Male HQ

Looking for Conversation Mandarin Tutor

Hello, I need to be proficient in conversational Mandarin for my job in the biomedical/healthcare industry by end July. Was wondering if anyone can help me out with this? I intend to learn more intensively in May-July, but would like to start learning some basic phrases first. Would love to meet maybe twice a month to learn from you.

My experience

- I can understand a bit of Mandarin from my basic knowledge of a few words and some numbers. (I feel like i'm reading the body gestures more than I am understanding what the person is saying though)

- Learnt some basic mandarin 5 years ago in a 4 hours crash course. Didn't have any further opportunities for practice/follow-up so it was mostly forgotten

Purpose

- To better communicate to clients/collegues/patients in giving them instructions and understanding their concerns / worries

- For use in biomedical/research/healthcare industry

I intend to create a list of phrases/words I would like to learn, and request for your help speaking them to me, you using it in a sentence, correcting my pronunciation, etc. I don't intend to learn to the proficiency of being able to hold a communication/speak in full sentences. I just need to be able to ask the correct questions/give the necessary instructions and roughly understand the responses to those. I also dont think I would like to learn how to write or read (not yet at least haha)

Edited by jake412

Anybody wanna work out? There really are so many ways to get your heart pumping..

Suggest you may wish to provide more details such as:

(a) your current level of proficiency. Have you learnt Mandarin before, e.g. in school?

(b) what does your job require for Mandarin proficiency? For example, if you need to handle business clients, you would need business mandarin with the relevant vocab, including specialized technical terms if in tech industry?

Both the above might require experienced tutoring.

But if it is just brushing up on normal  conversational Mandarin to improve fluency, then I am sure there are more likely to have forumers able to do that.

37 minutes ago, ken99chia said:

Suggest you may wish to provide more details such as:

(a) your current level of proficiency. Have you learnt Mandarin before, e.g. in school?

(b) what does your job require for Mandarin proficiency? For example, if you need to handle business clients, you would need business mandarin with the relevant vocab, including specialized technical terms if in tech industry?

Both the above might require experienced tutoring.

But if it is just brushing up on normal  conversational Mandarin to improve fluency, then I am sure there are more likely to have forumers able to do that.

thanks man, I just added on to my original post

Anybody wanna work out? There really are so many ways to get your heart pumping..