Male HQ

Is it ok for HIV positive person to continue having sex and bjs in local spas, saunas and clubs?

Guest Rlee889988

Guest Rlee889988

Is it ok for HIV positive person to continue having sex and bjs in local spas, saunas and clubs? That person knew he is HIV positive yet he did not mentioned anything abt it and continue til now having sex and bjs with strangers he met online and in spa, saunas and clubs.

Guest Guest

It’s never okay. Poor those he fucked unprotected. Maybe he doesn’t care if he infects other people he cares only about his libido. This is the reason why sex with just we met is bad. I once had a sex in a sauna and gave me trauma waiting for weeks to have the hiv test.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest Rlee889988 said:

Sigh. Thats what I said to him. All he can say is "I always use a condom"....

Some may even say, "I am on medication, so my viral load is undetectable, so I can play raw".  

Is it ok for HIV positive person to continue having sex and bjs in local spas, saunas and clubs? That person knew he is HIV positive yet he did not mentioned anything abt it and continue til now having sex and bjs with strangers he met online and in spa, saunas and clubs.

FYI, it’s a crime to have sex if you are hiv

Guest bsbsbs
2 hours ago, tinkymale said:

Sorry but this is plain bullshit. 

Sure Hiv positive can have sex. 

It is a crime not to reveal to the sex partner if you are positive. 

This is a difference. 

But it's wrong to say you can't have sex if positive. 

If you meet a potential sex partner you have the duty to inform his sex partners of his HIV-positive status if he wanted to engage in any sexual activity, so that his partners would be aware of the risk of HIV infection.

In the context of a gay sauna, not sure how this would be realistic.

An HIV+ person on a good antiviral treatment that keeps him with undetectable levels of the virus is practically unable to infect others.  If in addition he uses protection (also for his benefit since he could contract a new strain of the virus) he will not be infectious. 

But, still there is the issue of the right of any sex partner to know about his HIV+ status and have a chance to listen to his disclaimer and agree (or not).  In a relationship this should be easy, but in a one-time meet at the sauna it takes more guts to make the revelation.  But the fact that he does it should inspire trust that he is telling the truth. 

4 hours ago, doncoin said:

No. It is not a crime to have sex if you are HIV+. What is criminal is you have unprotected sex without disclosing to your partner(s). See Infectious Disease Act.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/IDA1976?ProvIds=P1IV-.

the law is still stuck in the 1980s, 1990s.

how to justify the law if you believe in the science behind U=U

and aren't people supposed to protect themselves by treating every partner as a potential carrier? (ie, use protection ± prep)

Guest Rlee889988

I have asked him several times if he told the person he is going to have sex with, that he is HIV positive, he said no. There is no need and its not against the law. He also said that in the heat of the moment, he just want to get it on. He even stated he had sex in the local saunas just a few days ago, with a few people, raw....

Guest Responsibility

I have asked him several times if he told the person he is going to have sex with, that he is HIV positive, he said no. There is no need and its not against the law. He also said that in the heat of the moment, he just want to get it on. He even stated he had sex in the local saunas just a few days ago, with a few people, raw....

But isn’t it on everyone to protect themselves? Everyone you describe is being irresponsible and reckless - your friend who is positive and the people who are accepting being fucked raw by a stranger. 

Tbh, if he cares so little about other people, I wonder how good a friend he can be. 

I got it from an almost bf a few years back cause he didnt care to mention it to me. I blame myself for trusting him and myself for not being careful enough. I am okay now but ever since then I never had sex anymore cause I am afraid of putting people at risk. 

Guest Rlee889988

Ever since i knew what he did, I dont have sex anymore, also avoided goin to spas, saunas and pubs....It keeps playing on my mind, what happens if i gets it from someone who got it frm him? Worse thing is both of us are in the same group of friends and some have admitted sleeping with him...i have yet to tell them...i dunno if i shld...i told him to tell them directly...now i dun even meet up with them anymore because of this issue..

Guest doxxer?
3 hours ago, Guest Rlee889988 said:

Ever since i knew what he did, I dont have sex anymore, also avoided goin to spas, saunas and pubs....It keeps playing on my mind, what happens if i gets it from someone who got it frm him? Worse thing is both of us are in the same group of friends and some have admitted sleeping with him...i have yet to tell them...i dunno if i shld...i told him to tell them directly...now i dun even meet up with them anymore because of this issue..

I just wonder if your Guest profile name is a hint on the actual person. If so you are doing nothing other than doxxing.

The Moderators should look into this. @G_M  @BlinkOnce

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, tinkymale said:

U obviously live in a cave. In sg its not a crime. Unless u don't declare to the other party and take no precaution. 

If they are taking med and r virally suppressed they cannot transmit the virus. This is endorsed by WHO and CDC. U=U

Make informed decision not spread fake stuff.

On 3/14/2021 at 1:41 AM, Guest Rlee889988 said:

On 3/13/2021 at 11:59 PM, Guest Wong said:

I got it from an almost bf a few years back cause he didnt care to mention it to me. I blame myself for trusting him and myself for not being careful enough. I am okay now but ever since then I never had sex anymore cause I am afraid of putting people at risk. 

It is commendable the dedication of the two of you to protect others from the virus.

But you need to keep informed and learn that abstaining from sex is not necessary if your virus level is kept "durably undetectable".  Here is a publication by a reputable source of infectious diseases treatments,  the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases,  NIAID:   

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/10-things-know-about-hiv-suppression 

"People living with HIV who take antiretroviral medications daily as prescribed and who achieve and then maintain an undetectable viral load have effectively no risk of sexually transmitting the virus to an HIV-negative partner. "

We should also not eliminate the hope for a cure.  The research into viral infections has received an enormous boost with the Covid-19 pandemic.  A probability exists that with the surge of new science the key to eliminate HIV may finally emerge.  

And, with a thought on how little in this world can have absolute certainty, it seems reasonable that a person under HIV treatment and being "durably undetectable" can resume an active sex life like there is no HIV present,  even without having to disclose having a suppressed HIV+.  One positive is that such person having antiretroviral drugs in his system (like taking PrEP) will not be at risk of reinfection with this virus.

So, don't renounce to a healthy sex life  :) 

could be ptsd of sorts -- hope the guy you got it from rots in hell

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is commendable the dedication of the two of you to protect others from the virus.

But you need to keep informed and learn that abstaining from sex is not necessary if your virus level is kept "durably undetectable".  Here is a publication by a reputable source of infectious diseases treatments,  the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases,  NIAID:   

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/10-things-know-about-hiv-suppression 

"People living with HIV who take antiretroviral medications daily as prescribed and who achieve and then maintain an undetectable viral load have effectively no risk of sexually transmitting the virus to an HIV-negative partner. "

We should also not eliminate the hope for a cure.  The research into viral infections has received an enormous boost with the Covid-19 pandemic.  A probability exists that with the surge of new science the key to eliminate HIV may finally emerge.  

And, with a thought on how little in this world can have absolute certainty, it seems reasonable that a person under HIV treatment and being "durably undetectable" can resume an active sex life like there is no HIV present,  even without having to disclose having a suppressed HIV+.  One positive is that such person having antiretroviral drugs in his system (like taking PrEP) will not be at risk of reinfection with this virus.

So, don't renounce to a healthy sex life  :) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.