Male HQ

CrossFit

Kye737

Honestly haven’t seen a CrossFit tread around, and I’m sure there’re people here that have heard of, or are actively doing CrossFit! So let’s gather and hopefully maybe we could find some common topics to talk about! 

I’ll get the ball rolling! I recently participated in the scaled division of the opens, was my first and got to say was quite an eye opener! Anyone did that too? 

Am not in anyway a pro, but if you’re interested to know more about this sport! Can always reply to this tread and I’ll try to answer to it! 

Cheers boys! 😉 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:13 AM, lifeart said:

Crossfit looks really tough and intimidating.

I assure you it is really accommodating to various levels of fitness! Most movements are scalable! 

Have you personally went thru a class before? 

4 hours ago, Sportychn said:

I am interested but never try before. It does look tough

It’s honestly quite fun! One thing that I particularly like about CrossFit is how it combines cardio with weightlifting (although might sound injury prone) but with the right supervision and technique, it is quite safe. 

I haven’t suffered any serious injuries till date (touch wood), but that’s probably also because I don’t go all out, which a lot of CrossFitters usually do. 

2 hours ago, HornykinkyPhoneSex said:

It is a very cardio intense sport which requires you to put your brain above your ego. The tendency to go heavier and heavier is always there and that’s where injuries take place.

Can’t agree more! This sport is all about training smart! Even though the workouts are mostly short to medium length workouts (5-13 mins), there’re longer ones (30-40 mins) that requires the athlete to pace themselves in order to keep their heart rate manageable! 

52 minutes ago, Kye737 said:

It’s honestly quite fun! One thing that I particularly like about CrossFit is how it combines cardio with weightlifting (although might sound injury prone) but with the right supervision and technique, it is quite safe. 

I haven’t suffered any serious injuries till date (touch wood), but that’s probably also because I don’t go all out, which a lot of CrossFitters usually do. 

Yea thought some quick change in movement with heavy weights can be injury prone. But agree with proper guidance it can still be conducted safely 

• 3 months later...
Guest CrossFit enthusiast

Halo. I’m trying to grow the Cf community because I noticed a lack of information, togetherness and forum to bring everyone together. 
ive started a tele channel to dump everything Cf related. 
hopefully we can learn and progress together as one unit as how it’s intended to be. 
https://t.me/ATCFSG

see ya there! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.