Male HQ

anyone buy from taobao before?

Guest Taobao

Anyone buy from taobao before without going through agent like superbuy,jfbees or taobaoguides? Have you encounter any problem like account under protection, cannot make purchases and is restricted?

Guest 犯贱冰冰
12 hours ago, Guest Taobao said:

Anyone buy from taobao before without going through agent like superbuy,jfbees or taobaoguides? Have you encounter any problem like account under protection, cannot make purchases and is restricted?

Easy to buy.

So far ok except 2 occasions:

(1) some items only allow ship delivery. So they cannot be delivered together with the others by air.  They are slower but charges similar

(2) items I wanted cannot be delivered.  One is the small packs of silicone you put in food or bags to remove moisture. 2 is a toy like slime.

Sure, I buy directly from Taobao all the time and send to EZbuy's shanghai/guangzhou warehouse, for onward delivery to SG. Why would u want to use buying agents, unless ofc u can't read chinese? But I had never need to buy any customs-restricted items before. 

I buy from TB although my Chinese is not very good.

Some items are restricted by customs so will be either rejected by the warehouse or you cannot buy that item at all when you have a SG address. You can request for Refund if is rejected by warehouse.

Some items can only be send by Sea Shippment. For all Sea Shippment, will have to pay an additional 7% GST when paying for shipping fee.

Had encounters wrong items delivered but so far, TB did refund to me directly or in Voucher form for next purchase used.

I bought taobao items through lazada. Their products are a hit or miss. Some are good but a lot of products were awful - clothes for one are pretty sh*tty quality either their sizing is way off, their print looks cheap, or the cloth quality is terrible.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

not from ezbuy? or alibaba, Jd.com
pinduoduo? etc

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/2022/11/29/in-chinas-slumping-economy-pinduoduos-reclusive-billionaire-founder-has-managed-to-gain-15-billion/?sh=2cd042115c9a&utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_content=8317109491&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbes+Asia

i think only those who enjoy surfing w chinese words will taobao

that is true:

that is true for nearly all ONLINE purchase, not just Taobao, new GST % from next yr, so..........

Yes thats true. Taobao is 100% in Chinese. If you know Chinese well, shopping at Taobao is a breeze. When you place order from here, your goods will be delivered to a transit warehouse at Guangzhou and thereafter, you just need to pay for shipping costs to have it delivered to doorstep here. Takes about 2 to 3 weeks.  Also, their customer service is top notch. Any question you asked will be answered within Minutes and even in seconds, not joking !

I have lost count of the no. of stuff bought from them, ranging from fashion goods to electronic & health stuff. You'll be surprised that the quality is actually not bad and lasting.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, tomcat said:

a lot of TaoBao packages under Best Express are stuck in warehouse, and will be thrown out by late Feb.

some tiktokers are showing how to go to the warehouse and ownself dig and find your own packages.

I think the general "rule" is not to buy anything during or just before the super peak seasons, because you never know what will happen to your packages (lost or damaged). Anyway, Best Express used to be not that bad from my experience. My first experience with them was when I did a return of goods last year, which they were quite prompt and responsive. But from my 2nd return onwards, their efficiency seemed to start to drop drastically. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.