Male HQ

Covid-19 Vaccine Discussion (compiled)

begleitung

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New Moderna's vaccine shows even more positive results than Pfizer's. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/moderna-announces-initial-phase-data-showing-covid-19/story?id=74227175&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

Nearly 95% effective,  can be stored in standard refrigerator !  And it does not contain the covid virus.

One unknown remains, and this is the time the vaccine will remain effective.  However,  if everybody would be vaccinated, it would not need to last long.   The whole virus would disappear, and so all sources of contagion, and then no vaccine would be needed for a while.  We should feel very optimistic. :thumb:

1 hour ago, Guest 95 %Trial and Error said:

The elderly folks should be injected first. Start from Steve5380 and then let's wait and see anything happen. What u think?

Why not? I am not afraid of vaccines.  I get the yearly flu one, got the shingles ones, the hepatitis B ones, and all the children's ones to be with my newborn grandson.

Once vaccinated against the Covid, I will rush to Singapore and take a 10 entries pass to Keybox and Hook Club.  Then I travel to KL to frequent several times Mandi Manda, Otot Otot, Kakiku,  before flying to Bangkok and making my rounds of Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, Farose II, Dejavu, Male Box,  all without risk of getting infected with Covid.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Why not? I am not afraid of vaccines.  I get the yearly flu one, got the shingles ones, the hepatitis B ones, and all the children's ones to be with my newborn grandson.

Once vaccinated against the Covid, I will rush to Singapore and take a 10 entries pass to Keybox and Hook Club.  Then I travel to KL to frequent several times Mandi Manda, Otot Otot, Kakiku,  before flying to Bangkok and making my rounds of Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, Farose II, Dejavu, Male Box,  all without risk of getting infected with Covid.

Lol, with your wealth of knowledge of the hunting grounds, you can start organising trips as a tour leader for newbies to orientate them to the rainbow world. 

I think this time, we should force all those foreign workers to pay for their own vaccination immediately, instead of penalizing us Singaporeans with the 35% increase in Medishield premiums after we used our resources to pay for their tests and quarantine accommodations. 

Then we sit back and watch for any side effects. 

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I think this time, we should force all those foreign workers to pay for their own vaccination immediately, instead of penalizing us Singaporeans with the 35% increase in Medishield premiums after we used our resources to pay for their tests and quarantine accommodations. 

Then we sit back and watch for any side effects. 

If you work for a company, you expect medical benefits and paid sick leave. How's that different for foreign workers who work here? 

32 minutes ago, Greenliv said:

Lol, with your wealth of knowledge of the hunting grounds, you can start organising trips as a tour leader for newbies to orientate them to the rainbow world. 

This expertise is several years old, since I haven't been hunting since 2017.  But I have plenty of other expertise that can orientate newbies and more advanced ones throughout their lives as gays.

1 hour ago, Greenliv said:

If you work for a company, you expect medical benefits and paid sick leave. How's that different for foreign workers who work here? 

Using your own logic, why didn't those companies pay for the tests and quarantine expenses of those foreign workers? Why did our Singapore government bear the expenses for them? In your own words, how's that different? 

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

In the name of what unprotected regular sex?  Are you talking nonsense again?

Probably those who can afford prep and pep so don't use condoms for anal sex.  Sound familiar, the same mentality that went aghast and then pray for the worst outcome for the Taiwan Gay Pride Parade.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think this time, we should force all those foreign workers to pay for their own vaccination immediately,

Their boss should pay, not the worker, not the taxpayers.  Fair and square.  Then watch the self-entitled boss KPKB to the labour union again.

Edited by Why?

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Using your own logic, why didn't those companies pay for the tests and quarantine expenses of those foreign workers? Why did our Singapore government bear the expenses for them? In your own words, how's that different? 

Quite logical that in this unprecedented time, the govt has to step in. Govt's stand is always to support companies first to protect jobs for Singaporeans.

If companies neglect the workers' testing, and the workers spread to the larger community, then it may cost even more to rectify a bigger problem. 

Fining the companies can be a followup action, but should not be a deterrent first step without taking the lead. 

Guest LIKE A YOUNG MAN
13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL you must either be a robot or energizer bunny! So super virile wow

1 hour ago, Greenliv said:

Quite logical that in this unprecedented time, the govt has to step in. Govt's stand is always to support companies first to protect jobs for Singaporeans.

If companies neglect the workers' testing, and the workers spread to the larger community, then it may cost even more to rectify a bigger problem. 

Fining the companies can be a followup action, but should not be a deterrent first step without taking the lead. 

Don't bullshit. Protect what jobs for Singaporeans? This has never happened for decades already. If it is even true, there won't be so much noise calling for all the foreign trash to go back to their countries, and the CECA agreement will not be such a big issue now. 

Anything unprecedented must use our reserves meh? If we must keep using our reserves because of unprecedented cases, then we will go bankrupt soon. Besides you got see us using our reserves to support foreign workers during SARS? COVID was not unprecedented at all, we went through SARS and H1N1 but we were still unprepared for this. If this is unprecedented, everything also is unprecedented already, despite all our years of independence. In that case, still vote for the same party for what? 

Besides, almost all other countries has already insisted for the employees or the employers to go fund their own quarantine and tests. Even Malaysia did that too. Singapore is the stupid one to use our reserves for them. And now, almost immediately after that, the government told us to expect a 30% increase in our Medishield premiums. You song boh? And you still want to defend people who used our money on other foreigners. Stupid! 

41 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't bullshit. Protect what jobs for Singaporeans? This has never happened for decades already. If it is even true, there won't be so much noise calling for all the foreign trash to go back to their countries, and the CECA agreement will not be such a big issue now. 

Anything unprecedented must use our reserves meh? If we must keep using our reserves because of unprecedented cases, then we will go bankrupt soon. Besides you got see us using our reserves to support foreign workers during SARS? COVID was not unprecedented at all, we went through SARS and H1N1 but we were still unprepared for this. If this is unprecedented, everything also is unprecedented already, despite all our years of independence. In that case, still vote for the same party for what? 

Besides, almost all other countries has already insisted for the employees or the employers to go fund their own quarantine and tests. Even Malaysia did that too. Singapore is the stupid one to use our reserves for them. And now, almost immediately after that, the government told us to expect a 30% increase in our Medishield premiums. You song boh? And you still want to defend people who used our money on other foreigners. Stupid! 

From your reaction, it's utterly clear that the situation is unprecedented. Otherwise, you would not be so highly agitated. 

Or maybe when it comes to politics, you are naturally combative. 

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This expertise is several years old, since I haven't been hunting since 2017.  But I have plenty of other expertise that can orientate newbies and more advanced ones throughout their lives as gays.

No One Cares GIFs | Tenor

Guest No 100% no talk
18 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

New Moderna's vaccine shows even more positive results than Pfizer's. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/moderna-announces-initial-phase-data-showing-covid-19/story?id=74227175&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

Nearly 95% effective,  can be stored in standard refrigerator !  And it does not contain the covid virus.

One unknown remains, and this is the time the vaccine will remain effective.  However,  if everybody would be vaccinated, it would not need to last long.   The whole virus would disappear, and so all sources of contagion, and then no vaccine would be needed for a while.  We should feel very optimistic. :thumb:

95% is still not good enough, need to be 100%.

Maybe the people at high risk such as those working at airport, hotel and healthcare should get shot first.

6 hours ago, Guest LIKE A YOUNG MAN said:

LOL you must either be a robot or energizer bunny! So super virile wow

Well... I was not too serious  :lol:

5 hours ago, Greenliv said:

From your reaction, it's utterly clear that the situation is unprecedented. Otherwise, you would not be so highly agitated. 

It's the latter. He is naturally combative, which he shows with American politics too.

3 hours ago, Guest No 100% no talk said:

Maybe the people at high risk such as those working at airport, hotel and healthcare should get shot first.

Unfortunately there are no vaccines that are 100% effective since the development of immunity depends also on the individual.

In the US there is going on a careful planning of the priorities of vaccination, with healthcare personnel, first responders and old folks in nursing homes getting priority.

6 hours ago, Greenliv said:

From his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation wasn't unprecedented, which was why he was so highly agitated. What's wrong with your comprehension skills? 

There's nothing combative about calling out on the elephant in the room. 

Just now, Guest Guest said:

From his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation wasn't unprecedented, which was why he was so highly agitated. What's wrong with your comprehension skills? 

There's nothing combative about calling out on the elephant in the room.

It's wearisome to explain the logic.

Unprecedented means never known before. 

"From his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation wasn't unprecedented" implies that from his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation was known before. If the situation is already known before, he should be quite used to it. Why then is he so taken aback now? Why is there such an extreme reaction to a situation that is supposed to be a normal occurrence to him? 

BTW, in the original post, it seems that the OP (original poster) has many elephants in the room. 

Now in your post, exactly which elephant are you calling out? It is difficult to follow your thought unless you stay calm and keep a cool head. 

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

It is embarrassing the way you vent your hate of foreigners with this ridiculous claim that their sickness becomes a heavy burden on your government.

In the US the health care of millions is paid by the government. Needy people get free Covid treatment. The hundreds of millions of Covid vaccines will be free for us. My late bf got far over a million dollars of free treatment from the government during his long illness.  In my impoverished native country Argentina we get free medical treatment from the government.  Yet people don't complain so bitterly like you over that,  except for the white supremacist republicans that have good insurance.

Singapore is a rich country, more than able to pay for late model fighter aircraft from the US that cost a fortune.  And you complain over the cost of giving medical treatment to a few foreigners?  Shame!

Edited by Steve5380

8 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

It is embarrassing the way you vent your hate of foreigners with this ridiculous claim that their sickness becomes a heavy burden on your government.

In the US the health care of millions is paid by the government. Needy people get free Covid treatment. The hundreds of millions of Covid vaccines will be free for us. My late bf got far over a million dollars of free treatment from the government during his long illness.  In my impoverished native country Argentina we get free medical treatment from the government.  Yet people don't complain so bitterly like you over that,  except for the white supremacist republicans that have good insurance.

Singapore is a rich country, more than able to pay for late model fighter aircraft from the US that cost a fortune.  And you complain over the cost of giving medical treatment to a few foreigners?  Shame!

Perhaps it is apt to share this link:

https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/rich-vs-poor-mindset/

33 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

48 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Talk about Singapore being rich? At the end of the day, it's still the taxpayers footing the bill.  For someone who is not going to be burden by the 30% increase in Medishield premiums, some people sure got a lot of things to say. 

54 minutes ago, Greenliv said:

It's wearisome to explain the logic.

Unprecedented means never known before. 

"From his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation wasn't unprecedented" implies that from his reaction, it is utterly clear that the situation was known before. If the situation is already known before, he should be quite used to it. Why then is he so taken aback now? Why is there such an extreme reaction to a situation that is supposed to be a normal occurrence to him? 

BTW, in the original post, it seems that the OP (original poster) has many elephants in the room. 

Now in your post, exactly which elephant are you calling out? It is difficult to follow your thought unless you stay calm and keep a cool head. 

You are the one losing the logic in the first place and yet you are the one asking others to stay calm? The irony... 

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Talk about Singapore being rich? At the end of the day, it's still the taxpayers footing the bill.  

Nonsense!

Here is what one reads about Singapore:

"Today, the Singapore economy is one of the most stable in the world, with no foreign debt, high government revenue and a consistently positive surplus. The Singapore economy is mainly driven by exports in electronics manufacturing and machinery, financial services, tourism, and the world's busiest cargo seaport."

Singapore economy: no foreign debt, consistent positive surplus, driven by exports, financial services, tourism, and the world's busiest cargo seaport.

Nowhere are the taxpayers mentioned.

Edited by Steve5380

29 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are the one losing the logic in the first place and yet you are the one asking others to stay calm? The irony... 

The irony is that even when logic and reason are explained to you, you choose to stay fixated to your own misguided illogical thinking. 

With such people, after one encounter, I simply walk away. 

2 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

I still don't get it.  The preoccupation with vaccine, instead of medication or treatment with less side effect.

The two new vaccines seem to have no serious side effects. 

Scientists are working on possible treatments with medication, but haven't produced anything dramatically helpful yet. 

There is a saying: "it's better to prevent than to cure".  A vaccine is something preventive.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, begleitung said:

It will take awhile to protect almost everyone:

https://www.ft.com/content/a832d5d7-4a7f-42cc-850d-8757f19c3b6b

Your link does not go directly to the article. It ask you to sign up or show you the paid fee for viewing packages. And only show you the short heading title. Your side line selling har? hahahahahahaah

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:08 AM, begleitung said:

Over three more years of waiting time is so unjust for the people of least resources.  

An expenditure of $600 million seems like a small investment in such an important need.

This is what is wasted or misused in the US every couple of days.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, Guest No 100% no talk said:

If only 95%, then why do we still need to take the vaccine?

22 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I don't think there is any vaccine that can promise u 100% coverage, vaccination will be the new passport to travel unless u r planning to stay put in SG. 

So far wonder anyone plan not to go for the jab when it is your turn to go take the jab?

As a frontline staff, i would strongly urge everyone to go to take the vaccination. whether or not it works.. just take it as a form of insurance for the sake of your love ones around you. That will includes one's elderly parents, siblings, spous & child / children.

At this stage of the vaccination, the govt is currently making sure all SAF personnels, elderly folks, frontline staffs (healthcare, retail sectors, hawkers, fnb staffs, cleaners, fws) to be vaccinated first.

2nd stage, children from 16 & above and the rest of the singaporeans. Yes currently its all pfizers.. next batch after march will be Modena. 

And i agreed.. getting the vaccine does not mean u will not kena covid

On how severe can this covid be..?? trust me.. its severe enough that you will lose your sense of taste & smell PERMANENTLY.. your lung capacity will reduced by a certain percentage. You may even need to carry an asthma inhaler with you at all times. And those who don't wish to take the vaccine.. its up to you currently as its based on voluntarily. But you have to go for a Regular Routine Test (1 week once instead of 2 weeks once) which is the throat & nose swab. so its really up to you folks.

Our govt might planned to make it mandatory for all citizens to go for it   IF  the stats shows that those who refused to do it is high enough to create another issue.

Do not hesitate or think too much.. once we run out of vaccine then u want to do it.. by then, its too late to regret.  SO PLEASE GO FOR THE VACCINATION

Edited by single42

22 hours ago, single42 said:

As a frontline staff, i would strongly urge everyone to go to take the vaccination. whether or not it works.. just take it as a form of insurance for the sake of your love ones around you. That will includes one's elderly parents, siblings, spous & child / children.

At this stage of the vaccination, the govt is currently making sure all SAF personnels, elderly folks, frontline staffs (healthcare, retail sectors, hawkers, fnb staffs, cleaners, fws) to be vaccinated first.

2nd stage, children from 16 & above and the rest of the singaporeans. Yes currently its all pfizers.. next batch after march will be Modena. 

And i agreed.. getting the vaccine does not mean u will not kena covid

On how severe can this covid be..?? trust me.. its severe enough that you will lose your sense of taste & smell PERMANENTLY.. your lung capacity will reduced by a certain percentage. You may even need to carry an asthma inhaler with you at all times. And those who don't wish to take the vaccine.. its up to you currently as its based on voluntarily. But you have to go for a Regular Routine Test (1 week once instead of 2 weeks once) which is the throat & nose swab. so its really up to you folks.

Our govt might planned to make it mandatory for all citizens to go for it   IF  the stats shows that those who refused to do it is high enough to create another issue.

Do not hesitate or think too much.. once we run out of vaccine then u want to do it.. by then, its too late to regret.  SO PLEASE GO FOR THE VACCINATION

Do you mean the Regular Routine Test apply to those people who did not take the jab when all people have already taken the jab?

• G_M changed the title to Covid-19 Vaccine Discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.