Male HQ

Dennis Gym

averageguy

Oh no @swimboiI should have read your review 😅 Heh, I just signed up for their PT (haven't started).

I got their 10 month gym membership + PT which is $2400. I don't know how ex are the other gyms but I thought this is pretty value for $. Of course, there isn't any meal plans (as the instructor isn't certified) and no freebies as compared to other gyms as well.

Let's see how it goes for the training, will let you guys know in a week or 2.

I go to the one at Jurong (of course). In terms of crowd, rest assured it isn't crowded as for this branch, it's quite difficult to locate actually, near Seng Shiong Jln Bahar road.

I would say its is a little disappointing for this branch although facilities are good enough for weights and machines (they have similar ones to those in AF), but the overall outlook - if I do interior design I don't mind giving the boss a discount to do some minor makeover. These are some tiny things they don't have:

• No guest entrance - all doors are fully by key, so you have to knock or call the person when u arrive (for Jurong)
  • Poor PT guy - no table and chair for him for the whole day. I guess he has to stand the whole day. He only has a metal cupboard at the doorstep for him to do his administrative work. Printer is on the floor too.
  • The shower/ toilet was covered with that blue tarpaulin sheet that was used for covering. I only knew it was a toilet/shower when I asked.
  • Pretty dimmed lightings. Air con not very strong, (which I don't need too cos don't find the point to have air con when I need to sweat out lol). But many ceiling fans to keep place cool.

Not sure how many PT dudes are there in other branches, but so far only see 1 in Jurong.

Having said that, am there for PT training and I'm not da boss of the company so can't "say" much :P 

Oh yes, the PT's a straight dude (knew when conversing with him)

PLUS: need to whatsapp the trainer to confirm in advance with them - looks like they don't have any systems to help them do these.

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI guys, I thought I want to share my honest review after 3-4 sessions with the gym instructor.

Firstly the overall experience was kinda not to my expectation. Here are some of the pros and cons of the general review:

Do note that I cannot speak for other branches as I have not been there. I can only speak for the one at Jurong (Jln Bahar).

Pros

The gym itself is pretty decent. Most of the required equipment are there for training, including free weights.

The gym & PT price (for this CNY period I guess) is pretty affordable. $2.4k for 40 sessions including PT training.

Cons

The place overall looks generally run down (not sure if they have any criteria of renting a space for gym).

At the first glance, my first thought was, "oh man, if I work as an interior design, I would give you discount for a make-over."

• Firstly, the poor guy has literally no desk area except the cupboard for him to do his admin stuff.
  • Although machines are satisfactorily sufficient for all sorts of workout, a lot of them seem to be pretty old. I wonder if they do checks for them (Some have squeaky noises when you do, like the chest fly).
  • For the toilets, don't expect it to be like FF kind. In fact, male and female toilets + showers seems to be joined. They have some storage in there as well. -__-
  • There is literally only one guy  - the gym instructor who running the whole show, other than the "lady" who picked up the call. 
    So, do be prepared to be left on your own if you are in the middle of training - the guy can be entertaining new guests/ sign ups.
    I reckon is because this gym seem to be more like an SME, unlike FF/ TF which seem to be like a bigger company. I need to get used to this.
  • The trainer is generally friendly, but he first disclosed that he is not trained in diet - hence forget about diet plans for this gym. You need to get your own plan.
  • I don't know if he did any serious planning compared to the private but expensive one I went (it seem to close down too). For the previous private gym I went, the instructor listed out the exercise I would go through for the day in an excel. This guy probably fits anything between upper and lower body (from what I observed so far).
  •  The guy is quite motivating somewhat. But I guess is because I told him of my bodily condition, he gave only max 3 exercises so far, giving about 3 - 4 sets each exercise. But for my bisceps, only did 2 sets? I think he gave a pretty long in between rest time, sometimes more than a min (not to mention the off for other business rest points).
  • Oh yeah, did I tell you this trainer has a bit of tummy? I reckon he trains everywhere else except his abs.
  • Don't expect any freebies as mentioned earlier. Just your keys to enter and exit.

Overall experience

I sometimes find that my 1 hour was not given sufficient attention to. Unfortunately I have to cover 40 sessions so it adds to 4-5months?

I may want to try the Anytime's PT after this. 

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 2:00 AM, swimboi said:

Used to go to the outlet at Supply Chain City a few years ago. Rarely crowded, sparse equipment but sufficient. Reasonably priced as well. Only downside was I had bad experience with the PT package. 

Care to share? I was just sent a mailer to my company's e-mail about a PT package too, similar to @sum1outhere_03's price. Was really tempted since I 'rage quitted' Anytime Fitness a while ago due to their inconsistent communication and their manager saying something like if you are upset you can find another gym. 

Daniel's gym website doesn't mention much, like shower facilities/ towels etc. I would like to know cos I usually either gym late or gym quite early. AF Bedok only has 4 bathrooms that are unisex and in the evening they used to place a sign that 2 of them are reserved for ladies only.

On 2/16/2021 at 5:25 PM, sum1outhere_03 said:

Oh no @swimboiI should have read your review 😅 Heh, I just signed up for their PT (haven't started).

I got their 10 month gym membership + PT which is $2400. I don't know how ex are the other gyms but I thought this is pretty value for $. Of course, there isn't any meal plans (as the instructor isn't certified) and no freebies as compared to other gyms as well.

Let's see how it goes for the training, will let you guys know in a week or 2.

I go to the one at Jurong (of course). In terms of crowd, rest assured it isn't crowded as for this branch, it's quite difficult to locate actually, near Seng Shiong Jln Bahar road.

I would say its is a little disappointing for this branch although facilities are good enough for weights and machines (they have similar ones to those in AF), but the overall outlook - if I do interior design I don't mind giving the boss a discount to do some minor makeover. These are some tiny things they don't have:

• No guest entrance - all doors are fully by key, so you have to knock or call the person when u arrive (for Jurong)
  • Poor PT guy - no table and chair for him for the whole day. I guess he has to stand the whole day. He only has a metal cupboard at the doorstep for him to do his administrative work. Printer is on the floor too.
  • The shower/ toilet was covered with that blue tarpaulin sheet that was used for covering. I only knew it was a toilet/shower when I asked.
  • Pretty dimmed lightings. Air con not very strong, (which I don't need too cos don't find the point to have air con when I need to sweat out lol). But many ceiling fans to keep place cool.

Thanks for the review, i was also attracted to their PT package. 

• 6 months later...
Guest Panda

Completed the pt sessions with Dennis. Within 5 months experienced 2 changes in trainer, during one of them I was left with no trainer for 1-2 weeks.
Due to this they promised to extend the expiry, however when expiry nearing they refused to honor what has been committed only focused on getting me to sign new sessions. 

Needless to say I rather pay more to switch to other gyms than to renew when they did not honor what has been committed. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.