Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

Also the Zaobao article does not make any reference to VTL. 

=> you can't blame it on VTL when there is no data available that all or most of these Omicron cases travelled on VTL to Singapore. 

As I correctly corrected, the passengers could have arrived with non VTL flights!

On 12/15/2021 at 12:00 AM, singalion said:

Who has reading problems is obvious certainly not me. 

Did someone link these cases to the VTL or not?

Go and brawl with someone else...

And I don't think the post was made from the real Guest WTF...

On 12/15/2021 at 12:06 AM, singalion said:

Also the Zaobao article does not make any reference to VTL. 

=> you can't blame it on VTL when there is no data available that all or most of these Omicron cases travelled on VTL to Singapore. 

As I correctly corrected, the passengers could have arrived with non VTL flights!

Look at what you wrote below: 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:49 PM, singalion said:
On 12/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, lonelyglobe said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/spore-preparing-for-omicron-wave-will-expand-vaccination-differentiated-rules-to

Correction,  is 16 omicron case,  14 imported and 2 airport staff, dont know since when the figure just quietly jump out,  dont seem to have so many reported on the news, looks like this VTL - very transmissible lane really very power. 

regret to correct you:

The news did not say that the 16 cases were all from VTL flights/Malaysia VTL buses.

Nobody said the "16 cases were all from VTL flights/ Malaysia VTL buses", so what is there to "correctly correct"? You really do have something wrong in your head. You were trying to correct some weird self-created mistake existing only in your own imagination. Do you also talk to yourself or hear voices in your head sometimes as well? it really seems that the reasoning centers in your brain have some serious difficulties. 

And by the way, what is a "real" Guest WTF? You just provided evidence to everyone that something is seriously wrong in your head, when you can believe that any virtual online persona can be "real".  

As said, get prepared...

Singapore mulls COVID-19 boosters requirement to qualify as 'fully' vaccinated

15 Dec 2021 Reuters

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore is considering requiring its residents to get a booster shot to qualify as fully vaccinated against COVID-19, its health minister said on Tuesday, as it seeks to protect its population from the Omicron variant.

The city-state of 5.5 million people currently allows only those counted as fully vaccinated - or recipients of two shots - to enter malls or dine in at restaurants or at hawker stalls.

From Jan. 1 it will bar unvaccinated employees from entering workplaces, unless they undergo tests each time.

So far, 87% of Singapore residents have received at least two shots and 31% have had a booster.

The Omicron variant, reported in more than 60 countries, poses a "very high" global risk, with some evidence that it evades vaccine protection, but clinical data on its severity is limited, according to the World Health Organization.

"This is a clear signal that we all need to take our boosters, because with waning protection, full vaccination status cannot last perpetually," Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said during a media briefing, announcing the booster plans.

Singapore reported 339 new coronavirus cases on Monday, the fewest since early September. It has so far recorded 16 Omicron variant cases, all but two of which were imported.

The health ministry said it will allow up to 50% of workers, currently working from home, to return to their offices from Jan. 1.

PM Lee: S’pore not ‘out of the woods’ yet in its COVID-19 journey, but beginning to see ‘encouraging signs’

Singapore — On Monday (Dec 13), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that Singapore was beginning to see “encouraging signs” in its Covid-19 journey, though it’s not out of the woods just yet.

Speaking at Jurong Spring Community Club during the launch of the S$130 million Community Development Councils (CDCs) voucher scheme, Mr Lee said that the recent surge in Covid-19 infections is subsiding.

“We have protected our healthcare system and kept fatalities low,” he said, adding that the country was now preparing for the Omicron variant.

A key strategy in Singapore’s fight against the virus is booster shots.

“We are not yet out of the woods, but we are confident that we can cope with Omicron, because with vaccinations and boosters, we are in a much stronger position today to deal with Covid-19,” said Mr Lee.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, lonelyglobe said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/spore-preparing-for-omicron-wave-will-expand-vaccination-differentiated-rules-to Correction,  is 16 omicron case,  14 imported and 2 airport staff, dont know since when the figure just quietly jump out,  dont seem to have so many reported on the news, looks like this VTL - very transmissible lane really very power. 

Then nobody linked the 16/14 Omicron cases to VTL?

Nobody alluded that the Omicron cases are from VTL flights???

My eyesight seems to get worse...

But it is good to know that some people here, who press the Submit Reply button are just virtual and not real persons, which means brainless bots have taken over BW... 😂

On a note to lonelyglobe: My initial post was just to highlight that you cannot link the Omicron cases to VTL so easily, as we do not have knowledge if the persons had been travelling with VTL.
Nothing against you in person, okie!

Edited by singalion

I think that there is a fundamental problem with the public's attitude towards handling the pandemic, as well as the government's want to open up the economy for the major retail season of the year. Let's just hope that Omicron proves to produce only mild symptoms (although people have already died of it), else it is gonna be worse than the backtrack that was with Delta.

Слава Україні!

No one enjoys going for jabs, let alone every few months. However, consider that a consequence of our inability to keep to quarantine and safe distancing protocols, as well as getting everyone vaccinated.

The more people who get infected by COVID-19, the more likely that a new variant will emerge. If an infected person is also carrying other viruses, then there is even a likelihood of the swapping of genomes. This is a fact of viruses and their replication.

Слава Україні!

On 12/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, Guest Jab jab jab said:

Jab after jab. There must be a better way.

Everytime new virus , must jab. Siao

On 12/15/2021 at 8:49 PM, Guest Do You said:

Why do you enjoy going for jabs every few months?

what do you propose as the alternative? Voodoo? Good vibes? Prayers? Magic beans? 

You should be grateful to live in a world that can so quickly develop medical technology like vaccines to protect the most vulnerable in society. Who cares if you have to go every month, week or day if that’s what it takes to get the pandemic over and done with. 

rather than meaning, tell us what you would recommend doing instead. 

This pandemic has taught me that too many people in this world want the cake and eat it as well. They know that there is a deadly virus around, but don't want to wear masks or adhere to safe-distancing protocols. Yet, when there is outbreak, they blame the authorities...🙄

Слава Україні!

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Guest Wtf said:

what do you propose as the alternative? Voodoo? Good vibes? Prayers? Magic beans? 

You should be grateful to live in a world that can so quickly develop medical technology like vaccines to protect the most vulnerable in society. Who cares if you have to go every month, week or day if that’s what it takes to get the pandemic over and done with. 

rather than meaning, tell us what you would recommend doing instead. 

I suppose you think the current situation is hunky dory, where people worldwide are held to ransom to get vaccinated. If the vaccine really protects, then we should be able to live like pre covid times. Fact that it offers little protection. Since you have to mask up, safe distance.  So what is the point?

Someone mentioned that Omnicron was started by the vaccinated becuase only they can travel.

Have you done your research? The inventor of mRna has this to say:

https://www.tremeritus.net/2021/12/14/before-your-child-is-injected-watch-dr-robert-malone’s-statement-on-child-covid-19-vaccinations/

I'm willing to work with you to come up with a solution. But I'm no doctor or scientist.

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, sgmaven said:

This pandemic has taught me that too many people in this world want the cake and eat it as well. They know that there is a deadly virus around, but don't want to wear masks or adhere to safe-distancing protocols. Yet, when there is outbreak, they blame the authorities...🙄

Too many are robbed of their careers and livelihoods. Of course they want their lives back. 

Even restaurant operators are tired of the ever changing goalposts. 

I think the covid measures are rather excessive. You enter a mall, check. You enter a shop in the mall. check again. If one wasn't vaccinated, he/she cannot enter at all right?

On 12/15/2021 at 9:25 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

I think the covid measures are rather excessive. You enter a mall, check. You enter a shop in the mall. check again. If one wasn't vaccinated, he/she cannot enter at all right?

You are wrong. The government tried to ban all unvaccinated people from entering the malls, but had to relent. Now, if you are unvaccinated, but work in the mall, or are going to a childcare or clinic in that mall, you are still granted entry...

Слава Україні!

On 12/15/2021 at 9:25 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Too many are robbed of their careers and livelihoods. Of course they want their lives back. 

Even restaurant operators are tired of the ever changing goalposts.

Ever heard the story of the mouse and the cheese that was moved?

Слава Україні!

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/15/2021 at 9:47 PM, sgmaven said:

You are wrong. The government tried to ban all unvaccinated people from entering the malls, but had to relent. Now, if you are unvaccinated, but work in the mall, or are going to a childcare or clinic in that mall, you are still granted entry...

Just flip flop again. All the inconsistencies and differing treatments. But the unvax have to take PET right.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, sgmaven said:

Ever heard the story of the mouse and the cheese that was moved?

Yeah but they don't mean it in the way you do. YOU ARE SO WRONG. 

On 12/15/2021 at 9:54 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Yeah but they don't mean it in the way you do. YOU ARE SO WRONG. 

I am not referring to the government, but what is happening at large. The situation with the pandemic has affected people all over the world. To expect Singaporeans to be totally insulated from such impacts is far-fetched to say the least.

Слава Україні!

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/15/2021 at 9:57 PM, sgmaven said:

I am not referring to the government, but what is happening at large. The situation with the pandemic has affected people all over the world. To expect Singaporeans to be totally insulated from such impacts is far-fetched to say the least.

Agree we aren't insulated or isolated. And only silly people expect the govt to shield them from a virus that's airborne. But since we can exercise with masks off, the virus is quite beneign right?

Borrow your cheesy idea again. If other people keep moving your cheese at your expense, what are you going to do?

On 12/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

I suppose you think the current situation is hunky dory, where people worldwide are held to ransom to get vaccinated. If the vaccine really protects, then we should be able to live like pre covid times. Fact that it offers little protection. Since you have to mask up, safe distance.  So what is the point?

Someone mentioned that Omnicron was started by the vaccinated becuase only they can travel.

Have you done your research? The inventor of mRna has this to say:

https://www.tremeritus.net/2021/12/14/before-your-child-is-injected-watch-dr-robert-malone’s-statement-on-child-covid-19-vaccinations/

I'm willing to work with you to come up with a solution. But I'm no doctor or scientist.

Please do your research, Robert Malone is not the inventor of mRNA. See here for more about him: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

I don’t think the current situation is hunky dory. I think the current restrictions here are excessive. I think if you can get vaccinated, you should. I think mask wearing outdoors is utterly ridiculous and the quicker we actually move to endemic living with Covid overall, the better. It’s proven beyond doubt that the vaccine protects against serious illness and death and this is why it will be key to endemic living, whenever that finally happens. 

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Please do your research, Robert Malone is not the inventor of mRNA. See here for more about him: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

I don’t think the current situation is hunky dory. I think the current restrictions here are excessive. I think if you can get vaccinated, you should. I think mask wearing outdoors is utterly ridiculous and the quicker we actually move to endemic living with Covid overall, the better. It’s proven beyond doubt that the vaccine protects against serious illness and death and this is why it will be key to endemic living, whenever that finally happens. 

No offence but If the vaccine protects against serious illness and death, why are people dying everyday? Can check daily reports on Mothership.sg

Do you honestly believe that even if you complete 100 jabs, they'll say :"congrats we made it through the wilderness."?

No lah, somehow some new virus will be born, just like Delta and Omnicron. And then you'll be going to the jab center again. My gut feel this will be the new normal. And I dread to think, neverending.  Touch wood first. I hope all these viruses get eradicated.

Way things are going, you live according to their terms. Do you want to have orgies freely without masks? Don't you want to meet your friends without govts telling you what group size? Do you want to be able to work, without govts threatening you no jab no job? 

The whole vaccination thing started off as voluntary then became draconian.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:08 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Agree we aren't insulated or isolated. And only silly people expect the govt to shield them from a virus that's airborne. But since we can exercise with masks off, the virus is quite beneign right?

That's where you are again mistaken. The government allows for exercise with masks off, as an offset that you probably have more difficulty breathing with a mask when doing strenuous exercise. Also, the exercise is meant to be when you are out an about running, for example. Out in the open, the virus is more easily dissipated, and if you are running, you are unlikely to be in the same position for long. Hence, the theoretical amount of virus one should get into contact with, should be small, if any. Unfortunately, many people take "exercise" to be a slow stroll...

On 12/15/2021 at 10:08 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Borrow your cheesy idea again. If other people keep moving your cheese at your expense, what are you going to do?

If they keep moving the cheese, you react to the moving cheese. Can't be that you don't react, and expect the cheese to be in the original position, can it?

Слава Україні!

Robert Malone thinks too highly of himself, claiming to the inventor of mRNA technology. I would ask anyone interested to read A network analysis of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine patents published on the journal Nature Biotechnology. You will realise that Malone was only a grad student when he was part of a team that developed the idea of using mRNA to code for proteins. That was in the 1980s. Many things have happened since, to enable mRNA technology to be used in vaccines, as evidenced by the abundance of patents in the landscape (also shown in the article).

If you choose to believe Malone, then you might as well skip the vaccine and use hydroxychloroquine or some other medication that he champions the use of...

Слава Україні!

On 12/15/2021 at 10:39 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

No offence but If the vaccine protects against serious illness and death, why are people dying everyday? Can check daily reports on Mothership.sg

The vaccines are not 100% efficacious. However, it does help to protect the vaccinated from serious illness/death. If you look at the daily deaths, many of them have co-morbidities that either impact the ability of the immune function, or make symptoms more acute. Whatever it is, if you look at the real statistical analysis (ie. number of unvaccinated deaths divided by number of unvaccinated people; compared with number of fully-vaccinated deaths divided by number of fully-vaccinated people), you will see the effect that the vaccine has on protecting people against death.

Слава Україні!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/changi-airport-staff-couple-who-dined-at-4-restaurants-in-orchard-and-scotts-road

Very rich,  2 day 4 restaurants, for the rich ones here,  check if you happen to be there that day. 

A 3 day quarantine would have easily catch him and stop community spread. How did the luggage man even kena? Not the best time to go airport for shopping or makan.  

So total omicron is 16 + 3, must help MOH to monitor. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 12/15/2021 at 10:39 PM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

No offence but If the vaccine protects against serious illness and death, why are people dying everyday?

If chemotherapy helps, why are people who have gone through chemo still dying with cancer??

This is the logic of your post.

The latest data says:

2 vaccinations help to reduce the serious illness from Omicron or death by 75%.

after booster the reduction is 95%

Did you ever make an effort to check what people are dying?

Those unvaccinated and those with medical conditions (diabetes, heart issues, immunisations etc).

Those vaccinated (and for Omicron) boostered might get the virus but will only suffer mild illness and recover after some days.

To return to pre-Covid regulations the risk for people to die must be minimised.

And the way to this is vaccination.

Those people who refuse the vaccinations are acting irrational and don't show common sense and community spirit...

While I understand some fears in vaccinations but let's be honest: How many people died from the vaccination or side effects?

But now compare this with people who died from Covid.

One favour you could do the society: Don't spread negative messages that keep people from getting vaccinated.

This won't help to get out of this cycle...

Guest Polarlingiam
On 12/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, sgmaven said:

The vaccines are not 100% efficacious. However, it does help to protect the vaccinated from serious illness/death. If you look at the daily deaths, many of them have co-morbidities that either impact the ability of the immune function, or make symptoms more acute. Whatever it is, if you look at the real statistical analysis (ie. number of unvaccinated deaths divided by number of unvaccinated people; compared with number of fully-vaccinated deaths divided by number of fully-vaccinated people), you will see the effect that the vaccine has on protecting people against death.

The number of deaths in SG and US in 2021 were more than in 2020. In 2020, there were no vaccines, but there were vaccines in 2021. How do we explain this phenomenon? 

Guest Jab jab jab
On 12/15/2021 at 11:06 PM, sgmaven said:

That's where you are again mistaken. The government allows for exercise with masks off, as an offset that you probably have more difficulty breathing with a mask when doing strenuous exercise. Also, the exercise is meant to be when you are out an about running, for example. Out in the open, the virus is more easily dissipated, and if you are running, you are unlikely to be in the same position for long. Hence, the theoretical amount of virus one should get into contact with, should be small, if any. Unfortunately, many people take "exercise" to be a slow stroll...

If they keep moving the cheese, you react to the moving cheese. Can't be that you don't react, and expect the cheese to be in the original position, can it?

My point is , mask off during exercise you take on more air, more danger.

You are not answering my question how do you react to your cheese being moved constantly

Move with it?

Guest Jab jab jab
On 12/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, sgmaven said:

Robert Malone thinks too highly of himself, claiming to the inventor of mRNA technology. I would ask anyone interested to read A network analysis of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine patents published on the journal Nature Biotechnology. You will realise that Malone was only a grad student when he was part of a team that developed the idea of using mRNA to code for proteins. That was in the 1980s. Many things have happened since, to enable mRNA technology to be used in vaccines, as evidenced by the abundance of patents in the landscape (also shown in the article).

If you choose to believe Malone, then you might as well skip the vaccine and use hydroxychloroquine or some other medication that he champions the use of...

Quite right. It comes down to who you'll believe. 

What I read is that both vaccinated and non vaccinated are part of daily death figures

On 12/16/2021 at 12:42 AM, Guest Polarlingiam said:

The number of deaths in SG and US in 2021 were more than in 2020. In 2020, there were no vaccines, but there were vaccines in 2021. How do we explain this phenomenon? 

You forget to factor in the impact of Delta, which has infected many more than the wild strain of the virus. It has also led to many more deaths.

Слава Україні!

On 12/16/2021 at 4:09 AM, Guest Jab jab jab said:

My point is , mask off during exercise you take on more air, more danger.

You are not answering my question how do you react to your cheese being moved constantly

Move with it?

To be frank, I wear my mask when I am brisk walking in the parks and park connectors. The provision for maskless exercising does not mean that the risk of contracting COVID during exercise is non-existent.

As for the cheesy question, yes, move with the cheese. New situation, new reaction. New variant, new set of precautions.

Слава Україні!

On 12/16/2021 at 4:17 AM, Guest Jab jab jab said:

What I read is that both vaccinated and non vaccinated are part of daily death figures

I hope that you are not a statistics-major... Because your understanding of statistics is a bit wanting.

Слава Україні!

On 12/16/2021 at 4:17 AM, Guest Jab jab jab said:

Wearing seat-belts while riding in cars can reduce the chance of death and serious injury. Yet, each year, there are deaths of motorists and passengers who wear seat-belts. Does that mean you do not believe in using seat-belts?

This is the exact analogy with vaccines. They are not 100% fool-proof. If you are morbidly overweight, and have high cholesterol and blood pressure, you are likely to have problems if you get COVID, whether you are vaccinated or not. That said, the jab still reduces the chance of you getting COVID.

Слава Україні!

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/16/2021 at 4:32 AM, sgmaven said:

I hope that you are not a statistics-major... Because your understanding of statistics is a bit wanting.

Don't need to be a statistician or even a genius to figure out that domething doesn't add up. :)

On 12/16/2021 at 4:43 AM, sgmaven said:

Wearing seat-belts while riding in cars can reduce the chance of death and serious injury. Yet, each year, there are deaths of motorists and passengers who wear seat-belts. Does that mean you do not believe in using seat-belts?

This is the exact analogy with vaccines. They are not 100% fool-proof. If you are morbidly overweight, and have high cholesterol and blood pressure, you are likely to have problems if you get COVID, whether you are vaccinated or not. That said, the jab still reduces the chance of you getting COVID.

Difference between seat belts and vaccines are that vaccines are in the experimental stage and people are the lab rats.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:43 AM, sgmaven said:

Using the same seat belt analogy, wearing seat-belts while riding in cars can indeed reduce the chance of death and serious injury. Similarly, going for vaccination can also reduce the chance of death and hospitalization when infected with COVID. 

However, what is really stupid right now is for people to think that wearing seat belt will allow them to go speed along the highway. Similarly, the government was really stupid to think that getting the population vaccinated is a good excuse to re-open the economy, when in fact this is a completely reckless act. 

By giving the virus the chance to infect the vaccinated on a large scale, it is basically giving the virus the chance to evolve into one which can counter whatever new vaccine that has been developed.  Both vaccination and the closure of the economy needs to be done in conjunction together, so that the virus not only gets eliminated through vaccination, but also at the same time, is not given the chance to evolve by infecting so many vaccinated people.

So yes, human beings are the lab rats. But human beings, especially the endemic-living vaccinated ones,  are the lab rats for the virus, and lesser that of the biotech companies.

And yes, Singapore squandered away its chances of getting the situation under control with the reopening of the economy, all because some people thought the vaccination will make the country invincible.

And yes, the country will be facing a never ending cycle of jab jab jab forever if the endemic living continues.   

So much for endemic living by the South Koreans.... 

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/coronavirus-south-korea-coronavirus-south-korea-covid-south-korea-may-tighten-covid-curbs-as-new-cases-climb-to-record-high-2652261

South Korea May Tighten Covid Curbs As New Cases Climb To Record High

... and I guess Singapore is gaining notoriety to be a COVID-infesnation now. LOL! 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/italy-bans-leisure-travel-singapore-31-january-010605377.html

Italy bans leisure travel from Singapore until 31 January

On 12/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

Using the same seat belt analogy, wearing seat-belts while riding in cars can indeed reduce the chance of death and serious injury. Similarly, going for vaccination can also reduce the chance of death and hospitalization when infected with COVID. 

However, what is really stupid right now is for people to think that wearing seat belt will allow them to go speed along the highway. Similarly, the government was really stupid to think that getting the population vaccinated is a good excuse to re-open the economy, when in fact this is a completely reckless act. 

By giving the virus the chance to infect the vaccinated on a large scale, it is basically giving the virus the chance to evolve into one which can counter whatever new vaccine that has been developed.  Both vaccination and the closure of the economy needs to be done in conjunction together, so that the virus not only gets eliminated through vaccination, but also at the same time, is not given the chance to evolve by infecting so many vaccinated people.

So yes, human beings are the lab rats. But human beings, especially the endemic-living vaccinated ones,  are the lab rats for the virus, and lesser that of the biotech companies.

And yes, Singapore squandered away its chances of getting the situation under control with the reopening of the economy, all because some people thought the vaccination will make the country invincible.

And yes, the country will be facing a never ending cycle of jab jab jab forever if the endemic living continues.   

You have any sources for your claims?

Variants are actually more likely developing because of unvaccinated:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/unvaccinated-people-are-increasing-the-chances-for-more-coronavirus-variants-heres-how

On 12/16/2021 at 11:01 AM, Guest Wtf said:

You have any sources for your claims?

Variants are actually more likely developing because of unvaccinated:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/unvaccinated-people-are-increasing-the-chances-for-more-coronavirus-variants-heres-how

By the way, that article should be a super old one, if it was still talking about some " Epsilon variant".

And sure, the previous variants developed because the unvaccinated were running around loose, by living their lives endemic-style. But using the same concept, as time goes on, even the new variants will continue to develop because the vaccinated are the ones running around loose, by living their lives endemic-style. 

Look at this:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/south-korea-covid-19-vaccine-booster-elderly-interval-reduced-2319706

"More than 90 per cent of South Korean adults have been vaccinated, but breakthrough infections have been growing among elderly people, straining the medical system."

With Singapore pushing forward on the booster shot, there is a small chance that the new Omicron virus variant can be fought back and kept in check for a short period of time. But as long as the Omicron is allowed to spread with such endemic-living, it will just be a matter of time that another new variant evolves to create another new wave, and potentially one that is deadlier and/or more transmissible. 

This is just plain simple common sense. And .... 

Willard Van Orman Quine quote: Science is not a substitute for common sense,  but an...

Guest Jab Jab Jab
On 12/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Guest Wtf said:

thank you for showing your true colours and that you so far down a rabbit hole that it is utterly pointless to discuss this with you on an online forum. 

Why so much angst? This is a forum to discuss. Just because your views are different does not make you bad.

Don't we all love holes (not rabbits')? Going far down is our aim. LOL

Guest Sdollar
On 12/16/2021 at 6:58 AM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

I was thinking that the Covid situation is a great excuse to:

1) Strip people of their human rights and liberty to life.

2) Divide and conquer. eg Vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

3) Have people live in fear, anxiety and misery so they will give you a blank cheque to do whatever you want to end the current situation.

4) Incinvenience people with all sorts of ridiculous restrictions.

5) People HAVE to live the way you see fit.

6) Impose invasive surveillance technology so that everyone is being watched and tracked. Hello Melville, you'll love this. That is if you are still alive. 

7) Instill fear, paranoia and distrust among people. eg "oh no, I better avoid people as anybody could be infected."

8. Make people do things they don't want to do.

9) Create a need for dictatorships. Eg there's an enemy out there. We need your unequivocal supoort to fight this. We cannot have dissent. We must be one. All or nothing.

10)  Prepare for a New World Order.

You have described CCP China to a T.

Bravo.

Hmmmm, is that why wuhan virus started there.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, Guest Guest said:

By the way, that article should be a super old one, if it was still talking about some " Epsilon variant".

And sure, the previous variants developed because the unvaccinated were running around loose, by living their lives endemic-style. But using the same concept, as time goes on, even the new variants will continue to develop because the vaccinated are the ones running around loose, by living their lives endemic-style. 

Look at this:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/south-korea-covid-19-vaccine-booster-elderly-interval-reduced-2319706

"More than 90 per cent of South Korean adults have been vaccinated, but breakthrough infections have been growing among elderly people, straining the medical system."

With Singapore pushing forward on the booster shot, there is a small chance that the new Omicron virus variant can be fought back and kept in check for a short period of time. But as long as the Omicron is allowed to spread with such endemic-living, it will just be a matter of time that another new variant evolves to create another new wave, and potentially one that is deadlier and/or more transmissible. 

This is just plain simple common sense. And .... 

Willard Van Orman Quine quote: Science is not a substitute for common sense,  but an...

what are you going to do after this ‘short period of time’ that you propose omicron is kept in check for?

You can never answer what you would do from now. Instead of telling us what you would have done differently in the past (based on 20/20 hindsight). Please say what you would do now - what’s your long term strategy for life in a world with covid-19?  

Or based on your logic, do you just think we should lockdown until covid is eradicated?

On 12/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Why so much angst? This is a forum to discuss. Just because your views are different does not make you bad.

Don't we all love holes (not rabbits')? Going far down is our aim. LOL

I didn’t say you were bad and I don’t have any angst, I just don’t see any point to discuss with you when you have unfortunately succumbed to paranoid conspiracy theories that are completely separate from reality.

But, of course, you are totally free to post whatever you like here and people can make up their own minds. 

On 12/16/2021 at 11:52 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Or based on your logic, do you just think we should lockdown until covid is eradicated?

Why not? Will you be losing more money in your business during an extended lockdown? 

History has proven itself: Lockdown = covid controlled even without the vaccine ready; No lockdown = covid uncontrolled even with high vaccination rate. The only reason why people are pushing against lockdown is because they are not earning money during lockdown periods, and they are willing to risk other people's lives to earn their money.  

At least South Korea is smart enough to realize this now, and it is scaling back on their endemic living plans. It's just too bad that the country reacted only because of the spike in their inflection rate, even with its high country vaccination rate.  Let's see if Singapore is going to ACT, or is it going to REact this time. 

(... oh yeah ....wait for it now...  "bunkers" comments coming when someone is at a loss for words...) 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:40 AM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Don't need to be a statistician or even a genius to figure out that domething doesn't add up. :)

🤦‍♂️

On 12/16/2021 at 6:40 AM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

Difference between seat belts and vaccines are that vaccines are in the experimental stage and people are the lab rats.

If you don't want to take an mRNA vaccine, then go get one of the Chinese ones that are less effective (Sinovax or Sinopharm), or even the AstraZeneca one... That said, the mRNA vaccines have all gone through Phase 3 trials successfully.

Слава Україні!

On 12/16/2021 at 6:58 AM, Guest Jab Jab Jab said:

I was thinking that the Covid situation is a great excuse to:

1) Strip people of their human rights and liberty to life.

2) Divide and conquer. eg Vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

3) Have people live in fear, anxiety and misery so they will give you a blank cheque to do whatever you want to end the current situation.

4) Incinvenience people with all sorts of ridiculous restrictions.

5) People HAVE to live the way you see fit.

6) Impose invasive surveillance technology so that everyone is being watched and tracked. Hello Melville, you'll love this. That is if you are still alive. 

7) Instill fear, paranoia and distrust among people. eg "oh no, I better avoid people as anybody could be infected."

8. Make people do things they don't want to do.

9) Create a need for dictatorships. Eg there's an enemy out there. We need your unequivocal supoort to fight this. We cannot have dissent. We must be one. All or nothing.

10)  Prepare for a New World Order.

I guess you are a believer in QAnon then?

Слава Україні!

On 12/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

Why not? Will you be losing more money in your business during an extended lockdown? 

History has proven itself: Lockdown = covid controlled even without the vaccine ready; No lockdown = covid uncontrolled even with high vaccination rate. The only reason why people are pushing against lockdown is because they are not earning money during lockdown periods, and they are willing to risk other people's lives to earn their money.  

At least South Korea is smart enough to realize this now, and it is scaling back on their endemic living plans. It's just too bad that the country reacted only because of the spike in their inflection rate, even with its high country vaccination rate.  Let's see if Singapore is going to ACT, or is it going to REact this time. 

(... oh yeah ....wait for it now...  "bunkers" comments coming when someone is at a loss for words...) 

so that’s a global lockdown is it? 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

I do agree that many stupid people have squandered what was hard earned results in controlling infections. I am really disappointed that governments all over have given up on controlling the virus, but have just relied on vaccines as a silver bullet (they are not).

Слава Україні!

Guest Fuck covid
On 12/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Nice... but Italian still can come here quarantine free meaning we will still get potential omicron cases via the VTL -  very transmissible lane.

This guy is super pissed off with VTL, looks like due to some reason he could not travel using VTL and is envious of everyone else using VTLs.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, Guest Fuck covid said:

This guy is super pissed off with VTL, looks like due to some reason he could not travel using VTL and is envious of everyone else using VTLs.

Yes but no, anyone in their right mind should refrained from unnecessary travel for now and this is what our govt suggest,  u dont want to listen to govt? Where you want to go?  

Edited by lonelyglobe

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.