Male HQ

fab

2 hours ago, Guest Go back office said:

why nothing on removing WFH? It should be abolished.

You:

1. don't like to work from home? 

2. you cannot WFH?

3. are a manager and you are afraid and always thinking that your ka kia are "relaxing" at home?

4. are required to WFH thinking that your peers are busy sucking up to your boss in the office?

5. ....?

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Don't see any significant change in phase 3, the changes are not going to affect most of us. 

48 minutes ago, mate69 said:

Ya I thought so too

someone already went out to say he will "try" to get into Phase 3 by year end... so this is important to show that he is really "trying", then later he will tell us all that he has "kept his promise". 

Hearsay many companies are planning to allow office staff to wfm permanently. 

Companies can save on rent and staff, on travelling time and transport costs. Win win for both parties.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Anyone in Events Organising or Management like myself.. this is hardly of any use. We lot, are still stuck and no way to generate income and employment to justify getting back to work.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You:

1. don't like to work from home? 

2. you cannot WFH?

3. are a manager and you are afraid and always thinking that your ka kia are "relaxing" at home?

4. are required to WFH thinking that your peers are busy sucking up to your boss in the office?

5. ....?

Please lah. The managers are the ones skiving. Delegate everything downwards then shake leg at home.

4 hours ago, fab said:

Hearsay many companies are planning to allow office staff to wfm permanently. 

Companies can save on rent and staff, on travelling time and transport costs. Win win for both parties.

Definitely not for my company, my company do not believe wfh, they want their employees to work in office as per what we have been doing for the past decades. Office rental cost already budgeted in the company cost, so no need to save on office rental at all sincce company would not go bankrupt even continue to pay for the office rental.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

someone already went out to say he will "try" to get into Phase 3 by year end... so this is important to show that he is really "trying", then later he will tell us all that he has "kept his promise". 

I think too fast to go into phase 3, from Jun until Dec, barely only around 7 months, sg already move from phase 1 to 2 and 3, i really wonder why need to be so rush? Now you see even in phase 2, so many people already never follow covid measures and all forgotten the covid virus still around. So when phase 3 officially started, cannot imagine what will happen!

10 hours ago, Guest Go back office said:

I also wonder why they never mention anything on wfh? They never say companies should continue to allow their employees to wfh in phase 3 or no need to wfh in phase 3? Why they always not clear on this? Resulted many companies never listen and never follow govt advisory.

1 minute ago, auscent said:

Nothing improved at work for me.

Lucky as PM announced, I had laptop on. Within a min, I secure booking for buffet. My frens and I have been looking at that for P3.

You are more concern on your friends gathering than covid?

10 hours ago, Guest Go back office said:

You must be kidding.

WFH is the best thing that happened this year. Dun need to waste time and money on travelling, can wake up late, can eat anytime, dun have to see colleagues i dun wanna see, can end work and be out of home in 15 mins. Heck, i can even work naked.

I hope this WFH arrangement can remain throughout 2021.

31 minutes ago, Guest WFH said:

You must be kidding.

WFH is the best thing that happened this year. Dun need to waste time and money on travelling, can wake up late, can eat anytime, dun have to see colleagues i dun wanna see, can end work and be out of home in 15 mins. Heck, i can even work naked.

Totally agree

unfortunately they already mentioned something about going back to work

Imagine the amount of rent companies can save if employees wfh. And for employees, better morale too: no need to fight traffic, stress out about parking (if you drive), deal with annoying coworkers, where to go lunch, etc. 
I see that as a win-win. 

• Confucius says: man who masturbates without tenga takes matter into his own hands.
  • The woman sat next to me on the train is writing a text on her iPhone. It's all underlined with the squiggly red line. Illiterate cunt.
  • Singapore's '白制服' 的官: 只准州官放火 | 不准百姓点灯
  • The Gynecologist - A lesbian went to the gynecologist one day, and as the doctor is examining her, he remarked, "My, aren't we clean today." "Yeah," replied the lesbian, "I have a woman who comes in twice a week."

36 minutes ago, Guest WFH said:

You must be kidding.

If your company don't support wfh or your job cannot wfh, you also have no choice but to go back office everyday. And if you already wfh for most of your 2020, it is time for you to go back office in 2021 since you have already enjoy so long.

37 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Totally agree

unfortunately they already mentioned something about going back to work

They mentioned something that they are planning to allow more people to go back to office, but doesn't mean they will stop wfh. Since the most recent change they allowed only half of the company headcount to go back office in any one time, so i guess they might allow more than half of the company headcount to go back to office in phase 3, but most likely they would still encourage companies to continue to allow employees to wfh at least few more months in 2021, esp when the vaccine still not guarantee will work or not.

I do not think they will advise companies to stop wfh completely and so fast, they should gradually open up people going back to office fully. If not the public transport gets jam packed, and increase the risk of covid transmission.

I'd think that the increased flexibility in work arrangements will be here to stay. Of course it will depend on the nature of your occupation. Through this WFH exercise in the past months, employers are able to gauge what works better for which group of employees. 

From an employee perspective, even among people whose functions appear to allow WFH, WFH does not suit everyone's work habits (e.g. some prefer a more physical boundary between work and home) and home environment (e.g. some people have difficulty finding an undisturbed space for work). But, overall, both employer and employee should appreciate the benefit of greater flexibility.

Just asking..

How come quite a few here think WFH is something all scopes of work can do but it is the govt or companies that refuse to ??? Or are most thinking ONLY without your own scope of work or yourself? How much of a business change, time and money to implement them especially during a lockdown. What kind of logistic, methodology and complexity will be at play to do so? I am sure it can not be done for so many industries or department with it impacting some other departmental work and PRODUCTIVITY. Its not about you being able to Work at home.. but can the nature and business of your company make that possible.

And for those who want to see the lock down be longer? How long is too long or short? If you have no job, can't find job as certain industries are totally cut off, The pie is now smaller, your savings running low all from March till now, your company no longer paying you while you standby at home or ask you to leave, various rental or monthly payments to make? Lock down but people you have loans with, rents, your 3 meals a day food ration for you and family every day. Who is giving you pocket money, salary or contribution you normally take from if you got no job?

Lockdown is not just about can not go clubbing or sex spa or restaurant or boutique to buy how lian goods. Those who running low on money by now since March, you think they care if someone dies when they have mouths to feed? I am not saying there is a perfect solution today but I know many sentiments overseas and even locally, where people are willing to risk going back to normal .. and this included all the old people and precondition as they do not want to see their kids suffer which in turn they suffer too if the money runs out. I am one of those too.  Each time I step out of the house, I am diabetic and high blood and in my 50s. I am rolling the dice when I go out. But I still can not wait for the country to go back to normal. How far out there and how deep are you thinking to feel that phase 3 is still too soon?

BTW, the lockdown in Japan. Did you know the lockdown caused so much depression and mental issues, MORE people are dying by Suicide than COVID19 deaths.

I wonder those who are all for not going phase 3 or want to hold things back till 100% can solve the COVID19 problem... either you are still taking money from your parent, or a lover who pay for you, a young adult with rich parents or you have already been doing well and has a good saving to hold you over like myself. But please guys.. lets spare a thought for those who can not... not by their choosing that they are in this shitty situation.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

5 hours ago, Guest WFH said:

You must be kidding.

Fully agree!  And the best WFH is... retirement.

Not only is it WFH but also WFY  (work for you)

With none of this contributing to your employer's bottom line.  Instead, it is contributing to your happiness.

Having a routine of things to do at home to care for your body and mind.  To make life easier, and more enjoyable.

To be able to go to wherever you please and do whatever you want, while others are fulfilling their role of slaves.

10 hours ago, practease said:

Please lah. The managers are the ones skiving. Delegate everything downwards then shake leg at home.

Managers can also skive in the office and yet want to "closely monitor" his / her ka kias in the office to make sure that they "slog like hell". 😱

By the way, didn't some ministers / "experts" / HR spokesmen / office renovators and designers being interviewed in the past said that WFH is the "new norm" even after COVID? So contradicting!

13 hours ago, Guest WFH said:

You must be kidding.

should be "can remain FOREVER"

19 minutes ago, mate69 said:

yes WFH is the BEST THING to have ever happened to mankind. EVER.

imho

tho i know those with kids may not agree with me

Those whose bf staying together also jialat.... zoom conferencing while naughty bf crawl below table and sucking.

30 minutes ago, mate69 said:

imho

Those with nagging wives, mums, pets too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

56 minutes ago, Guest Love sick said:

I am going to miss phase one. I like the ambience then. 

Phase 1 or CB period?

I actually like the CB period, most things come to a standstill or slowdown, which I like.

Same, I like the CB period ... days when we could only da bao (pack) our food, everyone practised safe distancing, gatherings prohibited, only essential services opened for business ... and of course WFH!

But cb can be lonely for those who stay alone. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest All the good things.

Circuit breaker is the best. Everyone keep apart. Bus easy to sit. Airport standstill. Shentin way like ghost town.  Food court easy to tanpao. Almost like Chinese New year. Very peaceful. No relative come visit to kaypo.  Everyone wear mask. No coughing and sneezing in your faces.  No more influx of foreigners. 

14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Managers can also skive in the office and yet want to "closely monitor" his / her ka kias in the office to make sure that they "slog like hell". 😱

By the way, didn't some ministers / "experts" / HR spokesmen / office renovators and designers being interviewed in the past said that WFH is the "new norm" even after COVID? So contradicting!

Wfh is new norm? If no more covid, i do not think wfh will become new norm. Since wfh is never a standard work practice in sg. No matter what is your job scope, going to office mon to fri throughout the official working hours is what we have been doing for our entire work life.

3 hours ago, Guest All the good things. said:

Circuit breaker is the best. Everyone keep apart. Bus easy to sit. Airport standstill. Shentin way like ghost town.  Food court easy to tanpao. Almost like Chinese New year. Very peaceful. No relative come visit to kaypo.  Everyone wear mask. No coughing and sneezing in your faces.  No more influx of foreigners. 

Not healthy for a country economy, you do not want such thing to happen, as it would resulted many people might lose their job.

4 hours ago, fab said:

But cb can be lonely for those who stay alone. 

Depends on individual, even you stay alone, you still can find your friends to chat on phone, video call or even zoom. You would never be lonely.

11 hours ago, mate69 said:

imho

Wfh seems like the best thing to have, but not everyone like wfh. Those whose stay with many people in a house, do not have own room/space in the house, noisy surrounding, do not have the right equipment to work, would like to go back office to work. And they do not mind to wake up early, take public transport and even spend long hours travelling to office to work. Wfh even become more stressful for some.

5 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Wfh is new norm? If no more covid, i do not think wfh will become new norm. Since wfh is never a standard work practice in sg. No matter what is your job scope, going to office mon to fri throughout the official working hours is what we have been doing for our entire work life.

We need a change, boomer

Guest Nudster
On 12/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, Guest WFH said:

You must be kidding.

Give us live streaming when you work from home naked. Thanks 

Sharing is caring...

6 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Wfh seems like the best thing to have, but not everyone like wfh. Those whose stay with many people in a house, do not have own room/space in the house, noisy surrounding, do not have the right equipment to work, would like to go back office to work. And they do not mind to wake up early, take public transport and even spend long hours travelling to office to work. Wfh even become more stressful for some.

yes totally agree

Guest Please lah!
10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Not healthy for a country economy, you do not want such thing to happen, as it would resulted many people might lose their job.

Quite the opposite. More jobs created for local due to lockdown. After phase 3 expect your lunch to be stolen again once the floodgate is opened. Learn some hidden wisdom please.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.