Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Sengkang hospital kenna, 3rd hospital now?

He is just a staff there, probably kena elsewhere but if he spread to others and form a cluster, then is a problem. He kena the indian variant same as those in airport, a lot of them already vaccinated months ago, looks like vaccine not so effective for the indian variant.

The cases are scattered all over the place now, even if they are linked. We can expect more clusters and pockets to surface.

Regardless of whether u r Sg, PR or whatever pass holder, if u choose to leave Sg during the pandemic, u don't come back until the pandemic is over. That is the msg that should be drllled into everyone who works or lives here. 

Edited by gc0805

32 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

He is just a staff there, probably kena elsewhere but if he spread to others and form a cluster, then is a problem. He kena the indian variant same as those in airport, a lot of them already vaccinated months ago, looks like vaccine not so effective for the indian variant.

Unfortunately, it's too early to tell. Claims by Indian scientists, Israeli Drs and Pfizer spokesman that Pfizer is nearly as effective against the Indian strain is really too optimistic imho. That said, the vaccine is still very effective in preventing severe disease. And this should not deter us from getting vaccinated.

A more objective take on the efficacy of Pfizer against the Indian strain can be found here:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01274-7

Edited by gc0805

Guest Guest
27 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Vaccinated and full blown symptoms, next week will see how many more cases might spring from there.

28 minutes ago, gc0805 said:

The cases are scattered all over the place now, even if they are linked. We can expect more clusters and pockets to surface.

Regardless of whether u r Sg, PR or whatever pass holder, if u choose to leave Sg during the pandemic, u don't come back until the pandemic is over. That is the msg that should be drllled into everyone who works or lives here. 

If law makers dun make it so, u think anyone will automatically bother?

20 minutes ago, mate69 said:

Sigh

Dejavu

Deja Wu(han), CB 2 coming soon.

6 hours ago, Neh Neh said:

Very scary this indian tripple mutated Covid-19. The sg news does not stress how bad situation in Malaysia now facing the indian covid-19. Better stay at home safer, dont go to crowded place or cruisy place.

I myself dont believe in sg news. Whitewashing.

10 hours ago, gc0805 said:

Everyday also got import cases, i dont think they really care.

2 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

I myself dont believe in sg news. Whitewashing.

When they start manufacturing Ashley Wus and Ashley Lius, you’ll understand their pathetic state today.

Guest X-Force

Deadly coronavirus strain in France slipped through testing net, says study

A variant of the coronavirus that caused a deadly outbreak in France can evade standard tests, detectable only deep in the lungs, according to a new study.

In a paper published on the preprint service medRxiv.org on Monday, researchers in western France said that only 15 per cent of patients in their study who had the B.1.616 variant tested positive in standard nasopharyngeal swabs, versus the 97 per cent hit rate for other variants circulating in France. And nearly half of the patients died in less than a month, a much higher rate than the 16 per cent mortality among other hospitalised Covid-19 patients.

The World Health Organization has classified the French variant as a “variant under investigation” and called for more studies to assess its threats.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3133103/deadly-covid-19-strain-france-slips-through-testing-net-study

Guest any connections
17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Sengkang hospital kenna, 3rd hospital now?

24 new Covid-19 community cases, including 17 linked to Changi Airport cluster

The Straits Times Published 13 May 2021

In a Facebook post on Thursday, it said the NTFGH operating theatre technician was confirmed positive for rhinovirus after being tested for other common viruses which cause acute respiratory illness.

The sole unlinked case is another hospital worker - this time at Sengkang General Hospital.

He is a 33-year-old operating theatre nurse who had received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. He has preliminarily tested positive for the B1617 variant of the virus first identified in India.

=========

both "theater technicians....??? do they know each other? are they gay?

🤔

Guest where the link
17 hours ago, gc0805 said:

There are not scattered.

The problem is the people don't act appropriate. Same like with locals last time having a cold or flu. They still go office.

But this time it is Covid-19.

2/3 of the new cases did not even visit a clinic , most only when it was too late, meaning after they infected more people on the way.

This is the danger.

You have cold symptoms, problems breathing, headache, loss of taste, stay at home separated from others, go to doctor next day and get tested or go to a test centre directly and not only one week later.  Still needs 24 - 48 hrs to get the test result from a PCR test.

Read the cases, they meet for iftar dinners, go shopping, carry the virus from East to West, North to South.

The people are still too negligent!

The biggest surprise to me is this Tan Tock Seng cluster. How can someone working in a hospital infect 20 over people inside the hospital? There must have been a serious lapse in the PPE equipment while this lady was doing her work.

All workers at hospitals should be with the protection gear even if cleaning at night time or no people around.

But from my assumption, most infections happened outside the hospital but brought into from these infected workers.

Guest Dun Assume
2 hours ago, Guest where the link said:

Read the cases, they meet for iftar dinners, go shopping, carry the virus from East to West, North to South.

But from my assumption, most infections happened outside the hospital but brought into from these infected workers.

It is good to share your feeling but please, do not allow yourself to insinuate on sensitive words.  You chose a good nick 'where the link' .. so where is the link on the iftar dinners that made the infected 'carry the virus from East to West, North to South?  Where is the link to your assumption with 'most infections happened outside the hospital but brought from these infected workers.

Please do not add more fear unless you have solid proven and linked assumptions.

Guest Germophobe
14 minutes ago, kidster said:

Do you guys sanitize you phone, wallet, keys and bag when you reach home?

Will the wallet and bag get spoil easily?

I do, next time switching to vinyl wallet , not gonna use leather any more. Also stop wearing watch cos too troublesome to sanitise all the time.

SG is not so bad off.  

In America there used to be as many daily new cases as the total cases in SG.  Now this is declining.  Thanks to vaccination.

The Pfizer vaccine is now authorized in America for teens 12-15 y.o.  and soon everybody will qualify.

The mRNA vaccines seem to be amazingly effective.  A small country like yours would seem to be able to pay for 10 million doses of these vaccines to protect the whole population.

Just saw this from Opposition FB PAGE:

Ivan Lim According to news reports, today, three Chinese working in India returned to China from India via Nepal. When they arrived in Chongqing, the initial test was negative, but the doctor still had doubts. So they performed a CT scan and found their The lungs are diseased and it is diagnosed as a triple variant virus of India, which proves that this super variant virus of India can evade the current test, and most of the barriers are just ordinary tests, and Hong Kong and most countries , It will not force immigrants to undergo a CT scan, nor do they have enough time and resources to do it. If the estimate is correct, I believe that the fifth wave of super virus outbreak will soon appear in Hong Kong and around the world!
Message from Singapore:

The virus is back.
This time I have stronger energy,
Tactics and camouflage.
The infected person does not cough and does not have a fever.
*This time the symptoms are joint pain, weakness, and loss of appetite. *
The mortality rate is higher and the time to criticality is shorter.
Sometimes there are no symptoms...
be careful...!

The virus strain does not hide in our nasopharyngeal area!
Therefore, there are no more prodromal symptoms such as loss of smell or taste. It directly attacks the lungs and shortens the onset time.

Many patients who don’t have a fever,
But X-ray examination showed moderate thoracic pneumonia!
Nasal mucosal screening test often shows negative for COVID19!
More and more false throat and nasal cavity examination results.

(COVID19) This means that the virus spreads directly to the lungs, causing acute respiratory distress (hypoxia) due to viral pneumonia!
This explains why it has become so much more acute and deadly!

The fever may have become severe.

Please note: 
Avoid going to crowded places,
Keep social distancing,
Put on a mask,
Wash your hands often with hand soap or soap.
This epidemic is more deadly than the previous wave, and we must be cautious.
Don't be negligent!

Guest where the link
2 hours ago, Guest Dun Assume said:

It is good to share your feeling but please, do not allow yourself to insinuate on sensitive words.  You chose a good nick 'where the link' .. so where is the link on the iftar dinners that made the infected 'carry the virus from East to West, North to South?  Where is the link to your assumption with 'most infections happened outside the hospital but brought from these infected workers.

Please do not add more fear unless you have solid proven and linked assumptions.

I wrote in my above post it is my personal assumption in my last sentence. 

Why asking for the link?

This makes it very clear it was my personal assumption and nothing else. 

If you can't read or understand what you read then it's your own problem. 

Here what I wrote:

5 hours ago, Guest where the link said:

During Ramadan it is quite conclusive for Malay people to break fast in a joint dinner. 

The newspapers wrote it, go check yourself. 

BTW: It was one SINGLE dinner, where the spread started. You can go to the biggest newspaper in Singapore, they provide a full report on the clusters. You will see there, the people stay all over Singapore (East, West, North, South).

Surely, my intention never was to blame any people with a certain religion or anything. Why should I do that. 

Same as I don't blame any Singaporeans or PRs who return to Singapore from India. It's very human to go back to a safe shore. 

It is you who is placing more into my words as what I wrote. 

If such things make you so agitated and fearful, then better don't open BW!

To me it looks like this Stay Home Notice doesn't really work. 

We wouldn't have community infections with the new India mutant if the Stay Home Notice had  been sufficiently effective. 

The Gov must rethink the airport arrival handling and quarantine. 

It seems there are loopholes. 

It seems bad. Yesterday night’s reporting stats were bad.

The TTSH cluster should be able to be contained, but now comes Changi Airport cluster. 

And if you look at places visited by those who are infectious, its practically everywhere.

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

SG is not so bad off.  

In America there used to be as many daily new cases as the total cases in SG.  Now this is declining.  Thanks to vaccination.

The Pfizer vaccine is now authorized in America for teens 12-15 y.o.  and soon everybody will qualify.

The mRNA vaccines seem to be amazingly effective.  A small country like yours would seem to be able to pay for 10 million doses of these vaccines to protect the whole population.

Good luck if B1617 spreads in US, esp now vaccinated can no wear masks. How do u know who is really vaccinated or simply anti-maskers?

Guest Guest
20 minutes ago, Guest Bad said:

It seems bad. Yesterday night’s reporting stats were bad.

The TTSH cluster should be able to be contained, but now comes Changi Airport cluster. 

And if you look at places visited by those who are infectious, its practically everywhere.

Now is school cluster, so far VJC, YCK Primary, Kong Hwa school kenna.

If u see the maid crowd at PLQ yesterday…

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Guest SHN said:

To me it looks like this Stay Home Notice doesn't really work. 

We wouldn't have community infections with the new India mutant if the Stay Home Notice had  been sufficiently effective. 

The Gov must rethink the airport arrival handling and quarantine. 

It seems there are loopholes. 

Now rethink too late liao, with this virus and it’s variants we are always a step behind cos we only see and manage the effects weeks after, not dealing with it at its cause. those idiots will say is swiss cheese pandemic handling, but never realise their cheese holes bigger than their underwear holes.

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20210514-1146537

Bothe ikea tampines and alexander got covid patient visited. All shopping centre should be closed or limit the the number of shopper allow inside. 

Remember SG is a tiny nation and with this indian variant that can spread quickly,  is about time for a CB, though nobody want it. Only a CB can stop people from "chion-ing" shopping centre and ikea. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Now rethink too late liao, with this virus and it’s variants we are always a step behind cos we only see and manage the effects weeks after, not dealing with it at its cause. those idiots will say is swiss cheese pandemic handling, but never realise their cheese holes bigger than their underwear holes.

Well,  from the start,  i have call them a one step behind team, dont keep saying sporean are complacent,  the team are too. 

Guest Try and see

Vaccination pace is too slow in SG.

Look at Israel and the UK - the majority of their population are vaccinated, and the infection rates are so low now. In Israel, they don't even need to wear masks in public anymore.

And here in Singapore, we haven't even started for those below 45.

Guest Horny Baby
2 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Look at Israel and the UK - the majority of their population are vaccinated, and the infection rates are so low now. In Israel, they don't even need to wear masks in public anymore.

Better than here Malaysia ah haha..we here really gg d

Guest Guest
29 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Now is school cluster, so far VJC, YCK Primary, Kong Hwa school kenna.

And in addition, St Stephen School and St Andrew’s Junior.

8 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

USA also can remove mask in public except for hospital and public transport.

Not sure if this is a good plan as vaccinated still can get infected especially these people like to kiss kiss. . Now i understand why some say covid will last for 5 - 10 years.  But then dont worry,  SG will be the last country in the world to remove mask.

Edited by lonelyglobe

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Good luck if B1617 spreads in US, esp now vaccinated can no wear masks. How do u know who is really vaccinated or simply anti-maskers?

It seems that it has been proven that the US approved vaccines are effective against the B1617 variant. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/usapproved-vaccines-effective-against-b1617-variant-of-covid-19-official-101620862824820.html

Now the simplest proof of vaccination we have is the little card we get from the vaccine provider listing the two (or one?) shots, with date and batch number.  Apparently this provider submits the information to a central data base that can be consulted.

Guest Guest
18 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Well,  from the start,  i have call them a one step behind team, dont keep saying sporean are complacent,  the team are too. 

TBH we are also getting complacent, possibly fatigue. Nowadays a walk to mrt will see 10 - 20 mask under chin or completely no wear mask. On trains and buses so many pull down masks after boarding, my area have 10+ people gathering regularly, reported but nothing done.

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

TBH we are also getting complacent, possibly fatigue. Nowadays a walk to mrt will see 10 - 20 mask under chin or completely no wear mask. On trains and buses so many pull down masks after boarding, my area have 10+ people gathering regularly, reported but nothing done.

Absolutely, i dont understand why they dont get staff to check in the train,  sure can get a lot of fines and also create new employment. 

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Steve5380 said:

It seems that it has been proven that the US approved vaccines are effective against the B1617 variant. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/usapproved-vaccines-effective-against-b1617-variant-of-covid-19-official-101620862824820.html

I hope so but we have cases here fully vaccinated but succumbed to B1617 with all symptoms and breathlessness. 

1 minute ago, Steve5380 said:

Now the simplest proof of vaccination we have is the little card we get from the vaccine provider listing the two (or one?) shots, with date and batch number.  Apparently this provider submits the information to a central data base that can be consulted.

But there will be so many not wearing mask, who polices and checks who got the little card they may or may not have stashed somewhere?

• G_M changed the title to Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.