Jump to content
Male HQ

Transition begins in the USA to a new era.


Recommended Posts

With much joy we read that the Trump administration has finally given the green light for the transition to begin.  

 

Elect-president Biden is disclosing his choices for some members of his cabinet.  These are experienced and competent people.  (what a change!)

Especially impressed I feel about the candidate to head the Department of Homeland Security, Alejandro Majorkas,  a Latino immigrant.  This should give hope that the Latino refugees at the southern border will be treated at last in a humane way!

 

Originally one would have thought that 2020 would be a good year, because it is a round number,  but now we can put our hopes on 2021.  A big recovery.  Now there are already 3 promising vaccines that can conquer the coronavirus early during the year,  if the situation of emergency with the virus does not become a disaster over the holidays. (when will so many Americans finally become adults and learn to choose their actions with some wisdom?)

 

 

Edited by Steve5380
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sorry for those I have offended due to their support for the DEM left wing and their ideology. I got out of it for reasons I have been reading about for decades. My concern is not about winning n

It could be that after next week we will be missing Donald Trump.   The world will be boring again.   No uproars, no shaking heads on this lavish stupidity of a President, no shock

Posted Images

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matureltrans68 said:

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

 

Exactly .... with Biden as the best Democrat candidate and the President-elect, it's basically out of the frying pan and straight into the fire for the whole country. I wonder when the euphoria end. 

 

 

Petition update · SBTC to FMCSA: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire? ·  Change.org

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Why? said:

Back to the same old same old boring way again.  At least, the past 4 years have been a very exciting years for American and the world.   Trump will be greatly missed by 50% of the Americans.

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

Steve is probably epitomising the American 'Hit the road and start all-over' mindset.  You've got the capital, not just the green backs to do so.  That Biden-Harris-Pelosi admits and confronts the problems, not just in the country is applaudable.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matureltrans68 said:

Outgoing of an IDIOT & a LIAR, and Returning of a WARMONGER & a HYPOCRITE. 

So what kind of joy you are referring to? 

Every us presidents of the past and current have had caused lots of death and suffering in many parts of the world.

Just a rogue state and more death will be coming in the near future. Nothing to be joy about... SIC!

 

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

 

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Exactly .... with Biden as the best Democrat candidate and the President-elect, it's basically out of the frying pan and straight into the fire for the whole country. I wonder when the euphoria end. 

 

 

It may happen instead that in 60 days Trump will be out of the frying pan he is now, and straight into the fire as he loses the immunity of president and falls straight into the hands of the civil and criminal law that will go after him.

 

Our euphoria may peak on January 20 when the new Administration will step in, and then it will slowly dissipate since we have so much work to do.

.

Edited by Steve5380
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

It has to be "less than 50% of the Americans".

Otherwise, they would not be missing him...

May be, Biden will also  serve just 1 term and Trump will return after 4 years, with renewed supporters.  You just never know for sure who is the ultimate winner in the great political scheme of thing.  By then, you are already as old as Biden and probably wouldn't care in your twilight years...hahahaha

Edited by Why?
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Why? said:

May be, Biden will also  serve just 1 term and Trump will return after 4 years, with renewed supporters.  You just never know for sure who is the ultimate winner in the great political scheme of thing.  By then, you are already as old as Biden and probably wouldn't care in your twilight years...hahahaha

 

Oh, I won't have any problems in 4 years.  But will Trump?  He is already obese, who knows what he has left from the coronavirus,

and his head has not been well for the past 4 years, will it quit completely in the future?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Oh, I won't have any problems in 4 years.  But will Trump?  He is already obese, who knows what he has left from the coronavirus,

and his head has not been well for the past 4 years, will it quit completely in the future?  

You are right, may be his daughter, Ivanka Trump, will return with greater revenge and become America's first woman president in the future?   I understand she has been of great help to his father during his presidency.  Surely, America needs a woman for a change, and I am not referring to your Hilarious Clinton.

Edited by Why?
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Why? said:

You are right, may be his daughter, Ivanka Trump, will return with greater revenge and become America's first woman president in the future?   I understand she has been of great help to his father during his presidency.  Surely, America needs a woman for a change, and I am not referring to your Hilarious Clinton.

 

Are you confusing the government of the US with a monarchy?  Why should the children of presidents become presidents.  I know,  it happened with G.W. Bush and Bush junior, but we saw what a disaster this good-for-nothing was... wars here and there...

 

1 hour ago, tterrynick said:

Oh... yay... they are back to SAVE THE WORLD.... yada yada... 🤪🙄

The press conference announcing the cabinet was like a scene from some superheroes movies...

Ughhhh....

 

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

I do not need any history lesson from you and by the way, Singapore achievements was the great work of our pioneer generation of leaders as well as pioneer citizens of difference races working hard together here 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tterrynick said:

Oh... yay... they are back to SAVE THE WORLD.... yada yada... 🤪🙄

The press conference announcing the cabinet was like a scene from some superheroes movies...

Ughhhh....

Is more like Obama 2.0, while u won't expect ridiculous decision from them, but probably also don't expect too much from them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matureltrans68 said:

I do not need any history lesson from you and by the way, Singapore achievements was the great work of our pioneer generation of leaders as well as pioneer citizens of difference races working hard together here 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Are you confusing the government of the US with a monarchy?  Why should the children of presidents become presidents.  I know,  it happened with G.W. Bush and Bush junior, but we saw what a disaster this good-for-nothing was... wars here and there...

 

 

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

You probably confused Nepotism with Monarchy.  Bill Clinton also support his Hilarious wife 4 years ago for the presidency, Everything is possible because America pride itself being the land of the "FREE", so what is stopping you from voting someone who is genuinely talented from the private sector?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Why? said:

You probably confused Nepotism with Monarchy.  Bill Clinton also support his Hilarious wife 4 years ago for the presidency, Everything is possible because America pride itself being the land of the "FREE", so what is stopping you from voting someone who is genuinely talented from the private sector?

 

I agree that there is nepotism, like in other countries too.  Isn't there nepotism in Singapore too?   How about the son of Lee Kuan Yew?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

You can continue to BLAR BLAR  for all you want, since you started this thread. 

Just continue to be a good puppy to your ang mo master.....

Nice doggy... Good doggy.. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Singapore was liberated from the Japanese at the end of WWII by the British, in operation "Tiderace" lead by Lord Mountbattern, supreme leader of the Allied Forces in Asia.  And the USA was the leading force of the Allied Forces that saved Britain from the Nazis thanks to the Normandy invasion. 

 

So you owe the USA the fact that your country is a thriving independent one,  instead of you being enslaved as meat for the Japanese men!

 

If this is not white American supremacy, what is? I would have thought a person like him would be more supportive of Trump instead of Biden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

 

These achievements of your pioneer generation came after Singapore was liberated.  Otherwise your pioneers could have become Japanese slaves.  I don't know much about Sir Mountbattern, but he surely had some pride and honor as a soldier, and was not a liar and a thief.  Many Ang Mohs must have risked their lives to liberate you.  What have YOU risked for your country?

Better to know something about an historical figure before making assumptions, I think. Most people assumed Lord Louis Mountbatten was an upright figure, a fine soldier and leader of men who married one of the richest women in England. After all he was a great grandson of Queen Victoria.

 

Not sure about his being a thief but his honor was more than questionable and he was certainly a liar - big time. Both Mountbattens started to have affairs quite soon after their marriage. Her long affair with the leader of India, Nehru, was a well known scandal. Last year’s publication of a book about the couple made clear this was just the tip of the iceberg. Mountbatten was homosexual and a pedophile. Both were criminal offenses. A Freedom of Information request showed that an early 1940s FBI Intelligence dossier made when the British wanted Mountbatten to be the Supreme Allied Commander in South East Asia characterized the couple as “persons of extremely low morals”. Mountbatten had “a perversion for young boys.”

Edited by InBangkok
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

What happens?  you don't want to be saved?   Or are you not of this world?  :lol: 

 

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Is more like Obama 2.0, while u won't expect ridiculous decision from them, but probably also don't expect too much from them. 

Oh yes... only the great U.S of As can safe the world... like any of those Hollywood movies... shiok sendiri (i.e. self-masterbatory...)

What the past 4 years have shown is the world still spins with or without them.

Move on... the rest of the world are mighty capable of looking after themselves... no need anyone to come stir the pot and then tell them "ooppps sumthin's wrong, we gonna come in and help cha..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

I agree that there is nepotism, like in other countries too.  Isn't there nepotism in Singapore too?   How about the son of Lee Kuan Yew?

If you have been living in a country under dictatorship with poor leadership, surrounded by un-talented "Yes-men", you will actually find Trump quite likable.  How does one liking Trump becomes a bad wish for America?  Besides, a rich man like him is not being paid well (unlike our politician) to look after hundred of millions of American.  The last we heard, many young Americans have found jobs prior to the covit-19.  I can't say the same in Singapore.  Nepotism caused by dictatorship is not the same as Nepotism in a free country.  Their differences are so huge.

Edited by Why?
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

If this is not white American supremacy, what is? I would have thought a person like him would be more supportive of Trump instead of Biden. 

 

There was racism involved,  in the post by this immature @Matureltrans68 racist:

 

10 hours ago, Matureltrans68 said:

 

NOT THOSE ANG MO FROM THE WEST!!!

You may Praise those western scumbags for all you want. 

They are ALL LIARS,  WARMONGERS AND THIEFS to me. 

 

 

who says that the Ang Mohs from the west are all liars, warmongers and thieves.  You want more racism than that?

 

And I responded with real facts, not "American supremacy".  The Americans and British were not the warmongers, but the Germans and Japanese were the ones in WWII.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

There was racism involved,  in the post by this immature @Matureltrans68 racist:

 

 

who says that the Ang Mohs from the west are all liars, warmongers and thieves.  You want more racism than that?

 

And I responded with real facts, not "American supremacy".  The Americans and British were not the warmongers, but the Germans and Japanese were the ones in WWII.

with reference to modern history, is America not guilty of any loss of innocent lives?  Didn't American soldiers torture POWs? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, InBangkok said:

Better to know something about an historical figure before making assumptions, I think. Most people assumed Lord Louis Mountbatten was an upright figure, a fine soldier and leader of men who married one of the richest women in England. After all he was a great grandson of Queen Victoria.

 

Not sure about his being a thief but his honor was more than questionable and he was certainly a liar - big time. Both Mountbattens started to have affairs quite soon after their marriage. Her long affair with the leader of India, Nehru, was a well known scandal. Last year’s publication of a book about the couple made clear this was just the tip of the iceberg. Mountbatten was homosexual and a pedophile. Both were criminal offenses. A Freedom of Information request showed that an early 1940s FBI Intelligence dossier made when the British wanted Mountbatten to be the Supreme Allied Commander in South East Asia characterized the couple as “persons of extremely low morals”. Mountbatten had “a perversion for young boys.”

 

Better to resist being cynical and overly critical to see every military commanders as "LIARS, WARMONGERS and THIEVES" like this @Matureltrans68spewed out.  My response to him was very measured and fitting.  I admitted that I don't know much about Lord Mountbatten but I attributed to him much pride and honor as a soldier, plus he was not a liar and a thief.  Why did I made these statements?

 

We should give people the benefit of the doubt. If he is in a honorable position, there should be some honor in him. He will not be a thief if he is a member of the Royal Family with millions in wealth.  He cannot be a liar if he is assigned to a post of the highest responsibility.   Note that Mountbatten was assigned to his commands,  not elected by a bunch of idiotic malevolent Americans like was the case with Donald Trump.  (just in case you want to give him as an example that contradicts what I just wrote).

 

Mountbatten had many defects but also many virtues. His biographers admit that "he was a truly great man", "his virtues outweighed his defects", "generous and loyal, and warm hearted".  (from Wikipedia).  

 

One cannot understand how as a homosexual you can condemn his lying about his homosexuality.  In those days, homosexuality was against the law in Britain.  His pedophilia has been disputed, although I don't think it is improbable, so I don't pass judgment on that.  If he was a pedophile, one can understand that he also lied about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

We should give people the benefit of the doubt. If he is in a honorable position, there should be some honor in him. He will not be a thief if he is a member of the Royal Family with millions in wealth.  He cannot be a liar if he is assigned to a post of the highest responsibility. 

What a load of nonsense!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, InBangkok said:

What a load of nonsense!

 

Well, you can think that what I wrote (you only posted an excerpt of it) is nonsense, but this only tarnishes you.

 

Unfortunately you seem to have accepted that a character like Donald Trump as a lieder, a person in command is typical.  Yes, there are a certain percentage of low-lives with too much power,  but this is not typical, although it is a temptation for the cynical to think like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/21/america-loves-excusing-its-war-criminals-trump-pardons/

 

America Loves Excusing Its War Criminals

Bitter memories of impunity for U.S. soldiers still rankle even close allies.

 

This is a lie.  A majority of Americans were opposed of Trump's actions pardoning the Navy Seal. 

America does not love excusing its war criminals.

Instead, it has an insane love for celebrating Thanksgiving.  And this is a big problem.

WHOW KNOWS what will be the death toll after this and other holidays!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Yes, except that the democrats will not do the stupidities Trump did. They will seek protections against China, but will not shoot themselves in the foot by trying that.

Are you being the optimistic you or is this just too powerful a rebound from Trump days?  As much as I am happy that you are happy.  Because we know the road ahead ain't easy, it won't be that difficult.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

Are you being the optimistic you or is this just too powerful a rebound from Trump days?  As much as I am happy that you are happy.  Because we know the road ahead ain't easy, it won't be that difficult.

 

 

They are the facts seen through the optimistic lens of mine.  There will be an initial big and easy improvement: to undo the many executive orders that Trump made.  From there on,  progress will be slower and long. Remember how long progress took during the 8 years of Obama, slowed down by an antagonist Congress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

 

They are the facts seen through the optimistic lens of mine.  There will be an initial big and easy improvement: to undo the many executive orders that Trump made.  From there on,  progress will be slower and long. Remember how long progress took during the 8 years of Obama, slowed down by an antagonist Congress.

You should give Trump another 4 years.  1st term is just too short for American to see the kinder side of him.  Biden has spend 50 years as politicians , what is new about him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guest Willy said:

You should give Trump another 4 years.  1st term is just too short for American to see the kinder side of him.  Biden has spend 50 years as politicians , what is new about him?

 

Yes, Trump tried to show his "kinder side" for the next 4 years ahead.  He is refusing to concede the elections,  instead he had a vibrant team all fired up to prove that the election had been STOLEN from him.  After they failed in their attempt to prove the election rigged,  his last move was to appeal to the republican governors so that they disregard the votes of the American public and instead promote the pro-Trump delegates,  a move similar to promoting himself as a dictator.

 

What is new about Biden?   He is starting to get OLD,  a process that brings maturity, changes ideals from the youth, makes him more understanding and brings out empathy.  Also in his 8 years with Obama he may have learned a thing or two.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest It is ME
11 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

After they failed in their attempt to prove the election rigged,  his last move was to appeal to the republican governors so that they disregard the votes of the American public and instead promote the pro-Trump delegates,  a move similar to promoting himself as a dictator

Don't try to spice up your argument.  Trump is asking for another term in office whereas a dictator stays on forever.  You must be confused between the two. What kind of breakfast have you been consuming or are you reading the wrong newspaper thrown at your doorstep? Take it easy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest It is ME said:

Don't try to spice up your argument.  Trump is asking for another term in office whereas a dictator stays on forever.  You must be confused between the two. What kind of breakfast have you been consuming or are you reading the wrong newspaper thrown at your doorstep? Take it easy. 

 

It may be you, whoever you are, that is trying to distort things.  Trump IS trying to stay forever, that's why he invented this "election fraud".   If he would not be trying to stay in power no-matter-what  he would have conceded the victory to Biden as soon as this became evident, wished him good luck,  and announced his intention to have another term as president AFTER Biden.   It is also easy to understand why he wants to stay in power, because he faces serious consequences after he loses his immunity as president.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Real Consequence
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

It is also easy to understand why he wants to stay in power, because he faces serious consequences after he loses his immunity as president.

And Kim Jong Un can now safely nuke America?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guest Real Consequence said:

And Kim Jong Un can now safely nuke America?

 

He could try to nuke America.  But would he be such a fool?   In most seas of this world there are incognito American submarines which could retaliate and transform North Korea into a moon landscape.  And if he can reach America from land,  America can reach him from land.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

 

Well, you can think that what I wrote (you only posted an excerpt of it) is nonsense, but this only tarnishes you.

 

Unfortunately you seem to have accepted that a character like Donald Trump as a lieder, a person in command is typical.  Yes, there are a certain percentage of low-lives with too much power,  but this is not typical, although it is a temptation for the cynical to think like that.

Rubbish! Your post describing Mountbatten is full of errors and, worse, wrong assumptions. 

 

The allegation that someone will not have been a thief because he was member of a Royal Family is nuts. Queen Victoria had almost 90 great grandchildren. You seem to suppose as such that all will be wealthy. Totally untrue. Mountbatten’s was a minor branch of that family and like many he had to work for a living. 

 

Most remaining European royal families are irrelevant apart from Spain’s. Strange, given your comments, that the former King of almost 40 years, at one time like Mountbatten hugely respected despite a long series of marital infidelities, now lives in exile - the result of a huge scandal involving bribery, theft and misuse of public funds. So royals can’t be thieves?

 

I did not, as you state, condemn his homosexuality. I merely stated it was against the law in the UK for most of his life. In the eyes of the law, therefore, he was therefore a known criminal. Remember that at the same time, Alan Turing was gay, found out and given the choice of 2 years in jail or chemical castration. Having chosen the latter, this man who, it is universally agreed, unquestionably shortened the war in Europe by about 2 years and saved 14 million lives, killed himself because of the effect of punishment on his life. With Mountbatten, the man whose decision to bring forward the partition of India by a year resulted in the genocide of up to 2 million souls, the authorities merely turned blind eyes.

 

But it is the entire tone of your paean to his virtues that come crashing down in the discussion of his pedophilia. The recent book I referred to has first hand testimony, with one referring to his liking for “beautiful young boys in school uniform”. His driver during the war is on record as stating he would take young boys of between 8 and 12 to him and was given a weekly payment to keep quiet.

 

And you believe this man deserved honour? That is certainly not my idea of honour.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FiveDicks

Aiyoh these once hillbilly AMDK can talk so much to justify they are an angel to save the world, talk is cheap but what we see throughout the history is they continues made a mess from stolen lands, genocide, brainwashed the native people namely America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and until today could get away as they formed an Anglosphere club.  No wonder some still worshiped and brainwashed/whitewashed them via the powerful media and film industry they created.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, InBangkok said:

Rubbish! Your post describing Mountbatten is full of errors and, worse, wrong assumptions. 

 

The allegation that someone will not have been a thief because he was member of a Royal Family is nuts. Queen Victoria had almost 90 great grandchildren. You seem to suppose as such that all will be wealthy. Totally untrue. Mountbatten’s was a minor branch of that family and like many he had to work for a living. 

 

Most remaining European royal families are irrelevant apart from Spain’s. Strange, given your comments, that the former King of almost 40 years, at one time like Mountbatten hugely respected despite a long series of marital infidelities, now lives in exile - the result of a huge scandal involving bribery, theft and misuse of public funds. So royals can’t be thieves?

 

 

Now you are coming up with a bunch of nonsense trying to gain an upper hand in this conversation.  What moves you to download such loads of dirt to prove me wrong?  

I said that I don't know much about Mountbatten, but I don't think of him as a thief and dishonorable in principle, given all the honors he received and being a member of the Royal family.  You haven't shown that he stole anything, and in his long career he was not dishonored.  You dug out a lot of dirt on him, and after now looking up more of his life, I doubt much of it.  If the king of Spain was discovered to have stolen, this is no reason to assume that royalties are thieves.  Maybe if one day I have an audience with a member of a royal family, should I check my pockets thereafter?  But in any case, my point is that one should not immediately assume the worst about a person.  I never thought of you as a thief and a criminal, but,  how can I know?  Should I assume that perhaps you have an obscure past covered by your music activities?  I don't do that!

 

 

2 hours ago, InBangkok said:

 

I did not, as you state, condemn his homosexuality. I merely stated it was against the law in the UK for most of his life. In the eyes of the law, therefore, he was therefore a known criminal. Remember that at the same time, Alan Turing was gay, found out and given the choice of 2 years in jail or chemical castration. Having chosen the latter, this man who, it is universally agreed, unquestionably shortened the war in Europe by about 2 years and saved 14 million lives, killed himself because of the effect of punishment on his life. With Mountbatten, the man whose decision to bring forward the partition of India by a year resulted in the genocide of up to 2 million souls, the authorities merely turned blind eyes.

 

But it is the entire tone of your paean to his virtues that come crashing down in the discussion of his pedophilia. The recent book I referred to has first hand testimony, with one referring to his liking for “beautiful young boys in school uniform”. His driver during the war is on record as stating he would take young boys of between 8 and 12 to him and was given a weekly payment to keep quiet.

 

And you believe this man deserved honour? That is certainly not my idea of honour.

 

 

Yes, you did!  You condemned his homosexuality as part of the bashing of his character, remarking that because of that he was a criminal.  And a liar big time! His decision to expedite the independence of India had its reasons, and he apparently did not push the partition and separation of Pakistan.  The situation was quite complicated, not as simple as you put it to bash him. There was no purposed genocide of millions of Indians. It was an unfortunate consequence of the partition. You are too quick to bring up genocide like what happened to 6 million people in another country at the time.

 

And his pedophilia...  Having the knowledge of the unjust condemnation of homosexuality,  I stop short of a blanket condemnation of pedophilia.  I am against it, but I don't know what makes a person a pedophilic.  And I suspect that you don't know it either.  At most I speculate that it may be another mistake by the Creator.

 

Your idea of honor does not matter here.  There is some honor in a person who chooses to become a soldier and risk his life for his country.  Musicians seldom have this honor, although they may have other ways to be honorable.

 

The topic of this thread is the US government and its transition from the presidency of Donald Trump.  It serves no purpose to uncover misdeeds of people in position of power who are already dead and nearly forgotten.  I think that the misdeeds of Trump are far more serious than that of this soldier in WWII who lead in the liberation of Singapore,  while Trump did a lot of damage to the US.  Let's change the conversation to him, if possible.

.

Edited by Steve5380
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I stop short of a blanket condemnation of pedophilia.  I am against it, but I don't know what makes a person a pedophilic.  And I suspect that you don't know it either.  At most I speculate that it may be another mistake by the Creator.

You do not condemn pedophilia outright? That is sick and utterly disgraceful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, InBangkok said:

You do not condemn pedophilia outright? That is sick and utterly disgraceful.

 

I condemn the act of pedophilia for its possible victimization,  but not the pedophilic himself.  I don't know if it is voluntary or inborn.

 

But you are sick and utterly disgraceful if you call me sick and utterly disgraceful.  This should go without saying :)

 

Edited by Steve5380
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
counter