Male HQ

Booster shots is necessary?

begleitung

So many countries around the world finishing their vaccine program, life heading back towards normal, booster shots being planned, only 2nd and 3rd world countries still planning on struggling or doing lockdowns. Hopefully the less advanced nations can catch up with the 1st world soon.

That has caused a problem for the poor countries that need generics, or the slow countries that sat back and watched while all other developed nations ordered in advance.

What's happening in India is sad, but not a reason for any other advanced country to not be between 60% and 100% vaccinated by now.

OK, can't see how that's remotely related to anything that was being discussed.

I assume before December 2019 you were calling for the borders to be shut because it just takes one super spreader with small pocks and everyone dies, or measles, or rubella, or Ebola, or zombies.

If you want to deny science you are welcome to it's your life, but try and do it in a coherent way so the rest of us aren't left sat scratching our heads trying to work out what you've been smoking.

Thank you for doing a 180 and agreeing with me, lets do a double high five, cheer for vaccines and science, and hope that ALL developed countries can hurry up with vaccine distribution so we can then help those less fortunate countries and all go back to a normal life where we can cross borders, get home, pack, and move.

#doublehighfivewithcheer

It's amazing news that the US and big pharma is giving up the patent. Just like you said, we aren't safe until we are all safe.

How we got here I think will always be an element of guess work, it could have been anyone one of the emergent virus' that have come about over the years. I don't think anyone predicted a year of netflix and sheltering at home when it happened though hahaha.

I'm so glad I have gym access again, I've lost five kg of lockdown weight in two months

It's like nearly all vaccines, they need a booster at some point, be it 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, think of tetanus or hep b, you doc just tests your response and gives a booster if needed.

Currently as we're still learning about this virus it might not need a booster, but if it does, then you need more vaccine stock.

If I was in my real home I have a full gym set up there in my apartment, but as I can't get there due to closed borders I didn't go to the expense of setting up a second home gym. I can get my shape back quick enough though, it's the loss of strength that frustrates me, dropping from nearly 40kg dumbbells' to mid 20's in four months of inactivity, I'll get it back though, just takes time and motivation

Not sure if booster shot is the correct term. Booster is the same mRNA coding that goes into you due to antibodies getting lesser over time. If the virus keeps mutating, it will be more like the annual flu shot that contains different vaccine inside.

Yesterday biontech announced they will set up factory in Singapore and employ 80 workers to create covid vaccine. Not sure why this is so, unless they see covid lasting many years cos factory also need time to build and assemble the plant.

Biontech is not the first one. Sanofi, a French multinational pharmaceutical company said on April 12 that it will be investing €400 million (about S$638 million) over the next five years to create a fully digital vaccine production facility in Singapore capable of manufacturing several vaccine types simultaneously. 

48 minutes ago, keyboard said:

Not sure if booster shot is the correct term. Booster is the same mRNA coding that goes into you due to antibodies getting lesser over time. If the virus keeps mutating, it will be more like the annual flu shot that contains different vaccine inside.

Yesterday biontech announced they will set up factory in Singapore and employ 80 workers to create covid vaccine. Not sure why this is so, unless they see covid lasting many years cos factory also need time to build and assemble the plant.

80 sounds very few, unless they are so hi tech etc?

30 minutes ago, keyboard said:

High-end manufacturing jobs for everyone woohooo! Vaccine boosters are going to be a part of our lives for a while - remember how we used to get yearly flu shots?

45 minutes ago, begleitung said:

SG definitely go for hi-tech

33 minutes ago, TopChinese said:

High-end manufacturing jobs for everyone woohooo! Vaccine boosters are going to be a part of our lives for a while - remember how we used to get yearly flu shots?

Yes,  for EVERYONE who have the skill and expertise in the related field. 

Edited by Healing Therapy

6 hours ago, begleitung said:

Make Maggie mee also no need a lot of people. All automation liao.

Just need few people to press some buttons. 

6 hours ago, TopChinese said:

High-end means no need a lot of people and also not THAT highly paid unless R&D bah. Plus like we also don't have the brains to create here locally. The last I could think of is hyflux? And their designation will still be called factory worker? Haha

17 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Be careful, you might get warned for being off topic.

how many is Pfizer‘s new venture hiring?

Me? Still in topic mah, no?

Pfizer got opening here too, so many news also hard to keep up with this covid thing. Pattern more than badminton.

You never keep track of the news. 

Announced on 15 Apr 2021. MOH also released saying 18 mths.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role," 

I didn't hear about Pfizer setting up shop here leh. But covid news so many so fast, also lost track. Maybe like SARS or MERS just disappear suddenly. Even that Africa that time got endemic (is it ebola) also suddenly no news.

If you look and believe the china research on covid patients, they are also reporting 6mths at min.

Endemic and pandemic is just location. Like china also now basically no covid. Labour Day holiday so many people travel all over the country and they don't even vaccinate.

3 hours ago, begleitung said:

No, endemic and pandemic refer to different scales. 

i won‘t trust anything coming from that certain big country. If we could, we would not be having this discussion. 

U mean China?  Ha... Can lah,  just add a zero behind,  when they say 100 it means 1000, 90,000 means 900,000.

The whole world is suffering now because of china with the help of WHO or Wuhan Health Organisation. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Plot deepens a lot more. Somehow Fauci and US was involved and funded this 'Gain of function lab research' if it is true this virus was developed in a lab and accidentally let loose. Men playing God and still doing it. Dubious what these vaccines and changes to how many shots and how this situation gets prolong. Also 3rd injection? Or a 3rd needed to counter something coming about from the first two shots? There are a lot of suppressing of information happening. I am treating my body like a temple.. I am reading into this all cautiously moving forward. But that is just me.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

We have the privilege that it's currently not widespread here, thus vaccination is still an option. Today news say Mexicans are doing vaccine tourism to the US already as it's not available for the folks that want it in Mexico. We should also do the same for our certain stockpile and I think there are people here who would prefer a non-amdk brand.

White people big shot

'AMDK' stands for 'ang moh dua kee,' which roughly translates to 'White people big shot. ' It refers to perceived Western superiority, and alleges that Singaporeans get criticised for seemingly banal things that Caucasians conversely attract praise for.