Male HQ

Let’s Help Bali (Covid-19)

Guest Bali

Dear mods, apologies if this posting is considered inappropriate but I'm spreading the sharing is caring to the the lovely people of Bali have given so much to Singaporeans who enjoyed their holidays in Bali for so many years. We've taken advantage of their hospitality, cheap labour and pushed their environment to beyond it's limits.

It's time to help out, Singapore! Even a small donation will go a long way.

Morning all, I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner.

Would you like to help a random family in need, this is a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Buy a voucher below for $27, we will email you the voucher plus a photo of the family that receives it, and you can print it and give in to a family member in lieu of a gift. We have many families who are in desperate need of rice and 25kgs will help them for 1 month. Please read how to purchase carefully.
1. Transfer your payment of $27 to my account below with reference Xmas rice
2. Send me a message with screenshot of payment and your email address.
3. Once confirmed we will give your gift to a family in need and email you the voucher along with the photo of the family who receives it within 7 days.
4. We will run this until 22nd December
I will divide all these bags up with Ellie so we cover more areas.

Ways to donate via Australian account or PayPal

Heritage Bank
Amanda Rialdi
BSB 638010
ACC 6450105
Xmas rice

ANZ Bank
Amanda Finlayson
Bsb 014657
Acc 313416517
Xmas rice

PayPal amandafin83@hotmail.com

https://www.gofundme.com/f/lets-help-bali-covid19

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528619800646703/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...demic/12191998

Please note: Indonesian gov support are limited and many domestic tourists cancelled their holiday to Bali due to PCR test required by Bali authority so Balinese who depends on tourism are suffering especially the elderly who are abandoned after becoming burden by their family who lost their jobs.

Sharing is caring so donate for a good course, all the info are in the links with updated pictures and videos of Balinese who received the donation from lovely people. May all our Gods watch over you.

"take advantage of their hospitality"

sounds pretty absurd to me, we pay for it, it's a monetary transaction.

"take advantage of cheap labour"

hello, tourism provides job to their people and their standard of living is not high anyway

how come this thread still not deleted??

Guest LanJiao
8 hours ago, Guest Bali said:

Dear mods, apologies if this posting is considered inappropriate but I'm spreading the sharing is caring to the the lovely people of Bali have given so much to Singaporeans who enjoyed their holidays in Bali for so many years. We've taken advantage of their hospitality, cheap labour and pushed their environment to beyond it's limits.

It's time to help out, Singapore! Even a small donation will go a long way.

Morning all, I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner.

Would you like to help a random family in need, this is a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Buy a voucher below for $27, we will email you the voucher plus a photo of the family that receives it, and you can print it and give in to a family member in lieu of a gift. We have many families who are in desperate need of rice and 25kgs will help them for 1 month. Please read how to purchase carefully.
1. Transfer your payment of $27 to my account below with reference Xmas rice
2. Send me a message with screenshot of payment and your email address.
3. Once confirmed we will give your gift to a family in need and email you the voucher along with the photo of the family who receives it within 7 days.
4. We will run this until 22nd December
I will divide all these bags up with Ellie so we cover more areas.

Ways to donate via Australian account or PayPal

Heritage Bank
Amanda Rialdi
BSB 638010
ACC 6450105
Xmas rice

ANZ Bank
Amanda Finlayson
Bsb 014657
Acc 313416517
Xmas rice

PayPal amandafin83@hotmail.com

https://www.gofundme.com/f/lets-help-bali-covid19

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528619800646703/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...demic/12191998

Cheebye you.  Help you or help the people??!!

Om Swastiastu...

To all friends who have donated a portion of their fortune to share with those in need, I hope all of your kindness will get a thousand of His kindness.

Only God can repay your kindness...Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti Om

Have you ever been in the position that you dont know where your next meal will come from? Struggled to feed your family?
In developed countries there are so many option for people struggling, from local support, government payments to foodbanks to soup kitchens. People in Bali are not so lucky. This weeks challange is to get as many tummys full with food as possible on christmas day. $5 will feed 3 people with a hot meal + water. So please dig deep over the weekend and lets see how many people we can feed on christmas day. 
Here is the link for the weekend challenge - 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528...1134069728607/

Thankyou to those who continue to give give give. ❤

This reminded me of the Sichuan Earthquake in 2008, when an earthquake of 8.0 on the Richter scale struck Wenchuan County in Sichuan, disloading about 10 million people out of their homes and making them homeless. The aftermath is lots of civilians "starting up" unaccredited charitable organizations to ask for donations to "help" those affected.

Guess where the bulk of all those unaudited cashflows goes to?  

It's time to stop falling prey to potential cons who are preying on our sympathy etc. 

Dear lovely Singaporeans, only donate if you feel like it and have trusted your money is distributed where needed as it is no pressure to donate but if you did donate hope your heart fills with gratitude and appreciation as your donation to help those who really need it, to help those forgotten about, they aren't your typical tourist workers, they work behind the scenes, they make crafts, they clean, cook, garden, wash dishes, rubbish collectors etc, they are the people who also make your holiday amazing but you may never lay eyes on them, but they are here, they are just as important as any other person. Have a blessed weekend.

To see where your money had been distributed, please see the organizser Facebook link on the top of this thread.  Thanks.

PayPal amandafin83@hotmail.com

Indonesian account BCA 1461718570 Dian Artha R 

Go fund me link: https://gf.me/u/ydygjm

Heal the World - Michael Jackson

There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow
There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space
Make a better place
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race
There are people dying
Make it a better place
For you and for me
If you want to know why
There's love that cannot lie
Love is strong
It only cares of joyful giving
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear of dread
We stop existing and start living
The it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
So make a better world…

13 hours ago, fab said:

Since when is bali cheap? 

Since arriving through Java and refraining from gay joints.

17 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I am not sure if this is a scam but nowadays it is so hard to trust people,  organisation, religion and even charity. The best way if u really want to help probably is to bring the stuff there by yourself, directly reaching those who are in need. 

No member here to verify if it's legit?  Even if so, interesting to learn the inner workings.  Who stand to benefit the most?  How to tell if one is entitled to handout and etc.

Legit or not legit is not even the issue here. 

Remember how many "Singapore peanuts" TT Durai siphoned into his own pockets under the pretext of being the CEO of National Kidney Foundation? And NKF is a full-fledged charity too.   

And at the end of the day, TT Durai was not even charged for the obscene salary he took out from the charity for himself. That was done with the full blessings from the wife of the Prime Minister during that time with her statement of "$600,000 per year is peanuts compared to the reserves the NKF has".

At the end of the day, what did him in was a mere S$20,000 payment he duped NKF into paying his interior designer friend. 

Err ... what has NKF got to do with raising funds for this Bali ah (organised by this someone called Roslyn Harley - report police ah!)?

Unless you wanted to ask the wife of the Prime Minister during that time to donate S$600,00 since she said "$600,000 per year is peanuts compared to the reserves the NKF has".

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Err ... what has NKF got to do with raising funds for this Bali ah (organised by this someone called Roslyn Harley - report police ah!)?

You never learned from NKF saga izit? That NKF saga basically shows that for every $1 donated by the public, the "administrator" will take XX% out of it. And in the case of NKF, that XX% amounted to $600,000 every year! And even though we were all morally disgusted by the preying of all our sympathies, there was no legal law that says that it is wrong, which was why Durai was not convicted of any crime for getting obscene salaries. And now we even have some fly-by-night charities that suddenly popped out of the blue claiming that they also want to help? We don't even now how much the "administrators" are going to help themselves to those funds. 

Besides, there are already several charities out there in Bali for years. Why start a new charity all of a sudden now? Just a simple google search will find links like these below: 

https://thehoneycombers.com/bali/local-community-initiatives-coronavirus-in-bali/ 

https://sg.hotels.com/go/indonesia/bali-charities

https://balichildrensproject.org/completed-projects/

Donate if you want to. But the skeptic in me exists for good reasons when it comes to public solicitations of money for "somebody else's good/benefit". . Besides, that gofundme is going to hit its target soon. Good luck. 

Guest Guest Charity

Don't you think charity begins at home here  for the unemployed and destitute in Singapore or to the beleaguered ones suffering due to typhoon in Fiji or flood victims in Philippines

Never trust NGO's as their track records are abysmal  ...... Where there is some cheese you are bound to find mice and snakes also not far behind.

Their technique a little aggressive and use guilt ridden overtone to sell you their sincerity.

Facebook page was made in April 2020

Anyone can buy followers or LIKES online so how to be sure without contacting Facebook?

Amanda Rialdi residing in Bali ? Proof?

The other lady Ellie Gee is residing in Africa. (Mbali) was it a chance that the place she live has that 'bali' part? Also shown to be from New South Wales.

Both's FB account never even show hints of any charity events or activities unlike that FB for this charity thingy. I leave it for you guys to judge their lifestyle and what they do pictorially.

Seriously 'Hotmail.com' in 2020. Their personality do not seem like that they are so unsavvy to internet people but to still be using that dinosaurs. A bit of a red flag among other things.

** Above just a fast check at their personal FB pages.

This seems like a "Private and personal non-registered" group marketing, collect money and claim to distribute. Almost no official document, business plan to clearly tell you how they will use your money or organization structure. No shipping address for logistic if you want to give goods instead. All in cash transaction to personal account setups. You are collecting MONEY internationally. What's the security and manner to trace if a scam is uncovered later for example? Supposedly collecting from Australian but now that reach is literally all over the world. The news coverage on this is limited and ubiquitous at best. Anyone can throw that out there. I don't want say too much in case they use what anyone say to polish up their act.

Seriously even with local charity with even more professional write up and organizational setup, I can be sceptical if the money goes to the unfortunates who were being used as 'victim bait'.  NKF... for example. You guys remember.. for every S$1 donated.. only about 10cents goes to the people they help while the rest keep a well operated staff groups, their managers, property investment and a CEO who has a golden toilet facet. At least they got 10cents to the people as pathetic as it sounds but what if it was entirely a scam? I rather die on the hill that this is a scam. I am sorry. Too many bells are popping up. I have a good mind to write to paypal on this.

If I were to help, I need way more evidence there are too many scammers around, cruel and heartless enough to do this without blinking an eye. Or you guys think females are all adorable innocent snowflakes? They are playing a mind game here.

Black Lives Matter just collected 10 BILLIONS and who you think that money goes to? It's Christmas and so far their stimuli check is not even out or decided with left wing delaying things when Trump ask for it(they do not want it given under Trump's period)  and now that they WON they STILL delaying it and instead writing more of what they got (half the amount under them) to giant CORP as bail out help.. if politicians can play games with human lives. Like that. Imagine it was you and you hear PAP keep dancing with opposing to give you another month of financial help money, how would you feel?

You think this Bali Charity thingy is not possible to be real? heheh I CAN BE WRONG.. but for me... I am not going to fall for this weak attempt.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

25 minutes ago, upshot said:

Their technique a little aggressive and use guilt ridden overtone to sell you their sincerity.

Anyone can buy followers or LIKES online so how to be sure without contacting Facebook?

The other lady Ellie Gee is residing in Africa. (Mbali) was it a chance that the place she live has that 'bali' part? Also shown to be from New South Wales.

Both's FB account never even show hints of any charity events or activities unlike that FB for this charity thingy. I leave it for you guys to judge their lifestyle and what they do pictorially.

Seriously 'Hotmail.com' in 2020. Their personality do not seem like that they are so unsavvy to internet people but to still be using that dinosaurs. A bit of a red flag among other things.

This seems like a "Private and personal non-registered" group marketing, collect money and claim to distribute. Almost no official document, business plan to clearly tell you how they will use your money or organization structure. No shipping address for logistic if you want to give goods instead. All in cash transaction to personal account setups. You are collecting MONEY internationally. What's the security and manner to trace if a scam is uncovered later for example? Supposedly collecting from Australian but now that reach is literally all over the world. The news coverage on this is limited and ubiquitous at best. Anyone can throw that out there. I don't want say too much in case they use what anyone say to polish up their act.

Seriously even with local charity with even more professional write up and organizational setup, I can be sceptical if the money goes to the unfortunates who were being used as 'victim bait'.  NKF... for example. You guys remember.. for every S$1 donated.. only about 10cents goes to the people they help while the rest keep a well operated staff groups, their managers, property investment and a CEO who has a golden toilet facet. At least they got 10cents to the people as pathetic as it sounds but what if it was entirely a scam? I rather die on the hill that this is a scam. I am sorry. Too many bells are popping up. I have a good mind to write to paypal on this.

If I were to help, I need way more evidence there are too many scammers around, cruel and heartless enough to do this without blinking an eye. Or you guys think females are all adorable innocent snowflakes? They are playing a mind game here.

Black Lives Matter just collected 10 BILLIONS and who you think that money goes to? It's Christmas and so far their stimuli check is not even out or decided with left wing delaying things when Trump ask for it(they do not want it given under Trump's period)  and now that they WON they STILL delaying it and instead writing more of what they got (half the amount under them) to giant CORP as bail out help.. if politicians can play games with human lives. Like that. Imagine it was you and you hear PAP keep dancing with opposing to give you another month of financial help money, how would you feel?

You think this Bali Charity thingy is not possible to be real? heheh I CAN BE WRONG.. but for me... I am not going to fall for this weak attempt.

Wah piang.....Lao ah pek sibey long-winded. 

No pressure to donate if you cannot trust them.

2 days to go, $27 will buy someone in need a bag of rice and supply them with food for 1 whole month. 
We have sooo many stories to tell about how much this 1 bag means to these people, while so many of us are preparing big feasts for Christmas, the people here are just hoping for 1 meal a day to keep them heathy and alive ❤️ 

Link below to support 🙏 please follow the instructions carefully 💋 these are not for your friends and families but strangers on our lists who never get any help  🙏

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528619800646703/permalink/1755173777991303/

And yes. If you are truly sincere and wanted to do some meaningful works, the best Is still to go personally give the food and money to those who need. 

Similar to important messages you want to relay messages to higher management. If you go by the line, whats the chance of message getting lost? 

On 12/19/2020 at 7:24 AM, Guest Bali said:

Have you ever been in the position that you dont know where your next meal will come from? Struggled to feed your family?
In developed countries there are so many option for people struggling, from local support, government payments to foodbanks to soup kitchens. People in Bali are not so lucky. This weeks challange is to get as many tummys full with food as possible on christmas day. $5 will feed 3 people with a hot meal + water. So please dig deep over the weekend and lets see how many people we can feed on christmas day. 
Here is the link for the weekend challenge - 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528...1134069728607/

Thankyou to those who continue to give give give. ❤

On 12/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, Guest Bali said:

Dear lovely Singaporeans, only donate if you feel like it and have trusted your money is distributed where needed as it is no pressure to donate but if you did donate hope your heart fills with gratitude and appreciation as your donation to help those who really need it, to help those forgotten about, they aren't your typical tourist workers, they work behind the scenes, they make crafts, they clean, cook, garden, wash dishes, rubbish collectors etc, they are the people who also make your holiday amazing but you may never lay eyes on them, but they are here, they are just as important as any other person. Have a blessed weekend.

To see where your money had been distributed, please see the organizser Facebook link on the top of this thread.  Thanks.

PayPal amandafin83@hotmail.com

Indonesian account BCA 1461718570 Dian Artha R 

Go fund me link: https://gf.me/u/ydygjm

On 12/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, Guest Bali said:

Heal the World - Michael Jackson

There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow
There are ways to get there
Make a little space
Make a better place
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race
There are people dying
Make it a better place
For you and for me
If you want to know why
There's love that cannot lie
Love is strong
It only cares of joyful giving
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear of dread
We stop existing and start living
The it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
So make a better world…

Anyone else here feels that the posts above were scripted and not written by a native-English speaker such as an Australian? Who still tries to pull the heartstrings of people by writing the lyrics of Michael Jackson song? 

Guest Critical

How is this post different from advertisements and solicitations? 

Suggest the mod delete this. 

Giving the benefit of doubt, my heart goes out to all whose communities depend a lot on tourism. But we should be mindful there are scammers who are willing to exploit this situation. 

Think there are rules here that prohibit ad & solicitations and we should follow them. 

Guest HelpBali

🎄 Christmas Rice Drive 🎅

A massive 1268 bags, that equals 31,700kgs of rice 😱 

Today is the last opportunity to be involved ❤️
Our teams are ready to rock n roll and get the last of the bags out, please keep and eye on your junk email if you requested an emailed photo to print. I can't believe you have changed the lives of 1268 families, absolutely mind blown. This is truly the most amazing Christmas gift to those here, 25kgs of rice will help a family in need for 1 whole month. 

The rice has gone all over Bali, with many people helping along the way, from the slopes of Mt Agung to the jungle where you would never expect to find people living, tourist areas, villages in every possible place we could get to. 

Lets absolutely smash this, $27 is all it takes. Link below and thank you with all my heart for helping those in need in Bali 

47 minutes ago, Guest HelpBali said:

🎄 Christmas Rice Drive 🎅

A massive 1268 bags, that equals 31,700kgs of rice 😱 

Today is the last opportunity to be involved ❤️
Our teams are ready to rock n roll and get the last of the bags out, please keep and eye on your junk email if you requested an emailed photo to print. I can't believe you have changed the lives of 1268 families, absolutely mind blown. This is truly the most amazing Christmas gift to those here, 25kgs of rice will help a family in need for 1 whole month. 

The rice has gone all over Bali, with many people helping along the way, from the slopes of Mt Agung to the jungle where you would never expect to find people living, tourist areas, villages in every possible place we could get to. 

Lets absolutely smash this, $27 is all it takes. Link below and thank you with all my heart for helping those in need in Bali 

Christmas should not be used to help some fund rising of dubious credibility.   I think that the probability that this solicitation is legitimate and effective is very low.

Especially in the US,  Christmas should be forgotten this year.  We are at the worst of the pandemic so far and it will get even worse.  Hospitals are full, medical attention is maxed out, death rate is increasing.  This is clearly in part due to the celebration of Thanksgiving a month or so ago,  when millions traveled across the country to celebrate.  Stern warnings come now about the danger of another celebration, Christmas, with maybe even more travel and reunions, celebrations.  Today Congress finally approved the help package of nearly a trillion dollars.  From it, most Americans will receive 600 US dollars, plus other benefits if they qualify.  There is an outcry by many that this is ... too little.... "$600 is a slap in the face",  one commentator said.  This person should get A SLAP IN THE FACE instead of the $600.

It is sad, but so many Americans are spoiled and with a spirit of zero cooperation.  :angry:

Having visited Bali 10 times before the days of mass tourism, my heart goes out to those suffering on the island. Like everywhere, so many are dependent on tourism and that industry has been all but dead for much of this year. US$27 is not much but the amount was the first indication - at least to me - that there is something fishy going on here. Why $27? That equates to around 38,000 Rupiah. Why not a rounded up figure like $30.

Then there is the issue of 25kgs of rice. I assume that we are supposed to believe that $27 will buy that 25kgs. But from what I can discover the price of 1kg of rice in Bali is around 15,000 Rupiah. So where does the 25 kgs come from?

The last indication of a scam is the closing date of 22 December. An appeal that lasts only four days suggests that those organising it are trying to make money quick and then disappear. But one of the links in the original post makes it clear the appeal started in May. Why leave it till December 18 to start an Appeal on BW?

Guest HelpBali

Hello love,

I have verified on Indonesian e-commerce platforms such as Tokopedia, Shopee, Lazada, etc that a 25kg of rice is about $22 to $25 AUD or SGD and you have to add fuel on top of that to distribute the rice to the elderly and the needy. This fundraiser is legit as no other legit NGOs I have seen provided updated details of pictures/videos those who received your donation.

Guest HelpBali

Hello love,

Bali is 5,780 km² and about over 4M population than Singapore so it is not only a lot bigger but also their livelihood was heavely dependent on tourism and Covid-19 destroyed their bowl of rice. I have verified the fundraisers or organisers they are legit and they started helping the random needy and elderly people of Bali since April this year. One organiser named Amanda is married to an Indonesian husband so Bali is her home for 7 yrs and wanted to help the impacted community. The other one named Ellie seemed married to a Balinese with her daughter both stuck in Perth, Western Australia when Australia and Indonesia closed its borders. She has lots of Bali friends so could remotely help through her team in Bali. Their teams are made up of volunteers mostly lost their jobs from tourism. All the people in their facebook posts are joined in to help raise funds needed for these campaign. Hope this would clear things up if you not bothered checking their credentials. Both ladies also have IG and judge for youself before you labelled them scammers. One way you can find happiness is helping others in need. 

Guest check yourself
On 12/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, upshot said:

Don't know why people need to get attacked now when they take some time and effort in making a research and warn others before they fall trap.

From my research, charities in Indonesia must be registered as a charitable institution. It seems that this initiative is not registered as a charitable institution in Indonesia (or Australia). Therefore, there is no guarantee what happens with your money.

If you do a donation then maybe just at the official website. but I did not check on this "go fund me" website. Not sure who is behind this.

Not sure whey the Moderators keep this thread going.

The posting here and mentioning of the personal bank accounts of some Indonesian people here seem a bit inappropriate...

Guest selfish

That's a bit too selfish in my view.

There are many and plenty of poor people much less off than people staying in Singapore.

Charity means giving to the poor.

We should not start building up wall or just look at the close proximity.

And don't forget your daily consumption and shopping habits lead to inequalities and poverty in certain regions...

What you say means closing both eyes and continuing on injustices resulting from your own (or national) behaviour.

1 hour ago, Guest HelpBali said:

Hello love,

Bali is 5,780 km² and about over 4M population than Singapore so it is not only a lot bigger but also their livelihood was heavely dependent on tourism and Covid-19 destroyed their bowl of rice. I have verified the fundraisers or organisers they are legit and they started helping the random needy and elderly people of Bali since April this year. One organiser named Amanda is married to an Indonesian husband so Bali is her home for 7 yrs and wanted to help the impacted community. The other one named Ellie seemed married to a Balinese with her daughter both stuck in Perth, Western Australia when Australia and Indonesia closed its borders. She has lots of Bali friends so could remotely help through her team in Bali. Their teams are made up of volunteers mostly lost their jobs from tourism. All the people in their facebook posts are joined in to help raise funds needed for these campaign. Hope this would clear things up if you not bothered checking their credentials. Both ladies also have IG and judge for youself before you labelled them scammers. One way you can find happiness is helping others in need. 

That is just story telling from your side so far.

Nothing almost factually linked to more detailed information. You have nothing concrete. I am raising pointers and come from a protecting stance from what I read and research.

Why you think money so easy to take out of my pocket all because of sad storyline. You think this is a novel new way to scam people? Thousands have done this and without blinking an eye. But you are throwing a wide net as you are catching gullible among us. At leat that is what I think about your intetntion. Up to others to think you are real or not.

I am NOT without experiences on these, I am in event organising and management and done small to big CHARITIES. I am also tech savvy about ONLINE scams and formerly from the Police who do deal with criminal elements. Not an expert class person but enough experience to do my due diligent on the matter, and you have not given enough evidences to convince me on the sincerity of your intention.

You are also very exclusive in your channelling of funds to only you and not other charitable group. BALI REGION is large. Photos you show me are so low scale work details, you should be helping (or co-operating the effort) others as well in the region, so collectively can help more folks in Bali and spread out the effort. BUT THIS IS ONLY TO YOU the money goes. All PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT(S) AND NOT TO SOME REGISTERED ORGANISATION OR COMPANY NAME WE CAN VERIFY and TRACE BACK. All we have as proof is your "good hearts and intention"

You also have not shown more localised, officiating details and legality for your cause (UNLIKE OTHER BALI CHARITY I ALSO DIG UP)

You have only shown photos of small scale distribution of stock to people getting some food supply. We have all seen large scale religious group do scam like this and in more convincing style. Paying for props to make catch photo opportunity is not hard with a couple of dollars or hundreds of dollars if I am scamming hundreds of thousands of dollars. Buy a van load of cheap food stock, go to a village, pick some random villagers and tell them, you are there to give charitable stuff. Given free stuff anyone in a poor village will think you are good very fast and even let you take as much 'supporting' photos. So you can use that to plaster all over the net to sell your story. Your photos tells a lot without you saying anything. I will not say what they are BECAUSE I do not want to help you make BETTER photos when you tell your sad story to other people online.

If I can scam hundreds of thousands, WHAT IS BUYING SOME SMALL BUNCH OF FOOD ITEMS AND then claim you are doing this on a larger and daily scale. Anyone can also send write-up PR materials to a News station or journalists focus on charity articles to get them to promote your cause site and use your marketing materials and photos. How many of this journalist will go down to check? Or even in the same country. I am sure some will not feature and a small lot will. I get that game.

And your slight hostility tone towards me indicate, I might be hitting home, and you are uncomfortable at that.

INTERNET SCAM is rampant in one form or another. Tugging on a heart-string is nothing new. And all I did was questioned you on the side of caution, and you are offended? If your cause can not stand up to scrutinies, it has no legs to stand on.

That is not a natural instinct from people who want to help others or doing charity work. THEY ALL EXPECT RESISTANCE. I am sure you HAVE encountered doubters like me. Real people or companies doing this kind of work will by now have good experiences and reactionary counter to help convince others of their cause. HOW SHOULD YOU REACT and WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO OVERCOME IT ...etc. Your response is very gutter to say the least. Charity collection people or organisation should be ready to address their plight positively and not resort to the tone and way you go about it here and online.

As I said, I am not here to speak for ALL HERE, I just tell what I see and I am not buying it FOR ME. THE REST HERE SHOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE UP THEIR OWN MIND. If they think they rather err on the side of being ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT by helping you with money. It's their choice. I will not stop them. ALL I DO IS HELP THEM THINK THIS THRU.

ALSO... Why BW being one of those specifically? How did you come to think BW was a good site to appeal?  How far are you reaching this out to? How did you end up putting this on BW and what other forums or online offline sites n Singapore?

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20180727-why-so-many-people-fall-for-scams

https://safety.google/securitytips-covid19/

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

2 hours ago, Guest HelpBali said:

Hello love,

I have verified on Indonesian e-commerce platforms such as Tokopedia, Shopee, Lazada, etc that a 25kg of rice is about $22 to $25 AUD or SGD and you have to add fuel on top of that to distribute the rice to the elderly and the needy. This fundraiser is legit as no other legit NGOs I have seen provided updated details of pictures/videos those who received your donation.

Thank you. Please accept my apologies. I made a stupid error in the Rupiah/USD conversion. US$27 equates to around 380,000 Rupiah. So the $27 figure is more than reasonably accurate. My apologies also to readers of the forum who may have been misled by my error. 

Guest HelpBali

Hello love,

I am not here to argue until the mods have to do something as said I posted this to spread sharing is caring to help Bali. And I am not the one running the charity but those two ladies are if you not bothered to check before making such nasty remarks. If you are not interested then do not donate simple as that. 

Guest HelpBali
36 minutes ago, InBangkok said:

Thank you. Please accept my apologies. I made a stupid error in the Rupiah/USD conversion. US$27 equates to around 380,000 Rupiah. So the $27 figure is more than reasonably accurate. My apologies also to readers of the forum who may have been misled by my error. 

No worries love sometimes we got confused with different currencies and exchange rates. Every $ helps.

Guest Derelict
7 hours ago, Guest HelpBali said:

No worries love sometimes we got confused with different currencies and exchange rates. Every $ helps.

Police must arrest you and investigate. If you are lying you should be sentenced and jailed.