Male HQ

Why young people like to wear branded stuff

Guest curious

Guest curious

I wonder how young people nowadays are so rich? Spot a young looking guys on the train the other day who was wearing branded stuff from top to toe, even his socks are Dior ones... don’t think it’s fake since he looks expensive. Also got other friends complaining about their younger siblings like to buy luxury stuff. What’s your point on this?

If worn and follow blindly it looks ugly. People will also not look up to you. Because highly likely the money does not come from your own hardship. So what makes you deserving to wear them? 

1 hour ago, Guest curious said:

I wonder how young people nowadays are so rich? Spot a young looking guys on the train the other day who was wearing branded stuff from top to toe, even his socks are Dior ones... don’t think it’s fake since he looks expensive. Also got other friends complaining about their younger siblings like to buy luxury stuff. What’s your point on this?

The bigger question is why ppl so KPC?

2 hours ago, mate69 said:

Because they feel an overwhelming sense of insecurity/inferiority, which they then "overcompensate" with outwardly appearances

Same thinking here. I have seen a young guy wearing gold frame spectacle , gold necklace, gold ring, gold watch . He eventually look so old and misfitting and worse, his casual attire did not fit the entire lingeries he put on. Very trying and heavy . The whole of him look like attention seeking piece of crappy meat. Yuck!

2 hours ago, FattChoy said:

The bigger question is why ppl so KPC?

People wear branded is to attract attention. So they got peoples attention. People ponder and ask questions. Cause and effect event. So why not KPC ?

6 hours ago, Guest curious said:

If they really so rich, they won't be taking the train for you to see them already lor ....

They dress like that so that they can bluff lao kok kok like you...  

hahahahahaha ...

The young ones like branded good because they want themselves to be seen or to be fit in certain clique like in fashionista group when they gather in the club or bars for drink. Some don't really care how they look on themselves either suit them or not. Some wants to be a trend setter, wanna be those type, show pony etc.......But can't denied that those brand they last long compare to those off the shelve type. In term the quality design and  very meticulous workmanship in term of craftmenship. So again is how the individual carry themselves. Is better go less but more or go for more but less. Simplicity is never go wrong and always the best.

Guest Snow flake

In this day and age, less is more. If you are handsome, there is no need to dress up like Christmas tree. It looks too cluttered and busy on your body. I like guy who embrace simplicity and look light to be around with. Not some walking Christmas tree. 

Guest Derelict

Main reason is we are rich. 

And we just need to spend our parents money. 

No need to tell us what money hard to earn, rainy days. We do what we like.

10 hours ago, Guest curious said:

Does branded stuff including brand like nike, adidas, under armour, calvin klein, renoma, uniqlo, camel active, mizuno, asics, brooke? 

22 minutes ago, auscent said:

If no substance, at least go for style.

No substance mean already deleted in the gay world.  Wear emperor cloth also no use.  You still want meh?

Do you know that there is an increasing number of youngster under 30yo are being advised to declare themselves bankrupt as they struggle to keep up with repayments on loans and credit cards.

When pocket and wallet got no money inside, no matter what branded you wear to make you look glamorous, you are still an empty shell. 

If you really have the charesma, cheap clothing will also look stylish on you. No need expensive branded to make you look great. 

I only believe in cash... Cash rich. 

It is a misplaced attempt at compensation.  To compensate what they don't have with what they can buy.

If they put the money for branded stuff into gym membership, work hard to get a body to kill,

then they can wear the cheapest stuff or call attention by wearing as little as possible.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, Guest curious said:

ALL YOUNG PEOPLE DO... does not matter in 1970s, 1980, 1990, 2010 or  2021. 

Bragging rights, mating posturing, impatient to be seen as someone of status, power dynamic... you name it, that's it.

Negative traits of human nature plus marketing... and this is what you get heheh

This is NOT A NEW DAY PHENOMENA :P even in a kampung you have people like that. And some never grow up or out of it even in their old age. Just ignore them.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Derelict

It's about status. Branded clothing are to youngters as the 5Cs are to older people, sexual orientation notwithstanding.

It's the competitive nature of Singapore society. Always feel the need to outdo others, to be ahead of the game. Status symbols are one manifestation.  Tiresome behaviour.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.