Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

How time flies. It has been 10 years since the Death of Diana. :(

I remember I cried when news of her death was aired on TV (luckily I was at home). :oops:

Prince William & Prince Harry is marking the 10th anniversary of their mother's death with an event to celebrate her life. The concert for Diana on 1st July 2007, which would have been Diana's 46th birthday, will feature performances by the likes of Duran Duran, James Morrison, Sir Elton John, Fergie and many more...

Star World (Channel 18) is airing the whole 6 hours, from 10.00 am - 4.00 pm on 2nd July 2007 (today).

For those who wants to read more about Diana (click here).

• 6 months later...
Another one bites the dust....seems like a lot of people are dying without cause these days :(

dying w/o cause? i guess must be his obesity. someone can look healthy but doesnt mean his arteries did not clog.

save ur chub, ask them lose weight lah. lol

Oh my god! Within 1 week, I lost 2 person I knew. First, the SAF Logistic Officer and now MC King. MC King was my childhood friend but we have not meet up with each other since I left primary school and subsequently, the neighbour. Though I do not feel as sad as I lost my SAF buddy friend, it is still a shock to me!

Goodness!

haha,

Be mindful with your words! It has nothing to do with being chub! They just happen to be chub. I am sure you have read from papers there are mau fit abled body young man who also passed away, apparently, out of a sudden.

Oh my god! Within 1 week, I lost 2 person I knew. First, the SAF Logistic Officer and now MC King. MC King was my childhood friend but we have not meet up with each other since I left primary school and subsequently, the neighbour. Though I do not feel as sad as I lost my SAF buddy friend, it is still a shock to me!

Goodness!

haha,

Be mindful with your words! It has nothing to do with being chub! They just happen to be chub. I am sure you have read from papers there are mau fit abled body young man who also passed away, apparently, out of a sudden.

but still u cant deny obesity could play a factor in his death...he reported shortness of breath.

anyway, never really like him since young. nothing fantastic or big deal about him to me.

TV news said he got no illness.

But i thought some years back, he left TV cos of some illness? :blink:

a fat 'sickless' person doesnt mean he does not have health problem lah.

obesity is a hidden health problem we all know. it affects the heart.

someone can look slim and never sick but can be diagnosed to have high blood pressure and chlolestrol.

let's for once disregard what's the intention of "haha" on this matter.

take a step back and read what he has written, we have quite recent cases of normal and fit folks pass away. so do take care of your health, go for health check, regardless are you fit or not.

to "haha": attitute matters, that's what i wanna say to you, you may think it is a laughing matter, wait till you are the one in it.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Ya...me too. I saw him walking with his mom (seemed like it) cheerfully talking in cantonese in People Park Shopping Center before Xmas. Pity that he chose to go before those who read this thread.

Sad to see this happen.

A friend of mine died on his way to Paris due to short of breath (may be thin air in the plane) two weeks ago.

He is only 33 yrs old and gym fit.

Now he left behind a wife and 3 kids

Life is short.......you won't know what will happen tomorrow.

Hmmmm Just saw him at chinatown Macdonald on Xmas Eve. Life is so unpredictable.... Got to learn to cherish everyone around us...cherish their existence b4 they disappear and burn out like candle in the wind.

oh.. u was there too that nite ar... =)

SLAP U AH! I was wif u tat nite loh...dunno who am i? LOL!

"So well remembered as the character in the TV Channel 8 series Friends Next Door, who was perennially on medical leave (MC), his awarded stage name MC King overshadowed his actual name, Nah QinXi, aka Jimmy Nah.

It was reported that this healthy-looking 40-year-old actor/part-time radio deejay/events host does not smoke; does not drink alcohol; no high blood pressure or high cholesterol; did not have other medical history and was given a clean bill of health in a recently medical checkup.

So, what killed him ?

His fengshui master had analysed his destiny and cautioned him about his heart.

An actor/comedian had commented that he once seen him gasping for air after laughing hysterically and joked with him that it can become fatal.

Other acting colleagues and radio DJ friends have reported that he had not been looking well and displaying an obvious sign of fatigue. He was known to be very stressed up with acting commitments, worried over payment for his house and car as well as worried if his contract with MediaCorp (broadcasting company) will be renewed next month.

He was said to be consuming weight-loss medicine as he was weighing over 80kgs. His previous method was through strict diet such as avoiding oily, starching and sugary food; coupled with exercises which helped him lose about 10kg. However, he was seen eating without any reservation at a recent party which raised the suspicion that he might have switched to using weigh-loss medicine.

It was reported that weight-loss medicine are not suitable for those with heart, liver, kidney or thyroid gland problems; pregnant women as well as those under 18 years or over 65 years old.

As to MC King, we

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no, his last movie will be the coming summer blockbuster -- The Dark Knight ! Hoping that he is just creating an april fool joke for his character as "Joker" in this movie. :(

• 7 months later...

All these 3 post by me.............Not sure if you have this experience before - one of my friends died suddenly, really difficult to accept and reconcile with the fact.

• 9 months later...

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American recording artist, entertainer, and businessman. The seventh child of the Jackson family, he debuted on the professional music scene at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5 and began a solo career in 1971 while still a member of the group. Referred to as the "King of Pop" in subsequent years, five of his solo studio albums are among the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995).

In the early 1980s, he became a dominant figure in popular music and the first African-American entertainer to amass a strong crossover following on MTV. The popularity of his music videos airing on MTV, such as "Beat It", "Billie Jean" and Thriller—credited for transforming the music video into an art form and a promotional tool—helped bring the relatively new channel to fame. Videos such as "Black or White" and "Scream" made Jackson an enduring staple on MTV in the 1990s. With stage performances and music videos, Jackson popularized a number of physically complicated dance techniques, such as the robot and the moonwalk. His distinctive musical sound and vocal style influenced many hip hop, pop and contemporary R&B artists.

On the morning of June 25, 2009, Jackson reportedly collapsed at a home he was renting in west Los Angeles. Paramedics responded to a 911 call at 12:21 pm local time. He reportedly was not breathing at the time that paramedics arrived, and CPR was quickly performed. He fell into a coma and died shortly after being rushed to the UCLA hospital. The cause of death is suspected to be cardiac arrest. Jackson was pronouned dead at 2:26 p.m. At 4:36 pm local time, the Los Angeles coroner confirmed Jackson's death. Although there is no evidence of criminality, Los Angeles Police Department detectives have opened an investigation into his death.

Extracted from Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

----------------

Michael Jackson (MJ) has his taunts and wacko behaviour.

But for me I will remember him for his Thriller casette album and the TV MTVs showing him doing his moonwalk.

MJ was truly Original - deservingly the King of Pops.

I love Michael Jackson till now. I have been an avid fan of his. I like his Dangerous album. That's the first album I bought. Every one has his own idiosyncracies and wackiness. For Michael his was enhanced due to his popularity. Rest in peace Michael. U will always be remembered as The King Of Pop. Love ya.

I'm 36 168 58 sweet and friendly guy looking for oral fun, hangout buddies, badminton buddies, and bf/partner if possible

This came in as a surprise to me.

Yup ! The King of Pop will be remembered.

Michael brought memories back to the 80s when I'm still studying in primary school. During teacher's day celebration in classroom. We will played "thriller" , "beat it " and "Billie Jean". That start my journey into listening to pop music.

Michael will be missed. Salute !

I love Michael Jackson till now. I have been an avid fan of his. I like his Dangerous album. That's the first album I bought. Every one has his own idiosyncracies and wackiness. For Michael his was enhanced due to his popularity. Rest in peace Michael. U will always be remembered as The King Of Pop. Love ya.

I was very sad to hear that the King of Pop passed away. He wil be missed by millions all ove the world. Your distinctive voice lingers in my mind, espescially from the album 'Beat It'. Rest In Peace Michael, I Love you.

He is so young and rich too? How come he suddenly died? I remember when he was interviewed by Martin Bashir in "living with michael Jackson", he told Martin that he didn't want to die and wanted to live forever. That was in front of an expensive eyptian mummy coffin he bought. His death is highly suspicious because he seemed active and healthy. The good thing was, he has lived his dream and life to the fullest before he died.

My forever Michael.

How come when a celebrity dies, so much love pours in and not when he's alive.

This is a world full of pretense.

Not all of his fans are like that. For me, even though with the scandal. I still supported him and believed in him. People might think he's a pervert and weird. To me he is still Michael Jackson, The King of Pop. His actions might not be the best and people do make mistakes in life...sometimes foolishly. However we have to look beyond this on his major contributions to the music industry and the world. Humans are weird sometimes...will only focus on people's negativeness and not the positive ones. I hope that people will remember him as an Icon and how he had helped the millions of people out there.

I'm 36 168 58 sweet and friendly guy looking for oral fun, hangout buddies, badminton buddies, and bf/partner if possible

How come when a celebrity dies, so much love pours in and not when he's alive.

This is a world full of pretense.

It is human nature.

Same for gay relationship.

When you had found a good man, you don't treasure him.

You go round cheating. Until he left and then comes the regrets. Ha ha ...

Not all of his fans are like that. For me, even though with the scandal. I still supported him and believed in him. People might think he's a pervert and weird. To me he is still Michael Jackson, The King of Pop. His actions might not be the best and people do make mistakes in life...sometimes foolishly. However we have to look beyond this on his major contributions to the music industry and the world. Humans are weird sometimes...will only focus on people's negativeness and not the positive ones. I hope that people will remember him as an Icon and how he had helped the millions of people out there.

It must be understood that he didn't have a normal childhood. So that screwed his behavior some how

Class 95FM's Morning Express played the last song, Ben. Remembered this was one of my first songs I heard as a kid and loved it.

He was 13 when he sung it. He might have won America's Got Talent had it existed back then.

For copyright reasons, Youtube don't allow the video to be played in Singapore. Weird.

Oh, I just found this: http://www.wikio.com/video/1310141

Oh, oh...check out this version of Ben by another kid with MJ watching. MUST WATCH! Very very well sung!

Edited by night listener

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.