Male HQ

Which brand of sports shoes do you wear? And why? (Non-SAF Issued)

kidster

Guest Guest

Adidas SL20 from shopee 11.11 sales last year. 70% off normal price, around <$55 , after shop + cart coupons + bank vouchers + credit card discount.

As competitive marathoner I have 2 different brands. Training is ASICS and my competition is new balance light version. 

Gonna buy Hoka overseas Singapore don’t carry the version I want. It is light and comfort. And also for training wanna try UA Iight version Singapore 

8 hours ago, kidster said:

Which brand of sports shoes do you wear? And why? (Non-SAF Issued)

Where do you buy from?

Wow.. my favorite topic... Nike, Adidas and Timberlands.  Online stores for the latest drops and custom design like Nike's or Timberland's. But then again I am a sneaker collector and use to trade limited editions online. How many are collectors here too? Limited room space so I limti my collection to 56 pairs in my room heh. There are some good youtubers taking about limited editions sneakers. Good place to look for special reviews and hints of new designs dropping that you can buy to keep and sell.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

My favorite brand of sports shoes is Reebok.

About 8 years ago I bought 4 pairs of their "Realflex" running and training shoes of different colors. I have never found more comfortable and versatile shoes.  And I use them all the time.  I don't run much, but they are for the gym, everyday use, and the dark color ones even look elegant for semi-casual use.  I have not used dress shoes for many years, ha ha. 

Edited by Steve5380

A list of stability shoes for active runners recommended by my Podiatrist.

Has anyone tried any of them before? 

New Balance
860, 1260

Brooks
Adrenaline, Addiction

Asics
GT 2000, Kayano

Mizuno
Inspire, Paradox

Saucony
Guide, Hurricane

Non-sports shoes
Rockport /Geox/Ecco

i only have two pairs of sneakers and been using each of them past ten years plus. They are Adidas and Nike and extremely easy for jogging, long walk and gym. Though a little worn out i still love them. Only two years ago i rewarded myself with Quicker sneakers from Hermes and they are extremely comfortable yet good enough for both casual and gym wears.

Edited by heman

On 4/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, kidster said:

A list of stability shoes for active runners recommended by my Podiatrist.

Has anyone tried any of them before? 

New Balance
860, 1260

Brooks
Adrenaline, Addiction

Asics
GT 2000, Kayano

Mizuno
Inspire, Paradox

Saucony
Guide, Hurricane

Non-sports shoes
Rockport /Geox/Ecco

sounds similar to the recommendations that the polyclinic podiatrist gave me too. he highlighted the asics gt2k and kayano and i got the latter cz it was more entry level than kayanos. these stability shoes recommended for people with overpronation

2 hours ago, Zomgzmg said:

sounds similar to the recommendations that the polyclinic podiatrist gave me too. he highlighted the asics gt2k and kayano and i got the latter cz it was more entry level than kayanos. these stability shoes recommended for people with overpronation

Why did you chose Asics gt2k out of the list?

11 minutes ago, kidster said:

Why did you chose Asics gt2k out of the list?

Asics cz they seemed the most science-based on their shoes and how it can help you and gt2k cz it was cheaper than kayano (plus my needs dont require such "powerful" shoes)

On 4/11/2021 at 11:01 PM, Zomgzmg said:

Asics cz they seemed the most science-based on their shoes and how it can help you and gt2k cz it was cheaper than kayano (plus my needs dont require such "powerful" shoes)

Asics GT 2k is nice but as a heavy body jogger, I wonder if there are shoes with more shock absoption thus less stress on the knees and such.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

Nike running shoes with react foam. I have the Nike Epic React 2 and the Nike Infinity Run 1 now. I run almost everyday since CB and these shoes have kept me injury free. I feel that the react foam seems to last longer than the foams in other shoes I tried (New balance, Saucony, Brooks). 

I get these shoes from Nike outlet shops in either IMM or Changi City Point. Usually after discount, they will be less than 100 dollars. 

Sales assistant from Asics shop advises I should get an extra half thumb width spacing at the width as we tend to kick in front when running.

That is around 1 to 1.5 inch size bigger. I'm hearing this for the first time. Is it true?

The GT2k model comes with a gel near to the foot arch. It feels uncomfortable because I can feel the bump protruding when stepping on it. What is the function of the bump? So that my feet will land flat?

Guest Running Gaysha
6 hours ago, kidster said:

Sales assistant from Asics shop advises I should get an extra half thumb width spacing at the width as we tend to kick in front when running.

That is around 1 to 1.5 inch size bigger. I'm hearing this for the first time. Is it true?

The GT2k model comes with a gel near to the foot arch. It feels uncomfortable because I can feel the bump protruding when stepping on it. What is the function of the bump? So that my feet will land flat?

More width, length will increase as well. When your feet kicks to the front with extra length and every step, your longest toes will be crushed forming bruises or blood clots in your toe nails. 

Perfect fit is essential. Too loose, you toes will hit the front and bruise. Too tight, your toes will be crushed with each step and bruise too.

Have you seen those black nails on longest first or second toe of marathon runners?

• 8 months later...

I've been wearing Nike for a long time. For me, this is the most comfortable and high-quality sportswear and shoes from all that I have tried. They are perfect for my basketball training. When I found out that they were going to release something in collaboration with Michael Jordan, I was really waiting for it to appear in stores.   And I didn't wait for nothing. Now my favorite sneakers for training and for daily wear are air jordans at forstepstyle. I buy them at the specified link. I am very satisfied with the comfort and quality.

Edited by meltojanc

I have always had good luck with the brand REEBOK, and they are the only ones I have bought in the last decades.

About 7 years ago I bought six pairs of Reebok Realflex for my bf and me.  Super comfortable, good looking, high quality and inexpensive.  All of them are still around.

To me its usually not brand but comfort. (Designer and your feet are factors .)

More expensive doesn't mean comfortable. Went Changi Nike warehouse shop tried a few series even the newer more expensive ones.

I wear and tried walk jump around. The ones which fit me best is Nike Luna series. 

Must thank the service guy for going the extra mile for his great service. Also because I think he knows I'm looking to buy a pair of shoes and not just window shopping. But he's still good! ~

A few years ago when Nike released the flyknit series, I went crazy and bought several in different colors. To me they are super comfortable and light and great for running and other cardio exercises. 

For other activities, such as running errands or hanging out in a casual spot like a coffee shop, etc., I prefer a more chunky soles type. While Nike has some, the cushioning is nothing compared to Prada's Cloudburst sneakers which are my favorite. Granted there is a huge price difference between the two. 

Love. 

• 4 months later...

I have some knee erosion.  I use Adidas mostly.  I have come to realise quite recently, that certain models do cause a little more discomfort.

I tried Underarmour HOVR Phantom 2 and it felt better for my knees.  Based on the feel, I recently bought the Nike ZoomX Invincible Run Flyknit 2.  Went for a couple runs and seems to have the best result for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, shawn-toh said:

Does gay like to wear Nike TN sneakers? If you wear them, does it gives one a sign that he’s gay?

DB5913-EF-68-A9-470-B-A42-D-A4-F661-BA5-

finally got my pair of Nike TN. Looks ultra sleek and sexy with Sk8erboy socks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.