Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

Guest Try and see
9 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

USA also can remove mask in public except for hospital and public transport.

The latest rule in the US is that fully vaccinated people don't need to wear masks anymore, except under minor circumstances.

If S'pore can speed up their vaccination, we can reach that stage also by this Christmas.

cdcmasks20210513.png

Fully vaccinated people can shed masks in most places and travel: US CDC

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-people-vaccinated-can-avoid-masks-travel-us-cdc-14804602

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, lonelyglobe said:

Absolutely, i dont understand why they dont get staff to check in the train,  sure can get a lot of fines and also create new employment. 

Yeah get some staff to check accompanied by police, sure will get better compliance. Also should allow doxxing of non maskers since it’ll be easier to identify without mask, set up department to track down and fine - create employment, got fine revenue and ensure people dun remove mask.

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

The latest rule in the US is that fully vaccinated people don't need to wear masks anymore, except under minor circumstances.

If S'pore can speed up their vaccination, we can reach that stage also by this Christmas.

cdcmasks20210513.png

Fully vaccinated people can shed masks in most places and travel: US CDC

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-people-vaccinated-can-avoid-masks-travel-us-cdc-14804602

I actually don’t quite agree cos vaccinated can still get infected and can infect others.

Guest Try and see
8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah get some staff to check accompanied by police, sure will get better compliance. Also should allow doxxing of non maskers since it’ll be easier to identify without mask, set up department to track down and fine - create employment, got fine revenue and ensure people dun remove mask.

Is there any govt website where we can submit photos of people who don't wear masks in public?

I've encountered some before, usually less-educated men in their 50s and above. They behave like old ah bengs and will even glare at you defiantly if you look at them. 

I ever told off a guy on the bus for talking on his phone non-stop with his mask lowered. (Not a very educated guy, judging from his speech and behaviour.)

When he was alighting from the bus, he deliberately pulled his mask down and made eye contact with me (he was no longer on the phone by then).

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Is there any govt website where we can submit photos of people who don't wear masks in public?

Nah don’t think so, other than the OneService app that ‘detects hotspots’.

4 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

I've encountered some before, usually less-educated men in their 50s and above. They behave like old ah bengs and will even glare at you defiantly if you look at them. 

I ever told off a guy on the bus for talking on his phone non-stop with his mask lowered. (Not a very educated guy, judging from his speech and behaviour.)

When he was alighting from the bus, he deliberately pulled his mask down and made eye contact with me (he was no longer on the phone by then).

A lot of boomers do that. I encountered a YP that did exactly the same while alighting, defiantly pulled down his mask, gave me a smug look. I raised my phone to mimic taking a picture and he immediately hopped off the bus and covered his mouth.

20 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

But there will be so many not wearing mask, who polices and checks who got the little card they may or may not have stashed somewhere?

Maybe in a distant future people will have a device implanted under the forehead with a probe and a display that shows vaccinated or not.

But today the rules are hard to enforce as mandates, they are instead recommendations for the individual, on the (false) theory that everyone seeks personal safety and care for society.   And this can be sufficient:  if you are vaccinated, you have little risk to contract the virus from unvaccinated persons.  If you are NOT vaccinated, your risk is serious, so you should use mask and keep safe distances for your own good.  And you should accept the vaccine ASAP.

8 hours ago, Guest SHN said:

To me it looks like this Stay Home Notice doesn't really work. 

We wouldn't have community infections with the new India mutant if the Stay Home Notice had  been sufficiently effective. 

The Gov must rethink the airport arrival handling and quarantine. 

It seems there are loopholes. 

SHN doesn't work because the first line of defense at the immigration was compromised and penetrated.   

The weakest link at the airport is the toilet.  I suspect that is where the cleaners and the ICA officer got infected.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Steve5380 said:

on the (false) theory that everyone seeks personal safety and care for society. 

This… and everyone’s constitutional rights.

14 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Yes, SGSecure can submit photo.  

Guest Guest
3 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

SHN doesn't work because the first line of defense at the immigration was compromised and penetrated.   

The weakest link at the airport is the toilet.  I suspect that is where the cleaners and the ICA officer got infected.

A lot of older cleaners remove their mask at back corridors and sometimes while they are clearing garbage, some are 80+ yr olds - tired, need more air, don’t care or don’t know better? Sad at that age still have to toil at high risk areas.

Guest What talking?
9 hours ago, Guest SHN said:

It seems there are loopholes. 

What loopholes are you talking about?   I saw many giant holes instead.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Yes, SGSecure can submit photo.  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

A lot of boomers do that. I encountered a YP that did exactly the same while alighting, defiantly pulled down his mask, gave me a smug look. I raised my phone to mimic taking a picture and he immediately hopped off the bus and covered his mouth.

Yes, I think that is one way to deal with such as**oles - take out your phone and make it seem like you are going to take their picture.

Although also need to see the situation, because some of these as**oles might get violent and attempt to grab and smash your phone.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

If kena COVID-19 (whether main / parent or mutated), how many days MC does one get ah? 

It will depend on how severe your symptoms are, and how many days you are required to be warded in hospital.

If you have very mild or no symptoms, you will still need to stay in a community facility for at least 21 days*.

But I don't know how different companies' HR policies works, as in whether they will deduct that from your annual sick leave entitlement. By right, they shouldn't.

*correct me if I'm wrong

19 hours ago, Guest where the link said:

There are not scattered.

The problem is the people don't act appropriate. Same like with locals last time having a cold or flu. They still go office.

But this time it is Covid-19.

2/3 of the new cases did not even visit a clinic , most only when it was too late, meaning after they infected more people on the way.

This is the danger.

You have cold symptoms, problems breathing, headache, loss of taste, stay at home separated from others, go to doctor next day and get tested or go to a test centre directly and not only one week later.  Still needs 24 - 48 hrs to get the test result from a PCR test.

Read the cases, they meet for iftar dinners, go shopping, carry the virus from East to West, North to South.

The people are still too negligent!

The biggest surprise to me is this Tan Tock Seng cluster. How can someone working in a hospital infect 20 over people inside the hospital? There must have been a serious lapse in the PPE equipment while this lady was doing her work.

All workers at hospitals should be with the protection gear even if cleaning at night time or no people around.

But from my assumption, most infections happened outside the hospital but brought into from these infected workers.

Edited by gc0805

• G_M changed the title to Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)
56 minutes ago, gc0805 said:

NEVER EVER BLAME THE PINOY FEMALE NURSE, SHE'S A VICTIM TOO..!! THERE WAS NO LASPES IN THE PPE!! ACCORDING TO THE GOVT, THERE'S A PATIENT ZERO RUNNING AROUND SINGAPORE UNDETECTED. SO THAT PATIENT ZERO COULD BE ASYMPTOMATIC OR COULD BE SYMPTOMATIC AND THAT PERSON WOULD HAVE WLAKED INTO TTSH, VISITED SOMEONE OR DID SOME STUFF WITHIN THE PREMISES.. THUS TTSH GOTTEN AFFECTED.. NOW CHANGI AIRPORT IS AFFECTED, WHO DO YOU FOLKS WANNA BLAME!!!??

symptoms for covid-19

Most common symptoms:

fever
dry cough

sore throat
tiredness

loss of taste or smell

Less common symptoms:

aches and pains
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:

difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement

Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.

On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.

if you suspect your own symptoms.. go seek medical advice, do not clinic hop, stick to 1 GP. Upon finished of consultation, the doc MUST give you a 5 DAYS MC. The doc will also provide you an appointment to go to the nearest swabbing centres to be swabbed

Amk: Former Da Qiao Pri Sch

Bishan:  Former Bishan Park Sec Sch

Yishun: Yishun old bus interchange

Pasir ris: Former siglap sec sch

Alternatively, one can visit RAFFLES MEDICAL GROUP / RAFFLES MEDICAL HOSPITAL to be swabbed for free.

After you're swabbed, go straight home, self quarantine, wear a mask & stay in ur room. Until one received his / her sms text message from MOH clearing the person of covid19 status. And you must complete your 5 Days MC.

IF YOU'RE TESTED POSITIVE, DO STAY AT HOME WITH A FACE MASK ON, WAIT FOR THE AMBULANCE & SCDF WILL TURN UP IN HAZMAT SUITS / PPE TO BRING YOU INTO NCID

Edited by single42

Guest Try and see
12 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Yah, better go for haircut now.  Or else one month later.

Wait! During this CB 2.0, aren't the other stores still opened?

They never say full lockdown for all businesses. Only office workers to WFH where possible.

The other shops can still open, correct?

1 minute ago, single42 said:

NEVER EVER BLAME THE PINOY FEMALE NURSE, SHE'S A VICTIM TOO..!! THERE WAS NO LASPES IN THE PPE!! ACCORDING TO THE GOVT, THERE'S A PATIENT ZERO RUNNING AROUND SINGAPORE UNDETECTED. SO THAT PATIENT ZERO COULD BE ASYMPTOMATIC OR COULD BE SYMPTOMATIC AND THAT PERSON WOULD HAVE WLAKED INTO TTSH, VISITED SOMEONE OR DID SOME STUFF WITHIN THE PREMISES.. THUS TTSH GOTTEN AFFECTED.. NOW CHANGI AIRPORT IS AFFECTED, WHO DO YOU FOLKS WANNA BLAME!!!??

During the press conference earlier today, MTF mentioned that frontline workers donning PPE went for their lunch at T3 basement 2 food court, and "infected" one of the general public who was there.  Desanitizing of the PPE was properly done but not thoroughly enough.

1 minute ago, Guest Try and see said:

They never say full lockdown for all businesses. Only office workers to WFH where possible.

From Sunday, there will be a cap of the number of people allowed inside Fairprice (for example).  You have to wait in line - until someone exit before you can enter.  

5 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

During the press conference earlier today, MTF mentioned that frontline workers donning PPE went for their lunch at T3 basement 2 food court, and "infected" one of the general public who was there.  Desanitizing of the PPE was properly done but not thoroughly enough.

Therefore, MOH is now checking thoroughly & enforcing us, all healthcare workers & frontline medical staffs have to sanitized ourselves.. we had to even shower with warm water, dettol, scrubbed ourselves thoroughly, changed out our uniforms before we can proceed anywhere. Protocols & stringenet checks are enforced already.

2 minutes ago, The.Intrv. said:

Hairdressing fell under the list of essential services under CB 1.0.

What they should have done is to give priority to those hairdresser,  masseur etc to be vaccinated.

Anyway they mention facial not allow,  so is massage still allow with mask on? 

15 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Yes,  couple still can go shopping but just leave the kid at home. 

Guest Cliente

29 minutes ago, single42 said:

So defensive & agitated, must be from the same cumpong as her - Iku iku oops should be Ilo Ilo.

Guest Try and see
16 minutes ago, single42 said:

Therefore, MOH is now checking thoroughly & enforcing us, all healthcare workers & frontline medical staffs have to sanitized ourselves.. we had to even shower with warm water, dettol, scrubbed ourselves thoroughly, changed out our uniforms before we can proceed anywhere. Protocols & stringenet checks are enforced already.

How will MOM check if you shower with warm water, unless they station a cute and hunky guy from their department to watch you shower! 

Guest Guest
34 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

The virus can hide in the PPE clothing and "pounce/jump upon" to infect victims? This is proven or just their (experts') theory? 🤔😱

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

The virus can hide in the PPE clothing and "pounce/jump upon" to infect victims? This is proven or just their (experts') theory? 🤔😱

It was proven that the Indian triple mutant virus is many times more infectious.  That was the reason experts gave for the skyrocketed cases of infection and death in India. 

I suspect the virus could just float like dust in the air and follow the airflow whenever the surface (like the PPE) was moved.

Guest complacent

There were too low figures in the past 6 months. Most were imported infections.

Everyone got complacent and thought there is no longer any risk.

Who at the parks. connectors outside on roads who wasn't doing "strenuous " exercise did wear a mask?

In shopping malls not all did wear the mask properly or sitting at a table with a drink but not drinking.

I nearly got into a fight from a Chinese uncle who got very "heated" when I just signalled to him, his mask was below his nose.

Who refrained from talking on phones or other passengers in trains or buses?

the main point remains: The authorities were complacent in handling the incoming visitors or returning residents at the airport. The Virus had not slipped to the community if this had been handled more professional.

They charge companies or shops for not sanitizing sufficient in their shops and hand out penalties but the diligence at Changi airport was not up to the required standard!

Now, it is too late.

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

I suspect the virus could just float like dust in the air and follow the airflow whenever the surface (like the PPE) was moved.

US CDC has accepted that covid is airborne, imagine in toilets, flush plumes, and every time you close or open the cubicle, how much particles is swirled into the air, and considering most toilet return duct is at the ceiling it is drawn upwards to our face level and upwards.

6 minutes ago, Guest complacent said:

There were too low figures in the past 6 months. Most were imported infections.

Everyone got complacent and thought there is no longer any risk.

Who at the parks. connectors outside on roads who wasn't doing "strenuous " exercise did wear a mask?

In shopping malls not all did wear the mask properly or sitting at a table with a drink but not drinking.

I nearly got into a fight from a Chinese uncle who got very "heated" when I just signalled to him, his mask was below his nose.

Who refrained from talking on phones or other passengers in trains or buses?

the main point remains: The authorities were complacent in handling the incoming visitors or returning residents at the airport. The Virus had not slipped to the community if this had been handled more professional.

They charge companies or shops for not sanitizing sufficient in their shops and hand out penalties but the diligence at Changi airport was not up to the required standard!

Now, it is too late.

Isn't that always the case,  the top mess up and the bottom suffer. 

Guest hand in fire
1 hour ago, single42 said:

You can say what you want.

But if the all safeguards had been applied, the case has not started at a hospital.

We all know the hard work of nurses and their sacrifices but you cannot just exclude them in total.

What strikes is that the nurse did not even listen to the advice giving to the public and which you are giving in your other post.

3 days earlier the nurse developed "flu symptoms".

Shouldn't this have been a warning to her to be more cautious? Stay at home and recover first?

But no, she went to work even having suffered cough, sore throat and body aches only later went for a medical check.

I m not sure how you can conclude there were no lapses in PPE. Would you really hold your hand in fire? Can you guarantee for all nurses???

On the origin of this cluster, we know nothing about the private life of the nurse. And we will probably never know.

But you cannot just exclude any lapses only because a nurse in a hospital is involved.

The spread or cluster development inside a hospital is quite an embarrassment to Singapore.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.