Male HQ

Why it is alright to let go people who once were close to your heart?

Guest Lawrence56

Guest Lawrence56

It has been a year since I grt rid those people in my life. We were very close friends. I always lend one of the guy some money to finance his car loan. I even went to his place and befriend his relatives. We frequently eat at expensive restaurants with his friends. My other friends were saying that I was being used that those guys befriended me for money. I was deaf and blind to what they were saying. I'm enjoying the company until I realize that they were right. One fine day I'm the who ask favor to those guys, they turned me down. Slowly they were ghosting me. They didn't talk to me at work. They no longer ask me to go out. Good thing I have other good friends. I have already moved on. Always love yourself first and never get abused especially for money.

Good that you had the opportunity to test those "good friends" and to learn a valuable lesson. 

Yes, WE should be the ones closest to our heart.  And not be afraid that we put ourselves ahead of other people.

Your post made me think that we should not let too much time pass before we TEST the friendship of others.  We can do this by simulating some need and see if they jump in to help us.  For example, If we have friends that we like to help with money, we invent some hardship that keeps us from giving them any money, and see if they will still be our friends. 

16 hours ago, Guest Lawrence56 said:

It has been a year since I grt rid those people in my life. We were very close friends. I always lend one of the guy some money to finance his car loan. I even went to his place and befriend his relatives. We frequently eat at expensive restaurants with his friends. My other friends were saying that I was being used that those guys befriended me for money. I was deaf and blind to what they were saying. I'm enjoying the company until I realize that they were right. One fine day I'm the who ask favor to those guys, they turned me down. Slowly they were ghosting me. They didn't talk to me at work. They no longer ask me to go out. Good thing I have other good friends. I have already moved on. Always love yourself first and never get abused especially for money.

Is your title a question or a statement?  If you got money and willing to be emperor or water fish, then go ahead.  You can get a kick out of it too.  Just don't expect them to reciprocate and then turn all sour when they don't.

Edited by FattChoy

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest
On 11/30/2020 at 12:35 AM, Guest Lawrence56 said:

Sad. Some people do attach them to your life because of fame or money. You should stay out from those kind of people

On 11/30/2020 at 12:35 AM, Guest Lawrence56 said:

Good riddance 👍

Edited by yuquidam

• G_M locked this topic