW?

WHAT A CHANGE IN ATTITUDE! IF YOU HAD ONLY REALISED THAT DURING THE ONSET OF THE COVID-19 PERIOD! 

Your eagerness to read what you want to read seems to make your brain create an illusion that you have read what was not written.  NEVER have I written that we should not blame Trump.  On the contrary, we should not tire to blame him for all the evil things he has done, even if the list of these is so extraordinarily long. 

Yes, the American people are at fault, are the cause of Biden shifting his priority from protecting the environment to protect his political career.  This is nothing new, it is the most important priority of all politicians.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

Yes, the American people are at fault, are the cause of Biden shifting his priority from protecting the environment to protect his political career.  This is nothing new, it is the most important priority of all politicians.

Thank you for telling us that Biden is trying to selfishly protect his political career only.

But many already knew that the moment he got elected.  

On 11/27/2021 at 6:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

Your eagerness to read what you want to read seems to make your brain create an illusion that you have read what was not written.  NEVER have I written that we should not blame Trump.  On the contrary, we should not tire to blame him for all the evil things he has done, even if the list of these is so extraordinarily long. 

Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong with this one.... - Yoda | Make a Meme

On 11/27/2021 at 2:15 AM, Guest Lachrymosed Yourself said:

If you were competing on "Jeopardy" (everyone suspend disbelief for a few moments) ... and the moderator said "name two of the three U.S. Presidents to have been impeached" ... and you replied "no U.S. Presidents have ever been 'successfully' impeached" ... your answer would be ruled wrong and you would lose money.

Maybe instead of Impeachment & Conviction ... call it Impeachment & Removal ... but for a U.S. President ... the House impeaches ... and the Senate removes (or declines to remove) ... it is a two-step process ... with the first step being House impeachment (which can also fail) ... followed by Senate removal (or lack thereof).

In the case of Judge Porteous ... he was impeached by the House ... and removed by the Senate ... the reporter who wrote that the Senate "impeached" him incorrectly conflated the two steps ... the House impeaches (or declines to impeach) ... the Senate removes (or declines to remove) ... the media failed to explain it properly.

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, as well as Andrew Johnson, were all impeached by the House ... but the Senate voted not to remove them ... if "conviction" is not the right term ... then "acquital" is also not the right term ... despite the lazy media using the terms people know from criminal trials ... and Trump was guilty regardless.

I am not aware what "Jeopardy" is but I assume it is a quiz show on TV.

But I assume most people know that I have gained quite a broad knowledge on different subjects.

It is a matter of common usage of certain words such as "impeached" or "successfully impeached" shall stand for having gone through the full procedure of impeachment until removal.

As I showed you find evidence in the media.

You will also find news articles that say these three were not "convicted".

While I admit that the common usage may not completely represent the different steps in the involved procedures of impeachment.

However, we talk of "impeachment" as such and not of "impeachment and removal".

"Impeachment" stands for the procedure to attempt to remove a President or other office holder from office due to certain wrongdoings.

In my original post I wrote the following:

Bill Clinton was acquitted on all charges in the impeachment trial at Congress in 1999. The impeachment case against Bill Clinton was unsuccessful!!!

On 11/17/2021 at 3:56 AM, singalion said:

Bill Clinton was acquitted on all charges in the impeachment trial at Congress in 1999. The impeachment case against Bill Clinton was unsuccessful!!!

This had explained the facts sufficiently.

At the end I just summarised the point to fend off the wrongful accusation of a Guest that claimed Bill Clinton in contrast to Trump had been impeached (and removed from office).

=> Clinton faced an impeachment trial at Congress but was never successfully

impeached as President.

With the term successfully I indicated that the procedure did not end with a guilty "verdict".

It is also common that such "legal" terms and legal procedures are not always used or described in the proper sense in the media.

Hopefully we can close the issue now?

On 11/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, 7heaven said:

Evidence shows that we should not blame OPEC for high oil price surges in US. It’s Biden‘s policies of cancelling of Keystone and Enbridge gas pipelines and other hostile legislations. 

Totally nonsensical statement.

I am surprised that I need to step in and educate you on your totally nonsensical post.

Keystone was an extension named Keystone XL that had not even started being built at all and was just a project. How can something that has never been finalised affect the current oil prices now?

The original Keystone pipeline is still running and has never been suspended.

The Enbridge Line 5 was the subject of issues and potential closure threats by the Michigan Governor.

However Enbrigde Line 5 is incessantly operating without any interruption and has never been measure of any closure, despite the efforts of Michigan Governor to shut down the Line.

=> Enbridge 5 is still running also without any interruption.

Can you please do your homework before you post nonsensical posts.

And stop from continuously distorting the truth at BW!

If you had taken  a small effort in reading the article you quoted the article precisely blamed the right people for the price increase: the increased demand  of oil and gas. It are the demanders so to speak which are the buyers of oil and gas that caused the price surges.

Second the article did not mention above policies on Keystone XL or Enbridge Line 6 as the cause of price increases at all.

It looks like you invented this.

Third the article is pointing to within the US to increase the oil production and not to foreign sources (Canada is a foreign source of energy if you did not know).

It is obvious for everyone at BW now that you post at BW without even reading the articles you quote only to unjustifiedly shift blame to certain people.

Once again you caused yourself to carry not a single penny of trustworthiness or credit.

Last point:

If you intend to promote means to reduce the risks from climate change and the environmental impact of Keystone XL and Enbridge No. 3 then you would have taken a different position, namely to object to these projects.

This shows how you prefer to contradict yourself at every corner at BW with no line of consistency in your posts, just to smash some dirt on certain politicians or office holders. 

What now?

Just three posts back you called for environmentally friendly measures but around the corner you clearly contradict yourself again.

Either you are pro environment or against environmental measures, both don't reconcile.

Which means: Start to get consistent with what you preach at BW.

Nobody here should take you, 7heaven, and your posts serious as they lack consistence and logic.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:58 AM, 7heaven said:

It’s not about me. It’s about how Biden’s and his as claimed competent and intelligent staff’s ability to solve the high oil prices without resorting to band aid solution of releasing 50million barrels of oil and hurt the environment and climate along the way. 

But you don't think through the issue. Your post is short sighted and doesn't look at the inherent issue at all.

What is the difference if the US is increasing local oil production compared to releasing the oil reserves???

The first may even cause more environmental damage than the second if you had spent some thoughts on it.

If you are consistent in your reasoning and would follow any single penny of logic you would sit here and promote for the US to minimise the oil consumption and for the Biden administration to shift behaviour patterns and reduce to rely on oil and gas.

This would require a more environmental friendly policy from the US administration.

However, look at your past posts!

Every step Biden takes to act in a more environmentally friendly manner you come with allegations and blaming him.

If Biden stops the Keystone Pipeline XL project, you lament about the loss of jobs and argue that oil prices increase.

If Democrats intend to stop the oil spills and change the pipeline structure of the Enbridge gas pipelines, then you start screaming about increasing gas prices in the US.

You must take a position. Both your slogans on BW don't reconcile.

It is either pro environment and acting against climate change or it is risking environmental damage and accepting rising temperatures on earth. But both doesn't go.

Further, you omitted and did not consider that the US lost 4 years under Trump with no measures/ actions to reduce climate change risks or introducing environmentally friendly policies.

Once again I demonstrated your only aim to blame shame with your posts  but neglecting the issues involved and surrounding facts.

Your current line of reasoning (if any at all) and arguing on these issues are contradictory and totally inconsistent if not mostly illogic.

Edited by singalion

On 11/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, singalion said:

I am surprised that I need to step in and educate you on your totally nonsensical post.

Keystone was an extension named Keystone XL that had not even started being built at all and was just a project. How can something that has never been finalised affect the current oil prices now?

The Enbridge Line 5 was the subject of issues and potential closure threats by the Michigan Governor.

However Enbrigde Line 5 is incessantly operating without any interruption and has never been measure of any closure, despite the efforts of Michigan Governor to shut down the Line.

Seriously... what world are you living on? Which supplier will refrain from hiking up their prices upon knowing of impending supply issues? The moment the Keystone XL project was blocked and the order to shut down the Enbridge Line 5 was given, do you think the market will not react to the news and still keep the price constant? 

Do your own homework. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/11/08/white-house-confirms-reviewing-impact-line-5-shutdown/6342914001/ 

"Enbridge says on its website the pipeline "is a critical source of 540,000 barrels per day of propane and crude oil supply for Michigan and surrounding areas, and its shutdown would lead to a serious disruption of the energy market."

The entire reason why the Keystone XL and the Enbridge Line 5 was constructed between Canada and the USA is because an increased supply of oil from Canada would mean a decreased dependency on Middle Eastern supplies. According to market principles, increased availability of oil means lower prices for consumers.

But yet, Biden went on to block the Keystone XL project and together with the Michigan governor's order to shutdown the Enbridge Line 5, why wouldn't everyone else go ahead and increase their prices now? 

This is basic economics. Didn't you learn that in school? Do you really need a Economics 101 lesson here on BW? 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:13 PM, singalion said:

But you don't think through the issue. Your post is short sighted and doesn't look at the inherent issue at all.

What is the difference if the US is increasing local oil production compared to releasing the oil reserves???

The first may even cause more environmental damage than the second if you had spent some thoughts on it.

If you are consistent in your reasoning and would follow any single penny of logic you would sit here and promote for the US to minimise the oil consumption and for the Biden administration to shift behaviour patterns and reduce to rely on oil and gas.

This would require a more environmental friendly policy from the US administration.

However, look at your past posts!

Every step Biden takes to act in a more environmentally friendly manner you come with allegations and blaming him.

If Biden stops the Keystone Pipeline XL project, you lament about the loss of jobs and argue that oil prices increase.

If Democrats intend to stop the oil spills and change the pipeline structure of the Enbridge gas pipelines, then you start screaming about increasing gas prices in the US.

You must take a position. Both your slogans on BW don't reconcile.

It is either pro environment and acting against climate change or it is risking environmental damage and accepting rising temperatures on earth. But both doesn't go.

Further, you omitted and did not consider that the US lost 4 years under Trump with no measures/ actions to reduce climate change risks or introducing environmentally friendly policies.

Once again I demonstrated your only aim to blame shame with your posts  but neglecting the issues involved and surrounding facts.

Your current line of reasoning (if any at all) and arguing on these issues are contradictory and totally inconsistent if not mostly illogic.

So, what you are basically saying is to just cut the supply of crude oil and force everyone to go into alternative energy sources because crude oil is not sustainable? Nobody is going to take such extreme positions the way you do. But it sure reveals your devilish hope to have the energy crisis to spike the American utility bills up their roofs. 

It's also quite funny to see how you can blame in on Trump that the US lost 4 years under Trump with no measures/ actions to reduce climate change risks or introducing environmentally friendly policies. Where did Obama get USA to, in his 8 years of Presidency? Did the world get any cooler during those 8 years? 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, singalion said:

Last point:

If you intend to promote means to reduce the risks from climate change and the environmental impact of Keystone XL and Enbridge No. 3 then you would have taken a different position, namely to object to these projects....

I thought the point above was supposed to be your "last post"?? Why more post from you subsequently? But I guess you are never a man of integrity to keep to your words, right? 

First and foremost, why should the oil reserves be released when USA can get their supply through local oil production which can create more jobs and business opportunities for the workers?

Secondly, why should the oil reserves be released just so to PATCH THE MISTAKES THAT THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION HAS MADE IN MAKING THE SUPPLY OF OIL INTO THE COUNTRY SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT?? 

Hahahaha! How the tide has changed, hasn't it? It was just less than a year ago that every step Trump takes to act in any ways that you come with allegations and blaming him.

How is your own medicine tasting on yourself now? 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, singalion said:

At the end I just summarised the point to fend off the wrongful accusation of a Guest that claimed Bill Clinton in contrast to Trump had been impeached (and removed from office).

Another lie. Trump was acquitted and not removed from office arising from the impeachment. 

So much for “…I have gained quite a broad knowledge on different subjects.” Lol. More like in your own imagined world where you define the reality as u go along. 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, singalion said:

But I assume most people know that I have gained quite a broad knowledge on different subjects.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, singalion said:

How will the go ahead of Keystone and Enbridge gas pipelines not help with supply of US domestic supply of gas instead of having to draw on 50million barrels of oil from US Strategic Petroleum Reserves?

Stop distorting the truth and distracting here.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, singalion said:

If you had taken  a small effort in reading the article you quoted the article precisely blamed the right people for the price increase: the increased demand  of oil and gas. It are the demanders so to speak which are the buyers of oil and gas that caused the price surges.

Second the article did not mention above policies on Keystone XL or Enbridge Line 6 as the cause of price increases at all.

It looks like you invented this.

Third the article is pointing to within the US to increase the oil production and not to foreign sources (Canada is a foreign source of energy if you did not know).

It is obvious for everyone at BW now that you post at BW without even reading the articles you quote only to unjustifiedly shift blame to certain people.

Once again you caused yourself to carry not a single penny of trustworthiness or credit.

The article talked about legislations of US. This would already encompass the legislative powers of the various branches of US government including Biden’s power to shut Keystone and Enbridge. 

The article also talked about shortage of supply that led to increase in oil prices. Biden kept talking about ending reliance on oil and turning to renewable energy to combat climate change. Yet now, he is going to release 50million barrels of oil. Doesn’t he, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry know oil causes carbon emissions which in turn result in climate change? So why now is Biden going to damage the climate by releasing 50million barrels of oil? 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, singalion said:

Last point:

If you intend to promote means to reduce the risks from climate change and the environmental impact of Keystone XL and Enbridge No. 3 then you would have taken a different position, namely to object to these projects.

This shows how you prefer to contradict yourself at every corner at BW with no line of consistency in your posts, just to smash some dirt on certain politicians or office holders. 

What now?

Just three posts back you called for environmentally friendly measures but around the corner you clearly contradict yourself again.

Either you are pro environment or against environmental measures, both don't reconcile.

Which means: Start to get consistent with what you preach at BW.

Nobody here should take you, 7heaven, and your posts serious as they lack consistence and logic.

Lol. As is your usual tactic, you resort to diversion and distraction. This thread is about US politics and not about me. I don’t have to state any position because I m not President of US, Joe Biden is. 

Funny you avoided to address the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of Biden’s policies. Either Biden “is pro environment or against environmental measures, both don’t reconcile.

Here, we can see Biden is getting desperate; he failed to convince OPEC+ to pump more oil despite his begging. Now he has to resort to a band aid solution of releasing 50million barrels of oil. 

Lol. U just exposed how uneducated you are on this topic. How do think the oil in the oil reserves are produced? Ironically it showed u did not spend any thoughts on it or despite your best efforts thinking about it, u lack the ability to know. 

On 11/27/2021 at 3:24 PM, 7heaven said:

Another lie. Trump was acquitted and not removed from office arising from the impeachment. 

So much for “…I have gained quite a broad knowledge on different subjects.” Lol. More like in your own imagined world where you define the reality as u go along. 

You misinterpreted my post or got onto the wrong track as usual (and your usual tactics to discredit other members here).

It was a Guest that claimed here at his thread some weeks ago that Bill Clinton had been impeached (and lost office).

This was not true.

I simply corrected this at the last time in my initial post on impeachment.

I only put the fact straight that Clinton had gone through an impeachment procedure but was "acquitted" in the Senate

At no point I ever said or wrote that Trump was removed from office through an impeachment procedure.

My sentence refers to Bill Clinton. Look up what person was the noun of my sentence.

Which splendidly  highlights once again that you have serious problems in comprehension and gaining understanding of grammatical sentence structures.

Edited by singalion

On 11/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, 7heaven said:

Lol. As is your usual tactic, you resort to diversion and distraction. This thread is about US politics and not about me. I don’t have to state any position because I m not President of US, Joe Biden is. 
Funny you avoided to address the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of Biden’s policies. Either Biden “is pro environment or against environmental measures, both don’t reconcile.

Here, we can see Biden is getting desperate; he failed to convince OPEC+ to pump more oil despite his begging. Now he has to resort to a band aid solution of releasing 50million barrels of oil. 

You can keep your personal concept on climate change private if this is a major issue for you to reveal your stance on environmental issues.

But I will continue to pull you throw your inconsistencies and contradictions on BW which amount to your personal own hypocrisies. 

You cannot switch the flags at every corner and once pretend to be pro environment and on next post be anti environment as it suits you to find blame on certain presidents and their administration.

Biden is surely doing the right thing to bring more focus on sustainability and actions against global warming to the US, a policy that was totally neglected by Trump ("it's a hoax!" ).

Or do you think that politicians should neglect the threats from global warming and just do nothing?

This post above is your starting point.

On 11/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, 7heaven said:

How will the go ahead of Keystone and Enbridge gas pipelines not help with supply of US domestic supply of gas instead of having to draw on 50million barrels of oil from US Strategic Petroleum Reserves?

Stop distorting the truth and distracting here.

The truth distortion in your first post is by the fact that Biden did not cancel the existing keystone pipeline, which is perfectly running same as the Enbridge gas pipeline has never been shut down or discontinued.

What has been not taken up by Biden was the planned Keystone XL which has never been constructed at all and was just in planning phase for already 10 years.

Trying to detract and divert from your truth distorting initial posts and hoping BW readers have a short memory.

I won't do you that favour.

How can something be truth distorting on my part if I am the one who brings in the real facts.

Better explain your nonsensical logic in your initial post from earlier how something that has never been cancelled and is running without any disruption like the existing Keystone pipeline and the Enbridge pipeline can affect the current oil and gas prices in the US?

You are just trying to divert away from the fact that you posted nonsense at BW.

We are waiting for your explanation on how the existing and running Keystone pipeline and Enbridge pipelines affect the gas and oil prices in the US! Please explain.

Edited by singalion

On 11/27/2021 at 3:35 PM, 7heaven said:

Biden kept talking about ending reliance on oil and turning to renewable energy to combat climate change. Yet now, he is going to release 50million barrels of oil. Doesn’t he, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry know oil causes carbon emissions which in turn result in climate change?

Then I ask again:

What should Biden do with the oil reserves, which have already been explored and produced?

Keep it as reserves until it rots or let it flow into the ocean one day?

What are oil reserves for?

Leave it untouched forever not to have any impact on climate change?

And the Americans will not buy oil, petrol and gas from other sources if Biden doesn't release the oil reserves now?

The Americans will park their cars in their garage and walk, is it? Same as they won't heat their houses in winter with oil or gas??? And the industry will not purchase any oil and gas also, correct?

Your post is again immature, silly, nonsensical and a reflection of low intellect.

By the way your repeated inconsistency in reasoning comes to light again:

If Biden would be more stringent in reducing reliance on oil for the US, his politics would need to be even more progressive (also price sensitive as most environmental considerations would result in price increases for consumers).

But you don't think about all these surrounding factors but just continue on your silly slogans.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:19 PM, singalion said:

I only put the fact straight that Clinton had gone through an impeachment procedure but was "acquitted" in the Senate

No, you were caught by the other Guest Guests for claiming that Clinton was never impeached.

And it was only after you were exposed lying, that you retreated and amended your own posts pretending to be a "mistake". And here you are, while you were trying hide behind what you termed to be a "mistake", you claim others are "lying"?? 

And now, you are trying to fight with other Guests on things like the meaning of "acquittal" and whatever nots. Haven't you already known that your reputation has earn you a new nickname @singaliar? And this is is a liar claiming others to be lying, while the real liar hides behind the word "mistakes"? Even my pinkie toes are laughing now. 

On 11/27/2021 at 3:35 PM, 7heaven said:

The article talked about legislations of US. This would already encompass the legislative powers of the various branches of US government including Biden’s power to shut Keystone and Enbridge. 

Does the article make any reference to Keystone XL or Enbridge?

No!

Your misinterpretation of this article is obvious as Keystone and Enbridge do not refer to any US domestic oil or gas production.

Quote:

But here’s the thing. Whether you think it was the right thing to do, the reality is that passing legislation that is hostile to the U.S. oil and gas industry makes it even more difficult for domestic production to bounce back.

Quote end.

In both Keystone case and Enbridge the gas and oil production is Canadian production and not from within the US. Both do not refer to domestic production! The pipelines are just sources of supply from foreign production.

Learn to read or achieve to gain the sufficient knowledge to know the background of Keystone and Enbridge.

The author is talking about general legislation passed by Biden to discourage in continuing to support domestic oil or gas production out of environmental reasons (namely in pushing more environmental friendly ways of energy production). Same author has in various different articles promoted to heavily increase the renewables at a faster pace.

Nonetheless, to switch to more environmentally friendly resources (renewalbles etc) there must be a switch one day, you cannot go on in the old ways, cause climate warming...

This is what Biden is doing after Trump wasted 4 years in denying the climate change and did nothing to promote more environmental energy production.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:27 PM, singalion said:

You can keep your personal concept on climate change private if this is a major issue for you to reveal your stance on environmental issues.

But I will continue to pull you throw your inconsistencies and contradictions on BW which amount to your personal own hypocrisies. 

You cannot switch the flags at every corner and once pretend to be pro environment and on next post be anti environment as it suits you to find blame on certain presidents and their administration.

Biden is surely doing the right thing to bring more focus on sustainability and actions against global warming to the US, a policy that was totally neglected by Trump ("it's a hoax!" ).

Or do you think that politicians should neglect the threats from global warming and just do nothing?

Again, you are distracting and diverting attention from hypocrisies of Biden’s policies on releasing 50million barrels of oil yet recently went to COP26 and preached about climate change. 

If Biden is doing the right thing on sustainability and actions against global warming, why then is he begging OPEC+ to pump more oil and when that failed, he is releasing 50 million barrels of oil? Don’t he or Kamala Harris and John Kerry know oil causes global warming?

On 11/27/2021 at 5:20 PM, 7heaven said:

Again, you are distracting and diverting attention from hypocrisies of Biden’s policies on releasing 50million barrels of oil yet recently went to COP26 and preached about climate change. 

If Biden is doing the right thing on sustainability and actions against global warming, why then is he begging OPEC+ to pump more oil and when that failed, he is releasing 50 million barrels of oil? Don’t he or Kamala Harris and John Kerry know oil causes global warming?

Your are falling again into your bad habit of repeating your nonsensical slogans.

Ask yourself if the US industry requires oil and gas and if the Americans need to oil to drive or heat their houses.

Maybe then you get a response...

Your post demonstrates a lack to accept certain realities.

It seems you are living in a dream world in unrealistic terms...

Edited by singalion

On 11/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, 7heaven said:

Then plenty of other country leaders must be very desperate also as they have been discussing the release their oil reserves also....

Which just again debunks your myth building here.

On 11/27/2021 at 3:51 PM, 7heaven said:

Lol. U just exposed how uneducated you are on this topic. How do think the oil in the oil reserves are produced? Ironically it showed u did not spend any thoughts on it or despite your best efforts thinking about it, u lack the ability to know. 

Someone reading my posts will recognise that I spend more thoughts on the issue than you did, You 7heaven who preferred to just post some unsubstantiated slogans and blames on the current US administration and their leader.

Further all your responses make obvious that never understood the inherent issues involved but are only abusing this forum to spread politically one sided rhetorical slogans.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, singalion said:

This post above is your starting point.

The truth distortion in your first post is by the fact that Biden did not cancel the existing keystone pipeline, which is perfectly running same as the Enbridge gas pipeline has never been shut down or discontinued.

What has been not taken up by Biden was the planned Keystone XL which has never been constructed at all and was just in planning phase for already 10 years.

Trying to detract and divert from your truth distorting initial posts and hoping BW readers have a short memory.

I won't do you that favour.

How can something be truth distorting on my part if I am the one who brings in the real facts.

Better explain your nonsensical logic in your initial post from earlier how something that has never been cancelled and is running without any disruption like the existing Keystone pipeline and the Enbridge pipeline can affect the current oil and gas prices in the US?

You are just trying to divert away from the fact that you posted nonsense at BW.

We are waiting for your explanation on how the existing and running Keystone pipeline and Enbridge pipelines affect the gas and oil prices in the US! Please explain.

The fact that Biden publicly stated his intention to cancel the Keystone and Enbridge pipelines have instilled fear of lack of supply of gas and has caused a surge in oil prices. The yet to be built Keystone if it did not get cancelled by Biden would have supplied more gas to US. 

We are waiting for Biden to explain why he can callously cancel gas pipelines yet dipped into 50million barrels of oil from reserves meant for emergencies like war. 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:54 PM, singalion said:

Then I ask again:

What should Biden do with the oil reserves, which have already been explored and produced?

Keep it as reserves until it rots or let it flow into the ocean one day?

What are oil reserves for?

Leave it untouched forever not to have any impact on climate change?

And the Americans will not buy oil, petrol and gas from other sources if Biden doesn't release the oil reserves now?

The Americans will park their cars in their garage and walk, is it? Same as they won't heat their houses in winter with oil or gas??? And the industry will not purchase any oil and gas also, correct?

Your post is again immature, silly, nonsensical and a reflection of low intellect.

By the way your repeated inconsistency in reasoning comes to light again:

If Biden would be more stringent in reducing reliance on oil for the US, his politics would need to be even more progressive (also price sensitive as most environmental considerations would result in price increases for consumers).

But you don't think about all these surrounding factors but just continue on your silly slogans.

The Strategic Petroleum Reserves are meant for emergencies like natural disasters or wars, not for band-aid solution such as what Biden is doing to lower pump prices which is self-serving to save his political career. 

Americans will continue to buy oil but at a higher price from OPEC+ countries because Biden and his fellow Democrats have destroyed the energy independence US once was. Biden did not plan properly his policies and now he needs a quick fix to lower the pump prices in the face of his fast eroding poll numbers. To save his skin, it seems he is willing to foresake his desire to fight climate change by releasing 50million barrels of oil. It is clear what his priorities are. 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, singalion said:

Then plenty of other country leaders must be very desperate also as they have been discussing the release their oil reserves also....

You mean to say that Biden is not desperate and yet he went ahead to release his country's oil reserves? Do you know what is the meaning of the "reserves"? Which myth are you trying to build here? That Biden is not desperate? Or the oil reserves can be tapped even in times of non-emergency? 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, singalion said:

No!

Your misinterpretation of this article is obvious as Keystone and Enbridge do not refer to any US domestic oil or gas production.

Quote:

But here’s the thing. Whether you think it was the right thing to do, the reality is that passing legislation that is hostile to the U.S. oil and gas industry makes it even more difficult for domestic production to bounce back.

Quote end.

In both Keystone case and Enbridge the gas and oil production is Canadian production and not from within the US. Both do not refer to domestic production! The pipelines are just sources of supply from foreign production.

Learn to read or achieve to gain the sufficient knowledge to know the background of Keystone and Enbridge.

The author is talking about general legislation passed by Biden to discourage in continuing to support domestic oil or gas production out of environmental reasons (namely in pushing more environmental friendly ways of energy production). Same author has in various different articles promoted to heavily increase the renewables at a faster pace.

Nonetheless, to switch to more environmentally friendly resources (renewalbles etc) there must be a switch one day, you cannot go on in the old ways, cause climate warming...

This is what Biden is doing after Trump wasted 4 years in denying the climate change and did nothing to promote more environmental energy production.

Are we going to go through another one of your strawman fallacies again?

Last time you were caught trying to create a distraction by wrongly accusing @7heaven of saying that the author of a tweet was "quoting" the article, when it was clear as day that @7heaven already knew that the author was "referencing" the article. And when you were caught and proven to be a liar (as usual), you continued to insist that you were right.  

And now, again, you are trying to wrongly accuse  @7heaven of saying that the article mentioned about the Keystone and the Enbridge project?? No, he didn't. Again, @7heaven was clearly aware that the article did not mention Keystone and Enbridge, and he merely mentioned the Keystone and Enbridge Line 5 together in the same post as the one he mentioned the article. Why can't anyone bring in other matters in the same post as other matters? Please explain.  

It is YOU, @singaliar, who wrongly try to misrepresent others by claiming that they said things which they didn't, just so that you can create a a distraction and fabricate  a strawman for your baseless attacks.  

On 11/27/2021 at 5:42 PM, singalion said:

Someone reading my posts will recognise that I spend more thoughts on the issue than you did, You 7heaven who preferred to just post some unsubstantiated slogans and blames on the current US administration and their leader.

Further all your responses make obvious that never understood the inherent issues involved but are only abusing this forum to spread politically one sided rhetorical slogans.

Anyone reading your posts will recognize that you don't even have half a brain, and you spend more thoughts on how to tell lies and misrepresent facts just to win your narratives. You, @singaliar, has always been the one who prefers to just post some unsubstantiated slogans and you blame everyone else in your haste to suck up to the current US administration and their retarded leader.

Furthermore, all your responses make it really obvious that you never understood the inherent issues involved, and you don't even know the simple ABCs and 123s of Economics 101, past history lessons, and current affairs. And you are only abusing this forum to spread politically one sided rhetorical slogans.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:03 PM, 7heaven said:

The fact that Biden publicly stated his intention to cancel the Keystone and Enbridge pipelines have instilled fear of lack of supply of gas and has caused a surge in oil prices. The yet to be built Keystone if it did not get cancelled by Biden would have supplied more gas to US. 

This is more evidence that you do not know what you are actually talking about and don't have the sufficient background knowledge.

Keystone XL was supposed to carry crude oil. Keystone has nothing to do with gas at all.

Go back and do your homework here first before you profess yourself in knowing what you are talking about.

It is very obvious that you don't know the facts and just aim to post nonsensical slogans at BW.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, singalion said:

No!

Quote:

Quote end.

You are now employing another of your usual tactic which is to narrowly focus on a few word here and there to fit your narrative. Keystone and Enbridge gas pipelines carry supplies from Canada to US. If Biden cuts them off, US will have lesser sources of gas. 

Besides, this is not the only article that criticised Biden’s band aid solution of releasing 50 million barrels of oil. 

Even Financial Times is criticizing Biden now. Anyone wants to come in an claim that FT is also under the influence of some anti-Biden corporations again? 

https://www.ft.com/content/b04f40e3-d564-4180-bcb0-bcd0c989beb0

Biden has been a disappointment on the pandemic

Excerpts: 

"The US share of world fatalities from Covid-19 far exceeds its share of the world’s population. It ranks between Mexico and Romania for deaths per 100,000 people. America has also been overtaken by Jair Bolsonaro’s Brazil on the take-up of vaccines, despite having invented several of them."

"Under the maladministration of Donald Trump, these numbers could be explained away as something aberrant and fleeting: the wages of populism. But Joe Biden has now been president for around half of the duration of the pandemic. He was elected in large part to contain it. His failure to do so is the central fact of his presidency. It is also a curiously under-discussed one." 

"At least to begin with, Barack Obama’s White House, which he served as vice-president, fell for the idea that effective government is about people of good faith holding office: that first principles are enough. The importance of the grind, of sheer technical slog, dawned on them late, if at all. The mistake recurred upon Biden’s inauguration last January, when much of the US left assumed that not being Trump (my own personal Guest's add-on: yeah, right LOL!) was half the key to a resolved pandemic. It wouldn’t matter so much if Biden’s record were of purely domestic note."

On 11/27/2021 at 5:27 PM, singalion said:

Your are falling again into your bad habit of repeating your nonsensical slogans.

Ask yourself if the US industry requires oil and gas and if the Americans need to oil to drive or heat their houses.

Maybe then you get a response...

Your post demonstrates a lack to accept certain realities.

It seems you are living in a dream world in unrealistic terms...

You are falling again into your bad habit of distraction and diversion. 

Ask yourself if the Biden and his fellow Democrats are truly concerned about the environment and climate change or more concerned of saving their political careers? 

Maybe then you get a response… 

Your post demonstrates a lack of ability to accept reality and you are living in your own world. 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, singalion said:

You have not debunk any myths. It’s the truth that Biden is desperate because he failed to convince OPEC+ to supply more oil, thus he has to draw 50 million barrels of oil meant for emergency use only. 

here is evidence that other nations are tapping on the oil reserves to lower prices:

Japanese and Indian officials are working on ways to release national reserves of crude oil in tandem with the United States and other major economies to dampen prices, seven government sources with knowledge of the plans told Reuters.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:42 PM, singalion said:

Someone in your own version of the world will recognise whatever you want. Lol. But in the real world, objective readers here will know how the current leader of the US administration is messing up on panoply of issues, sometimes having to contradict his policies to save his skin. 

On 11/27/2021 at 6:03 PM, 7heaven said:

The fact that Biden publicly stated his intention to cancel the Keystone and Enbridge pipelines have instilled fear of lack of supply of gas and has caused a surge in oil prices.

Your post is once again mere myth building and shifting blame to Biden.

There is not any single piece of professional article or anyone from the academia who concluded that oil or gas prices in the US have increased due to the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline.

The Enbridge pipelines cover various different pipelines and only one was affected which is the Enbridge 6.

Can you please read the Forbes article again to find out what the causes of price surges in the US for gas and oil are!

Nov 2, 2021,04:46pm EDT|17,293 views

In response to the collapse in prices, last summer U.S. oil production fell by 3 million BPD — the largest short-term decline ever recorded. Demand started to come back in summer, and by fall demand was recovering faster than supply in the U.S. Our crude oil imports began to climb, and along with that so did the price of crude oil and oil products.

One could make the alternative argument that rising gas prices are from the refusal of U.S. producers to increase production. However, it’s more complex than that. During the pandemic, some producers went out of business. Some low-production stripper wells were certainly shut down. That’s production that won’t come back easily. (And some of those factors also impact production from Russia and OPEC).

=> Rising oil and gas prices are driven solely by the post pandemic surge in demand in the US (and the world) and teh fact that Russia and OPEC are keeping the production at a certain lower level.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, singalion said:

This is more evidence that you do not know what you are actually talking about and don't have the sufficient background knowledge.

Keystone XL was supposed to carry crude oil. Keystone has nothing to do with gas at all.

Go back and do your homework here first before you profess yourself in knowing what you are talking about.

It is very obvious that you don't know the facts and just aim to post nonsensical slogans at BW.

You know when it becomes clear that @singaliar is losing ground in his arguments? It is when he has to nitpick on errors such as the common interchange of words between "oil" and "gas", as he has nothing else to fight against, especially when even the strawmans that he has so painstakingly fabricated got exposed as fraudulent dummy distractions

On 11/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, singalion said:

There is more evidence that you are simply using your usual tactic of narrowly focusing on certain words. Oil and gas are related and both oil and gas have surged significantly in US. Yet Biden cancelled the Keystone pipeline project only to beg OPEC+ to pump more oil. And when they refused, Biden became desperate and released 50million barrels of oil. This further showed Biden is willing to forego his the climate change agenda to save his political career. Let’s us not be distracted by Singalion by accusing people here of “…you don’t know the facts and just aim to post nonsensical slogans at BW.” Lol. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, 7heaven said:

You have not debunk any myths. It’s the truth that Biden is desperate because he failed to convince OPEC+ to supply more oil, thus he has to draw 50 million barrels of oil meant for emergency use only. 

Here you see professionals contradicting your nonsensical blame shaming on Biden:

The U.S. emergency oil stash is in the spotlight as gas prices surge. What to know

November 21, 2021

Why is Biden considering tapping the SPR now?

The emergency oil reserve is not hypothetically intended to be tapped as a way to manage prices; it's supposed to manage major supply disruptions, which the market is not currently experiencing. But it is one of the few tools the president has to push oil prices down.

OPEC has declined to boost production to address high prices, despite White House appeals. The oil cartel led by Saudi Arabia has stuck with its policy of gradual increases in production as the global economy continues to recover from the pandemic.

U.S. oil producers — under pressure from their own investors — have also not increased production by as much as they typically do when prices are this high.

How much impact would an SPR release actually have?

Just the possibility of a release from the SPR has already helped drive prices down. An actual announcement would be expected to push prices down more.

The size of the effect on markets would also depend on how large the release is.

What if multiple countries tapped their reserves?

Coordinating a release with other countries could give an SPR release more punch. The White House has been asking other major oil consumers, who have their own petroleum reserves, to release oil from their stockpiles in a single coordinated action.

Conclusion:

This would mean if someone followed your simplistic reasoning  that a lot of state leaders are desperate...

I have no mood to repeat over the same items again and again only because you are repeating your same nonsensical and illogic slogan posting at BW.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, 7heaven said:

objective readers here will know

Objective readers at BW have a long time back already recognised that you are just posting unsubstantiated slogans and politically motivated one sided rhetoric and therefore left the thread.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:11 PM, singalion said:

Your post is once again mere myth building and shifting blame to Biden.

There is not any single piece of professional article or anyone from the academia who concluded that oil or gas prices in the US have increased due to the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline.

The Enbridge pipelines cover various different pipelines and only one was affected which is the Enbridge 6.

Can you please read the Forbes article again to find out what the causes of price surges in the US for gas and oil are!

Nov 2, 2021,04:46pm EDT|17,293 views

In response to the collapse in prices, last summer U.S. oil production fell by 3 million BPD — the largest short-term decline ever recorded. Demand started to come back in summer, and by fall demand was recovering faster than supply in the U.S. Our crude oil imports began to climb, and along with that so did the price of crude oil and oil products.

One could make the alternative argument that rising gas prices are from the refusal of U.S. producers to increase production. However, it’s more complex than that. During the pandemic, some producers went out of business. Some low-production stripper wells were certainly shut down. That’s production that won’t come back easily. (And some of those factors also impact production from Russia and OPEC).

=> Rising oil and gas prices are driven solely by the post pandemic surge in demand in the US (and the world) and teh fact that Russia and OPEC are keeping the production at a certain lower level.

There is no profession article or anyone from the academia who concluded that the cancellation of the Keystone or Enbridge projects did not contribute to the surge in pump prices. 

Rising oil and gas prices are due to hostile legislative policies in US and destruction of energy independence in US by Biden’s administration. 

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter