Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

Guest Sianz

Singapore to cut social gathering size to 5 people amid rising Covid-19 cases; effective May 8-30

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-to-cut-social-gathering-size-from-8-to-5-amid-rising-covid-19-case

Gyms and other higher-risk settings to be closed; size limits on large events tightened

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/gyms-and-other-higher-risk-settings-to-be-closed-size-limits-on-large-events

CNA BREAKING NEWS:

SINGAPORE DOES NOT RULE OUT CIRCUIT BREAKER  AGAIN IF COMMUNITY CASES KEEP RISING

SINGAPOREANS ARE URGED TO SCALE BACK INTERACTION & STAY HOME AS MUCH AS EVEN FROM 8TH MAY ONWARDS

SINGAPORE TIGHTENS COVID-19 MEASURES FROM 08TH - 30TH MAY AMID COMMUNITY CLUSTERS

NEW MEAUSRES FROM 08 - 30 MAY RETURNS SINGAPORE TO PHASE 2 EFFECTIVELY

SIZE OF GATHERINGS ALLOWED REDUCED FROM 08 PAX TO 05PAXS ONLY  IN SINGAPORE

Not surprised at all,  would be surprise if we dont get a CB 2.0.

From day one,  i dont believe they can handle well. While the border with JB are closed but our door are still open very big, from last september,  everyday there are tons of imported cases, coming to visit family or coming to treat covid? What job cannot wait that we must let them come in now? What sporting event is so important that we need to  let them come in? Did we really detect each and everyone of them since PRC test are not 100% accurate. Even if we do,  they are still a burden on our medical resources and especially those doctors and nurses. I hope we are making them to pay full medical cost without any subsidies.

Incapable team combine with complacency from the people. Who still wear mask in gym? You can easily see tons of people mostly the elderly not wearing mask at all or exposing their fucking nose to the whole world. . No more social distancing as there are no more social ambassador around,  that is the mentality for many. 

Lets pray in our respective religion,  we need lots of good luck.  

Guest Regrets?

It a shame the government was so slow to order vaccine that they couldn't get enough, much easier to spread fake news about vaccine and sit back not doing it. 

Guest cluster origin

The irony of the rise of covid infections in Singapore is that the cluster started in a hospital.

but we will never learn what went wrong...

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Guest cluster origin said:

The irony of the rise of covid infections in Singapore is that the cluster started in a hospital.

but we will never learn what went wrong...

Never know what went wrong because the Dictatorship will never tell, can't trust the people with information.

Guest TWood
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not surprised at all,  would be surprise if we dont get a CB 2.0.

From day one,  i dont believe they can handle well. While the border with JB are closed but our door are still open very big, from last september,  everyday there are tons of imported cases, coming to visit family or coming to treat covid? What job cannot wait that we must let them come in now? What sporting event is so important that we need to  let them come in? Did we really detect each and everyone of them since PRC test are not 100% accurate. Even if we do,  they are still a burden on our medical resources and especially those doctors and nurses. I hope we are making them to pay full medical cost without any subsidies.

Incapable team combine with complacency from the people. Who still wear mask in gym? You can easily see tons of people mostly the elderly not wearing mask at all or exposing their fucking nose to the whole world. . No more social distancing as there are no more social ambassador around,  that is the mentality for many. 

Lets pray in our respective religion,  we need lots of good luck.  

Choy ! Touch wood better not CB 2. Must open border lor cos SG is export reliant and needs foreign workers too.. We dun have a big hinterland unlike HK-China or Malaysia. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/unlike-large-resource-rich-countries-singapore-cannot-afford-to-close-its-borders

22 minutes ago, mate69 said:

Actually, what was Phase 1 like?

Did we even have Phase 1?

Phase 1 is not the same as the CB, right?

Phase 1, no dine in, must tabao. Cinemas also not opened.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phase+1+circuit+breaker&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&hl=en&prmd=isnv&sxsrf=ALeKk0162hNavB1hUKXAct1XBxo8AoAvsw:1620141761072&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6yZ2xqrDwAhUjhuYKHUR8DtcQ_AUIFigB&cshid=1620141844876&biw=712&bih=1138&dpr=2.25#imgrc=oziefTwtzzLPWM

If CB2.0 comes, I wont be surprise. As much as we manage to "control" our infection, its still very leaky... a little bit like filter paper.

And we cant close our country off. Our economy depends on being open, multiracial, metropolitan with stable government. 

So, either we supplement our workforce with foreigners or everyone of us get married and churn out like five babies per family and when they grow up participate in the economy.

Guest Huh
4 hours ago, mate69 said:

Actually, what was Phase 1 like?

Did we even have Phase 1?

Phase 1 is not the same as the CB, right?

You sleeping in 2020??

I am so sorry to hear these news.  

It seems that Singapore is moving in opposite direction to America.

These days gyms here are fully open, and I am one of the fewer ones who wear a mask there.

Social gathering size cut to 5 people!!   Well... at lest this still leaves the opportunity for very nice threesomes. :) 

4 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Looks like the bubble to HK has burst  again

This thing seem like a jinx, the last round was 1 day before,  HK infection surge.

It also serve as a reminder for us,  dont dream of traveling this year,  if can go JB very good already.

Guest Candice Swanpoel

What will happen to swimming pools now? I have not swam since phase 1 and thinking of going back to swim recently. Now it seems will be restrictive to swim again.

I always wear a mask while at the gym. I have become so proficient at it, that I do not even feel wozzy or out of breath.

And get this, once I started wearing masks at the gym, I never fell ill or got mild flu-like symptoms like stuffy or runny nose.

The mask helped protect me from the cold aircon air or for whatever reason.

Masks work.

Sanitaizing your hands often, that works too. 

What I fail to understand is: why focus on gyms when not a single infection was detected at fitness centres?

I understand it is a precaution, then what about other establishments?

Malls, bars, cafes, beauty salons, stores etc ect.

What makes them immune to infection?

Why single out on gyms?

Why not do a blanket closure if you are truly concerned and want to nip this at the bud? 

It does not make sense to me. 

Just like the government allowing these foreigners to continue to come in all these months, I knew the breach would be imminent. 

Even if you use your kneecaps to think, the inevitable conclusion will still come to you.

4G is a failure.  

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I know some friends are hoping CB will be back!

Yeah, CB days saw empty train rides. Heavenly. 

These days, the MRT trains are still packed. Most commuters are no longer concerned about social distancing. I gently reminded a few fellow passengers to spread out and not congregate and verbal altercations ensued. They were standing so close to me.

I refused to stay and bicker so I walked away to find a quieter and emptier spot. 

No point arguing with them.

"Australia, Brunei, mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao."

These countries will only need to serve 14 SHN instead of 21 days.

See, you shouldn't do that. Everyone should be quarantined for 21 days.

Have they not learnt from their mistake?

This virus mutates and travels fast. You cannot be sure these 7 countries have not been breached. 

4G failure again.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

This thing seem like a jinx, the last round was 1 day before,  HK infection surge.

It also serve as a reminder for us,  dont dream of traveling this year,  if can go JB very good already.

Yeah, but honestly I dun really care, cos dun intend to visit boring HK, though some of the guys there are hot.

I will be interested in TW travel bubble though.

Guest Yikes
45 minutes ago, superflawless said:

And get this, once I started wearing masks at the gym, I never fell ill or got mild flu-like symptoms like stuffy or runny nose.

Masks work.

Gym aircon air is very dirty! All the viruses, bacteria and germs from respiration, pespiration saliva and bodily secretions regurgitated ad nauseam within a closed system. I wonder if they ever clean their aircon filters.

49 minutes ago, superflawless said:

Have they not learnt from their mistake?

This virus mutates and travels fast. You cannot be sure these 7 countries have not been breached. 

4G failure again.

How to leant from mistake when they dont even think they are making mistakes?

I m not sure if those rich tycoons in india,  can they fly to say dubai,  stay there for 14 days and then take a flight to SG.

Guest Shakalaka
4 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

How to leant from mistake when they dont even think they are making mistakes?

I m not sure if those rich tycoons in india,  can they fly to say dubai,  stay there for 14 days and then take a flight to SG.

Rich tycoons?!  come come they and their rupees 

Guest Shakalaka
6 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Looks like the bubble to HK has burst  again

Every time they bring up travel bubble with HK, something serious sure happens.  Sway mouths !! 

Guest kaypoh
2 hours ago, superflawless said:

It is worse than you think.

From Aust, Brunei, NZ, TW, CN --> only need to have negative test on arrival.  There is no SHN requirement.

2 hours ago, superflawless said:

I always wear a mask while at the gym. I have become so proficient at it, that I do not even feel wozzy or out of breath.

Masks work.

Sanitaizing your hands often, that works too. 

What I fail to understand is: why focus on gyms when not a single infection was detected at fitness centres?

I understand it is a precaution, then what about other establishments?

Malls, bars, cafes, beauty salons, stores etc ect.

What makes them immune to infection?

Why single out on gyms?

Why not do a blanket closure if you are truly concerned and want to nip this at the bud? 

It does not make sense to me. 

Just like the government allowing these foreigners to continue to come in all these months, I knew the breach would be imminent. 

Even if you use your kneecaps to think, the inevitable conclusion will still come to you.

4G is a failure.  

They call themselves elites or whatever ?  But how their brains function are rather doubtful

1 hour ago, Guest Shakalaka said:

Rich tycoons?!  come come they and their rupees 

The smart aleck said, once a person flew to another place n stayed there for a while then proceed to sinkieland is quite safe !

Edited by jlone

1 minute ago, jlone said:

But everyday still can have flights with travelers from India landing 🛬 @ Changi 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tomorrow 6 flights!! OMG 😱 
• IX988
• IX688
• SQ105 Codeshare Air India AI7243
• BR225 Codeshare Air India AI7057
• IX682
• AI346

https://www.changiairport.com/en/flights/arrivals.html#?status=arrival&date=tomorrow&terminal=all&time=all

look people.. just follow the news religiously, don't break the rules, be obessed in wearing ur face masks (disposable mask) have to be changed every 4hrs.. reuseable face masks, please change daily. And have it washed. bring a bottle of hand sanitizers everywhere u go. wash ur hands regularly, changed ur clothes daily, be obessed with ur own personal hygiene & health. not feeling well, go to a gp, stay at home, self quarantine. please, its extremely impt everyone follows the game plan. if not we could face cb 2.0 till end of the yr.

the govt did admitted the fact that there's a "patient zero" whom might have slipped thru the net.. and this person ( male / female) is going around whether symptomatic or not.. this person could have visited TTSH (thus the cluster) and this person have been going thru the malls and whatever nots.. so u dunnoe who is infected around u.. treat anyone & everyone u know as a positive patient mindset.

u know the train cabin is crowded.. move to another one or wait for the next trip. since 08th onwards CB 2.0 is back.. office workers, please kindly work from home. stocked up what is necessary, dun go chiong the supermarkets, raid the shelves for maggi mee, mineral water & toilet rolls like the previous times.. avoid going to crowded malls, etc. 

Edited by single42

Guest Salary Worker

Can any company survive another round of CB? Will business be affected? More retrenchment coming? Any news update from your company with regards to this new tight measurements again?

Although boss said no retrenchment and only tight manpower. But I have to prepare for the worst. I might be 2nd or third inline to be layoff incase it takes a worst turn. If only I am not a salary worker that have to be at the mercy of others. 

Sometimes I feel that being me right now is good. I dont have children or spouse or family to raise. Just parents to take care only. Imagine my colleague who has family to raise. He said he will jump off from the building jokingly. I only managed to give a small half open smile. With or without family to raise, losing a job still quite a stress. 

Maybe this is part and parcel of life. But still I cant help to lament, What do you want from us God? Isn't it enough already? You create us and give us all these tests. What do you want to test us? I want to throw the white flag. I admit I failed in this life and all the tests. I don't want to take anymore.  Can I surrender now? I feel that no need to fight anymore or prove anything, I am so at ease. Free. No stress. 

Guest Goulash which is Very Posh
1 hour ago, Guest Salary Worker said:

Can any company survive another round of CB? Will business be affected? More retrenchment coming? Any news update from your company with regards to this new tight measurements again?

Although boss said no retrenchment and only tight manpower. But I have to prepare for the worst. I might be 2nd or third inline to be layoff incase it takes a worst turn. If only I am not a salary worker that have to be at the mercy of others. 

Sometimes I feel that being me right now is good. I dont have children or spouse or family to raise. Just parents to take care only. Imagine my colleague who has family to raise. He said he will jump off from the building jokingly. I only managed to give a small half open smile. With or without family to raise, losing a job still quite a stress. 

Maybe this is part and parcel of life. But still I cant help to lament, What do you want from us God? Isn't it enough already? You create us and give us all these tests. What do you want to test us? I want to throw the white flag. I admit I failed in this life and all the tests. I don't want to take anymore.  Can I surrender now? I feel that no need to fight anymore or prove anything, I am so at ease. Free. No stress. 

Yeah, the situation is real stressful for many... 

Guest Good Wishes
1 hour ago, Guest Salary Worker said:

Kinda move reading this post.  While reality is hard, the only thing is to pray that all will be well.   Hope there is always light at the end of the tunnel.  Hope when one door is closed, another shall open with better opportunities.

Love your last paragraph.  Love the word 'surrender'.  Guess, all we can do is to keep on praying.   Thank you for sharing.

Guest CB2

I hope one day the Chinese in Singapore will be less racist.

Time alone in CB, or putting the naughty petulant child in the corner for a time out.

8 hours ago, Guest Yikes said:

Gym aircon air is very dirty! All the viruses, bacteria and germs from respiration, pespiration saliva and bodily secretions regurgitated ad nauseam within a closed system. I wonder if they ever clean their aircon filters.

8 hours ago, Guest Yikes said:

The air in gym often stinks, is dank and musty,  filled with BO. Outdoor exercise better.

You are more conscious than Americans,  and here gyms have gone into lengths to improve their air filtering and circulation.  In reality, it does not matter the stinking, the body odors.  What matters is the absence of aerosol droplets that can carry the virus.  There are some positives to the gym environment, like most of the participants are strong, healthy individuals, not those with much pre-existing conditions, old (with exceptions), diseased.  And also some negatives: after heavy exercise people have to breathe very strong, and this is a reason many don't use or take off their masks and project their breaths far out.

Maybe it is time again to find the best and most practical exercises to do at home.

5 hours ago, Guest Hip Hip Hooray!!! said:

I am going to stock up books and foods in preparation for the next round of circuit breaker.

Good idea.  To stock up good non-perishables like bags of lentils and beans, miscellaneous canned vegetables, and if having a larger freezer, plenty of frozen vegetables. And for protein, some big containers of whey protein if it is not too expensive.

Guest not correct
4 hours ago, Guest HUNG said:

Please tell the Chinese guy at Facebook not all darker skin guys are Indian. 

The guys on the video are Bangladeshi, not Indians! The timing matches with the flight arrival from Dhaka to Singapore Bangla Biman BBC84 Airlines at 2:25pm in Singapore. 

The time can be read as 2.53pm (14:53) on the clock at the Changi signboard in the video. 

Check yourself. 

Guest Hung could have verified first before posting inaccurate things here

There is or was no flight from India arriving between 1.45pm to 3pm at Changi on 4 or 5 May 2021. 

Be smarter if you try to pinpoint!

Learn the world first before you post hate filled things. 

You people complain British or American people attack Asian and call all Asians Chinese, but you don't behave any better! 

Guest Empty Space

I have 1 empty room in my 3 room HDB.  I plan to convert it into an exercise room by installing pull up and sit up bar and do yoga there.  Now everywhere is not safe, including gym.  Want to cruise, there are better place to cruise from the internet.   I hope I didn't miss anything.

8 hours ago, Guest not correct said:

Please tell the Chinese guy at Facebook not all darker skin guys are Indian. 

The guys on the video are Bangladeshi, not Indians! The timing matches with the flight arrival from Dhaka to Singapore Bangla Biman BBC84 Airlines at 2:25pm in Singapore. 

The time can be read as 2.53pm (14:53) on the clock at the Changi signboard in the video. 

Check yourself. 

Guest Hung could have verified first before posting inaccurate things here

There is or was no flight from India arriving between 1.45pm to 3pm at Changi on 4 or 5 May 2021. 

Be smarter if you try to pinpoint!

Learn the world first before you post hate filled things. 

You people complain British or American people attack Asian and call all Asians Chinese, but you don't behave any better! 

Why does the person on FB needs to be told that? I didn't hear anything mentioned by the person talking in the video about race.  If I'm not mistaken the one who mentioned 'indian' was a poster here in BW.  

You can tell the videoer is of  Chinese descent, even when the video didn't show him? That's like claiming someone is white English cos he speaks speak English.

Lastly, passengers exiting a plane from Bangladesh, need NOT always be a Bangladeshi.  I can't tell what their nationalities are from their visual image.  

Edited by FattChoy

41 minutes ago, Guest Empty Space said:

I have 1 empty room in my 3 room HDB.  I plan to convert it into an exercise room by installing pull up and sit up bar and do yoga there.  Now everywhere is not safe, including gym.  Want to cruise, there are better place to cruise from the internet.   I hope I didn't miss anything.

Of course you'll miss a lot. Don't kid yourself. That's part of the consequences of staying in your room.  

• G_M changed the title to Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.