Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

5 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

All the ones you brushed over and said things like "And you need to factor" when you don't need to factor, you need to potentially allow for.

And I also don't "Need to" tell you what you know you brushed over

Well. My sentence started off with

"I assume..." it marks this part clearly as an assumption and nothing else.

I was responding to your query why Singapore is going to a sort of second lockdown (sliding backwards) but only has 20 % vaccinated while other countries are at 60% .

And I gave you an explanation from my side.

An explanation would always be an opinion or assumption.

But to support it I gave the facts why Singapore has come to this stage of spread of new covid 19 infections in the community , which caused the Government to announce a sort of lockdown.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, singalion said:

I assume, the Government did not properly factor the risk from this B.1.617.2 - (India) variant...

Well, you could say, "no lesson learned"....

What facts did I ignore or brushed over?

1 minute ago, singalion said:

"I assume..." it marks this part clearly as an assumption and nothing else.

I was responding to your query why Singapore is going to a sort of second lockdown (sliding backwards) but only has 20 % vaccinated while other countries are at 60% .

And I gave you an explanation from my side.

An explanation would always be an opinion or assumption.

But to support it I gave the facts why Singapore has come to this stage of spread of new covid 19 infections in the community , which caused the Government to announce a sort of lockdown.

What facts did I ignore or brushed over?

So it was all assumptions and opinions? 

Having said it wasn't you now seem to be saying it was? 

And still no facts as to why it's going so slowly, just assumptions and opinions

7 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

So it was all assumptions and opinions? 

Having said it wasn't you now seem to be saying it was? 

And still no facts as to why it's going so slowly, just assumptions and opinions

No that sentence was an assumption. Read careful.

"I assume..." it marks this part sentence clearly as an assumption and nothing else.

Referring to this part:

I assume, the Government did not properly factor the risk from this B.1.617.2 - (India) variant...

Where are your facts?

You just claim but don't present any facts at all.

No that sentence was an assumption. Read careful.

"I assume..." it marks this part sentence clearly as an assumption and nothing else.

Referring to this part:

Where are your facts?

You just claim but don't present any facts at all.

Seeing as you don't seem to know what a fact is you seem very interested on the ones you don't have. Here is an example of what a fact is...

I am sat on a chair.

That is a fact.

I assume you are sat on a chair.

That is not a fact, it is an assumption, a guess, educated or otherwise, it is categorically not a fact.

Surely, I don't need your lecturing on facts.

By the way I was asking you to come out with facts, but you don't have any.

You claimed Singapore is slow in vaccinating the population.

But the facts speak against your claim if Singapore is ranked under the top 25 out of 195 countries in the world.

At least 5 different rankings placed Singapore within the top 25 group.

This is a fact.

Second, the only countries that achieved a 60% vaccination of the population currently are Israel, Seychelles and San Marino. Bhutan is at 63% with the first vaccination but so far has not done any second or just a few.

No other countries are at this stage.

It still doesn't hold with any facts to claim Singapore is slow in vaccinating its residents. If you take the facts, Singapore made it as of these days compared to other nations into the top 25 (out of 197).

4 minutes ago, singalion said:

Surely, I don't need your lecturing on facts.

By the way I was asking you to come out with facts, but you don't have any.

You claimed Singapore is slow in vaccinating the population.

But the facts speak against your claim if Singapore is ranked under the top 25 out of 195 countries in the world.

At least 5 different rankings placed Singapore within the top 25 group.

This is a fact.

Second, the only countries that achieved a 60% vaccination of the population currently are Israel, Seychelles and San Marino. Bhutan is at 63% with the first vaccination but so far has not done any second or just a few.

No other countries are at this stage.

It still doesn't hold with any facts to claim Singapore is slow in vaccinating its residents. If you take the facts, Singapore made it as of these days compared to other nations into the top 25 (out of 197).

Clearly you DO need to be taught what a fact is, you just used the word wrong.

If you want want to stand on your soap box and scream the SG is amazing and best in the world at everything then you are welcome to, there will be lots of people that agree, BUT...

Stating one thing that is a fact, then stating a second thing and claming it is a fact dose not make both facts!

top 25 in the world due to some lists, that is a fact.

Makes singapore great, Not a fact.

Disputes Singapore being slow, utterly not.

You clearly do not know what the words you are using mean, or you are so interested in Singapore being amazing that the actual facts are irrelevant to you.

3 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

If you want want to stand on your soap box and scream the SG is amazing and best in the world at everything then you are welcome to, there will be lots of people that agree, BUT...

And where did I say Singapore is amazing and the best in the world?

Please show me!

Guest Mickey Spillane’s M Hammer

Rugbywhite, you seem to be misreading Nightingale's posts, as he is not defending Singapore's media. What he is doing is polluting this forum with a stupid conspiracy theory that the Western media is trying to hold down his actual favorite country, which is China, where his real loyalty has always been.

Look at the official China government media sources he wants you to read, Xinhua and Global Times (with China Daily completing the Axis), and that says all you need to know about him. He doesn't care about Singapore at all and is only here for the bigger check, cleaner environment, and better weather.

You will notice in this thread that he is not pushing for Singaporeans to get vaccinated in whatever way they can. No, he only wants us to get vaccinated with a China vaccine above all else, and thinks it is some kind of conspiracy when vaccines that have higher efficacy rates wind up being used instead.

8 minutes ago, singalion said:

And where did I say Singapore is amazing and the best in the world?

Please show me!

6 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

Now you're being willfully ignorant, you should put some serious thought into why your ego is so fragile

I guess you are assuming now...

On 5/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, singalion said:

Compared to other countries, Singapore isn't doing so bad in vaccinating the population...

From this above sentence in my earlier post you conclude I said Singapore is amazing and the best in the world?

Hm, then maybe you have a comprehension difficulty.

2 minutes ago, Guest Mickey Spillane’s M Hammer said:

Rugbywhite, you seem to be misreading Nightingale's posts, as he is not defending Singapore's media. What he is doing is polluting this forum with a stupid conspiracy theory that the Western media is trying to hold down his actual favorite country, which is China, where his real loyalty has always been.

Look at the official China government media sources he wants you to read, Xinhua and Global Times (with China Daily completing the Axis), and that says all you need to know about him. He doesn't care about Singapore at all and is only here for the bigger check, cleaner environment, and better weather.

You will notice in this thread that he is not pushing for Singaporeans to get vaccinated in whatever way they can. No, he only wants us to get vaccinated with a China vaccine above all else, and thinks it is some kind of conspiracy when vaccines that have higher efficacy rates wind up being used instead.

Interesting ways to look at it, thank you for the heads up.

Just now, singalion said:

I guess you are assuming now...

From this above sentence in my earlier post you conclude I said Singapore is amazing and the best in the world?

Hm, then maybe you have a comprehension difficulty.

No it's still you assuming, and choosing to be difficult, although it is nice to see you are no longer trying to claim that your assumptions and opinions are facts, I'm glad that lesson has got through to you.

Seeing as you are now cherry picking parts of things to try and cling to any point you think you can, I will bow out. If i wanted to run around in circles and achieve nothing I would chase a cat.

Have a nice life, hopefully one with more education in it

Guest Mickey Spillane’s M Hammer
3 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

Interesting ways to look at it, thank you for the heads up.

Sure. You kept asking him for justifications of Singapore and he kept replying with justifications of China, which is a competely different country, no matter how much people like him wish otherwise. More proof of what we know.

1 minute ago, Guest Mickey Spillane’s M Hammer said:

Sure. You kept asking him for justifications of Singapore and he kept replying with justifications of China, which is a competely different country, no matter how much people like him wish otherwise. More proof of what we know.

Hahaha, Yeah China can be someone else's problem for another day 😁

Look, you came up saying:

Singapore is doing a bad job in vaccinating people compared to other developed nations.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:32 PM, Rugbywhite said:

You had my full attention until you went and ended it with a sentence in complete contradiction to reality. Compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population.

If though you want to compare Singapore to say the worlds ten largest refuge camps, then sure, you are doing ok.  

But above is your personal opinion. (And never supported with any facts).

The different world rankings on the vaccinations say otherwise.

At these rankings from various different independent institutions, Singapore is within the top 25 as to vaccinations.

Can you then conclude, Singapore is doing a bad job in vaccinating the people in their country?

Compared to other "developed" countries Singapore even ranks much better (take Austria, Finland, France, Luxembourg or Spain, they are all lacking behind Singapore.)

If you can take that your personal opinion on Singapore's performance doesn't stand with the facts, then this is your personal issue.

If you want to mistrust these rankings ok, then you do. This is your personal thing too.

(And thanks for the hints on education but surely holding three Masters in different subjects from 3 different countries, I assume it is more than the average person has attained... but you never stop learning 😁  )

2 minutes ago, singalion said:

Look, you came up saying:

Singapore is doing a bad job in vaccinating people compared to other developed nations.

But above is your personal opinion. (And never supported with any facts).

The different world rankings on the vaccinations say otherwise.

At these rankings from various different independent institutions, Singapore is within the top 25 as to vaccinations.

Can you then conclude, Singapore is doing a bad job in vaccinating the people in their country?

Compared to other "developed" countries Singapore even ranks much better (take Austria, Finland, France, Luxembourg or Spain, they are all lacking behind Singapore.)

If you can take that your personal opinion on Singapore's performance doesn't stand with the facts, then this is your personal issue.

If you want to mistrust these rankings ok, then you do. This is your personal thing too.

(And thanks for the hints on education but surely holding three Masters in different subjects from 3 different countries, I assume it is more than the average person has attained... but you never stop learning 😁  )

Please don't quote and misquote me at the same time, it just makes you look silly.

And I never said I was giving facts, I said your facts were opinions, which later on once you learned what a fact is, you agreed on.

Although now you seem to be back tracking, so who knows what you're talking about now

Misquoting you?

but that was exactly what you posted. How can a full repost of your own post constitute misquoting you?

Here I quote it again:

You had my full attention until you went and ended it with a sentence in complete contradiction to reality. Compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population.

If though you want to compare Singapore to say the worlds ten largest refuge camps, then sure, you are doing ok.  

This is what you said. Quoting your complete post makes me look silly? hm?

2) Aha. now I am backtracking.

Just wonder on what...

This is what I said:

On 5/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, singalion said:

Compared to other countries, Singapore isn't doing so bad in vaccinating the population...

And the facts support my point.

Take the facts derived from the percentage of vaccinations in these 5 different list from these different institutions.

Singapore is there within the top 25 at all of these lists. and probably in more of other lists from other organisations.

3) By the way you never noted that my assumptions/ opinions and my conclusions referred to Singapore entering a sort of second lockdown but not on the fact whether Singapore is doing a good or bad job in vaccinating the population.

New York Times has the data from the source below, it is not NYT's own data:

Source: Vaccinations data from local governments via Our World in Data.

In most other forums on the vaccination rate, the countries on the top 25 are the same, therefore the data should be reliable.

You can't compare the vaccination rate with a soft lockdown happening here in Singapore now and the intrusion of the Indian variant into Singapore.

You must separate this.

With a 33% first dose vaccination rate, swift action in not letting the Indian variant into the country had been a priority.

Unfortunately, due to a lax or less selective immigration policy following news on the India situation, the Covid-19 India variant managed to slip through into Singapore.

With a 60% vaccination rate in the population, 40 % could have still caught the Covid-19 resulting in a total lockdown.

The problem is not the vaccination but the risk deriving from that variant.

Actually, the one highest responsible is very silent at the moment....

If you look at the media, first reports from a surge in cases in India emerged end of February 2021...

Covid-19: India in a 'delicate phase' of its coronavirus battle as cases surge

BBC Published 27 February 2021

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56206004

After reporting a significant drop in the number of Covid-19 cases for months, some Indian states have seen a sharp uptick in infections in February. The BBC's Vikas Pandey and Soutik Biswas report.

In early February, physicians in Amravati district, some 700km (435 miles) from India's commercial capital, Mumbai, noticed a sudden surge in the number of people suffering from Covid-19.

Life in this cotton-growing district in the western state of Maharashtra had almost returned to normal after the first wave of infections last summer. The ICUs of the 1,600-bed state-run hospital and half-a-dozen private hospitals were nearly empty.

"But everything changed in February," says Anil Jadhav, a local journalist. "And now there's panic in the district."

Since the beginning of February, Amravati has recorded more than 10,000 cases and over 66 deaths from Covid. More than 1,000 were receiving treatment for the disease this week. The positivity rate is in frightful double digits. Amravati and a few other districts in Maharashtra have been again locked down.

The hotspots in a district of 2.5 million people are mainly congested urban areas, say locals.

It remains no other developed country is at a vaccination rate exceeding 65%.

Singapore would have still gone into the same second lockdown had the population already been vaccinated at 65%.

(Yes this is an assumption).

The percentage amounts from these lists ranking the vaccination rate of the population are not facts now?

Look, you can't be easily satisfied. When I pointed to the assumptions I made, you were not happy. When I gave the reasons in reply to your questions you were not happy. Maybe you are only happy if people parrot what you claim.

Hm. My personal assumptions is that you are not happy because the few facts I presented rebutted your claim:

Quoting you: "Compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population."

Your above claim just doesn't stand with the facts.

Sorry, but that is how it is.

Edited by singalion

8 minutes ago, singalion said:

Misquoting you?

but that was exactly what you posted. How can a full repost of your own post constitute misquoting you?

Here I quote it again:

This is what you said. Quoting your complete post makes me look silly? hm?

2) Aha. now I am backtracking.

Just wonder on what...

This is what I said:

And the facts support my point.

Take the facts derived from the percentage of vaccinations in these 5 different list from these different institutions.

Singapore is there within the top 25 at all of these lists. and probably in more of other lists from other organisations.

3) By the way you never noted that my assumptions/ opinions and my conclusions referred to Singapore entering a sort of second lockdown but not on the fact whether Singapore is doing a good or bad job in vaccinating the population.

It remains no other developed country is at a vaccination rate exceeding 65%.

Singapore would have still gone into the same second lockdown had the population already been vaccinated at 65%.

(Yes this is an assumption).

The percentage amounts from these lists ranking the vaccination rate of the population are not facts now?

Look, you can't be easily satisfied. When I pointed to the assumptions I made, you were not happy. When I gave the reasons in reply to your questions you were not happy. Maybe you are only happy if people parrot what you claim.

Hm. My personal assumptions is that you are not happy because the few facts I presented rebutted your claim:

Quoting you: "Compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population."

Congratulations on quoting me correctly, without trying to type out what you are also copying you did a good job. You still don't have a point but congratulations.

Backtracking on what? I said so right there so redundant question.

Glad I picked your backtracking correctly though, as for the rest of you repeating the same opinions again, and again, and again, I'm wondering who it is you think didn't read them the first few dozen times, and why you think if someone did successfully manage to avoid them, why they would go over it now.

I love how you end with "Facts" again, maybe you could take a leaf out of Trumps book, and start saying "MY facts" or "Alternative facts" or just try using a different word that you understand the use of, for example, "Opinion"

11 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

Congratulations on quoting me correctly, without trying to type out what you are also copying you did a good job. You still don't have a point but congratulations.

Glad I picked your backtracking correctly though, as for the rest of you repeating the same opinions again, and again, and again, I'm wondering who it is you think didn't read them the first few dozen times, and why you think if someone did successfully manage to avoid them, why they would go over it now.

I love how you end with "Facts" again, maybe you could take a leaf out of Trumps book, and start saying "MY facts" or "Alternative facts" or just try using a different word that you understand the use of, for example, "Opinion"

a) You don't elaborate on what I was backtracking.

But still go on claiming that you back tracked me correctly. funny isn't it.

b) But the results from the rankings are not alternative facts or any invention of myself claiming it to be a fact.

c)

No worry I will clarify on this, eventually then you may understand the content.

31 minutes ago, singalion said:

You claim that "compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population"

But your claim just simply does not stand with the facts resulting from the lists identifying the rate and speed of vaccination in each population of these countries. 

I fail to see where you can see that I posted "alternative facts" .  I never posted any alternative facts but quoted the ranking places of Singapore within these lists from international organisations.

These rankings which I posted earlier are factual and not assumptions or alternative facts.

Singapore is ranked between 17th to 25th place at these lists.

Therefore, Singapore is placed in the upper ranks compared to other countries or other developed countries.

Therefore, your claim for Singapore doing very badly on vaccinating their population is simply wrong, because it does not stand with the facts.

It is as simple as that.

It seems you just don't want to accept this. 

a) You don't elaborate on what I was backtracking.

But still go on claiming that you back tracked me correctly. funny isn't it.

b) But the results from the rankings are not alternative facts or any invention of myself claiming it to be a fact.

c)

No worry I will clarify on this, eventually then you may understand the content.

You claim that "compared to all developed nations Singapore is doing very badly on vaccinating the population"

But your claim just simply does not stand with the facts resulting from the lists identifying the rate and speed of vaccination in each population of these countries. 

I fail to see where you can see that I posted "alternative facts" .  I never posted any alternative facts but quoted the ranking places of Singapore within these lists from international organisations.

These rankings which I posted earlier are factual and not assumptions or alternative facts.

Singapore is ranked between 17th to 25th place at these lists.

Therefore, Singapore is placed in the upper ranks compared to other countries or other developed countries.

Therefore, your claim for Singapore doing very badly on vaccinating their population is simply wrong, because it does not stand with the facts.

It is as simple as that.

It seems you just don't want to accept this. 

Oh my word you enjoy making long posts...

I didn't elaborate on your backtracking because you are the one who choses to not read about it.

And contrary to you fake statment that I go on to back track, what you mean is I picked you back tracking correctly.

If you refuse to read then this is all a closed point though, not to mention you choosing to yet further derail this thread.

B...

You picking a real fact to argue about, not one of your opinions is just a bit bizarre, other than you still laboring a point you don't have.

Your "Degrees" Clearly weren't in mathematical statistics, as you can't read or interpret them, leading to your alternative facts.

Your OPINIONS are valid, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but them being valid doesn't make them facts or correct, for someone who claims to be as educated as you do you have real trouble grasping the difference between your feelings, and reality.

I humbly suggest you go off and look into this rather than trying to peddle alternative facts on the internet.

4 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

B...

You picking a real fact to argue about, not one of your opinions is just a bit bizarre, other than you still laboring a point you don't have. Your "Degrees" Clearly weren't in mathematical statistics, as you can't read or interpret them, leading to your alternative facts.

Your OPINIONS are valid, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but them being valid doesn't make them facts

So you still want to claim that the ranking of Singapore in the vaccination rate of the population and Singapore being placed in the top 25 is not a fact? Same as you say these rankings do not represent facts?

So Singapore being in the top 25 of these rankings is an opinion and not a fact?

Or are they in your view only "alternative facts" because they did not suit your claim?

So you still want to claim that the ranking of Singapore in the vaccination rate of the population and Singapore being placed in the top 25 is not a fact? Same as you say these rankings do not represent facts?

So Singapore being in the top 25 of these rankings is an opinion and not a fact?

Or are they in your view only "alternative facts" because they did not suit your claim?

Now you're just making shit up, do you have nothing better to do than come online and lie?

26 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

I noted in your reply posts you only come up with allegations or unjust claims on what I in your opinion suppose to have done, posted, backtracked, have ignored, did not factor in, claiming I misquoted you, alleging in making "alternative facts"  etc. Lately, even started to insult me. 

But you don't ever substantiate what you throw on me or elaborate and just leave what you claim hanging in the air.

As such I must take that you aren't serious and just trying to save your face.

I noted in your reply posts you only come up with allegations or unjust claims on what I in your opinion suppose to have done, posted, backtracked, have ignored, did not factor in, claiming I misquoted you, alleging in making "alternative facts"  etc. Lately, even started to insult me. 

But you don't ever substantiate what you throw on me or elaborate and just leave what you claim hanging in the air.

As such I must take that you aren't serious and just trying to save your face.

I'm glad you have been able to make a list of your short comings, I hope you enjoy working on it

Just now, Rugbywhite said:

Now you're just making shit up, do you have nothing better to do than come online and lie?

Why should these rankings be a lie?

There are 10 independent organisations running these rankings.

You have the problem of doubting on these rankings.

Why should these rankings be a lie?

There are 10 independent organisations running these rankings.

You have the problem of doubting on these rankings.

You are the only person to be saying they are lying, this is why I'm chasing a cat, you don't even know what you are saying

1 minute ago, Rugbywhite said:

I'm glad you have been able to make a list of your short comings, I hope you enjoy working on it

Please refrain from putting something into my posts which I never said/ wrote.

3 minutes ago, singalion said:

The listed items are merely your personal accusations on me and nothing other.

Please refrain from putting something into my posts which I never said/ wrote.

The listed items are merely your personal accusations on me and nothing other.

I didn't, I commented on what you wrote.

and please stop sulking because you can't keep track of the circles you're running in

20 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:
21 minutes ago, singalion said:

16 minutes ago, Rugbywhite said:

You are the only person to be saying they are lying, this is why I'm chasing a cat, you don't even know what you are saying

First you say I come online and lie and one minute later you are saying the rankings are facts.

Seems quite contradictory.

Looks more to me like you are a cat chasing it's own tail...

Please go further merry round....

Edited by singalion

First you say I come online and lie and one minute later you are saying the rankings are facts.

Looks more to me like you are a cat chasing it's own tail...

Please go further merry round....

I never said the rankings weren't facts, I have said all along that your opinions aren't facts, you reached this point hours ago, but then decided to try and protect you fragile ego by twisting everything and saying the same thing over and over.

You have your list of personal flaws to work on with your therapist now so I don't consider my time with you wasted. I do however consider you to be a waste of time. Please feel free to now feel smug and triumphant as I'm sure it will help your fragile sense of self.

Try and enjoy the rest of your life, a first step would be to not see your short cummings as failures but things to work on, like learning what a fact is.

Bye bye, I'm done chasing this cat

I never made any claim that any of my conclusions, assumptions or opinions are the same as facts.

This is a mere invention of you.

All the time I replied to you in a civil manner and not resorting to any insults.

No worries, I will leave the judgement on your posts, your futile face saving measures, on your personality and mental state on the other BW readers at this Forum.

I never made any claim that any of my conclusions, assumptions or opinions are the same as facts.

All the time I replied to you in a civil manner and not resorting to any insults.

No worries, I will leave the judgement on your posts, your futile face saving measures, on your personality and mental state on the other BW readers at this Forum.

🥱

Guest Guest
32 minutes ago, singalion said:

You think you have civil manner and no insults, you talk so much you don't hear yourself.

Guest Meanly Preacher
2 hours ago, kidster said:

Heatmap of cases: https://ppvbc.github.io/ Why certain areas have more cases than the others? YCK and Tuas seems to be the safest places in Sg now.

I think Tuas, Joo Koon, and Pioneer showing fewer cases is largely due to lower population density, meaning fewer residents picking up the coronavirus from other parts of the country, and therefore fewer opportunities to shed viral particles in the far western townships.

Yio Chu Kang is probably extremely good luck or late detection of cases that will begin to show up in the statistics in the coming days, especially since there are a certain amount of cases to the north in Khatib and Yishun, as well as to the south in Ang Mo Kio and Bishan.

Sungei Kadut, Sembawang, Thomson, Jurong South, and Sentosa Cove are also looking quite safe at the moment but we shall see if that pattern holds. The biggest factor for three of those areas is no MRT and fewer bus routes which, again, cuts down on opportunities.

14 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Disclaimer:  I am not an advocate of these so-called vaccines that use mRNA because we don't know their long term consequences on our bodies.  But still I shall share what I know here.

And here's an article for you to peruse but of course if your prejudice against China still holds your mind after all those pro-Western  media bombardments, then it's up to you.

You make some good points with your analytical mind.  I don't want to contradict any of them, I only will contradict one assumption in the video that says that the trial of the J&J is more trustworthy as the Pfizer and Moderna because it was done during a more virulent time of the pandemic.  

A higher rate of infections should only shorten the trial time (if it is given by a certain number of infections) or shortens the variance of the result if the trial time is fixed.   For example, if in one trial of X number of people the infections in the placebo group is 100 and in the vaccinated is 50,  then one definition of the efficacy can give a result = 50%.  If the same trial is done at a time or place with much higher infection rate, the placebo group may have 200 infections vs. the vaccinated group with 100.  The "efficacy" would still be 50%

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, Rugbywhite said:

Please don't quote and misquote me at the same time, it just makes you look silly.

And I never said I was giving facts, I said your facts were opinions, which later on once you learned what a fact is, you agreed on.

Although now you seem to be back tracking, so who knows what you're talking about now

8 hours ago, Rugbywhite said:

8 hours ago, Rugbywhite said:

Oh my word you enjoy making long posts...

I didn't elaborate on your backtracking because you are the one who choses to not read about it.

And contrary to you fake statment that I go on to back track, what you mean is I picked you back tracking correctly.

If you refuse to read then this is all a closed point though, not to mention you choosing to yet further derail this thread.

B...

You picking a real fact to argue about, not one of your opinions is just a bit bizarre, other than you still laboring a point you don't have.

Your "Degrees" Clearly weren't in mathematical statistics, as you can't read or interpret them, leading to your alternative facts.

Your OPINIONS are valid, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but them being valid doesn't make them facts or correct, for someone who claims to be as educated as you do you have real trouble grasping the difference between your feelings, and reality.

I humbly suggest you go off and look into this rather than trying to peddle alternative facts on the internet.

7 hours ago, Rugbywhite said:

I didn't, I commented on what you wrote.

and please stop sulking because you can't keep track of the circles you're running in

I never said the rankings weren't facts, I have said all along that your opinions aren't facts, you reached this point hours ago, but then decided to try and protect you fragile ego by twisting everything and saying the same thing over and over.

You have your list of personal flaws to work on with your therapist now so I don't consider my time with you wasted. I do however consider you to be a waste of time. Please feel free to now feel smug and triumphant as I'm sure it will help your fragile sense of self.

Try and enjoy the rest of your life, a first step would be to not see your short cummings as failures but things to work on, like learning what a fact is.

Bye bye, I'm done chasing this cat

In just 12 hours, you have managed to pinpoint all the ways as to how @singalion has destroyed so many of the threads here on this forum.

The last post quoted above sums it all up. First, he is pigheaded enough to force his opinion as facts onto others. And when others comes in to prove him wrong, he will start shifting and digressing away from his points, like in this case when he attempted to turn the tables on you. And sooner or later, he will start to dig out all the articles and flood this forum to support his "claims", which we have also seen somewhat of it in this thread itself. And then the entire thread will be flooded with nonsense bickering from him. 

We know the mods turn a blind eye to the trolling and fights started by @Nightingale because his online presence is supposed to be some kind of therapeutic treatment for his mental illness, and we also know the mods turn a blind eye to @Steve5380 because he is a sad and lonely old man whose ex-wife and son no longer wants to talk to him and he might fall dead and lay undiscovered stinking alone at home for months unless we see him posting here. 

But as for @singalion, I really don't know what is the excuse.... 

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

We know the mods turn a blind eye to the trolling and fights started by @Nightingale because his online presence is supposed to be some kind of therapeutic treatment for his mental illness, and we also know the mods turn a blind eye to @Steve5380 because he is a sad and lonely old man whose ex-wife and son no longer wants to talk to him and he might fall dead and lay undiscovered stinking alone at home for months unless we see him posting here. 

Ah...  you wish so desperately.  You like to post your wishes, but... you really think that by wishing so strongly you have any chance of success?

Edited by Steve5380

23 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Why should the trial period be shortened?  You wouldn’t be comparing apples with apples.  There are too many unknown variables and sample sizes weren’t the same.  So it’s unwise to make a comparison across vaccines.  Anyway, Phase 1 should be on a sample of 50 people.  Phase 2 it’s 200 people.  Phase 3 should be much larger – 30,000 or more over a period of about 6 months.  Phase 3 started in July and ended just when Trump was voted out and sample size was 3,000, so they were rushing things up.  Whether it’s Western or Chinese or Russian, they were cutting corners.

What the doctors said is this:  Don’t quibble over the efficacy rates as claimed.  More importantly is how the vaccines reduce the serious symptoms and possibility of death, which all manufacturers claim as more than 95-99% efficacy.  Will the protection lasts 2 years or longer?  They tell you they don’t know.  The manufacturers and governments also tell you that you cannot sue for damages.

You are completely right.  But with so many unknowns, and the urgency to produce results,  what better than a comparison by efficacy rates?   Otherwise, how can the goodness of the vaccine be easily conveyed?   It is understandable that such excellent results as a 90+ efficacy makes it easier to gain acceptance for a vaccine.  (it is important in the scenario of this pandemic that people get vaccinated). Also while touting this high efficacy the responsible organizations have remarked on not giving this number too much importance but instead accept whichever APPROVED vaccine becomes available. (this also means: trust the expertise of the people who do the approval)

Edited by Steve5380

The Indian Media (backed most likely by the government) on youtube is flooding the lie that there is a "Singapore variant". Anyone free and want to do your part, consider flooding those channels with clarifications, instead of querreling amongst amongst ourselves here.

Our Singapore government is spineless and only knows how to sue own citizens.

Months ago, when the "Singapore song" fiasco started in India, government did not do a thing.

Now the lie has jumped to spreading falsehoods that there is a "Singapore variant".

WTF!

If this is not stopped, our country's reputation will be tatters. Next time you visit another country, they will ostracised you.

'No truth' in India news reports claiming Singapore variant of COVID-19 virus: MOH

“The strain that is prevalent in many of the COVID-19 cases in recent weeks is the B16172 variant, which originated in India,” it said.

“Phylogenetic testing has shown this B16172 variant to be associated with several clusters in Singapore.”

Two COVID-19 sub-variants from India have been detected among imported and community cases in Singapore, including those who have been linked to the Tan Tock Seng and Changi Airport clusters.

3 hours ago, superflawless said:

'No truth' in India news reports claiming Singapore variant of COVID-19 virus: MOH

“The strain that is prevalent in many of the COVID-19 cases in recent weeks is the B16172 variant, which originated in India,” it said.

“Phylogenetic testing has shown this B16172 variant to be associated with several clusters in Singapore.”

Two COVID-19 sub-variants from India have been detected among imported and community cases in Singapore, including those who have been linked to the Tan Tock Seng and Changi Airport clusters.

How stupid our government to let those people with the virus came in to visit their so called relatives in the beginning. They brought over the virus here n infected so many sinkies, n now in return  the delhi chief minister has slandered us that this is a "singapore variant" ! 

Edited by jlone

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, jlone said:

How stupid our government to let those people with the virus came in to visit their so called relatives in the beginning. They brought over the virus here n infected so many sinkies, n now in return  the delhi chief minister has slandered us that this is a "singapore variant" ! 

Because according to HSK, they are also part of the CECAporean "core" so they can come and go to visit relatives as they please. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/emerging-stronger-taskforce-avoid-narrow-definition-of-singapore-core-says-dpm-heng

🎼 We are CECA-pore, CECA-pore Indians 🎵

🎼 We are CECA-pore, CECA-pore Indiaaaaaaans 🎵

(and I bet someone in "Motherland" also wrote the lyrics to this song in maybe 1970s again) 

4 hours ago, superflawless said:

Online netizens, stop infighting here. Assemble and retaliate in co-ordination against a common enemy now.

No "infighting" when the fight is between national traitor and foreign trash. 

1 hour ago, jlone said:

It's good to "slander" Singapore to distract my fellow Indians of my own stupidity and incompetence. That's politics my friend! 😉

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Can still argue some more. 

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/wrong-to-say-there-is-no-singapore-strain-says-delhi-health-minister-satyendra-jain-705570

'Wrong to say there is no Singapore strain', says Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain

Wa seriously...  Can we make one umbadge version strain return them? Kiasu kiasi multi racial rojak complain queen sovereign FOMO type of strain. (Made in Singapore)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.