Male HQ

Vaccination Discussion + Should I ask my elderly parents to vaccinate? + All Singapore residents to be vaccinated (compiled)

Guest Freaky

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

image.thumb.png.eed468d4ecb95d4d6b26896826a0983d.png

Apparently the effective rate of China vaccines cannot be determined yet,  ranging from 50% to self proclaimed 79%.

Countries that dare to use it probably have no other choice, interesting to note they approved the use of China vaccine not so much for it's effectiveness but more like they can help to preserved their medical resources by say 50%.

The risk is that the other 50% taught that after their vaccination, they are free from covid, not knowing that they can still kena the virus and spread to others unknowingly. 

At 50% effectiveness, they can go buy Pfizer or Moderna's vaccine and resell them at the same price with an equivalent number of doses of plain water. Like that also can become super profitable already. This type of effectiveness also dare to 拿出来卖。丢脸!

Heard that the govt is trying to use threat to get people vaccinated .  Who has already done so? I am not ready.  I want to see how pinky and fatty react to the vaccination a year later before forcing me to take a jab. I also do not want my elderly to expose to questionable vaccines . Who is with me here. 

19 minutes ago, Guest Freaky said:

Heard that the govt is trying to use threat to get people vaccinated .  Who has already done so? I am not ready.  I want to see how pinky and fatty react to the vaccination a year later before forcing me to take a jab. I also do not want my elderly to expose to questionable vaccines . Who is with me here. 

If you no scare later when you want to get vaccine, and there is no vaccine available then can reject the jab and wait?! Haha.

Guest No want!
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

If you no scare later when you want to get vaccine, and there is no vaccine available then can reject the jab and wait?! Haha.

Minister said don't jump the queue because they afraid. Under stress with citizens they went for jab.   Now the ministers got injected they want people to suffer with them if got side effect.  Irresponsible.  Where is the don't jump queue statement to the public now?

More than 12,400 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Israel after getting inoculated by the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine, including 69 people who had taken their second jab.

Israel's health ministry tested 189,000 people after they vaccinated by Pfizer's vaccine and 6.6 per cent of the people still tested positive for COVID-19.

Earlier, Nachman Ash, national coordinator on the pandemic had said that Pfizer's vaccine was "less effective than we had thought".

Guest disinformation

But he and his wife seem to follow the Querdenker movement, which seems to object to anything about the existence of Corona virus or seem there is a government action (some blame Bill Gates) to use the non existant Covid19 pandemic to reduce liberties.

He seems to be in denial of Covid 19 or it's seriousness (more than 50,000 people died on Covid-19 since February 2020 in Germany alone)

Sucharit Bhakdi (born Sucharit Punyaratabandhu, 1 November 1946, in Washington, D.C.) is a retired Thai-German microbiologist.[1] In 2020 Bhakdi became a prominent exponent of ideas about the coronavirus pandemic that ran counter to the scientific consensus.

The German non-profit Correctiv fact-checked one of Bhakdi's YouTube videos, and found a number of problematic claims, including the claim that any COVID-19 vaccine would be "pointless", and that the virus posed no more threat than influenza.[20] Writing for Foreign Policy, Tyson Barker (Head of DGAP's Technology & Global Affairs Program)[29] described Bhakdi as a prominent example from a "crop of debunked but credentialed so-called experts minting conspiracy theories and undermining fact-based information".[30]

In October 2020 the University of Mainz issued a statement to the effect that it does not support Bhakdi's views.

Coronavirus crisis disinformation on digital platforms

FAMOUS DOCTORS AND THEIR DANGEROUS DISINFORMATION

The entire world faces a crisis in the present, perhaps the biggest one in modern times, one which threatens to jeopardize social and economic flows, but also to change the life we are used to and introduce some new habits into our everyday routine. There are two outbreaks that develop at the same rate — one threatening to endanger the health of mankind, and the other affecting the right of people to be informed accurately about health-related issues, as without this people are poisoned with disinformation.

The case of the German doctor: Sucharit Bhakdi

Other scandalous advice comes from the German professor of microbiology Sucharit Bhakdi, who claims that the new coronavirus is not a threat. The two most viewed videos on his YouTube channel have recorded a total of 3.1 million views, while his advice reached 927,300 Facebook users in the former Yugoslavia on Facebook pages of regional portals quoting this professor (for instance, Croativ.net, Novi horizonti.ba, Logično.com, Index.ba, Teleskop.hr).

One of Bhakdi`s claims is that the coronavirus does not pose a huge danger, and that the measures introduced in Germany are meaningless and self-destructive. However, data from the World Health Organization shows that we cannot treat COVID-19 exactly the same way we treat flu. Also, the professor attributes the high number of virus victims in Italy to external environmental factors, such as the high air pollution in northern Italy and China, whileOECD statistics on the impact of air pollution on health question this assertion.

Just ask why did so many people die on Covid-19?

All made up?

Please don't spread falsehoods from disinformation.

13 hours ago, Nightingale said:

(Just my guess) Something common in these 2 areas, which happen to be the stronghold of _ _ _

If they don't care to explain the criteria, then is very easy for people to think that way.

Also I would suggest they should have some MP and ministers to wait for the China vaccine to be approved and take them in order to convince the public to go for China vaccine.

Guest Derelict
On 1/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, Guest No? said:

You are extremely old and vulnerable and you have no other option.  You either volunteer to save yourself or game over.  But...but I am talking about young precious lived in this forum. They should have a choice .

Hahahaha...well said

On 1/16/2021 at 8:10 PM, Nightingale said:

If I get vaccinated:

1.  Can I stop wearing the mask?

Government Response - No

2.  Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?

Government Response - No

3.  Will I be resistant to covid?

Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it

4.  At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?

Government Response - No you can still pass it on, possibly, nobody knows.

5.  If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally?

Government Response - No

6.  If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?

Government Response - No

7.  If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands? 

Government Response - No

8.  If I vaccinate myself and my grandfather, can we hug each other?

Government Response - No

9.  Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened thanks to vaccines?

Government Response - No

10.  Will the vaccinated be able to gather?

Government Response - No

11.  What is the real benefit of vaccination?

Government Response - The virus won't kill you.

12.  Are you sure it won't kill me?

Government Response - No

13.  If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?"

Government Response - To protect others.

14.  So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them?

Government Response - No

So to summarise, the Covid19 vaccine...

Does not give immunity.

Does not eliminate the virus.

Does not prevent death.

Does not guarantee you won’t get it.

Does not prevent you from getting it.

Does not stop you passing it on

Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.

Does not eliminate the need for business closures.

Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.

Does not eliminate the need for masking.

So...what the heck is it actually doing?

So it proves you can’t believe anything the government says...Bottom Line is that the vaccines are safe, are effective and will prevent you from developing COVID-19. Which one is the best vaccine? The one that is approved and which you can get.  The sooner, the better.

12 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Good for you then.  It's ok if you believe that these are true vaccines in the strictest sense (True vaccines don't require you to wear mask).  Good for Steve too.  As for approval, I won't elaborate on the undercurrent which I had hinted.  Don't forget that issues like 377A and our present President were also "approved" by Parliament, i.e. if you take approval at face value.

You will be receiving your notice of vaccination soon. Elderly is given priority.  Lucky you to have joined Steve's club by then.

• 3 weeks later...

i would allow my mum, who's in her eighties, to go for the vaccination because 1. she is socially very active still 2. she is also in good health 3. she's not taking any blood thinners and 4. she does not have a history of an anaphylactic reaction to any medication. as a precaution, i would opt for her vaccination to be done in a polyclinic or a hospital.

8 minutes ago, gc0805 said:

IMHO, polyclinics and hospitals are better equipped to handle resuscitation, simply because there are more medical staff at hand if help is required. 

A good reason.  Also, medical facilities are better prepared to properly handle the vaccines and vaccinations.

9 hours ago, gc0805 said:

IMHO, polyclinics and hospitals are better equipped to handle resuscitation, simply because there are more medical staff at hand if help is required. 

Ya, so scary. Elderly should be vaccinated in Clinic and not in community area. I still do not trust the vaccine on people with hypertension .

Guest Legs Soften
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

And what if the reaction is not immediate but a day or two later? When u think it’s safe to leave her alone at home even for a while?

Now that many elderly have been vaccinated, I hope the government and MOH can be transparent with statistics and the side effects the elderly faced and how many were struggling to cope with the side effects and the 2nd dose of vaccinations that affect these group of people too.   Most elderly have some form of medication, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetic, thyroid to name a few.  Will the vaccine interfere with those medication?  Still not much informations or assurance unless someone has to speak to their own doctor.  More publicity in this regard except asking mediacock actor actress to encourage people to go jab.

On 2/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, Guest Legs Soften said:

Now that many elderly have been vaccinated, I hope the government and MOH can be transparent with statistics and the side effects the elderly faced and how many were struggling to cope with the side effects and the 2nd dose of vaccinations that affect these group of people too.   Most elderly have some form of medication, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetic, thyroid to name a few.  Will the vaccine interfere with those medication?  Still not much informations or assurance unless someone has to speak to their own doctor.  More publicity in this regard except asking mediacock actor actress to encourage people to go jab.

Nowadays even many people who are in their 40s and 50s already have cholesterol, diabetic, thyroid and high blood, and not only happen to elderly. Maybe the media only report the positive side of vaccine and not the negative side of the vaccine?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ivanka
On 2/22/2021 at 12:46 AM, Steve5380 said:

A good reason.  Also, medical facilities are better prepared to properly handle the vaccines and vaccinations.

Any side effect on you so far, after your 2nd jab? You have been quite weird of late and we are worried.

3 hours ago, Guest Ivanka said:

Any side effect on you so far, after your 2nd jab? You have been quite weird of late and we are worried.

No Ivanka,  I haven't had any side effects neither after the first shot nor the second  5 days ago.  But I won't let my guard down and I continue with all the precautions of before.  Please don't worry about me,  one day when you are more experienced, you will realize that what you now find "weird" is in reality wisdom.  :) 

Guest Truth be told
41 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

No Ivanka,  I haven't had any side effects neither after the first shot nor the second  5 days ago.  

Only 5 days ago? I heard 2nd dose of vaccine tend to create stronger reaction  on the patient.  You need to tell us the truth of how you feel like Fever, body ache or heart palpitation .

4 hours ago, Guest Truth be told said:

Only 5 days ago? I heard 2nd dose of vaccine tend to create stronger reaction  on the patient.  You need to tell us the truth of how you feel like Fever, body ache or heart palpitation .

I also heard the same,  I was warned at the clinic when I got the 2nd shot that these symptoms may appear within a few days after the vaccination. Five days is sufficient time for them to appear,  I even stopped going to the gym for the first days as a precaution,  and I have had no fever, no muscle aches, no respiratory or heart problems, no flu symptoms.  I attribute this to my good luck or my strong immune system.  :)

I don't need to tell any of this, but I do it to help spread the idea that there is little danger in getting vaccinated.   Hopefully you have it done too! :thumb: 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Immunology Analyst
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I even stopped going to the gym for the first days as a precaution,  and I have had no fever, no muscle aches, no respiratory or heart problems, no flu symptoms.  I attribute this to my good luck or my strong immune system.  :)

This forum has, over the years, systematically boosted your immune systems and save your life from vaccinations.  It has nothing to do with luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I find the marketing slogan Mediacorp artists used in the TVC is very misleading. "Getting vaccinated can protect your family." But never say how does it protect?

I'm also hearing many versions of truth out there.

Those who are vaccinated will have

1. Lower risk of getting infected.
  2. Less serious damage to health if infected but equal chance of getting infected compared to a non-vaccinated person.

Which is the truth?

The only reason to go for vaccination now is to avoid Sinovac. 

2 minutes ago, Guest how said:

I find the marketing slogan Mediacorp artists used in the TVC is very misleading. "Getting vaccinated can protect your family." But never say how does it protect?

2. Less serious damage to health if infected but equal chance of getting infected compared to a non-vaccinated person.

Which is the truth?

I find that you are far, far behind in knowledge about infectious diseases and basic medicine in general.   How can you be thinking that a vaccine against an infectious disease protecting your family is misleading?  Then you mention "many versions of truth out there".   There are not many versions,  there is ONE version, and this is the correct one.

An acceptable vaccine will not just "lower" the risk of getting infected.  It will eliminate MOST of the risk of infection.

And an acceptable vaccine will not leave an equal chance of getting infected compared to no vaccination.

You should not just ASK your elderly parents to be vaccinated,  you should ACTIVELY see that they get vaccinated.

8 hours ago, Guest how said:

Which is the truth?

Please, rather than asking here or searching who knows where online, just read the simple information available from MOH on the vaccine. As the other commenter says, there are not many versions of the truth - what you are finding online are lots of theories from people with dubious agendas, half-truths, ‘facts’ being shared by the well-meaning but misinformed and fake news. The answers you will get here on this thread be a mix of these too.

The information from MOH is scientifically proven data and simply written to answer your basic questions.

10 hours ago, Guest how said:

Which is the truth?

Yes,  go before they approved sinovac, the vaccine already in SG, so i believe will be approved soon ha...... 

The main incentive to get vaccinated probably is to be able to travel again after more than a year locked up in SG. 

A lot of questions are still not answered and dont seem to get reports on the side effects of those vaccinated here,  really? 

Guest Virula
10 hours ago, Guest how said:

Which is the truth?

How old is your parent?  If above 80, then ask them to seek their regular family doctor for opinion or suggestion.  According to the family doctor, people who don't go out regularly and are not involved in high risk area do no necessarily need injection.   Those who still work in back breaking job like cardboard collection, table cleaner, toilet janitor,  mac donald service staff,  kopi aunti/uncle ..etc need to be injected as they involved handing people utensil and meeting customers.   If you parent always stay indoor watching korean drama 24/7, then forget about get injection.  However, if they stay with their children who are involved in high risk job, than best is to get injected as their children may become potential carrier to bring home the virus.  As each family routine and activities are different, best is to do self assession.  Got one year to decide, no hurry.   I think up to end of the year period. 

Guest Guest
35 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes,  go before they approved sinovac, the vaccine already in SG, so i believe will be approved soon ha...... 

The main incentive to get vaccinated probably is to be able to travel again after more than a year locked up in SG. 

A lot of questions are still not answered and dont seem to get reports on the side effects of those vaccinated here,  really? 

Exactly ....  and HSA has begun evaluating this lousy vaccine with only 50.4% efficiency. Wait till Singapore kenna forced to approve this vaccine due to all those vaccine politics played by China. 

HSA begins review of Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine for use in Singapore, asks Chinese firm for more data (todayonline.com) 

2 hours ago, Guest Virula said:

How old is your parent?  If above 80, then ask them to seek their regular family doctor for opinion or suggestion.  According to the family doctor, people who don't go out regularly and are not involved in high risk area do no necessarily need injection.   Those who still work in back breaking job like cardboard collection, table cleaner, toilet janitor,  mac donald service staff,  kopi aunti/uncle ..etc need to be injected as they involved handing people utensil and meeting customers.   If you parent always stay indoor watching korean drama 24/7, then forget about get injection.  However, if they stay with their children who are involved in high risk job, than best is to get injected as their children may become potential carrier to bring home the virus.  As each family routine and activities are different, best is to do self assession.  Got one year to decide, no hurry.   I think up to end of the year period. 

According to which family doctor? Your theory on the parents staying inside not needing vaccination only works if those parents also never receive any visitors. 

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I find that you are far, far behind in knowledge about infectious diseases and basic medicine in general.   How can you be thinking that a vaccine against an infectious disease protecting your family is misleading?  Then you mention "many versions of truth out there".   There are not many versions,  there is ONE version, and this is the correct one.

An acceptable vaccine will not just "lower" the risk of getting infected.  It will eliminate MOST of the risk of infection.

And an acceptable vaccine will not leave an equal chance of getting infected compared to no vaccination.

You should not just ASK your elderly parents to be vaccinated,  you should ACTIVELY see that they get vaccinated.

And you are shying away from the HASTE in which these vaccines were developed.

After dragging on for so long and till this extend, they are for neither health nor lives, but money.

After producing you and all these years of claiming to know more than you as well as demanding your absolute obedience, tell your parent to make their choice and take up the responsibility of the choices they have made.

Quarantine, isolate and ostracize them in their preferred places of death till the viruses Die down so as not to bring down the public medical service, in the name of civic consciousness.

Taking into consideration the after shock on the respiratory system, legalise euthanasia.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Even sinovac is approved, maybe it would be made know which vaccination centre offering this vaccine. It is up to people if they want to go there to get their jab?!

Guest guest
15 hours ago, Guest how said:

Which is the truth?

No matter how well the information from MOH is scientifically proven data and how many people are going for the vaccine. End of the day still up to you if you want to go take up the jab or not. There is no right or wrong.

25 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

No matter how well the information from MOH is scientifically proven data and how many people are going for the vaccine. End of the day still up to you if you want to go take up the jab or not. There is no right or wrong.

What is your point exactly? 

Of course, people can choose to be vaccinated or not and then take the consequences either way.

But to decide not to be vaccinated on the basis of believing online conspiracy theories when you have access to accurate, scientifically proven data would make you wrong. Maybe not morally wrong (that’s a bigger question about how much you think you owe to society and society owes you, or the role of the individual in the community) but you would be definitely empirically wrong. 

Here's the internet to educate you.

Efficacy rate is calculated on,

Number vaccinated catch covid/number not vaccinated catch covid. 100%-ANS=efficacy %

E.g. 10/100 = 90% efficacy rate

The trials are also done on different timelines, lower infection vs peak infection. So stats might be skewed a bit.

Vaccinated means when you catch covid. You have a higher chance not to have complication. Simply put, you been through BMT vs a blur sotong recruit who know how to fire the gun between his legs only.

As to stats in sg, tend to be mild due to the lower vaccination rates (0.5m vs US 125m vaccinated). Patients above 60 tend to show lower side effects - suspected weaker immune response.

As to, if, look at your values and risks. Higher age above 60 with 3 highs tend to die usually. You scared die? You scared hospital bill you pay yourself if you don't die? ICU is like staying in MBS, ~$400/night thereof.

You die die must socialise, touch here touch there type? Higher risk demographics.

The PC term is vaccine outweighs the risks but nobody will dare say it's 100% safe. Means not like durian bao jiak. There are a small group of people who develop long term covid. They walk 5 mins like run 2.4, morning cannot wake up, still can't smell or taste, or headache till now no stop. Currently nobody knows why still. Sometimes natural selection still is best.

Last count. 500k have taken 1st dose. 200k completed both. 0 died with an erection on deathbed.

Guest You so sure?
4 hours ago, keyboard said:

Last count. 500k have taken 1st dose. 200k completed both. 0 died with an erection on deathbed.

Got Mati also won't report. 

Friend register liao but haven't got invite yet. Guessing now already got long waiting list with so many people ready to go back home or travel holiday.

By the way. When I did for my aunt few weeks back. Nearby all fully booked or late timings, so she had to take one 3 weeks out for AM slot. She was the >70 batch before 60 announcement.

Some centers don't practice appointed timing. So have to wait 45mins or so for registration.

Guest sgman

Singapore is going to open up to the rest of the world, like it or not.

With that, there is sure to be an increase in the amount of virus circulating around.

Currently, we are in an artificially "safe" environment, due to closed borders/quarantine/etc

I am not sure if it is wise to choose to remain unprotected going into the future.

Guest Kuti Kuti

Waaaaaaaah.....just realised so many lao ah pek in this forum. All got advance notification for vaccination.  I thought Steve5380 is the only LAO ANG MO here.

Guest 有KuKuJiao的处女妹
1 hour ago, Guest Kuti Kuti said:

Waaaaaaaah.....just realised so many lao ah pek in this forum. All got advance notification for vaccination.  I thought Steve5380 is the only LAO ANG MO here.

He is Si Ang Mo 死洋毛

• G_M changed the title to Vaccination Discussion + Should I ask my elderly parents to vaccinate? + All Singapore residents to be vaccinated (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic