Male HQ

Text replies are getting slower.. means it should end soon?

Guest Sighpie

Guest Polymerase

Not much context to work with, but, in general...

Give it a last go by asking the person a few questions about themselves. If they never truly reciprocate, chances are they just aren't interested in you. If they are interested in you, they will try after you have tried. They will notice that you have tried and try. When they try, it is noticeable. That's when we help them out by carrying the conversation. But if they don't try, again for the 100th time, why do all the conversating?

Life isn't long enough to play games with people - social interaction games that is. If you see someone that doesn't put into the conversation, put equal energy into leaving that setting.

40 minutes ago, Guest Sighpie said:

My motivation to reply also drops. 

Not a good sign either. Ask yourself why you are feeling this way.

41 minutes ago, Guest Sighpie said:

is this friendship over soon?

Probably. It's okay though. Chin up, you did what you could.  :)

47 minutes ago, Guest Sighpie said:

We started well with some texts but now the frequency is once per week.

Not necessarily.  After a while, there is less and less material to communicate that you have not written already.  Write now shorter texts, with more personal occurrences that may appear trivial but still express the desire to communicate.  BTW,  this is also what happens in a relationship:  fewer things left to communicate as the rs goes into long years.  But this does not mean that it has to end.

Guest Cosmic Logic
11 hours ago, Guest Sighpie said:

No.  No yet over.  It is a seasonal thing.  Spring will follow after every Winter.  Autumn will come after Summer, than you will experience winter.   Don't forget every part of us is made of cosmic elements.  As such, I won't take it too seriously and rather let my feelings go with the flow of the universe.

Guest Similar

Likely. My partner and I used to text daily. While it wasn’t around the clock, the messages are enough to keep us updated about each other’s life, and they were something that I looked forward to receiving. Then, it went south and became the basic “Have you eaten”, “What are you doing”, and there was clearly a disengagement, with him missing out messages, or replied only after many hours even though he was online.

We had a talk about it, true enough, his heart was elsewhere, with someone new entering his life. F***er.

Over the years, I have learnt to take things easy. People come and go, while you may pour your heart and soul to make things work but it takes two hands to clap. His reason was that our differences to be too big for him to overcome. Whatever, excuses are excuses. I deserve better.

Guest agree

yes.. when they are interested in you, they will find time to reply your messages.

when they lost interest in you, they will not reply and say they are busy. but you will find them on social media, BW and everywhere except replying to your messages..

Came to realized that there is no true love in our circle.. People tends to stray after some time because they are sick of the norm. need new things to excite them. 

Life your own life.. 

• 2 years later...
Guest Harry
On 3/14/2021 at 11:15 PM, Guest Sighpie said:

Usually it is. Prepare to move on

I feel the delay in responding shows the priority you have in his life.  You will need to look at the circumstances surrounding the time period when his response is slow. 

If it is his peak period of work or is under a lot of stress to get something done, your priority will be low at that point in time.

However, if the circumstances at that time are normal, then that low priority given to you in his life would indicate a lack of interest.   In that case, I would think the best thing for you to do would be to plan for your exit.  If the horse is not interested in drinking, why drag it to water?

On 5/14/2023 at 9:41 PM, yhtang said:

I feel the delay in responding shows the priority you have in his life.  You will need to look at the circumstances surrounding the time period when his response is slow. 

If it is his peak period of work or is under a lot of stress to get something done, your priority will be low at that point in time.

However, if the circumstances at that time are normal, then that low priority given to you in his life would indicate a lack of interest.   In that case, I would think the best thing for you to do would be to plan for your exit.  If the horse is not interested in drinking, why drag it to water?

Hold ur head up. Plan for ur exit, not let it get planned for u.

Make it simple for ya...

For friendship is norm if the person don't reply often or find you less interesting? You and him just friends why so fast have this deep feelings? If you treasure this friendship then nothing wrong to initiate and see if he reply etc...

Remember don't overthink or assume otherwise...and pls don't put your 100% to 110% of your heart ❤️ to him...treat him like 50% that way you don't feel guilty etc...what is the point of putting your energy to someone who just in friendship zone. People come and go...if I were you I go find others to chat with or meet up etc....

I hope both of your friendship will continue. Sometime we need to initiate just talk anything or ask for opinions....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.