Male HQ

Gaydar - Clothing Brands

Guest Surfer

Guest Surfer

Just like how certain mannerisms of guys might trigger our gaydar, what are some clothing/fashion brands popular in Singapore today that would trigger our gaydar? i.e What are the brands that once you see a guy wearing that you would immediately suspect he is one of us?

In the past it was New Urban Male.

For jocks and hunks, I would definitely select Abercrombie & Fitch, thanks to their hyper sexualised marketing and branding under their former CEO. Straight guys would go for other brands such as Fred Perry. Tip for the closeted, avoid A&F.

For the younger twinks, I observed that it is Hollisters.

For underwear brands: Andrew Christian and Pump!

What are some other brands that come to your mind?

Guest boiboi

h

43 minutes ago, doncoin said:
  • G2000
  • Zara
  • Hugo Boss
  • CK
  • H&M
  • Uniqlo

Wear any of these brands will definitely picha lobang. Nothing screams gay louder than a Hugo Boss suit. 😅

huh H&M and uniqlo really meh.... quite standard what...

Just now, Guest boiboi said:

h

huh H&M and uniqlo really meh.... quite standard what...

Think of it this way, You're a gay man, do you buy clothes from them? If you do, then must be gay standard lor. 😄

Same assumption that if you fart silently, you must be bottom, or if you poop more than once a day, you must be top. 

Love. 

Guest Radar
29 minutes ago, mate69 said:

crocodile is best

stylish and super "under the radar"

lol

this thread is about what’s on the radar. Lmao.

A&F is on the radar because their marketing strategy uses sex and sexuality.

A cautious straight man who hates being wrongly identified as gay will avoid A&F. That is what my straight friends say.

1 minute ago, Guest Radar said:

this thread is about what’s on the radar. Lmao.

A&F is on the radar because their marketing strategy uses sex and sexuality.

A cautious straight man who hates being wrongly identified as gay will avoid A&F. That is what my straight friends say.

yeah that's very true ^

Guest Cliente

There are so many brands to choose from...Armani Exchange, CK Jeans, Lacoste, Superdry, ADLV, G-Star Raw,  French Connection, Firetrap, Jaspal, Greyhpund, Massimo Dutti, Zara, Pull&Bear, Fred Perry, Dsquared2, Off White, Y-3, Stone Island,  Diesel, Acne Studio, Commes Des Garçon Play, Evisu, Agnes B, Burberry, etc.

I've even seen guys wearing Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton, D&G, Givenchy t-shirts into the saunas.

Guest Belinda Ang

Is it judgemental if I make snide remarks about folks who pile on ostentatious branded items on their own bodies, at conspicuous consumption gone haywire?

Guest Belinda Ang

Like prada bucket hat with obvious front logo plague, burberry shirt with branding emblazoned on sleeves in red, monogrammed fendi track pants, gucci sneakers with big brand name logo, carrying a dior monogrammed saddle bag?

Am I a judgemental prick for casting the side eye and giggling to my friend?

Guest Wallace

Gosh. Yes I like to wear clothings from A&F, those that fit just nice and show my hard earned lean toned body, make guys drool over me. Am I too flamboyant and obvious in hinting people that I am gay even when my mannerisms are not girly when I dress this way?

9 minutes ago, Guest Wallace said:

Gosh. Yes I like to wear clothings from A&F, those that fit just nice and show my hard earned lean toned body, make guys drool over me. Am I too flamboyant and obvious in hinting people that I am gay even when my mannerisms are not girly when I dress this way?

YES

Guest kaypoh
53 minutes ago, Guest Wallace said:

no photo no proof

Guest 犯賤冰冰
2 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

I thought Under Armour replaced A&F as the preferred brand. But their fitting makes gym fit guys look really good.

LOL

Guest Guest
On 4/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, Xiaoxianrou said:

Yes yes many of us would fold up the shorts even though it's already so short. Or fold up the sleeves.

its damn gross

Guest Guest Teehee

Lol with all the brands being mentioned here, it seems like there are no more brands for straight guy to wear.

Without a doubt there are LGBT clothing brands out there but it wont be international brands like alot that are mentioned up here.

Ultimately its the way you dress and portray yourself. Not the clothes.

• 8 months later...

I can't understand why Europeans and Americans are so obsessed with clothes? It is so important for them to be beautiful when they are seen by strangers that it is terrifying. My ancestors honor the traditions according to which modesty adorns a person. It is especially important to be a modest woman. But when we are at home with our relatives, we try to look our best. I often order new clothes online and am very glad that now there is such an opportunity. Usually I order new clothes on Abayas UK and I don't understand why to buy branded expensive things. It seems silly to me.

Edited by sharimiul

On 12/23/2021 at 10:31 AM, sharimiul said:

I can't understand why Europeans and Americans are so obsessed with clothes?

There are 4 seasons in the Northern hemisphere, so there is much more of a need to change your clothes seasonally. I am not saying you have to change everything, but certain things. I.e. In the summer, you pull out your tank tops, sorts, tee-shirts, and sandals as the weather can be a lot warmer. In spring and autumn, while not as cold as winter, you still need a jacket or coat sometimes when you go out as the temperature can drop in the evenings. Obviously in the winter, you have to have your sweaters, boots, coats, etc. 

In Singapore, where it is hot all year round, there is less need for variety. You wear what is comfortable and suited for the weather. 

The other thing about fashion obsession too may also be due to where you live. If you live in a major fashion capital, so to speak, i.e. London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, etc. where there are a lot of creative and fashionistas so to speak, you will naturally spend more time and effort on what you wear when you step out. There was a pretty famous fashion photographer, Bill Cunningham, who goes about New York on his bicycle, capturing people on the streets and they get published in his New York Times column. As Anna WIntour famously said, "We all get dressed for Bill." His photos showed a wide variety of subjects of all sizes and ages, but what they have in common is that they dressed to make a statement. 

Love. 

definitely Prada. almost all non-straight guys i know of loves their long wallet. seldom see straight guys liking prada.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:21 AM, Guest Surfer said:

Just like how certain mannerisms of guys might trigger our gaydar, what are some clothing/fashion brands popular in Singapore today that would trigger our gaydar? i.e What are the brands that once you see a guy wearing that you would immediately suspect he is one of us?

In the past it was New Urban Male.

For jocks and hunks, I would definitely select Abercrombie & Fitch, thanks to their hyper sexualised marketing and branding under their former CEO. Straight guys would go for other brands such as Fred Perry. Tip for the closeted, avoid A&F.

For the younger twinks, I observed that it is Hollisters.

For underwear brands: Andrew Christian and Pump!

What are some other brands that come to your mind?

Underwear brands are hard to dictate if he is a gay or bi or straight.

Brands like GX3, EDGE, TOOT, GMW & Andrew Christian - I have colleagues who are Straight and wearing these brands too

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.