Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

Guest Guest

On 3/29/2022 at 6:46 PM, Guest Wtf said:

oh look, people of all races and nationalities are shown without masks.

so take your pathetic pofma comment and keep walking.

and stop spreading misinformation and exaggerating the risk of catching Covid from outdoors. 

Retards are only good at seeing pictures but they cannot read to save their own lives. Go POFMA ST lor. 

On 3/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Seems your eyesight is ok.

So I guess we can take that as an admission that you are the blind one? Coupled with the knowledge in the general population you are a retard, that will make you not just blind or stupid, but blind AND stupid. Yeah? 

On 3/30/2022 at 12:41 AM, Guest Guest said:

Retards are only good at seeing pictures but they cannot read to save their own lives. Go POFMA ST lor. 

So I guess we can take that as an admission that you are the blind one? Coupled with the knowledge in the general population you are a retard, that will make you not just blind or stupid, but blind AND stupid. Yeah? 

nobody ordered a deranged word salad. 

Guest Guest
On 3/30/2022 at 7:36 AM, Guest Wtf said:

nobody ordered a deranged word salad. 

Yup, point proven: Retards can't read to save their lives. Let me help with you understand this post with the picture below. 

alert gifs | WiffleGif

On 3/31/2022 at 1:28 PM, Guest Maree said:

Oh dearrrrr...

Call as in those voice msg?

no....they called because my grandma is 80+, they will tell you they are ambassadors. Then asked you why didn't go for booster? When do you intend to do so etc...probing tone but polite

Guest Maree
On 3/31/2022 at 1:35 PM, GoodBlow said:

no....they called because my grandma is 80+, they will tell you they are ambassadors. Then asked you why didn't go for booster? When do you intend to do so etc...probing tone but polite

Why are they so insistent? Tens of thousands cases a day is proof that vaccination is pointless.

Guest Guest
On 3/31/2022 at 3:12 PM, Rnnr said:

Vaccine was made to add protection not to be immune with the virus so it has never been pointless.

It is pointless if not used together with strict SMM.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:00 PM, Guest Maree said:

Why are they so insistent? Tens of thousands cases a day is proof that vaccination is pointless.

Vaccination is not to ensure u wont kena, is to ensure once u kena,  u dont need to go ICU, jammed up the medical resources or push up the death rate. 

I think they only called the elderly, for the rest is only sms.  

Guest Stupid people
On 3/31/2022 at 3:44 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Vaccination is not to ensure u wont kena, is to ensure once u kena,  u dont need to go ICU, jammed up the medical resources or push up the death rate. 

I think they only called the elderly, for the rest is only sms.  

Little bit also go ICU, people really kiasu. Little bit call ambulance. No wonder so noisy.

Guest Jab jab jab
On 3/31/2022 at 3:12 PM, Rnnr said:

Vaccine was made to add protection not to be immune with the virus so it has never been pointless.

Is vaccination supposed to make people immune to virus?

On 3/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, Guest Jab jab jab said:

Is vaccination supposed to make people immune to virus?

The current crop of vaccines against COVID-19 are not meant to make you immune, but to reduce the likelihood of severe symptoms.

Слава Україні!

On 3/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, Guest Guest said:

Good to see sinkies still wearing masks outdoors.. but a lot of foreign trash roaming maskless on the streets now!

You would perhaps see me as "foreign trash"  but I have been wearing a mask for one hour today, while I was using my vacuum/shredder to suck up and triturate the millions of leaves fallen on my front yard and street.

Are you sure you want to condemn all your nice sinkies to be foreign trash everywhere outside Singapore? 

We don't have POFMA in America.  It would be immediately be overwhelmed.

So we have to have our own POFMA in our minds.  Two days ago I read that now a fourth shot, the second "booster", has been approved for individuals over 50 years old.  It took me a while to react and remember that oh, I am over 50 years old!  We don't have here kind ambassadors who come to our door to remind us to get boosted,  so I will go in the next days to get this vaccine again.   

There is concern that Congress has not renewed its funding for Covid-19.  So the money will run out and we won't be able to get free vaccination at some future time.  But in any case,  the vaccine is worth whatever its cost may be.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest
On 4/1/2022 at 4:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

You would perhaps see me as "foreign trash"  but I have been wearing a mask for one hour today, while I was using my vacuum/shredder to suck up and triturate the millions of leaves fallen on my front yard and street.

Are you sure you want to condemn all your nice sinkies to be foreign trash everywhere outside Singapore? 

You are ang moh.. you are good!

Guest Guest
On 4/1/2022 at 10:22 PM, Guest Guest said:

You are ang moh.. you are good!

Why he is angmoh so he is good? AMDK huh? Look at that @singalion! After these two, how can anyone still say angmoh good? 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, jlone said:

Who knows a new variant may creep in anytime to Sg because we are so opened now. Better to mask on for precaution as the air is not clean at all !

With 5 million human petri dishes walking around for the virus to spread and evolve, you won't need a new variant to creep "in" anymore. Looking forward to the "Singapore" strain soon, and more likely than not, a deadlier strain resistant to even the booster vaccine. 

On 4/1/2022 at 8:00 PM, Guest Guest said:

Why he is angmoh so he is good? AMDK huh? Look at that @singalion! After these two, how can anyone still say angmoh good? 

You obviously are not a statistician.  You cannot judge a race of hundreds of millions by... TWO INDIVIDUALS!  

Even if we two were the worst humans on the planet,  there are plenty of excellent Ang Mohs who make up for us.

You should apologize to our community of Ang Mohs.   And please stop your racist comments!

Guest Don’t Confuse
On 4/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

You obviously are not a statistician.  You cannot judge a race of hundreds of millions by... TWO INDIVIDUALS!  

Even if we two were the worst humans on the planet,  there are plenty of excellent Ang Mohs who make up for us.

You should apologize to our community of Ang Mohs.   And please stop your racist comments!

You are an individual. Why should anyone apologise? After all you have often criticized Asians as a community.

On 4/2/2022 at 3:09 AM, Guest Don’t Confuse said:

You are an individual. Why should anyone apologise? After all you have often criticized Asians as a community.

You are also an individual, in shameful hiding.

Not only Asians, but I am entitled to criticize anyone, from any origin, who I find is deserving of criticism.  In fact, I criticize my fellow Americans much more than Asians.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, sgmaven said:

Singapore will review TraceTogether, might 'stand it down' if no longer needed: Ong Ye Kung

Finally! I hope they retire this pointless system ASAP. They are not even using the data for the intended purposes anymore, so why make us add another level of complexity to our lives?

Maybe using for criminal investigation? I see more places are setting up those automatic gate to replaced putting staff there,  so i dont think it is going away soon. 

Guest guest
On 4/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, sgmaven said:

Singapore will review TraceTogether, might 'stand it down' if no longer needed: Ong Ye Kung

Finally! I hope they retire this pointless system ASAP. They are not even using the data for the intended purposes anymore, so why make us add another level of complexity to our lives?

I don't think they will remove TT because the main purpose they still want to differentiate between vax and unvax. 

On 4/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, Guest guest said:

I don't think they will remove TT because the main purpose they still want to differentiate between vax and unvax. 

Frankly, other than large establishments, who is actively checking TT, making sure you have checked-in? Honestly, you can easily stroll into a fast food restaurant for example, order and eat your food, without them even checking your TT.

While I can understand the original use of TT, and the supposed use now to segregate the unvaccinated, I think that the government considers that it has given the unvaxed enough opportunities to get vaxed, and they will have to go places at their own risk if they choose to remain unvaxed.

Слава Україні!

Guest guest
On 4/4/2022 at 10:33 PM, sgmaven said:

Frankly, other than large establishments, who is actively checking TT, making sure you have checked-in? Honestly, you can easily stroll into a fast food restaurant for example, order and eat your food, without them even checking your TT.

While I can understand the original use of TT, and the supposed use now to segregate the unvaccinated, I think that the government considers that it has given the unvaxed enough opportunities to get vaxed, and they will have to go places at their own risk if they choose to remain unvaxed.

If no more TT, wonder how many people would still go for booster shot to stay fully vaccinated?

On 4/4/2022 at 11:04 PM, Guest guest said:

If no more TT, wonder how many people would still go for booster shot to stay fully vaccinated?

Well, if you are only keeping up with your vaccinations to satisfy entry requirements to public places, then I really am worried. Isn't it about protecting yourself against a bad bout of COVID-19? Not as if it costs you any money to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 (it is fully-subsidised by the government).

Don't tell me you will not go for any vaccinations when you go overseas? It is meant to protect you from coming down with potentially fatal diseases that you would otherwise not encounter in Singapore.

Слава Україні!

Guest guest
On 4/4/2022 at 11:16 PM, sgmaven said:

Well, if you are only keeping up with your vaccinations to satisfy entry requirements to public places, then I really am worried. Isn't it about protecting yourself against a bad bout of COVID-19? Not as if it costs you any money to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 (it is fully-subsidised by the government).

Don't tell me you will not go for any vaccinations when you go overseas? It is meant to protect you from coming down with potentially fatal diseases that you would otherwise not encounter in Singapore.

Most people after got vaccinated for 2 doses, might feel that they are already got protected, so would not go for booster shot in 5 months time which the duration is too short. If can, can go for booster at least 1 year after the last vaccine.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, Guest guest said:

Most people after got vaccinated for 2 doses, might feel that they are already got protected, so would not go for booster shot in 5 months time which the duration is too short. If can, can go for booster at least 1 year after the last vaccine.

I wonder who your referred "most people" are? Different diseases are controlled differently, with medications/vaccinations/prophylaxes, with varying degrees of efficacy and longevity.

Most guys who went for BMT in Tekong remember the infamous malaria pills we had to take weekly. Do we consider the weekly regiment of taking these pills too frequent, and hence the duration of protection too short?

Слава Україні!

On 4/2/2022 at 4:09 PM, Guest Don’t Confuse said:

Best was when he judged on Serbians by knowing one acquaintance at the then Djokovic thread..

Steve's memory really declining and this after various fastings and munching grains. 

Severe Covid-19 symptoms 5 times more likely in patients who got Sinovac rather than Pfizer jab: Study

PUBLISHED 13 APR 2022

SINGAPORE - Recipients of the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine are five times more likely to experience severe Covid-19 symptoms when they are infected than those who had the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty vaccine.

Sinovac recipients are also more than twice as likely to be infected with Covid-19 than Pfizer vaccine recipients and almost six times more likely than those who took the Moderna vaccine.

These are the findings of a Singapore study which were published on Tuesday (April 12).

On 4/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, singalion said:

Best was when he judged on Serbians by knowing one acquaintance at the then Djokovic thread..

Steve's memory really declining and this after various fastings and munching grains. 

What a pity that you and the other tenor cannot be trusted in matters of health.   This comes from an obsession to put down valuable information I have posted elsewhere from trusted experts who find no negative effects of fasting  on memory,  just the opposite.   If I would also put down these experts,  you would praise them just to contradict me.

And munching grains doesn't necessarily lead to memory decline.  Anyone who eats bread munches on grains.  It all depends on which grains we eat.  And this requires expertise, which you don't seem to have.

About judging Serbs ( Serbian is the language), there is a saying in Spanish:  "para muestra, basta un boton"  (for a sample, one button is enough), ha ha.

How much can we trust your opinions about covid,  when you misrepresent memory health so badly?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:18 AM, Steve5380 said:

What a pity that you and the other tenor cannot be trusted in matters of health.   This comes from an obsession to put down valuable information I have posted elsewhere from trusted experts who find no negative effects of fasting  on memory,  just the opposite.   If I would also put down these experts,  you would praise them just to contradict me.

And munching grains doesn't necessarily lead to memory decline.  Anyone who eats bread munches on grains.  It all depends on which grains we eat.  And this requires expertise, which you don't seem to have.

About judging Serbs ( Serbian is the language), there is a saying in Spanish:  "para muestra, basta un boton"  (for a sample, one button is enough), ha ha.

How much can we trust your opinions about covid,  when you misrepresent memory health so badly?

You could have posted this in your Steve thread.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:21 PM, singalion said:

You could have posted this in your Steve thread.

You could have posted the comment to which I replied in my Steve thread.   My "declining memory" should not be a topic of this thread.  But it's not a big deal.  Even better is if we avoid personal attacks, even veiled ones, and we give good example in this forum. 

Exactly as predicted… Singapore is moving on

Where are all the lockdown lovers who were previously so vocal in this thread? Where is all the ranting and raving about the cases each day, or was it too much trouble to check the numbers after the media stopped proactively publishing them? And where is the daily tally of cases and deaths from singalion? Or are the recent deaths not as important as the previous ones? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-announces-major-easing-of-covid-19-rules-from-april-26-what-you-need-to-know

Guest Guest
On 4/23/2022 at 9:36 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Exactly as predicted… Singapore is moving on

Where are all the lockdown lovers who were previously so vocal in this thread? Where is all the ranting and raving about the cases each day, or was it too much trouble to check the numbers after the media stopped proactively publishing them? And where is the daily tally of cases and deaths from singalion? Or are the recent deaths not as important as the previous ones? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-announces-major-easing-of-covid-19-rules-from-april-26-what-you-need-to-know

The only way to escape Kamma is to attain enlightenment and never be  reborned again! - Imgflip

Guest Guest
On 4/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, Guest Wtf said:

hahahahahha

yep, the karma of having been proved 100% correct is really a bitch 

enjoy your bunker! 

.. "proved 100% correct"? And some people think think karma has already served out it's just desserts? LOL!

不是不报时候未到配图(第1页) - 要无忧健康图库

The graph shows that Omicron caused in Singapore a slightly lower death toll but still a peak nearly similar to Delta if compared by both variants.

(Data is up to 23 April 2022 - start around 10 Sep 2021).

image.png.21fb53a226a64bdac79a0c82b1c80bdc.png

to see the total graph here is the link:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/singapore/

Daily new cases still ranging around 1,200 to ,2,000.

There seems to be news of two new sub variants but not much info online yet.

When you take a look at the deceased most cases were in the age range above 50 and most dominantly above 70y.

This means it was right to leave the restrictions until recently to safeguard the more vulnerable in the society. 

I assume the "total" opening from tomorrow onward will cause a rise in infections for the coming days probably peaking again in about 5 - 7 days. Let's hope the rise will not reach previous levels.

In my view the government should have waited until the daily infections are below 500 per day or so. But...

The govt can say anything they want but we dont have to follow. Like they say mask optional for outdoor,  i am glad at least 70% are still wearing. When they say all employees can go back,  is nice to know some company still do it at 75% or less. 

Likewise if suddenly they say mask optional for indoor when the cases are still 3000 or 4000, i dont think we should follow too. 

Guest guest
On 4/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, lonelyglobe said:

The govt can say anything they want but we dont have to follow. Like they say mask optional for outdoor,  i am glad at least 70% are still wearing. When they say all employees can go back,  is nice to know some company still do it at 75% or less. 

Likewise if suddenly they say mask optional for indoor when the cases are still 3000 or 4000, i dont think we should follow too. 

Not everyone follow what govt say but majority people followed. Workplace like CBD area very crowded even at 75%, cannot imagine tomorrow back to 100%, the crowds would be like pre-covid days.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, lonelyglobe said:

You didn't read the Gov's recommendation on mask wearing in offices... Can take off the mask... if when ...

Who will understand the guideline?

Who will control this?

So it is a useless guideline.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:59 AM, singalion said:

You didn't read the Gov's recommendation on mask wearing in offices... Can take off the mask... if when ...

Who will control this?

It is very clear that guidelines are made based on public opinion as much as science.

In the US,  with now this controversial situation of a federal judge dismissing the CDC rules,  independent experts are saying that mask or no mask in airplanes and public transportation is less important than the TYPE of mask used.  Simple cloth masks or surgical masks don't filter out the virus in aerosol.  What is needed are high quality masks like the N-95, K-95.  

Whenever I start taking flights again or go to crowded places, I DEFINITELY will use a N-95 mask.

Guest Guest
On 4/25/2022 at 10:59 PM, singalion said:

Who will control this?

Do you have some reading and comprehension issues to be so bad in understanding the guidelines?

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/general/faqs---masks-and-personal-protective-equipment-(ppe)

Setting Examples (not exhaustive)
Indoors: Mask-wearing required
  • Within office buildings, shopping malls, lifts
  • Within public transport such as buses and trains
  • Within hawker centres, coffeeshops, wet markets
  • Within HDB retail shops and other shophouses
  • Within classrooms and libraries
Outdoors: Mask-wearing optional
  • HDB void decks, HDB retail shop walkways, five-foot ways
  • Bus stops and naturally ventilated bus interchanges
  • Open unenclosed spaces such as parks, fields, nature trails
  • Open-air sheltered walkways and bridges

Those who make much noise here and comment on  reading comprehension just gave best evidence of their inability to properly read and their own reading comprehension inability:

I was referring to the guidelines implemented for workplaces and the latest relaxation mentioned in the update from 4th April 2022:

I was referring to this:

From 26 April 2022, the following adjustments to the SMM 1-5 Framework will be implemented:

3. Workplace Requirements

• All employees may now return to the workplace.
  • *In indoor settings, employees may also remove their masks at the workplace: (i) when they are not interacting physically with others and (ii) when they are not in customer-facing areas. 

https://www.gov.sg/article/further-easing-of-community-measures

The mask wearing guideline in my personal view gives too much leeway or is just unclear on the second point.

Customer facing areas is ok, that you can understand, so any reception area, customer service desk etc, then you need to wear a mask, but removing masks in the office premises other than "customer facing areas".

Interacting "physically" at an office. What is that?

If you are at the pantry sharing a table with 10 other people, is that already interacting physically, or only when you are shoving your colleague away to reach the cupboard? in a meeting in the meeting room, how, when your colleague hands you the pointer or when you accidentally pull the white board marker from an assistant? or when a colleague presses his finger on you to remind you to watch out because of some liquid that fell on the floor and not to slip or is interacting physically just when having sex in the pantry but then only with mask on?

But then if you leave the office and walk at the corridor outside to the office you need to wear a mask, even when there is no other tenant at your floor level (because you are inside a building).

Edited by singalion

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.