Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 10/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, Guest covid said:

So I caught covid, and am now a few days into the home recovery program. I received two doses of the pfizer vax 2 months ago. I would like to share my own experience here. 

1) the initial symptoms are not exactly mild. 

- suffered breathlessness, chest pains, cough, body aches, loss of taste/smell, fatigue for 3 days 

- symptoms are definitely worse than a normal flu during the 3 days

- regretted not being more careful (continued eating out and what-not)

- dry cough initially which became wet cough on day 4 

2) "endemic" comes at a high personal and financial cost

- affected the ability of other family members to work / mum's employer forced her to resign

- constantly worried if i had passed the virus to my elderly parents and young nieces/nephews

- felt that "endemic" really only benefits businesses

3) symptoms do clear up very quickly because of the vax.

- by day 5, most of my symptoms suddenly improved

- smell/taste returned, only left with slight cough

- ART surprisingly is negative on day 5

- feels that this is really only possible because of the vax. really thankful to have gotten the vax  (STOP SPREADING RUMORS ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS OF VAX ETC JUST TAKE THE VAX ALREADY OMG) it really works

4) family members remain negative on day 6

- surprised that i did not infect them with the virus since we have dinner together before i found out i was positive

- could be the vax helps reduce viral transmission

5) some supplements i took

- fish oils (2 x 4 capsules a day)

- ashwagandha root (2 x 500mg a day)

- multivitamin (1 tab)

- vit c and zinc efferverscence tab (1 tab)

- antihistamines (chloramine) to prevent runny nose

LESSON LEARNT

VACCINATION WORKS! 

IT PAYS TO CONTINUE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND EAT-IN. 

ENDEMIC STATUS BENEFITS BUSINESSES BUT COMES AT A PERSONAL FINANCIAL COST DUE TO QUARANTINE. 

Appreciate your sharing. Thanks! 

On 10/5/2021 at 2:52 PM, Guest covid said:

So I caught covid, and am now a few days into the home recovery program. I received two doses of the pfizer vax 2 months ago. I would like to share my own experience here. 

- suffered breathlessness, chest pains, cough, body aches, loss of taste/smell, fatigue for 3 days 

- affected the ability of other family members to work / mum's employer forced her to resign

- constantly worried if i had passed the virus to my elderly parents and young nieces/nephews

- feels that this is really only possible because of the vax. really thankful to have gotten the vax  (STOP SPREADING RUMORS ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS OF VAX ETC JUST TAKE THE VAX ALREADY OMG) it really works

- surprised that i did not infect them with the virus since we have dinner together before i found out i was positive

- multivitamin (1 tab)

LESSON LEARNT

VACCINATION WORKS! 

ENDEMIC STATUS BENEFITS BUSINESSES BUT COMES AT A PERSONAL FINANCIAL COST DUE TO QUARANTINE. 

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you have recovered and now back in the chain gang.^_^

Guest gotboosterjab
On 10/5/2021 at 6:27 PM, Guest Curios said:

I know there are many old men here. Anyone here received booster shot already? 

I'm 62 yrs old and got my booster jab last wed. I walk in at the bishan vaccination centre and everything went smoothly. Felt tired for about 5 days. 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, Guest covid said:

- multivitamin (1 tab)

LESSON LEARNT

VACCINATION WORKS! 

thanks for sharing, i tested positive for covid on 4-9-2021, sorry i copied-and-paste your writings...

1) my initial symptoms was bad, basically i had a sore throat that WOULD NEVER GO AWAY.
Same as you:

- my symptoms for 5 days was worse than a normal flu.

2) TRAUMA happened, coz i infected my Dad > & coz my Mom's immunity is stronger than the 2 men in the same household, so MOH sent her to Quarantine for 11 days at Festive Hotel at Sentosa. MOH would not let her serve Quarantine at home on 4-9-2021, when Dad & me tested positive for covid, coz back then the default was doing it at a Gahmen-facility.

3) The symptoms i had for 7 days, cleared up BECAUSE OF THE PFIZER VACCINATION i received in July( Early & Late July).

as a Singapore Citizen, thank u Singapore Government for saving my life!!! i owe you one.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:52 AM, rowers said:

To live endemically, for as long as you are mild or asymptomatic, that's the way of living life moving forward whenever you are.

Once you are tested positive, know your responsibility to self-isolate, quarantine at home or at a dedicated care facility. Once you are cleared, life go on as usual.

What i was trying to say is, we cannot be so naive to think that endemic COVID comes at no personal cost at all. Life does not simply "just go on" if you are not a privileged member of the society. 

For instance, I have to pay extra to arrange for courier services due to quarantine; i was also supposed to start on a new job the same day i got a positive PCR test (opportunity cost); my self-employed family members cannot work and suffered lost income for 10 days; my mum was laid off; government grants are insufficient to cover these losses.

What makes it worse is, we have absolutely no control over whether or not we get infected by  asymptomatic people who do not get tested regularly. Think about it. Only businesses really get to benefit in an endemic situation where regulations are loosened. The lower income families who do not get to work from home are paying the economic price. 

Therefore, I really hope that people just effing get vax and keep up with regular testing. 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, jlone said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-covid-19-cases-deaths-oct-5-moh-2223001

9 deaths in a single day. Three of them were unvaccinated against COVID-19, while two were partially vaccinated and four had been vaccinated. 

On 10/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-covid-19-cases-deaths-oct-5-moh-2223001

9 deaths in a single day. Three of them were unvaccinated against COVID-19, while two were partially vaccinated and four had been vaccinated. 

40% of deaths are elderly who are fully vax. 

this is quite concerning.

idk but i feel prevention is still the best policy. 

i'm all for another lockdown to bring the numbers down.

the first three days to me (I'm fully vax) were definitely way worse than normal flu.

not as mild as the main media makes it all out to be. 

but after that there is almost like a rebound effect where i started recovering rapidly.

i guess thats when the vax kicks in.

perhaps vax takes some time to take effect and these elderly cannot handle the initial few days.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:04 PM, Derren said:

37% is quite a worrying figure for long Covid. Why "must it be a fake report"?  As have been pointed out in an earlier post, the 10% figure for long covid is for pre-Delta variants. 

Seems like the Delta variant has more long-term effects. Wonder how serious these long-term symptoms are. 

If the figures suggest that the healthcare system will be overwhelmed, I see no reason not to accept that possibility. For example, if we were to reach 10,000 in the next 2-3 days, it is quite apparent from the data that the hospital beds + CTF + CCF will not be sufficient. 

But of course, you are the Expert. You can size up the entire situation just by reading online complaints. Apparently, you have no need for figures.

Those so-called "experts" with their fallible mathematical models, they are just plain idiots, what do they know in comparison to you? Or worse still, corrupt slaves! Wish you would stand out publicly and expose these bastards' ignorance/greed with your supreme "reason and logic".  

As what had been so correctly pointed out in the other posts: "We have set up more ‘hardware’ in our care facilities, but it is a constant challenge to find and deploy the ‘heartware’: our doctors, nurses and medical teams who keep our services running."

https://www.facebook.com/ongyekung/posts/410460900435989 

On 10/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Guest Guest said:

As what had been so correctly pointed out in the other posts: "We have set up more ‘hardware’ in our care facilities, but it is a constant challenge to find and deploy the ‘heartware’: our doctors, nurses and medical teams who keep our services running."

https://www.facebook.com/ongyekung/posts/410460900435989 

I agree totally that medical personnel is a crucial resource that has to be taken into consideration. But as I had explained in an earlier post, I do not have data on the number of medical personnel working in SG on covid and how many volunteer etc and hence am not able to make an estimate about that. 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, Derren said:

I agree totally that medical personnel is a crucial resource that has to be taken into consideration. But as I had explained in an earlier post, I do not have data on the number of medical personnel working in SG on covid and how many volunteer etc and hence am not able to make an estimate about that. 

Have Sense Quotes. QuotesGram

anyone here received the Health Risk Warning SMS from MOH find any discrepancies in the message? 

My brother who is autistic received a HRW message via my number (as I am the sole carer)  - upon calling the designated number given for queries, it was later revealed that the person taking calls and queries are ppl working from home.

how I know this? 

my first call was attended by a Chinese lady with very thick Chinese accent. 

with the recent MOH call scams going around - I had to ask her where is this place I'm calling from - and at the same time I heard a child screaming in the background then she immediately hang up the phone.

I was in shock thinking it was a scam. 

So I tried calling the second time round - this time on 1800-333-9999 and my call was directed to the HEALTH OPS TESTING (whatever that is) 

A guy picked up and he was pretty much aloof when I asked him the same question where is the place I'm calling from. 

his response to me was quite the "blur blur" kind with a lot of hesitation which later he revealed that he's from the Health Promotion Board and he's working from home (as they should) 

he was pretty much defensive and quite argumentative when I just need some proper verification. 

I mean if he's working and representing HPB, should he be responsive without hesitation? who are they? are they students working part time taking calls? 

so this happened to me. I just feel the whole experience got me losing confidence on the system not sure if all this is legit or just another possible scam. 

feel free to share any of your experience?

thanks 

On 10/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, greg01greg said:

anyone here received the Health Risk Warning SMS from MOH find any discrepancies in the message? 

My brother who is autistic received a HRW message via my number (as I am the sole carer)  - upon calling the designated number given for queries, it was later revealed that the person taking calls and queries are ppl working from home.

how I know this? 

my first call was attended by a Chinese lady with very thick Chinese accent. 

with the recent MOH call scams going around - I had to ask her where is this place I'm calling from - and at the same time I heard a child screaming in the background then she immediately hang up the phone.

I was in shock thinking it was a scam. 

So I tried calling the second time round - this time on 1800-333-9999 and my call was directed to the HEALTH OPS TESTING (whatever that is) 

A guy picked up and he was pretty much aloof when I asked him the same question where is the place I'm calling from. 

his response to me was quite the "blur blur" kind with a lot of hesitation which later he revealed that he's from the Health Promotion Board and he's working from home (as they should) 

he was pretty much defensive and quite argumentative when I just need some proper verification. 

I mean if he's working and representing HPB, should he be responsive without hesitation? who are they? are they students working part time taking calls? 

so this happened to me. I just feel the whole experience got me losing confidence on the system not sure if all this is legit or just another possible scam. 

feel free to share any of your experience?

thanks 

Maybe you can just go to the ART vending machine and see if you can withdraw out an ART Kit, since the https://www.gov.sg/article/health-risk-warning-and-health-risk-alert  website says that "To facilitate testing, the Ministry of Health (MOH) is deploying vending machines islandwide to distribute Antigen Rapid Test (ART) kits to those who receive a HRW or HRA SMS notification". 

Also, there is a paragraph below the website that say For those who receive a Health Risk Warning

• Required to take one entry Polymerase Chain Reactive (PCR) test, upon receiving notification, at a Swab and Send Home (SASH) clinic or make an appointment with these Private Practitioners at go.gov.sg/hrw-testing:
    • Fullerton Health Testing Centre
    • Raffles Hospital
    • Kingsway Medical Clinic
  • Self-isolate until negative PCR test result is received
  • Conduct ART on 3rd, 5th and 7th day from day of last exposure and submit results at go.gov.sg/hrw-hra-art
  • Take an exit PCR test on/after 8th day at the SASH clinic or Private Practitioner
  • If all these are complied with, the HRW period will end on 10th day" 

This is not the time to doubt the legitimacy of the SMS just because of the unprofessionalism of those people who answered your calls, since the website here https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/rsc/testing-for-persons-under-health-risk-warning-(hrw) says "The Ministry of Health requires Persons under Health Risk Warning (HRW) to undergo mandatory testing as stipulated in the HRW SMS, which includes both PCR test(s) and self-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART).

Under Section 21A of the IDA, you will be liable of an offence if you do not self-isolate yourself until the PCR test results are made known to you. Individuals who develop any COVID-19 symptoms should see their doctor immediately.

Remember the notorious "where's your badge?" woman who doubted the authenticity of the SDA? Look what happened to her? 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

Maybe you can just go to the ART vending machine and see if you can withdraw out an ART Kit, since the https://www.gov.sg/article/health-risk-warning-and-health-risk-alert  website says that "To facilitate testing, the Ministry of Health (MOH) is deploying vending machines islandwide to distribute Antigen Rapid Test (ART) kits to those who receive a HRW or HRA SMS notification". 

Also, there is a paragraph below the website that say For those who receive a Health Risk Warning

• Required to take one entry Polymerase Chain Reactive (PCR) test, upon receiving notification, at a Swab and Send Home (SASH) clinic or make an appointment with these Private Practitioners at go.gov.sg/hrw-testing:
    • Fullerton Health Testing Centre
    • Raffles Hospital
    • Kingsway Medical Clinic
  • Self-isolate until negative PCR test result is received
  • Conduct ART on 3rd, 5th and 7th day from day of last exposure and submit results at go.gov.sg/hrw-hra-art
  • Take an exit PCR test on/after 8th day at the SASH clinic or Private Practitioner
  • If all these are complied with, the HRW period will end on 10th day" 

This is not the time to doubt the legitimacy of the SMS just because of the unprofessionalism of those people who answered your calls, since the website here https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/rsc/testing-for-persons-under-health-risk-warning-(hrw) says "The Ministry of Health requires Persons under Health Risk Warning (HRW) to undergo mandatory testing as stipulated in the HRW SMS, which includes both PCR test(s) and self-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART).

Under Section 21A of the IDA, you will be liable of an offence if you do not self-isolate yourself until the PCR test results are made known to you. Individuals who develop any COVID-19 symptoms should see their doctor immediately.

Remember the notorious "where's your badge?" woman who doubted the authenticity of the SDA? Look what happened to her? 

this happened through a call - and would I know call agents were working from home? yes working from home is mandatory now but as member of public calling a govt insitution, my first instinct - I should not be hearing a child crying in the background or dogs barking, and all the more with a china accent.. I have received so many scam calls from china with an automated bot voice, I was suspicious... 
to compare this experience with the badge lady at MBS is totally different to what this is.

I have to make 3 calls and finally I had a proper call agent, he started introducing himself properly.

had I not tried calling again knowing after the first call thinking it was all along a scam - it could be a bigger issue with medical officers knocking on my door.  

so comparing my experience with the badge lady is totally different 

Edited by greg01greg

On 10/2/2021 at 6:01 AM, Derren said:

I am just estimating the number of daily infection cases if the death rate remains at 0.1%. 

At what point will hospital resources be overwhelmed? 

If the 1,600 ICU beds were the critical resource, going by the current 0.2% ICU rate, we can should be able to handle it even if daily infection cases reach 10,000. Hospital beds and community care facilities will be very strained. But how much will it affect the death rate? No data so far.

Really? "If the 1,600 ICU beds were the critical resource, going by the current 0.2% ICU rate, we can should be able to handle it even if daily infection cases reach 10,000."?? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/icu-bed-occupancy-rises-53-amid-exponential-rise-covid-19-cases-2219831

ICU bed occupancy rises to 53% amid 'exponential rise' in COVID-19 cases

Ad that article was from more than 2 days ago when the daily numbers have not even hit 3000 yet. And you still think that ""If the 1,600 ICU beds were the critical resource, going by the current 0.2% ICU rate, we can should be able to handle it even if daily infection cases reach 10,000."?? 

Are you so sure about it now?? 

On 10/7/2021 at 3:45 AM, Guest Guest said:

Really? "If the 1,600 ICU beds were the critical resource, going by the current 0.2% ICU rate, we can should be able to handle it even if daily infection cases reach 10,000."?? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/icu-bed-occupancy-rises-53-amid-exponential-rise-covid-19-cases-2219831

ICU bed occupancy rises to 53% amid 'exponential rise' in COVID-19 cases

Ad that article was from more than 2 days ago when the daily numbers have not even hit 3000 yet. And you still think that ""If the 1,600 ICU beds were the critical resource, going by the current 0.2% ICU rate, we can should be able to handle it even if daily infection cases reach 10,000."?? 

Are you so sure about it now?? 

OMG, this is so alarming!!  

More than 50% of ICU beds occupied even before we reach the peak of transmission!!!  

But wait, I just checked the figure, there are 37 patients as of today. So we have only about 70 ICU beds for a population of 5.6 million?? OMG. @%#^@&^@%

I thought OKY says we can go up to 1600 ICU beds if necessary !@#$$%%.  Wait again, did OKY confuse ICU beds with hospital beds? Or is it because hospital beds can be converted to ICU wards when necessary? *shrug* 

In any case, if the ICU rate remains at 0.2%, then 70 ICU beds can still be sufficient for 35,000 which comes to 5,000 patients a day for a week. But of course, as Guest Guest has wisely concluded from his survey of online complaints, the ICU rate must be far higher than that. So is MOH lying to us about the current ICU rate of 0.2%?  !@$#%@^!#@^

ps: Please note that I didn't say the ICU rate will always remain at 0.2%; just in case some supremely intelligent readers/posters overflowing with common sense accuse me of doing so. I can only go by the current numbers that MOH provides. My lowly education sans common sense doesn't allow me to pluck figures from thin air.

Edited by Derren

On 10/7/2021 at 11:27 PM, Derren said:

More than 50% of ICU beds occupied even before we reach the peak of transmission!!!  

But wait, I just checked the figure, there are 37 patients as of today. So we have only about 70 ICU beds for a population of 5.6 million?? OMG. @%#^@&^@%

I thought OKY says we can go up to 1600 ICU beds if necessary !@#$$%%.  Wait again, did OKY confuse ICU beds with hospital beds? Or is it because hospital beds can be converted to ICU wards when necessary? *shrug* 

In any case, if the ICU rate remains at 0.2%, then 70 ICU beds can still be sufficient for 35,000 which comes to 5,000 patients a day for a week. But of course, as Guest Guest has wisely concluded from his survey of online complaints, the ICU rate must be far higher than that. So is MOH lying to us about the current ICU rate of 0.2%?  !@$#%@^!#@^

ps: Please note that I didn't say the ICU rate will always remain at 0.2%; just in case some supremely intelligent readers/posters overflowing with common sense accuse me of doing so. I can only go by the current numbers that MOH provides. My lowly education sans common sense doesn't allow me to pluck figures from thin air.

Got problem with the numbers? Go take it up with either MOH or CNA. 

Got problem with your intelligence? Go take it up with your parents, your teachers, or yourself for your own laziness. 

Don't even know who to assign your blame on and just come here to argue argue argue? Really ...?

Stupidity GIFs | Tenor

On 10/8/2021 at 10:44 AM, Guest Guest said:

Got problem with your intelligence? Go take it up with your parents, your teachers, or yourself for your own laziness. 

Don't even know who to assign your blame on and just come here to argue argue argue? Really ...?

Stupidity GIFs | Tenor

Hahaha, ah I see, the issue always lies elsewhere or with someone else; that's Supreme Intelligence indeed! Everyone is labelled stupid if they have differing views with your brand of "logic and reason" . How brilliant!  Not to mention the charming way you curse a poster's family members to their deaths. Such elegant dialectics!

Your parents and teachers have certainly brought you up very well. Finest pedigree! 

Edited by Derren

Not scaring anyone. Just FYI....

SIDE EFFECTS FYI.....
'Covid toes' https://youtu.be/wQH40UydmWM   (watch in case, it gets deleted or censored by Big Tech)

https://covidskinsigns.com/

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/bjd.20707

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:44 AM, Guest Guest said:

Stupidity GIFs | Tenor

your posts are the reason this discussion keeps getting derailed. You have nothing to offer other than panicking, insults and shit stirring.

to protect yourself from COVID, you would be better to stop posting here, you might end up catching it from your keyboard or screen. Let the grown ups discuss in peace please. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:27 PM, Derren said:

On 10/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, Derren said:

Hahaha, ah I see, the issue always lies elsewhere or with someone else; that's Supreme Intelligence indeed! Everyone is labelled stupid if they have differing views with your brand of "logic and reason" . How brilliant!  Not to mention the charming way you curse a poster's family members to their deaths. Such elegant dialectics!

Your parents and teachers have certainly brought you up very well. Finest pedigree! 

Guest guest doesn’t really know or understand what they are quoting. The only thing they are sure of is that they are absolutely against everything. No point to argue with them, they can’t process information very well. But they are great when you need a Toy Story gif! 😂 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:56 PM, Guest Wtf said:

your posts are the reason this discussion keeps getting derailed. You have nothing to offer other than panicking, insults and shit stirring.

to protect yourself from COVID, you would be better to stop posting here, you might end up catching it from your keyboard or screen. Let the grown ups discuss in peace please. 

Please stop your ad hominem attacks when you can't win arguments. Shut your cheebye mouth!

Guest Common sense

I hope people realize there are many other diseases beside COVID that can kill. I am more afraid of catching Dengue than COVID, cos I am vaccinated against COVID but there is no vaccine for dengue. I have heard of and also have a friend whose nephew passed on from dengue few years back. But no one is talking about locking down the affected neighborhood and quarantine those affected. 
Long COVID can be debilitating but what about long term effect from shutting down the economy? Already report out that the suicide rate for last year is one of the highest. 
Gradual opening up the country is definitely the way forward. COVID is not going away any time soon. Pls get vaccinated. And stop fear mongering

On 10/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, Guest Common sense said:

I hope people realize there are many other diseases beside COVID that can kill. I am more afraid of catching Dengue than COVID, cos I am vaccinated against COVID but there is no vaccine for dengue. I have heard of and also have a friend whose nephew passed on from dengue few years back. But no one is talking about locking down the affected neighborhood and quarantine those affected. 
Long COVID can be debilitating but what about long term effect from shutting down the economy? Already report out that the suicide rate for last year is one of the highest. 
Gradual opening up the country is definitely the way forward. COVID is not going away any time soon. Pls get vaccinated. And stop fear mongering

Is dengue as widespread as COVID? Singapore had 35k dengue cases whole of last year. Compare this to 35k covid cases just last month. How to compare? 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, Derren said:

If the numbers were reported by MOH and CNA, why should anyone else be answering on your questions of the numbers? 

If it is your brain that is not functioning, why should anyone else account for it except for your parents, your teachers and yourself? 

As for cursing poster's family to death, it is just a matter of him reaping what he sowed. If the re-opening of the economy is going to be done at the expense of anybody's deaths, why should the deaths occur in anybody's else family except for those who are pushing for the economy to be reopened? 

Supreme logic is not needed for such things. Common sense will suffice.  

On 10/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, Guest Common sense said:

Dengue cannot be spread directly from person to person. However, a person infected and suffering from dengue fever can infect other mosquitoes. So quarantine mosquitoes and ask them observe social distancing?

The key is gradual opening but we are in a hurry,  would like to see how Taiwan and HK eventually open up and if they face the problem that we are facing now. 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:01 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Dengue cannot be spread directly from person to person. However, a person infected and suffering from dengue fever can infect other mosquitoes. So quarantine mosquitoes and ask them observe social distancing?

The key is gradual opening but we are in a hurry,  would like to see how Taiwan and HK eventually open up and if they face the problem that we are facing now. 

Right now, at least with the most virulent virus still the Delta variant, the  least they could have done was to keep to the heightened alert levels until as many of those old folks as possible and those above 50 years old have gone for their booster shots. But nooooooo.... Money is more important than human lives, so every single one of those multimillionaire Ministers start rushing to reopen the economy, and not a single one of those multimillionaire Ministers could have bothered to think about delaying it a bit.

And in the meantime, keep the foreigners in quarantine for as long as possible, so that no more new variants get past the airport gateways. But instead, they decided to shorten the quarantine period.

And yet somebody here was challenging others to come up with a better solution, when such a simple one is sitting right under their noses all the time.

I should be earning those million dollars every year.

Guest Second Dat !!
On 10/8/2021 at 5:56 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I have to agree. Lol. 😁👍

On 10/9/2021 at 12:24 AM, Guest Second Dat !! said:

I have to agree. Lol. 😁👍

People who can agree to those dumb posts can only be the ones who think nothing of other people dying for the sake of their own money. Be careful, cos Karma is watching.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid19-new-cases-deaths-singapore-oct-8-moh-2230506

6 more COVID-19 deaths in Singapore; new cases above 3,000 for fourth straight day

SINGAPORE: New COVID-19 cases in Singapore have stayed above the 3,000 mark for the fourth day in a row on Friday (Oct 8), with six more deaths from complications due to the virus.

The fatalities comprise three men and three women, aged between 67 and 93 years. Two were unvaccinated against COVID-19, three were partially vaccinated and one was fully vaccinated. 

Five of them had various underlying medical conditions while a partially vaccinated case had no known medical conditions.

This takes Singapore's death toll from the coronavirus to 142.

A total of 3,590 new infections have been reported as of noon on Friday,an increase from the 3,483 cases on Thursday.

..... death even though the person had no underlying medical conditions?

More long covid symptoms discovered.

https://localnews8.com/health/coronavirus/2021/10/08/doctors-warn-of-possible-rise-of-debilitating-nervous-system-disorder-in-patients-with-long-covid-19-2/

Doctors warn of possible rise of debilitating nervous-system disorder in patients with long COVID-19

TORONTO (CTV Network) — Doctors are warning of the possibility of a surge in cases of a debilitating nervous-system disorder that may be associated with long COVID-19. 

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a form of dysautonomia, which is an umbrella term used to describe several medical conditions that cause the autonomic nervous system to malfunction. The autonomic nervous system controls the body’s “automatic” functions, such as heart rate, blood pressure, digestion, kidney function, and temperature control.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:07 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Guest guest doesn’t really know or understand what they are quoting. The only thing they are sure of is that they are absolutely against everything. No point to argue with them, they can’t process information very well. But they are great when you need a Toy Story gif! 😂 

Advice taken with thanks. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, Guest Guest said:

Wonder what the PM speech later @ noon will be like. 🤔 He said no more heightened alerts liao … 

assure everyone will be well taken care of and we are on the right track to show the world how to live with covid. Those haven't vaccinated go and get the jab and those vaccinated elderly stay at home. Thanks all medical staff for their committment and hard work. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 10/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, Guest Guest said:

Wonder what the PM speech later @ noon will be like. 🤔 He said no more heightened alerts liao … 

open up further

On 10/9/2021 at 11:03 AM, Guest Guest said:

open up further

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/spore-to-allow-quarantine-free-travel-to-9-more-countries-including-us-uk

Desperate liao,  cannot wait anymore. Hope these people coming here know is table for two,  wear mask throughout, otherwise can check in changi chalet. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 10/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Highlights of the speech:

"Respect covid.... Sooner or later, every one of us will meet the virus" 

Wow "RESPECT" ah ... 😳😱🙌

On 10/6/2021 at 12:12 AM, 30yochinese said:

thanks for sharing, i tested positive for covid on 4-9-2021, sorry i copied-and-paste your writings...

1) my initial symptoms was bad, basically i had a sore throat that WOULD NEVER GO AWAY.
Same as you:

- my symptoms for 5 days was worse than a normal flu.

2) TRAUMA happened, coz i infected my Dad > & coz my Mom's immunity is stronger than the 2 men in the same household, so MOH sent her to Quarantine for 11 days at Festive Hotel at Sentosa. MOH would not let her serve Quarantine at home on 4-9-2021, when Dad & me tested positive for covid, coz back then the default was doing it at a Gahmen-facility.

3) The symptoms i had for 7 days, cleared up BECAUSE OF THE PFIZER VACCINATION i received in July( Early & Late July).

as a Singapore Citizen, thank u Singapore Government for saving my life!!! i owe you one.

If you are under 60, fully vaccinated and with no underlying medical issues, you shouldn't be worried.  The reason why you had symptoms - from my perspective, was because your second dose of the vaccine was completed only in late July and did not give you the full protection.  It will take a few weeks for the vaccine to take effect.

Unfortunately, you caught the virus in August.

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 10/9/2021 at 2:15 PM, lonelyglobe said:

This hit the last nail on the coffin.  Either died of Covid or died of isolation.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.