Male HQ

Gaymers Unite - Where to buy console games

Behrhunter

Just starting a thread cos I a friend here asked for help and i decided not to hijack someone else's thread and too lazy to start a club. 

These are the places I usually frequent:- 

Qishan - Located at Tanglin Shopping Centre (the one beside Liat Towers). Games are usually cheaper than average. The recent few year, their stock has been very low. I think they mostly employ part timers/ student, as I all the guys I was familiar with are no longer there. And the people keep changing. They have an online presence in Qoo10 and Lazada but somehow their prices are not maintained well. They do sell 2nd hand consoles and games. They are mainly PS4 and NSW games. Very very limited support for XB, mostly on clearance at the point of writing. I don't think they maintain their pricelist very well as there are sometimes noticeable difference in pricing between their various portals and physical store. Qisahn.com - For all your gaming needs - Buy cheap Switch PS4 new 3DS XL XBOX One in Singapore. If you are not in the mood to deal with grouchy ppl avoid the old lady. 

Funzquare(Dolly the shop) - Update : They will be closing their physical store as of 23/Feb/2021 (Thanks to kencer for the update). Located at Far East Plaza. This used to be my go to shop as their price used to be very very competitive. I used to go there for my consoles until the recent generation. I visit them less now, I think they have a new business partner who is more interested in the doll business rather than the gaming business. I think there is too much pressure from the bigger companies now. Good place to get the console but their game selection is virtually non existent if you are not someone who buys games at launch. Check their prices on their website DollytheShop & FunzSquare DollfieDeam Friendshop Singapore before going. Very vocal about not supporting Xbox at all. Has a presence in Carousell but have not been active recently. 

ShopiTree - Operates mainly online from my experience, has multiple online presence. Their own online store, lazada, qoo10 and shopee. Their prices are usually higher but they sometimes have timed sales which can make the price very cheap. I usually add them to favourites to get notification for price drops. Shop online for video games, collectibles & digital entertainment. (shopitree.com) Follow them on the few platforms as their offers on all their different platforms are always different. They are based in the west (Bukit Batok) so good for those who live there. They have a telegram group where they occasionally send offers. 

Play-E - Multiple Locations. Previously also known as FunzCentre. Prices are usually RRPs or higher, sale items are usually quite cheap so keep a look out for their sales. I have the membership but hardly benefit from any discount from there. Large chain especially after they merged with some other smaller brands. One of the few chains who have a decent selection of Xbox Games. Has lots of merchandise as well- T shirts, plushies, amiibos, trading cards, pokemon tretta, cases. Go here for the wide selection and convenience. To me their online shop is useless as the prices are not accurate. Has a presence in Carousell- you can buy and pick up too.  

War Games - I cant remember the owner's name but he is friendly and helpful. In AMK, i think the building is/was called Jubilee. I stopped visiting after i shifted out from that area. He was active in Carousell for a while. 

Here are the shops that I have been but rarely go to/ have little experience with:-

Toys and Games - Prices are generally higher/ RRPs. Not all the staff are good at gaming so you might want to do your own online research before going. 

Games Crazy Deal - I have bought from them from online only. They do have imports too. So far the purchases that I made from them are cheaper than average.

Game Extreme - Multiple Locations. I have only bought from them once or twice but only for games. I have a few friends who have bad experiences with them, but i haven't. 

RPG.com (Right Place for Games Gadgets) - Paya Lebar Square. They have a presence in Carousell. But recently I am surprised at them trying to scalp consoles in comparison with other shops who does pre-orders at RRP. Xbox SX at 799 in carousell, srsly??? Not sure if it is just a place holder though. They do pre-owned games and consoles too. 

GameMartz - Multiple locations. Prices are generally higher, even their pre-owned games. 

Contributions from other members:-

https://www.shop4sg.com/ - Has memorabilia, gadgets in addition to video games. (Thanks to practease)

Some disclaimers :- 

With the exception of one or two games, I never buy games at launch. 

I never Pre-order games before launch cos Capcom taught well. Still waiting for Ultimate Super Hyper Fighting Street Fighter V Champion Arcade Edition Turbo Upper Ultra Dash. 

I am NOT affiliated to any of the shops 

These are only my experience and I am only trying to help new gaymers out there. At the end of the day, I think it depends on the location you are at. It may not make sense to travel to the other end of the island just to save $5. 

Edited by Behrhunter
Added user contributions and Funzsquare closure

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have never shopped at Qisahn however a lot of people have been telling me that it is a really great place where you can find literally anything you need for gaming. So is it actually that great?! I have just visited their website, and I must say that I was not really impressed. Some of the games are actually overpriced. I mean you can get the fifa 21 for 25 bucks from origin, while on this site it is 80 bucks. Don't you know guys, where can I find some fall guys cheat download?! I would really like to make some experiments with the cheats in that game and see if I can break it.

Edited by lanelch

On 2/21/2021 at 12:20 AM, lanelch said:

Well, I have never shopped at Qisahn however a lot of people have been telling me that it is a really great place where you can find literally anything you need for gaming.

I won't really say they have everything you want. Last time yes, they used to have loads of stuff but from my experience, i think they have been trying to reduce their inventory. Where do you go instead? I could add to the list. 

17 hours ago, kencer said:

I usually go to Qisahn. I think funzsquare is closing to go online. Just came out in the news last week.

Thanks for updating, you are right they are going fully online. But as my review says, they hardly have any games stocked up in the store for the last 2 to 3 years. I will add to the list. 

9 hours ago, practease said:

I like to purchase from here, https://www.shop4sg.com/

Besides games, they've got tons of memorabilia, gadgets and other great stuff too.

Great place to find gifts for dudes.

Thanks, will add on to the list to make it easy to refer. :) 

I actually have some other online stores that I occasionally stalk too, like those from HK, Australia and NZ. Not sure if anyone would be interested though. I miss Lik Sang :P. Any idea if they have a physical store? I am not sure why but when it comes to consoles, I generally prefer to be able to see the physical item. Games I am less particular. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.