Male HQ

Singalion Vs his Trolls (compiled)

Guest Guest

3 hours ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

How these guys died is utterly horrible. But you also miss a point I raised no doubt because neither you nor I know the answer. What is the effect on the body of the G forces of a crash at what must have been at least 150kph? I merely guess based on limited reading of internet articles that the four passengers in the car's seats would have suffered from severe concussion. Even though they would have had some protection from their seats and seat belts if they were wearing them, they would also have been a state of dreadful shock. I doubt if any of them were what we might term mentally aware of their situation. Had they been in a state of reasonable consciousness, surely the first thing at least those in the front seats must have considered was how to get out. After all fire following a major car crash is not unusual especially if it had been souped up as another Guest suggested.

So if they were concussed (I agree that is arguable until experts can provide a different answer), the chances that they felt much after the fireball erupted must at best be debatable. Adding to that is what might have happened within that BMW re the unbelted unprotected body of the fifth occupant. Who knows how it could have been thrown around within the crashed vehicle and caused further injury to the other occupants? We obviously have to wait for the results of the official Inquiry 

It doesn't matter if they felt anything after the fireball erupted. Whether they felt anything after the fireball erupted is of zero relevance completely. Bringing this point as a defense for their lack of sympathy only goes to show the type of poor excuses inhumane people can come up with. 

Their deaths were tragic. That alone is enough for people with an ounce of humanity to feel bad about their deaths. Period.

And yet, we have some people here on this forum who can only complain about their personal comfort and the noise pollution. If the noise pollution do not go away after this tragic incident, I wonder if these complainants would want more people to be burnt to death in the same way just so that they can get their peace during the night? Will the picture of some burning corpses in a fiery car make these complainants happy enough to have some peace of mind to let them sleep better at night? 

What type of human beings have Singaporeans turned out to be nowadays? 

Sorry but I can not agree with the analogy. A gambling addict may destroy himself and by extension his family. That is a mental illness that requires treatment if the addict is to break the habit and continuous monitoring thereafter. Just like an alcoholic. I cannot see any way an addiction to speed can be regarded as a mental illness or indeed an obsession. Is it an obsession to race at 200kph on small city streets when there is the possibility of killing pedestrians, the occupants of other cars and, sadly as we have seen, everyone in your own car? I suspect that the driver was out for a joy ride to prove he could do it in his new souped up car. We probably all have obsessions, but not obsessions with a high likelihood that will result in another's death. 

Again, some kids died a very tragic death. Addiction or no addiction; obsession or no obsession, it is irrelevant. And yes, like it or not, in my point of view, they are kids even though they are in their mid to late 20s. They could have more than half a century worth of life to live. 

And it is not that I want to bring up the topic of foreign trash here. But I really got riled up when I saw foreign trash such as @singalion coming onto this forum criticizing the dead in this thread. Excuse me, aren't these foreigners supposed to be better than this? And instead they went around criticizing the dead?? Just who the hell let such dogs into the country here?? And to make matters worse, there are actually people who defended such trash here. 

Since we know other drivers had been doing the same on that road on several previous occasions, I see the city's traffic authorities as bearing some of the blame. At the very least speed bumps should have been installed long before these guys lost their lives.

And finally.... you got the point here. Blame it on those traffic authorities instead of criticizing all those people who has passed away. 

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Again, some kids died a very tragic death. Addiction or no addiction; obsession or no obsession, it is irrelevant. And yes, like it or not, in my point of view, they are kids even though they are in their mid to late 20s. They could have more than half a century worth of life to live. 

And it is not that I want to bring up the topic of foreign trash here. But I really got riled up when I saw foreign trash such as @singalion coming onto this forum criticizing the dead in this thread. Excuse me, aren't these foreigners supposed to be better than this? And instead they went around criticizing the dead?? Just who the hell let such dogs into the country here?? And to make matters worse, there are actually people who defended such trash here. 

I could write here on a sunny post raining season morning for the sky to be blue and the temperatures getting hotter and you would still write something about foreign trash.

I am sufficient long a registered Member with BW and aware how you like to blow up things to make your point and aim in attacking other people here you dislike because they often oppose your "views" or act on your provoking posts. You will jump on any chance to hit out against your "loved ones" here.

Your continuous reactions on near to every of my post are already obsessive.

If you had taken a minute to fully read my post you had noted that at no point I was mocking the dead.

I was pointing to risk taking and advance awareness of risks involved and nothing else.

Strangely I received supportive private messages from other members following my post. Your view might be a single one.

It is fine if you want to continue on your compassion ride and look good in front of everyone. However, I don't think those knowing you, trust you on this, because we know your true nature and behaviour on BW. 

Once again you are posing as if you are the only moral authority of BW, which you surely aren't.

If you came with clean hands in criticising me I had respected your opposing view, but unfortunately you don't come with clean hands due to your past and continuing inappropriate behaviour on BW.

3 hours ago, Guest serious said:

Singapore already has more speed cameras on the roads, bumps and speed humps, raised platforms and other measures than probably the whole US or any other country has.

What diligence do you expect from the SPF? To have an officer standing at every corner where potentially some immature or mature guys intend to do a road racing or speeding with a car?

Or to install more traffic flash cameras and speed reducing measures at every area in annoyance of other road users who comply with traffic regulations?

Can the authorities predict any traffic violations at every point of road in Singapore?

The crash that happened on 13 February in Toa Payoh with the driver on excessive speed was contributed by lack of diligence of the SPF too? The driver must have been a kid correct?

For any personal acts you can always blame the authorities not having taken adequate measures. Is it that?

From your responses you seem not facing realities as they are and living in a land of dreams, having sort of extremely unrealistic view on things and quite immature mind set.

blah ... blah ... blah ... If you are a trash, you are a trash! Don't come here and pretend to be the victim here. Just because you are a registered member does not make you worthy of any more respect.

Like someone (was it you?) who mentioned in his post: "birds of a feathers flock together". People without any compassion and sympathy will goad and rah-rah each other all the way straight into hell. 

Just an indication of how offensive your post was: your own post has already been hidden from view as of now. I'm glad I had the chance to read it before it was gone.  

3 hours ago, singalion said:

I could write here on a sunny post raining season morning for the sky to be blue and the temperatures getting hotter and you would still write something about foreign trash.

I am sufficient long a registered Member with BW and aware how you like to blow up things to make your point and aim in attacking other people here you dislike because they often oppose your "views" or act on your provoking posts. You will jump on any chance to hit out against your "loved ones" here.

Your continuous reactions on near to every of my post are already obsessive.

If you had taken a minute to fully read my post you had noted that at no point I was mocking the dead.

I was pointing to risk taking and advance awareness of risks involved and nothing else.

Strangely I received supportive private messages from other members following my post. Your view might be a single one.

It is fine if you want to continue on your compassion ride and look good in front of everyone. However, I don't think those knowing you, trust you on this, because we know your true nature and behaviour on BW. 

Once again you are posing as if you are the only moral authority of BW, which you surely aren't.

If you came with clean hands in criticising me I had respected your opposing view, but unfortunately you don't come with clean hands due to your past and continuing inappropriate behaviour on BW.

( Correction: The post immediately above this one was meant to be directed at @singalion and in response to his post correctly quoted here. )

blah ... blah ... blah ... If you are a trash, you are a trash! Don't come here and pretend to be the victim here. Just because you are a registered member does not make you worthy of any more respect.

Like someone (was it you?) who mentioned in his post: "birds of a feathers flock together". People without any compassion and sympathy will goad and rah-rah each other all the way straight into hell. 

Just an indication of how offensive your post was: your own post has already been hidden from view as of now. I'm glad I had the chance to read it before it was gone.  

2 hours ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

My sympathy is reserved for their families.

Ummmmm.... I can see how speaking up for the decreased is a show of sympathy for the family. I can even see how remaining silent can also be a show of sympathy for the family. 

But how is criticizing the families' deceased children and claiming that they deserve to die any type of sympathy for the family huh? Surely, some people here have a warped sense of what sympathy is all about, and their way of expressing it is pretty morbid. 

8 hours ago, singalion said:

And you need other people to validate what you said is "right"? And not just that, you need to let everyone know that you had validation? 

Are you suffering from an extreme lack of self-esteem now, or is your conscience biting on you so much so that you need to publicly let everyone know you were "validated" in order to sleep better tonight? 

Foreign trash ah foreign trash, go back to where you came from la. 

Guest Don't believe the snake
33 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

And you need other people to validate what you said is "right"? And not just that, you need to let everyone know that you had validation? 

Are you suffering from an extreme lack of self-esteem now, or is your conscience biting on you so much so that you need to publicly let everyone know you were "validated" in order to sleep better tonight? 

Foreign trash ah foreign trash, go back to where you came from la. 

Being the snake that he is, I wouldn't be surprised that he lied about receiving supportive private messages.

I agree the fact that he had to bring that up showed us how lame and pathetic he really is, even if it was true.

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Excuse me???

If "Singapore already has more speed cameras on the roads, bumps and speed humps, raised platforms and other measures than probably the whole US or any other country has", and yet there are still people complaining about the frequent racers and speedsters on the road, what does that show?

16 minutes ago, Guest Don't believe the snake said:

Being the snake that he is, I wouldn't be surprised that he lied about receiving supportive private messages.

I agree the fact that he had to bring that up showed us how lame and pathetic he really is, even if it was true.

as if the same persons are not behind Guest Guest and Guest snake...

U could have used your moniker Guest 犯賤冰冰 too...

Guest serious
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Excuse me???

If "Singapore already has more speed cameras on the roads, bumps and speed humps, raised platforms and other measures than probably the whole US or any other country has", and yet there are still people complaining about the frequent racers and speedsters on the road, what does that show? 

It's either the SPF not doing their due diligence, or the large amount of money put into all those infra-structure had been wasted on white elephants, So what is it, since neither of them are able to stop those racers in their tracks?

Furthermore, if the SPF feels that they have done enough, why are they looking into putting in "road calming" measure along that stretch of road only now?? Why react only after people got burnt to death?? Are you telling us that they are putting more money to waste, since you yourself seems to be enough infra structure on the road right now?  

You won't happen to be the same person complaining about the noise pollution which had been happening too "frequently" in the area, will you? Or are you now telling us that the "frequent" racing is not enough to warrant any SPF action now, and just that you want to complain ...complain ... complain and mock the dead

As if the SPF can stand at every corner can resolve every issue.

The authorities build plenty of fences and barriers on roads, but still there are people doing jaywalking at dangerous road sections, some even climbing these high barriers.

You are delusional and unrealistic, the police force can never stop any speedsters and racers, unless they bring such road infrastructure to Singapore into every road in a 10m distance, then the traffic will be crawling at 15km per hour through Singapore.

I guess you are just out of touch to make your point.

Eventually you look at the issue from a different angle:

Maybe there is a much more self entitled younger generation showing less respect to traffic rules (or willingness to accept any societal rules for their personal enjoyment disregarding the inherent dangers to themselves and even other people. 

I m not sure it would be for the police to handle such issues.

Only pointing fingers on due diligence of government authorities seems quite one sided to me.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes, there are at least 3 Guest Guest posters. I am just one of them, with another one who is also sympathetic and compassionate, while at least one other Guest Guest taking the opposite stand.

Having three Guest Guests is more than confusing. Sorry if I misquoted.

You seem to forget that you are the one obsessed with their being kids as you (I assume it was you) have said more than once that they are just kids. Get real! They were intelligent adults who knew what exactly what they were doing.

You think I should have sympathy for a 29 year old man with everything to live for knowingly engages in an ultra-dangerous, high risk act which ends up killing not just himself but four of his friends? I have none. All those in the car were utterly stupid in the extreme. My sympathy is reserved for their families.

Hey Guest Curious don't permit this snarky Guest Guest and his other Guest nicks, he is using here to confuse you. he will always come with this "I m not this Guest Guest but another Guest Guest" response to annoy and confuse everyone.

Same as he misquoted the post of @singalion . Singalion had not said the guys in the car crash deserved it". If he had taken his time to read the post complete, he would have seen that singalion had even said it is harsh to say something like the guys deserved it. He draw attention to the background why others resorted to such harsh words.

Most of the deleted post singa was talking about risk taking and being aware on the risks.

7 minutes ago, Guest hiding said:

Hey Guest Curious don't permit this snarky Guest Guest and his other Guest nicks, he is using here to confuse you. he will always come with this "I m not this Guest Guest but another Guest Guest" response to annoy and confuse everyone.

Same as he misquoted the post of @singalion . Singalion had not said the guys in the car crash deserved it". If he had taken his time to read the post complete, he would have seen that singalion had even said it is harsh to say something like the guys deserved it. He draw attention to the background why others resorted to such harsh words.

Most of the deleted post singa was talking about risk taking and being aware on the risks.

Can it get any less obvious that this is @singalion himself posting? 

1 hour ago, Guest hiding said:

That was a good summary of my post.

Regarding the discussion on the word "deserved" I merely gave an explanation why I can understand for some people in the public using this word in commenting on the driver and passengers in the crash car.

And I opposed the view of that Straits Times commentator not to look into the issue of speeding etc only because of respect to the relatives of the deceased. Society must discuss the inherent issues. If Singapore can't stand a discussion on speeding on the roads as people deceased in the event, don't know what to say.

Mainly I drew attention to risk taking and personal knowledge of the risk some people take.

Why should I have wasted 2/3 rd of my deleted post on this topic and even bring in the video of that lady who fell to her death at this rock in Australia.

Still don't understand why my post was deleted away.

My best fan at BW actually directly jumped on the word
"deserved" and draw wrong conclusions from my point of view, completely taking the word out of context of what I wrote.

To make it clear: Nobody wishes for anyone to have their children to die in any manner.

Guest Your addiction to falsehoo
3 hours ago, singalion said:

My best fan at BW actually directly jumped on the word
"deserved" and draw wrong conclusions from my point of view, completely taking the word out of context of what I wrote.

To make it clear: Nobody wishes for anyone to have their children to die in any manner.

From reading your other ranting posts you reveal your inconsistency in stance when you shoot your mouth off with freudian slip. You seem to think too highly of yourself, your "fans" you mentioned are people who noticed that and stripped off your masks to expose your blatant hypocrisies. Once we spot your crack, and your dishonesties, inconsistencies and ill will towards other humans in general we will forever be discerning about your disguise and pomposity. Pls reflect in the mirror - in case you have forgotten mirrors exist for our self readings like how others read you - and be mindful about your behaviour. This is a public forum after all.

8 hours ago, Guest serious said:

As if the SPF can stand at every corner can resolve every issue.

The authorities build plenty of fences and barriers on roads, but still there are people doing jaywalking at dangerous road sections, some even climbing these high barriers.

You are delusional and unrealistic, the police force can never stop any speedsters and racers, unless they bring such road infrastructure to Singapore into every road in a 10m distance, then the traffic will be crawling at 15km per hour through Singapore.

I guess you are just out of touch to make your point.

Eventually you look at the issue from a different angle:

Maybe there is a much more self entitled younger generation showing less respect to traffic rules (or willingness to accept any societal rules for their personal enjoyment disregarding the inherent dangers to themselves and even other people. 

I m not sure it would be for the police to handle such issues.

Only pointing fingers on due diligence of government authorities seems quite one sided to me.

Excuse me? Didn't someone here complained that the noise from the speedsters was keeping them up at night all the time? Isn't that enough to warrant the police to do something about it, including standing at that corner of that particular stretch of road at the very least? Or maybe, the person who was complaining about that noise is not disturbed by the road noise but other things? 

5 hours ago, FattChoy said:

Yawn...

1am and 2am still cannot sleep and must yawn huh? Why leh? There shouldn't be any more road racers there nowadays leh. Maybe what's keeping you awake at night is your conscience which is haunted by the "ghosts" of and from your toxicity. No police can help you there. 

Guest Awareness

I have witnessed many speedsters on the. AYE and ECP in the evenings for many months now. I ask if i am able to encounter such dangerous drivers why cannot the SPF?

We as taxpayers pay them to keep our roads safe 24/7 . The answers are more visible traffic police,more shifts and stronger penalties to ensure deterrents as it is plain to see current policing is ignored after dark.

13 hours ago, Nightingale said:

You have no evidence that it was posted by Singalion himself. It's just your speculation.

And yet.. You are one of those who goes around saying that this guest and that guest are the same guests all the time. Do you have any evidence of that then? Were those your speculation then? Hahahahaha! 

1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

One evidence stands out too clearly. Whenever Singalion posts something, you will always victimise him with insults, insisting that he has ill intents and your ending with the usual rant of calling him foreign trash. What has being foreign to do with any thread? None! You just need to bash him out of personal hatred. BW claims to be a website without a bad attitude or discrimination but your constant violation of courtesy rules casts a malicious light here.

If your supposed "evidence" is pointing to anything, it is only pointing to the fact that more and more people are beginning to dislike his personality and his attitude. Guests in other people's lands should have learnt to behave themselves even before they set foot there. For him to be only labeled as "foreign trash" by Singaporeans is already letting him off easy. In other countries like the Philippines, he would have been blacklisted, charged and evicted. His lack of respect for everyone is the reason why he got retaliated in almost every post he made. White supremacy has no place anywhere in this world. 

2 hours ago, Nightingale said:

BW claims to be a website without a bad attitude or discrimination

There're so many internal strifes & discriminations within the LGBTQ communities for so long already.. nobody notices that!!???

17 hours ago, Nightingale said:

So ironical that foreign trash is calling someone else foreign trash. It's like accusing someone else of being a thief when you are the real thief.

Since when am I a foreigner in my own country? The post you quoted was posted by limpeh, a 100% Singaporean who has served every single second of my NS to defend this country where my family has lived for 4 generations. So what shit you talking? Dunno, dun anyhow say things, you CB traitor! 

The interesting thing is, actually rarely anyone opposes my posts.

It is 99% you Guest Guest who comes up with these blown up totally out of proportion posts to any of my posts at BW. You are the only one here who is reacting so obsessive to any of my posts.

As I said, I can write on BW during a downpour in Singapore there is a heavy rain and you will follow instantly with a post calling me out.

There is another difference:

Other posters here, if they react to my posts will solely object to the content of my post and remain on the topic. But you Guest Guest merely point to my supposed foreign nationality and full of harsh insults. Nobody else does that here. Not even other Guest contributors.

Edited by singalion

5 hours ago, singalion said:

It is 99% you Guest Guest who comes up with these blown up totally out of proportion posts to any of my posts at BW. You are the only one here who is reacting so obsessive to any of my posts.

As I said, I can write on BW during a downpour in Singapore there is a heavy rain and you will follow instantly with a post calling me out.

OMG.... "rarely" anyone opposes your posts? Do you really think so? And when someone does oppose to your view, he is 99% certain to be that one single person? 

Do you really have some kind of a God-complex to the extent that you think you are popular to everyone and you are right all the time? 

If this online persona is anything close to your real life character, I think it is safe to surmise that you are just as unpopular in real life as you are on this forum. Go reflect on yourself. 

5 hours ago, singalion said:

Other posters here, if they react to my posts will solely object to the content of my post and remain on the topic. But you Guest Guest merely point to my supposed foreign nationality and full of harsh insults. Nobody else does that here. Not even other Guest contributors.

Your reputation as a foreign trash in Singapore has preceded you far and wide globally. Almost anyone on this forum would have seen how you twist facts and argue your way through with your twisted lies. And you argue with almost everyone and anyone here, and you even call them names, even with your pal Steve when you called "immature" in one of your posts somewhere. 

With a God-complex and an ego so big, it is actually quite easy to grow a global counter-fan base to dislike you. It's time to wake up your ideas and realize the truth that you are a much bigger troll than anybody else here on this forum, and even bigger than the rest of the anonymous Guests, you "foreign trash", a name you so rightfully deserves, speaking as a local living in my own country elsewhere. 

I sincerely hope you never come stay in my country ever, not even as a tourist. Even your own country has rejected you, and it's quite a miracle that Singapore can accept and tolerate trash like you there. 

Guest Not the other guests
9 hours ago, singalion said:

You are so disingenuously stretching it when you used the rain analogy. Full of smoke and mirror, spinning lies and exageration as always just to appear not in the wrong. Deluded by ownself to feel better and self righteous so you can go on attacking and deceiving people in this forum. Your modus operandi and history of getting your shit off and stirring shit in this forum had long been exposed, and you die die still stick to it to continue your shitty business of trolling others and posting crap to derail earnest discussions to incite chaos in this forum for your own amusement and sick entertainment, then desperately smoke your way through by spinning more lies to try to get off the hook when exposed and called out by others.

I will not call you foreign trash. Your are far more sinister than that. You are an unwanted pest of this world, scum of this earth now lurking and existing as a parasite on this forum.

7 minutes ago, auscent said:

Some findings on causes of car crash can be considered to be revealed to public. Spore is a bit too build up. Chances of such crashes seems high. 

It's not only the build up, but also the size.  SP is 42 km long and 22 km wide.  So if you had a straight road east to west, it would take less than 13 minutes to cross the island at 200 km/h.  Same with a straight road north to south,  it would take less than 7 minutes at that speed to go from end to end.  And you would have to break sharp to avoid flying beyond the road and into the water.  

Yesterday I drove 280 km to a clinic where I got my 2nd covid shot.   Long stretches of this road have a speed limit of 120 km/h (75 m/h), although most drivers exceed the limit to 140 km/h and even 150 km/h for passing.  As a responsible citizen, I drove no faster than 120 km/h... for an hour at the time or so.   And most cars and even trucks passed me on the road, ha ha.   HERE is where the 5 guys could have tried their "need for speed"  for a good while with little risk, except for the one to get a ticket.

• G_M changed the title to Guests vs Singalion
On 2/21/2021 at 11:57 PM, G_M said:

Commentary: When keyboard warriors mock the dead and cross a line

By LIM WEI YI
Published FEBRUARY 19, 2021
Updated FEBRUARY 20, 2021

Ili Nadhirah Mansor/TODAY

Offerings left at the site of a car crash at 37 Tanjong Pagar Road that killed five people.
Five people dead. One severely burnt.

Five people dead. One severely burnt.The Tanjong Pagar car crash was the news that most of us were talking about this Chinese New Year. An absolute tragedy.

The story of the fiancee risking her life to save her beau was poignant.In real life, we would offer our condolences and prayers. Perhaps due to the speed at which the internet has taken over our lives that we haven’t had time to establish social decorum, the comments on the internet were nasty.

“They deserve it”, “another BMW driver”, “serves them right” — these are just some of the milder comments online on this incident.Come on, no one deserves to die. At least it is not our prerogative to decide if someone deserves to.

We don’t even know them.We would not want strangers commenting that our loved ones “deserve” to die even if they had done something they shouldn’t. In return, we need to mind our words when we are online.

A couple of years ago, I had my student in junior college submit a column to a newspaper. When it was published, it was supposed to be an exciting moment for her.Imagine, seeing your very first byline!

That kind of encouragement could inspire someone to go into writing, do better for the subject or simply make the person’s day.Unfortunately, keyboard warriors marred the experience for her, criticising her for her views, with some making very personal and uncalled for attacks on her.A group of friends was once featured in a newspaper article about a business venture they had.

Online users started judging them based on their nationality and looks. Unfamiliar with the toxicity of the net, my friends were left distraught for a while, wondering what they had done wrong and questioning if the business decision was the right one.Of course, that’s the internet.

We shouldn’t expect more from it and we should be strong.Shrouded by the cloak of anonymity, the meekest people can voice their worst thoughts online because it feels less personal to diss people they don’t know and there are seemingly no consequences.

This is not new. In the early 2000s, when I was a part-time radio presenter, listeners would sometimes call in to criticise my newsreading, no holds barred. It was impersonal and to them, I was just a voice on the radio.

I took the comments in stride because they were not wrong. I would call them up and thank them for their feedback, acknowledging I had room for improvement.The interesting thing was these “nasty” listeners would behave totally differently on the phone when they were talking to me, a real person.

The tone became polite and they were apologetic, even though I was not offended.This is similar to the internet. Online users often do not realise they are targeting real people when they make vile remarks.

Stephen Ferris, an Irish rugby player, recently called for keyboard warriors to be banned, as their venomous words affect the mental health of players and their family. It is akin to cyber bullying.

A 2018 survey on cyber bullying commissioned by Mediacorp’s Talking Point found that in Singapore, about 63 percent of the 353 youths surveyed – largely in the 13 to 19 age group — have been both a victim and a bully in the social media space.

I am thick-skinned and pretty sharp-tongued myself so I don’t take online comments seriously, except when they are constructive.

My years in the media had trained me to take myself less seriously.One commenter to my last opinion piece in TODAY (about my wishlist for Singapore education this year) claimed that I was a Malaysian even though it’s untrue and has absolutely nothing to do with my stand in the article. (I later found out there’s a Malaysian politician called Lim Yi Wei, which is slightly different from my name.)

I simply laughed at the mediocrity of the comments and shrugged it off. But not everyone is as thick-skinned as I am.I was concerned my 17-year-old student might be hurt if she read the online messages so I had to gently warn her that there was a myriad of comments out there in the harsh real world and not to take heed of them.The families of the deceased driver and passengers in the Tanjong Pagar crash certainly do not need unsolicited comments about their children when they are mourning their demise.There was once a report of another case of death on the papers.

The keyboard warriors started to speculate how the deceased must have committed suicide or was at his wits’ ends.I recall thinking that it must have been simple to type those comments because the keyboard warriors are distant from the parties involved. We do not know the victims so it does not hurt us to criticise.

But what if we are relatives of the deceased?

Would we have said the same thing? What really annoys me are the strawman arguments and the spread of xenophobia via these keyboard warriors.

Whenever there’s news about a foreigner getting a job in Singapore, regardless of the merits, there will be comments about whether the person had served his National Service.

To be sure, I am not an angel myself. I tell my neighbours off when they are noisy and I definitely had made unnecessary comments about people I read about. It is easy to judge others but I am trying to change, trying to follow what I preach, especially when:

We often do not know the full story.

We do not know the people involved. When we are merely watching from the sidelines, it is always easier to judge.

Perhaps, the rule of thumb should be: If we are not going to say it to the face of the person involved or if we would not like to be at the receiving end of this comment, we probably should not have said it. Or rather, think before we type.

We are already living in a very sad world today — Covid-19 with its new strains, climate change threatening to drown cities such as Venice and people losing their jobs amid the crisis.

It might be an easy way to let off steam online in this stressful world. It is not illegal to make such comments and there is of course freedom of speech, but let’s try not to do it at the expense of others, especially to those who are grieving.

That would not just be lacking in empathy but also very unkind.

If we are feeling lonely at home in front of the computer, pick up the phone today and call a friend.

Use our SkillsFuture Credit to learn a new skill. Or download Tinder to make a new friend.

Mocking the dead shouldn’t be a way to make ourselves feel better. 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Lim Wei Yi is the co-founder of education centre Study Room. A former journalist, he also teaches at tertiary institutions.

I contradict to certain parts of this Commentary Article from the Straits Times.

Even if there is dead involved, surely nobody would want the public or internet keyboard warriors to mock the deceased.

However, a society must be able to discuss the nature involved or the background what lead to the event.

Otherwise there will be no takeaway for the society.

The author of the commentary unfortunately left out one matter which was striking out with the events at Tanjong Pagar: Personal risk taking. I am sure the vast majority here would conclude for 26 to 28 year old adults to be aware that speeding on the road can result in an accident, crash, or any technical issue with the car, loss of control of the driver.

You can speed on a nice German highway on a clear day at a straight stretch with no other cars around you at all and still something can happen, which leads to an accident or the car bumping into the side barriers, sudden loss of control at the steering wheel.

I think it is possible to say 26 to 29 year old adults are aware on such inherent risks with driving. 

Society should be able to discuss these issues following such events and not simply close down any discussion due to the fact that people have died.

I am looking more here at the bigger picture and the future of a society to make such events less happen.

This on my critic on the article.

On the problem of keyboard warriors:

The issue is more for all social media or online forums not having sufficient manpower to overview all posts and online reactions. 

As we are aware from the big tech companies, even setting certain algorithms won't resolve the issue, even worse, some adequate opinions or posts are deleted away or removed from the system if it uses one of the pre-programmed problem words and the "machines" detect this word.

The online forums or platforms will revert to the first issue: lack in manpower to control or overview all posts. Because adequate or appropriate non critical post will be deleted away too using such algorithms. The systems are not perfect and the publishers involved can't provide the manpower to overlook every post made.

We can even experience the same here at BW every day.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, singalion said:

I contradict to certain parts of this Commentary Article from the Straits Times.

Even if there is dead involved, surely nobody would want the public or internet keyboard warriors to mock the deceased.

However, a society must be able to discuss the nature involved or the background what lead to the event.

Otherwise there will be no takeaway for the society.

The author of the commentary unfortunately left out one matter which was striking out with the events at Tanjong Pagar: Personal risk taking. I am sure the vast majority here would conclude for 26 to 28 year old adults to be aware that speeding on the road can result in an accident, crash, or any technical issue with the car, loss of control of the driver.

You can speed on a nice German highway on a clear day at a straight stretch with no other cars around you at all and still something can happen, which leads to an accident or the car bumping into the side barriers, sudden loss of control at the steering wheel.

I think it is possible to say 26 to 29 year old adults are aware on such inherent risks with driving. 

Society should be able to discuss these issues following such events and not simply close down any discussion due to the fact that people have died.

I am looking more here at the bigger picture and the future of a society to make such events less happen.

This on my critic on the article.

On the problem of keyboard warriors:

The issue is more for all social media or online forums not having sufficient manpower to overview all posts and online reactions. 

As we are aware from the big tech companies, even setting certain algorithms won't resolve the issue, even worse, some adequate opinions or posts are deleted away or removed from the system if it uses one of the pre-programmed problem words and the "machines" detect this word.

The online forums or platforms will revert to the first issue: lack in manpower to control or overview all posts. Because adequate or appropriate non critical post will be deleted away too using such algorithms. The systems are not perfect and the publishers involved can't provide the manpower to overlook every post made.

We can even experience the same here at BW every day.

Please... Tolong.... Someone please go ban him permanently and forever already.. I've never seen anyone so thickskin to pick fights with everybody everyday everytime and still think he is right by claiming that he is commenting for the future of society. 

God have mercy on us. 

Guest Blase
41 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Please... Tolong.... Someone please go ban him permanently and forever already.. I've never seen anyone so thickskin to pick fights with everybody everyday everytime and still think he is right by claiming that he is commenting for the future of society. 

God have mercy on us. 

He is now wearing the "conscientious citizen" mask again. Let's see how long he can hide behind that mask until his horns, tails and felons reveal themselves.

Guest Angmoh leech burn in hell

That parasitic bitch was basically moaning about our moderators being clumsy and lazy in policing this forum. Now his PhD theses are all being thrown into the flaming room for the junk pulled out of his ass they are. LOL!

Guest GM pls take a break

GM if that bitch is not angmoh you would have banned him OREDI. 

YOU VERY FREE HOR DON'T WANT TO HAVE EASIER JOB BY BANNING THIS FORUM PEST PERMANENTLY. 🤪

Guest anti mosquito detergency
2 hours ago, Guest Angmoh leech burn in hell said:

That parasitic bitch was basically moaning about our moderators being clumsy and lazy in policing this forum. Now his PhD theses are all being thrown into the flaming room for the junk pulled out of his ass they are. LOL!

LOLOL

• 2 months later...
Guest huge balls
2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I wonder how long will be the queue once cases go down and government revert the situation to a better phase.

maybe entry only by appointment with pre-booking to avoid queue building...

wait n see...

I would wonder how huge the balls will be once they allow sauna to open again...

Guest Guest
On 5/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, Guest huge balls said:

maybe entry only by appointment with pre-booking to avoid queue building...

wait n see...

I would wonder how huge the balls will be once they allow sauna to open again...

Hi @singalion

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi @singalion

Wow, another "miss me" relapse?

3 days later you spot something you attribute to me? Are you running through all threads to detect something or?

Please tune your artificial intelligence detector app more to find any posts from me, I think it needs serious improvement.

Actually, it's quite easy. Just look out for my member nick...

Guest Attention Singalion
1 hour ago, singalion said:

Wow, another "miss me" relapse?

3 days later you spot something you attribute to me? Are you running through all threads to detect something or?

Please tune your artificial intelligence detector app more to find any posts from me, I think it needs serious improvement.

Actually, it's quite easy. Just look out for my member nick...

Why people talk about you in ANY thread you also will know? You scan all threads of this forum daily for any mention of you? You need that much attention to function daily??

Guest 犯賤冰冰
4 hours ago, Guest Attention Singalion said:

Why people talk about you in ANY thread you also will know? You scan all threads of this forum daily for any mention of you? You need that much attention to function daily??

LOL

• G_M changed the title to Guests Affection for Singalion (compiled)
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest
13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

But what @singalion wrote was not a personal opinion but a general statement about Ang Mohs,  and his statement was offensive to Ang Mohs.  

However,  I don't condemn him too harshly, he may not have realized the wrong in what he wrote. 

How would you know that he did not realize? He is known to be a shit-stirring member troll here. 

Starting Shit GIFs | Tenor  

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Don't you think that your judgment is rather severe?   It is not typical for members to be shit-stirring.  This may be more a trait of some guests. 

I think that his attack on Ang Mohs is more a result of his high standards of righteousness for others, and of course, Ang Mohs we are not perfect.  He may not have mirrors in his house,  because one glance at his reflection and he would realize that he is not so much more perfect than Ang Mohs...

Do you have elephants at home?   Because that pile in your animated pic must have come from nothing smaller than an elephant.  :lol:

Yes, the judgment is severe but the truth hurts, doesn't it? It is indeed not typical for members to be shit-stirring, but @singalion has always been the atypical foreign trash, hasn't he? Not sure about the lack of mirrors in his house. If there is a lack of them there, it might be because the mirrors couldn't take his internal and external ugliness and they all cracked the moment he appeared before them.  And considering just how unlikely a person can have an elephant at home, and also how full of shit @singalion is, I guess it could be his own shit that he is stirring there.

• G_M changed the title to Singalion Vs his Trolls (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.