Male HQ

Harry and Meghan’s Interview Aftermath

Steve5380

Meghan Markle and her husband prince Harry made some bombshell revelations in the last days about their relationship with the royal family.

I am not a person who pays much attention to royal families, but here are some details that call my interest.

How much of a SIN is it to speculate about the color of the child of a woman who is of mixed race?  Is it worse or better than speculate about the sexual orientation of a child from a gay father?  

If I would have been an open gay and my family had made speculations about my future son,  concerned that he might come out gay like I am,...  I would have BRUSHED IT OFF.  It would not have made me suicidal.

I am not a member of any royal family, who is in the eye of a whole nation, not to mention the whole world.  The revelation among acquaintances and friends that I am gay and that I may have soon a gay son would not be earth shattering.  Yet, in consideration to my family, I would have kept quiet and accepted this kind of false blemish without rushing away to distant lands and claim victimization.

Did this Meghan Markle not understand that she was joining a ROYAL FAMILY?  That this offers great benefits, but also some responsibilities? That privacy is one price to pay for the distinction?  There is a saying in Spanish:  "Nobleza obliga"  (nobility assigns responsibility).

There is also some responsibility of prince Harry.   The British royalty is not famous for the personal quality and intelligence of its members.  Look at prince Andrew and his dealings with prostitutes buddying with the infamous Epstein.   Harry, taking advantage of his position of 'prince', was able to get the attention of the very pretty actress Markle.  What straight would not love to have sex with her?  So he went ahead and married her, unconcerned that she is a person of mixed race and from a somewhat shady family.  This is like timeless fairy tales where love conquers everything...  But, it is not a wise move.

Let's consider that what Harry and Meghan did was perfectly acceptable, but not wise.  Whichever consequences this had in the reactions of the royal family,  these reactions were also perfectly understandable and excusable.  It is not a crime to want to preserve the ethnic homogeneity of a royal family.  And the result should not have to be so happy as Eddy Murphy played it in the movie "Coming to America".

My point is that there were no big sinners in this tragedy with the royal family,  and that the Dukes of Sussex should have kept their grievances to themselves.  They have had enough good Karma to have landed in the position they found themselves into.   If they had to leave, that was not such a devastating tragedy.  But to set up an interview with Oprah Winfrey and air all their dirty laundry in front of the whole world, unconcerned with the damage they do to the prestige of their royal family, is pure crap!

And I have a last thought about this:  If people can be so perturbed about the questioning of the color of the offspring of a woman of mixed race,  why cannot they be equally perturbed about the outing and/or harassment of a LGBTQ person?  

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Meghan Markle and her husband prince Harry made some bombshell revelations in the last days about their relationship with the royal family.

I am not a person who pays much attention to royal families, but here are some details that call my interest.

How much of a SIN is it to speculate about the color of the child of a woman who is of mixed race?  Is it worse or better than speculate about the sexual orientation of a child from a gay father?  

If I would have been an open gay and my family had made speculations about my future son,  concerned that he might come out gay like I am,...  I would have BRUSHED IT OFF.  It would not have made me suicidal.

I am not a member of any royal family, who is in the eye of a whole nation, not to mention the whole world.  The revelation among acquaintances and friends that I am gay and that I may have soon a gay son would not be earth shattering.  Yet, in consideration to my family, I would have kept quiet and accepted this kind of false blemish without rushing away to distant lands and claim victimization.

Did this Meghan Markle not understand that she was joining a ROYAL FAMILY?  That this offers great benefits, but also some responsibilities? That privacy is one price to pay for the distinction?  There is a saying in Spanish:  "Nobleza obliga"  (nobility assigns responsibility).

There is also some responsibility of prince Harry.   The British royalty is not famous for the personal quality and intelligence of its members.  Look at prince Andrew and his dealings with prostitutes buddying with the infamous Epstein.   Harry, taking advantage of his position of 'prince', was able to get the attention of the very pretty actress Markle.  What straight would not love to have sex with her?  So he went ahead and married her, unconcerned that she is a person of mixed race and from a somewhat shady family.  This is like timeless fairy tales where love conquers everything...  But, it is not a wise move.

Let's consider that what Harry and Meghan did was perfectly acceptable, but not wise.  Whichever consequences this had in the reactions of the royal family,  these reactions were also perfectly understandable and excusable.  It is not a crime to want to preserve the ethnic homogeneity of a royal family.  And the result should not have to be so happy as Eddy Murphy played it in the movie "Coming to America".

My point is that there were no big sinners in this tragedy with the royal family,  and that the Dukes of Sussex should have kept their grievances to themselves.  They have had enough good Karma to have landed in the position they found themselves into.   If they had to leave, that was not such a devastating tragedy.  But to set up an interview with Oprah Winfrey and air all their dirty laundry in front of the whole world, unconcerned with the damage they do to the prestige of their royal family, is pure crap!

And I have a last thought about this:  If people can be so perturbed about the questioning of the color of the offspring of a woman of mixed race,  why cannot they be equally perturbed about the outing and/or harassment of a LGBTQ person?  

How can a b list actress gain worldwide fame and several hundred millions than? And what’s with that Oprah? 1st interviewed shady MJ accusers when he is dead and she was his friend and now this.

Guest Guest Curious
8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You do not pay much attention to royal families. So you know little about the workings in public and behind the curtains of the British royals. So stop making wild assumptions. And how do you know anyone in the Brit royals was pissed off about the outing of an LGBTQ guy? Which guy was this? Decades ago Harry's father claimed in the media that he thought for a time that he might be gay. Doesn't seem to me that stating one might be gay would be a problem. Don't make things up.

Guest SmoothGirlwantsHairy
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

You do not pay much attention to royal families. So you know little about the workings in public and behind the curtains of the British royals. So stop making wild assumptions. And how do you know anyone in the Brit royals was pissed off about the outing of an LGBTQ guy? Which guy was this? Decades ago Harry's father claimed in the media that he thought for a time that he might be gay. Doesn't seem to me that stating one might be gay would be a problem. Don't make things up.

You must not reason with a fool or lunatic.  He may not be "assuming". 😁😇

We just don't realise that with each choice we make, there are strings attached or how many strings attached.  However, I am slightly amused by my own interpretation of a revelation in your post, your inclination to keeping up appearance.

Nothing compared to intrigue in the Forbidden City.

44 minutes ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

You don't pay much attention to what you read.  I never wrote that anyone in the Brit royals was pissed off about the outing of an LGBTQ.

You need to improve your reading comprehension, or,  perhaps,  I need to write more simple English for you...

Edited by Steve5380

20 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

We just don't realise that with each choice we make, there are strings attached or how many strings attached.  However, I am slightly amused by my own interpretation of a revelation in your post, your inclination to keeping up appearance.

Don't we all try to keep up appearance?  Remember the saying:  "only the children, the old and the dumb tell the truth"  😄

The difference is in the degree and relevance of not keeping up appearance.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest Curious
20 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You need to improve your reading comprehension, or,  perhaps,  I need to write more simple English for you...

Good idea. You always pontificate. Hey guys, this is me. I am 77 or whatever and I have the experience to know! Pay attention to what I say!

Good for you. Trouble is in picking bits and pieces from the interview you omit the part that really affects tens of millions around the world.

Mental illness is a fact of many people's lives. Oh don't give us the usual bs about exercise, great diets and all that crap. Fact is mental illness affects people of all degrees of fitness, all nations, all colours, all creeds. The Duchess said was close to suicide. Forget about the reasons. That was fact. She went to the people in charge of the royal household begging for help and they told her she could not go to a hospital because that would be bad PR. Those near suicide or with suicidal thoughts need and must get help. But you omit that in favour of pontificating about the woman being an unsuitable partner for the man. "Not a wise move". What gives you the right to say two people you know only through tittle tattle biased tabloid media should or should not marry? You don't know any of them. Not one.

You have told us often that you were married fro a woman, then you met a gay man with HIV and fell in love. Was your first relationship "not a wise move"? Was your second relationship "not a wise move?" Be careful what you write.

35 minutes ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

Good idea. You always pontificate. Hey guys, this is me. I am 77 or whatever and I have the experience to know! Pay attention to what I say!

Good for you. Trouble is in picking bits and pieces from the interview you omit the part that really affects tens of millions around the world.

Mental illness is a fact of many people's lives. Oh don't give us the usual bs about exercise, great diets and all that crap. Fact is mental illness affects people of all degrees of fitness, all nations, all colours, all creeds. The Duchess said was close to suicide. Forget about the reasons. That was fact. She went to the people in charge of the royal household begging for help and they told her she could not go to a hospital because that would be bad PR. Those near suicide or with suicidal thoughts need and must get help. But you omit that in favour of pontificating about the woman being an unsuitable partner for the man. "Not a wise move". What gives you the right to say two people you know only through tittle tattle biased tabloid media should or should not marry? You don't know any of them. Not one.

You have told us often that you were married fro a woman, then you met a gay man with HIV and fell in love. Was your first relationship "not a wise move"? Was your second relationship "not a wise move?" Be careful what you write.

LOL!  LOL!   I should hire you to write my biography. :) 

Guest Guest Curious
24 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  LOL!   I should hire you to write my biography. :) 

No need. You keep writing about it so many times here.

Noted that you failed to answer any of my questions.

As for your comments at the start of the thread, as you pontificate you also omit several other factors. Was your mother virtually killed by the paparazzi when you were only 12? Despite your greed, were you forced to walk behind her coffin to the church in full view of well over a billion around the world? How much psychological trauma did that cause you? Did you volunteer aged 22 to serve as the Prince did in Afghanistan? No doubt you were over the age limit by then. The British media had agreed to a total embargo about his presence there and fulfilled their part. Did you know he was exposed by an American media outlet and had to be pulled back to the UK after 10 weeks? How about Vietnam? Did you serve and fight in Vietnam? If so what sort of mental after effects did you suffer. If not, why not?

Look to yourself before criticising other.

Guest Iceland Princess
10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You don't have to elaborate so much.  When MM and Harry announced their "togetherness" on national TV,  I already began to have the negative feelings about it.  First, MM is an American woman of mix race, TV celeibrity and most importantly, a divorcee with shady family background and cultural loud from the country she was raised.  Harry, on the hand, is unstained, unmolested, a gentleman, quiet,  kindhearted soul, conservative  and a royal member popular among the British.  How can the two who came from extremely different pole  came together as perfect match is beyond my imaginations.  It is not like the Royal family never had such nightmare before (think of Harry's grand uncle who renounced his crown to marry an American divorcee).  

Having said that, MM tried to look modernly outspoken unlike most British people.  At least Diana, though modern, tend to be shy and tried to stay away from the limelight.  MM's agenda is clear, she wanted to surpass Kate Middleton and be a popular soul in the Royal family. She thought she could have the fame and liking similar to Diana but forgot that Diana is a young British woman with no blemished background.  MM is already mid 30s.  The two cannot be compared which explains why she couldn't get along with the staffs in the palace.  She probably has bullied her workers for getting in her ways or not following her style.    

Just like me,  Piers Morgan felt MM is an embarassment to the Royal and has absolute control over Harry's dick and mind.  I hope Harry ditched MM and return to the Royal family (to marry me).

3 minutes ago, Guest Iceland Princess said:

Just like me,  Piers Morgan felt MM is an embarassment to the Royal and has absolute control over Harry's dick and mind.  I hope Harry ditched MM and return to the Royal family (to marry me).

I also saw the Piers Morgan's program where he opinionated like you and me,  and some woman he was interviewing verbally jumped at his neck.  At least we can express our opinions without danger of being verbally assaulted, except maybe by some Guests? 

Sometimes, we are in new situations that demand quick integration. Stressful. But that can be normal, not necess mental health.

Watch, learn, be humble, get corrected/scolded, repeat cycle. One of the first thing a workplace told me on Day 1: dont wait to be invited/ taught.

Perhaps given more time and patience, this Pronce H saga could work out better.

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

hat the Dukes of Sussex should have kept their grievances to themselves.  They have had enough good Karma to have landed in the position they found themselves into. 

It was not Harry's idea.  MM staged all these openly. She wanted fame initially and if she can't get it, she would eye for sympathy.  Don't forget, she is a woman of greed and lust for power.  Having harry, mean she can hold the royal family in ransom and blackmail, threaten or damage to increase her celebrity status.  She is making use of Oprah Winfrey for a start. 

Guest Royal

Where does royal family come from? 

I mean if have to start from somewhere? 

So some male and female decided to be royal so their bloodline gets to rule? 

And we just accepted it? 

Royalty is a weird concept. 

Kingdom is a man made concept. 

Not a god creation. 

Guest Guest Curious
42 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Tell me...  why should I answer your snide questions?

Why not? They are not snide. They deal with fact. I ask because you are often the first to criticise other posters here.  Yet it would help judge the reasoning being your points if posters know where you are coming from. For you betray a bias borne of total lack of knowledge. Correct us by telling us if you made mistakes as outlined? Did you serve in Vietnam as Harry did honourably in Afghanistan? Failure to answer can lead to readers to certain implications.

Guest Guest Curious
12 minutes ago, Guest Royal said:

Where does royal family come from? 

I suspect you have to delve back into millennia for that one. Replace royalty with leadership. All ancient tribes had leaders. So 秦始皇, Cyrus the Great, Cleopatra, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great and their like all emerged as leaders. No idea how they were chosen (probably in battle) but at some point in history fathers wanted sons to succeed them. Then dynasties were formed. Zoom forward to 1500 when the tribes in Europe had mostly become royal families, Imperial famiies and the like while other parts of the world still had a tribal like structure. Then the powers of ruling families were slowly stripped away to the extent that most became more figureheads than true leaders.

Just my view.

Guest Real Derelict
2 hours ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

Well said.

Guest Real Derelict
1 hour ago, Guest Cunt said:

It was not Harry's idea.  MM staged all these openly. She wanted fame initially and if she can't get it, she would eye for sympathy.  Don't forget, she is a woman of greed and lust for power.  Having harry, mean she can hold the royal family in ransom and blackmail, threaten or damage to increase her celebrity status.  She is making use of Oprah Winfrey for a start. 

Yes, media whore wants instant success.  And she did it.  This smelly abalone knows how to manipulate them by using race issues, royal issues.  

Guest Real Derelict
1 hour ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

No need. You keep writing about it so many times here.

Noted that you failed to answer any of my questions.

As for your comments at the start of the thread, as you pontificate you also omit several other factors. Was your mother virtually killed by the paparazzi when you were only 12? Despite your greed, were you forced to walk behind her coffin to the church in full view of well over a billion around the world? How much psychological trauma did that cause you? Did you volunteer aged 22 to serve as the Prince did in Afghanistan? No doubt you were over the age limit by then. The British media had agreed to a total embargo about his presence there and fulfilled their part. Did you know he was exposed by an American media outlet and had to be pulled back to the UK after 10 weeks? How about Vietnam? Did you serve and fight in Vietnam? If so what sort of mental after effects did you suffer. If not, why not?

Look to yourself before criticising other.

His biography??!! Please don't waste time! Who wants to read his miserable life?  Only he alone is screaming for attention.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest Curious said:

And the part I cannot unread and unremember : the Dirty Old Man shower only once every three days. 🤮

Guest money

NOBODY asked how much money Meghan received for the interview. Didn't see the live interview yet but I heard there were extended commercial breaks every 8 minutes for about 15 - 20 minutes or even longer....

Guest Guest

Biden is definitely going to be the cause of WW3 if this goes on. First, he sticks his nose where it don't belong by going against China in siding with Taiwan. And now, his spokesperson go took the opposite side of the British royalties and took the side of Meghan?? 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/white-house-praises-meghans-courage-after-oprah-interview-airs-in-uk/ 

Guest Meghan is so LAME!

When MM was asked whether she knew she would be married into the strict Instituion, she claimed that she didn't want to pry into Harry's background before marrying him, in the name of giving him more privacy.  So lame!!!  The whole world knew who Prince Harry was and MM said she didn't know much about him.  Lame, Lame and Lame!!!!!  She also mourned about her son not being given the "Prince" title and without which their son has no protection.  Lame Lame and more lame!!!

Guest Bystander
2 hours ago, Guest money said:

NOBODY asked how much money Meghan received for the interview. Didn't see the live interview yet but I heard there were extended commercial breaks every 8 minutes for about 15 - 20 minutes or even longer....

Reportedly, they are not paid for the interview.

A media guru commented that the benefits that came after that interview will earn them much more than if they will to get paid. Product and Service endorsements that follow after will earn the whole family a HUGE amount. 

Their booking manager is good ya but could be a downfall for her as she played victim in International Woman Day. And take a look at what she wore ...could  worth how many yrs of our pay lol

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, Guest Bystander said:

Reportedly, they are not paid for the interview.

A media guru commented that the benefits that came after that interview will earn them much more than if they will to get paid. Product and Service endorsements that follow after will earn the whole family a HUGE amount. 

Their booking manager is good ya but could be a downfall for her as she played victim in International Woman Day. And take a look at what she wore ...could  worth how many yrs of our pay lol

... and if the British Royalty family is to sue them for reputational damages, let's just see if whatever earnings can cover the compensation ..... 

Harry have the right to say or condemned the royal families because he is one of them. He dobt want to be a mules or robot in the line of  hireanarchy, thats what happen to William and Charles. I bet that he bear grudges or revenge on his mother death which he believe was murder by his own families. In order nothing to happen to his beloved wife - Meghan and son - Archie, he willing to lose all the titles and lead a normal life as a commoner.As goe Meghan she was trapped and feel insecure when racial slur is wagging in the palace. You can how pathetic and unforgiveable this English people was passing remarks. We are not in her position as to understand her feelings.

Edited by tinkermybutt

Guest guest guest

All I can remember is the tabloid blaring , Hairy 's ginger pubes, ginger pubes, ginger pubes.

blah, blah, wild party, lotsa girls, naked games, 

ginger pubes, ginger pubes, ginger pubes.

Guest skiandel

i hope the royal palace has some secret tapes of Megs sitting on a crapper and picking her nose and eating the booger. 

or Megs caught secretly spitting into teacups and serving the senior royals with it.

or worse,

Guest the real link
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Biden is definitely going to be the cause of WW3 if this goes on. First, he sticks his nose where it don't belong by going against China in siding with Taiwan. And now, his spokesperson go took the opposite side of the British royalties and took the side of Meghan?? 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/white-house-praises-meghans-courage-after-oprah-interview-airs-in-uk/ 

Yeah, true, I guess Biden is at fault for the exploding volcano at Popocatépetl, Italy's Etna and in Indonesia's Sinabung. That's too obvious and for siding with American Indian Homeland Secretary on environmental matters...

2e625a685d.jpeg

Etna vulcano in Italy

0455a9edad.jpg

and Singabung volcano

52170a9cf6.jpg

From my humble and honest view the next World War will start more probably due to the fact that Meghan will complain on the new Hermes bag because her tablet doesn't fit into the bag as the zip is 5 cm lower than before...  I guess it must be Biden's fault too.

Hermes Birkin Bag Sets New World Record | Jing Daily

I m sure you will find the Taiwan link on all the above mentioned topics...  the same as already found the link between Meghan and Biden's Taiwan policy...

Just out of curiosity: Are you already stocking up toilet paper?

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest the real link said:

Yeah, true, I guess Biden is at fault for the exploding volcano at Popocatépetl, Italy's Etna and in Indonesia's Sinabung. That's too obvious and for siding with American Indian Homeland Secretary on environmental matters...

2e625a685d.jpeg

Etna vulcano in Italy

0455a9edad.jpg

and Singabung volcano

52170a9cf6.jpg

From my humble and honest view the next World War will start more probably due to the fact that Meghan will complain on the new Hermes bag because her tablet doesn't fit into the bag as the zip is 5 cm lower than before...  I guess it must be Biden's fault too.

Hermes Birkin Bag Sets New World Record | Jing Daily

I m sure you will find the Taiwan link on all the above mentioned topics...  the same as already found the link between Meghan and Biden's Taiwan policy...

Just out of curiosity: Are you already stocking up toilet paper?

Oh, I m getting scared now, I can hear the American Indian rain dance already....  smoke on the sky.... 

... you mean it is not Donald Trump's fault meh? Oh! I forgot, President Election is over. So it's not his fault anymore. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, tinkermybutt said:

Harry have the right to say or condemned the royal families because he is one of them. He dobt want to be a mules or robot in the line of  hireanarchy, thats what happen to William and Charles. I bet that he bear grudges or revenge on his mother death which he believe was murder by his own families. In order nothing to happen to his beloved wife - Meghan and son - Archie, he willing to lose all the titles and lead a normal life as a commoner.As goe Meghan she was trapped and feel insecure when racial slur is wagging in the palace. You can how pathetic and unforgiveable this English people was passing remarks. We are not in her position as to understand her feelings.

Regardless if Harry has the rights to condemn the royal families or not, he has no right to go embarrass the entire household by washing his own dirty laundry in public. This is not just about royalty etiquette, this is basic family etiquette. 

It's funny how you say Meghan can feel trapped and insecure when racial slur is wagging in the palace. Did she feel the same when Harry made racist remarks on camera before they got married? And yet, she still married into the family?  https://www.hindustantimes.com/world/harry-apologises-for-racist-remarks/story-yisfsfepglS688LFhH8eCP.html  

You are right to say that we are not in her position as to understand her feelings. She may not be the angel you think she is. And her feelings may be more nefarious than you think she is. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/piers-morgan-on-meghan-markle-shes-not-the-angel-you-think-she-is/ZQILE7WRMTCJA36SPXOTRAPEVY/

Guest guest guest

why are people posting off topic discussion ? 

its about how ungracious Megx is not crossing her shaved legs, 

not about Biden. 

if u dont want topic to be closed, stixk to the topic please.

Guest the real link
54 minutes ago, Guest guest guest said:

not about Biden. 

Exactly!

Who brought up Biden at this thread? Not me, just took it in comedian manner... 

Guest money
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Regardless if Harry has the rights to condemn the royal families or not, he has no right to go embarrass the entire household by washing his own dirty laundry in public. This is not just about royalty etiquette, this is basic family etiquette. 

It's funny how you say Meghan can feel trapped and insecure when racial slur is wagging in the palace. Did she feel the same when Harry made racist remarks on camera before they got married? And yet, she still married into the family?  https://www.hindustantimes.com/world/harry-apologises-for-racist-remarks/story-yisfsfepglS688LFhH8eCP.html  

You are right to say that we are not in her position as to understand her feelings. She may not be the angel you think she is. And her feelings may be more nefarious than you think she is. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/piers-morgan-on-meghan-markle-shes-not-the-angel-you-think-she-is/ZQILE7WRMTCJA36SPXOTRAPEVY/

She has a grudge with Kate Middleton... and maybe plenty a lot more.

She has a chance to release her sorrows, relief her personal grief (whether the grief was justified or not) and even earn a lot of money with it...

I guess Her Majesty was not amused.... 😂

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest guest guest said:

not about Biden. 

Exactly!

Who brought up Biden at this thread? Not me, just took it in comedian manner... 

Exactly! 

Not Biden's business, then Biden's spokesperson go comment it for fuck??

Trying to start some diplomatic tension between the British royal family and White House?? 

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This thread has nothing to do with Biden, like another poster observed earlier.  It seems that you have been damaged too much by the flack you receive in the thread "Transition...".   The comment the White House made was not so much in support of MM but in support of giving mental health the proper care it deserves.  This comes from the lack of concern in the palace for the suicidal state of MM.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I agree with your opinion here.  

Like I wrote in my first post,  there does not seem to be any big sinners in this pseudo-tragedy.  What one can find reprehensible is the interview MM had with Oprah Winfrey. I think that SHE welcomed the interview more than Harry.  Otherwise,  the parties in this episode can be well understood.

She is pretty, and had the opportunity to use her appearance to advance in life.  Nothing to object to this.  She must have felt attraction to a somewhat naïve Harry given his status as Prince, 3d in line to the Throne.  She must have known perfectly well the privilege that would come to the wife of Harry,  and...  it should not have taken much research to learn also the obligations.  But she could not know the future and didn't predict how she would feel in such a position.  She must have felt like the most blessed woman in the world and expected that this feeling would remain forever.  But things changed, and her happiness vanished.  She would not accept a less-than-perfect life, so she rebelled against what kept her from "being herself".  She didn't have the class, the essence, the nobility to recognize that SHE was part of the problem, she felt no empathy for the other actors in the royal team, and blamed them for everything.   Again, this is very understandable and does not make her a mortal sinner.

A similar case could be that of a highly religious person who decided to dedicate his life to God and become a priest.  Once in the priesthood, he realizes the big injustices of the institution to other people it calls "sinners",  like the gays,  and the hypocrisy of members of the clergy who prey on altar boys while preaching morality.  He openly criticizes what he sees wrong,  he forgets his wows of obedience, and becomes a rebel and a pain in the neck for the hierarchy.  Thus he will NOT feel loved and appreciated.   Is it surprising that the Catholic Church in Rome disliked Martin Luther instead of thanking him for making them aware of their shortcomings?   If one wants to become a priest, one should know that this will restrict personal opinions and the "be yourself",  but it requires accommodating to the rules of the institution.   Likewise,  MM should have known the rules for the royal family and should have accepted them,  or... not married Harry...  but this was surely TOO tempting!

The royal family has its traditions, its rules, which forces them to obedience, adaptation to their royal rules.  The Queen is a prisoner of her reign.   It is understandable that they felt embarrassed for MM seeking treatment to prevent suicide,  for her wish to "be herself" and go around like she is a free celebrity.  And this thing of they showing concern for how dark Harry's children would come out...   this is perfectly natural!   Which Singapore parents would not be concerned if their clear-skin daughter could have a baby that is completely Black?   Would this be nearly as bad as their son turning out to be gay?   This concerns are completely understandable, if not very justifiable. 

So I am left without serious villains in this episode.  Again, what is worth contempt is the Oprah interview.  This took away any sympathy I felt for MM. 

Edited by Steve5380

• oralb changed the title to Harry and Meghan’s Interview Aftermath
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.