Male HQ

Dear Tenant (2020 TW film)(Spoilers)

Guest Conflicted

Guest Conflicted

The taiwanese film on a gay couple Dear Tenant(2020) was released today in GV. Its about a guy taking care of his boyfriend's son and mother after the boyfriend's death and then got accused of murdering the mother.

Has anyone watched the film and felt sad that the main actor was not able to keep his promise to his deceased boyfriend to take care of his son?(i.e. Boyfriend's son with ex wife). I also tend to feel the same homophobic current flowing through the film in SG. Its not that strong but its there. 

Anyone felt sad/cry after watching the film too?

14 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

I thought this topic would  be about the old woman who won the acting award

Why do people in BW love to talk about lao zhar bohs? 🤣

Guest Conflicted
15 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

I thought this topic would  be about the old woman who won the acting award

Yes I am happy that both Mo Tzu-yi(Main actor) and Chen Shu-fang(Grandma) won at the taiwan Golden Horse Awards 2020 as best leading actor and best leading actress/supporting actress(2 wins with different shows, won supporting actress for Dear Tenant).

But the film itself makes me feel so sad in that we can relate to it. We can never adopt children(nor get married) here in SG and if we do encounter a bisexual boyfriend/husband with children(like in the film) we most likely will kenna the same as in the movie if the boyfriend dies. Our society has not accepted us fully and the prejudice is still there. I see many girls able to hold hands in public without being questioned but you don't see guys holding hands in orchard road for example. 

Its like the main actor told police in the film that if he was a girl and her husband die, the police will never ask the questions that they did to him...

The only part that made me happy was when grandma knows she was dying soon and asked the main actor to adopt her deceased's son child(i.e. the boy) below and they took this happy picture(Grandma even did make-up and all ,dressed nicely). This picture was so poignant.

P.S. You would think this was a publicity shot to promote the movie but no this scene was straight from a critical part in the film.

spacer.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.