Male HQ

Buddy Hoagies Review

Guest Derelict

Guest Derelict

I have dined several times at this steak and western joint because of their unbeatable set lunch offer. Soup, garlic bread and drinks come with the mains if you dine weekdays.

Located at Bukit Timah shopping center just a few minutes from Beauty World MRT, the place is laidback with even a piano and sofas to laze around on. Pre covid days, you could help yourself to free flow cold and hot water. But now there's a charge for the refillable glass.

The first time I had the Country Fried Chicken, it was so good that I came back a second time for thet crispy cruchy flavourful fowl. I think they must have changed the cook. It seems that the present chicken lacked marinate and tasted rather bland. The grilled black pepper chicken tasted of charcoal and the thinly laced sauce did nothing to enhance the tasteless meat.

Me and my companions tried some mains over the last couple of visits. The seafood platter was over cooked. Squid was hard as rubber. Ditto for the medium rare sirloin steak. If I can be frank, the metal knife could not cut through.  But the Aglio Olio was good though.

I suppose the two side dishes that came with the mains are the only decent things. The onion rings, baked potato and coleslaw were delicious. So were starters like the mushroom soup and the very crispy garlic toast. I also liked their waffles with rum and raisin ice cream.

The waiters were attentive enough but the cashier was always busy with other things if you approach to make payment. Perhaps they are too shy to take yout money, like they knew the food was not up to par. 

But given that you only pay for mains on weekdays lunch and get FOC drinks, soup and starters, the place is still packing them in.  One Sunday, even if patrons had to add $4 more for the FOC items, we couldm't get a table. Our group headed over to Beauty World Hawker Center. The western food  there was so much better ... and cheaper.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.