Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 4/25/2022 at 11:16 PM, Steve5380 said:

It is very clear that guidelines are made based on public opinion as much as science.

In the US,  with now this controversial situation of a federal judge dismissing the CDC rules,  independent experts are saying that mask or no mask in airplanes and public transportation is less important than the TYPE of mask used.  Simple cloth masks or surgical masks don't filter out the virus in aerosol.  What is needed are high quality masks like the N-95, K-95.  

Whenever I start taking flights again or go to crowded places, I DEFINITELY will use a N-95 mask.

Unless you are pulled out by security with force through the plane corridor due to overbooking... what seems to be the norm in US domestic flights... 😆

The N95 seems fine, but when other people are singing, they are spreading a lot of aerosols. so watch out Steve...

On 4/26/2022 at 11:26 AM, singalion said:

Those who make much noise here and comment on  reading comprehension just gave best evidence of their inability to properly read and their own reading comprehension inability:

I was referring to the guidelines implemented for workplaces and the latest relaxation mentioned in the update from 4th April 2022:

I was referring to this:

From 26 April 2022, the following adjustments to the SMM 1-5 Framework will be implemented:

3. Workplace Requirements

• All employees may now return to the workplace.
  • *In indoor settings, employees may also remove their masks at the workplace: (i) when they are not interacting physically with others and (ii) when they are not in customer-facing areas. 

https://www.gov.sg/article/further-easing-of-community-measures

The mask wearing guideline in my personal view gives too much leeway or is just unclear on the second point.

Customer facing areas is ok, that you can understand, so any reception area, customer service desk etc, then you need to wear a mask, but removing masks in the office premises other than "customer facing areas".

Interacting "physically" at an office. What is that?

If you are at the pantry sharing a table with 10 other people, is that already interacting physically, or only when you are shoving your colleague away to reach the cupboard? in a meeting in the meeting room, how, when your colleague hands you the pointer or when you accidentally pull the white board marker from an assistant? or when a colleague presses his finger on you to remind you to watch out because of some liquid that fell on the floor and not to slip or is interacting physically just when having sex in the pantry but then only with mask on?

But then if you leave the office and walk at the corridor outside to the office you need to wear a mask, even when there is no other tenant at your floor level (because you are inside a building).

why do you need to be spoon fed and be given a rule for everything? At what point did covid have such an impact on the ability of people to think for themselves?

The new mask in office rule is quite simple: working alone at your workstation, no need to wear mask. Moving around, interacting with colleagues, etc. wear mask.

Be considerate of others, it’s quite simple, you don’t have to make up nonsense scenarios as if people can’t work out basic logic. 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, Guest Wtf said:

why do you need to be spoon fed and be given a rule for everything? At what point did covid have such an impact on the ability of people to think for themselves?

The new mask in office rule is quite simple: working alone at your workstation, no need to wear mask. Moving around, interacting with colleagues, etc. wear mask.

Be considerate of others, it’s quite simple, you don’t have to make up nonsense scenarios as if people can’t work out basic logic. 

I didn't ask for a rule for everything.

On the point of the impact of covid on the ability of people to think for themselves you have seen daily by seeing people not wearing masks properly, talking or using phones on public transport or flouting other rules.

You can apply to use "common sense" but the behaviour of many people told you that most did not apply any "common sense".

My point was that such "guidelines" are too artificial. They leave too much space for interpretation or personal appreciation.

Regulations should always be clear and not leave too much room for different interpretations.

It could have been handled much better to clarify the office mask wearing.

In my view it leaves too much space for different interpretations. Therefore it is not helpful to guide people.

Guest guest
On 4/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, sgmaven said:

Indeed, everyone seems to be heading to the malls to cool down in the air-condition!

Hopefully they also remove VDS on F&B establishment soon. Maybe by another 1 month.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:26 PM, jlone said:

Sadly also some people or maybe quite alot will be out of job from today!

I guess you are referring to the temp staff employed to make sure people scan their TraceTogether before entering a particular establishment? Or are you referring to the Social Distancing Ambassadors? Must say that those jobs were never permanent in nature. I am sure those who took it up knew of the temporary nature of the job.

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 4/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are you out of your mind? We are sinkies, we need instructions for every little thing

On 4/26/2022 at 9:47 PM, Guest guest said:

Hopefully they also remove VDS on F&B establishment soon. Maybe by another 1 month.

or maybe just be socially responsible and get vaccinated? 

Guest guest
On 4/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, Guest Try and see said:

The guy in the photo is fucking hot and cute!

Clarke Quay New Year's Eve gathering: Teenager who wore wrestling mask fined $2k

ads-glaxylow-26042022.jpg?VersionId=JFp3

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/clarke-quay-new-years-eve-gathering-teenager-who-wore-wrestling-mask-fined-2k

This guy 19 year old only? But looks like 29 year old?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Singapore detects three COVID-19 cases infected with new BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron subvariants

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/moh-3-cases-detected-new-omicron-subvariants-ba4-ba5-2686811

SINGAPORE: Three community cases with new Omicron subvariants have been detected in Singapore, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Sunday (May 15).

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control recently classified them as variants of concern. The World Health Organization added BA.4 and BA.5 to its list for monitoring earlier in April.

But don't worry, the Singapore Minister for Health is ready ......... to shift the blame to the general public for "complacency" after telling everyone to go "endemic living"!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/covid-19-is-not-the-biggest-enemy-today-its-complacency-ong-ye-kung 

Covid-19 is not the biggest enemy today, it's complacency: Ong Ye Kung

It's true, people are being complacent now they are easing covid restrictions. People still dont listen. If this subvariant blows up then we're all finished. Poor healthcare system will carry all the burden again..

Respect to those who still work in healthcare sector specially those foreign workers who still havent seen their families for years.

Guest Guest
On 5/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, Rnnr said:

It's true, people are being complacent now they are easing covid restrictions. People still dont listen. If this subvariant blows up then we're all finished. Poor healthcare system will carry all the burden again..

Respect to those who still work in healthcare sector specially those foreign workers who still havent seen their families for years.

How are people getting complacent? Singaporeans are still putting on mask even while they walk out in the open. Compare the notion of "endemic living" to whatever "complacency" the people have shown and you tell me which is the bigger devil? And you blame any potential spread on the people?

Very simple,  the govt can blame the people for complacency and the people definitely can blame the govt for complacency too.

The rate of opening up is too rapid especially removing all the criteria for incoming tourists. From where did the BA. 4 and BA. 5 came in? What measures have been taken or the idea is to let them circulate and let as many kena as possible so that we had better immunity? Current infection rate is like 1 in 4 kena,  so maybe 1 in 3 of even 1 in 2.

Not to forget for most of us, the vaccine protection against infection probably long gone but the good news is, now kena also like a common flu as what they have been stressing.

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 5/16/2022 at 9:39 PM, lonelyglobe said:

The rate of opening up is too rapid especially removing all the criteria for incoming tourists. From where did the BA. 4 and BA. 5 came in?

To be fair, while we know that the cases of BA.4 and BA.5 must have been imported from overseas, there is no concrete evidence that it came via letting tourists into the country. Some of the most notable cases of the introduction of new variants of COVID into countries have been through other routes, eg. pilots for cargo planes, or even delivery drivers for foodstuff.

Слава Україні!

On 5/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, sgmaven said:

To be fair, while we know that the cases of BA.4 and BA.5 must have been imported from overseas, there is no concrete evidence that it came via letting tourists into the country. Some of the most notable cases of the introduction of new variants of COVID into countries have been through other routes, eg. pilots for cargo planes, or even delivery drivers for foodstuff.

Absolutely,  to be fair,  the govt must be honest and transparent to let everyone know where these cases came from. 

Guest Guest

This argument on whether it is the foreigners or the locals who brought in the variants is irrelevant and pointless; What is relevant is the fact that the government had let in all these variants into the country unchecked, simply because they want to open up all the borders without restrictions. 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:55 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Absolutely,  to be fair,  the govt must be honest and transparent to let everyone know where these cases came from. 

Do you think they would know, given the number of people who enter the country each day? Besides, are we even clearer about who were the ones who brought in the subsequent variants after the original wild strain?

Слава Україні!

The position of the government is that even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food. How do you think food appears on the shelves of our supermarkets each day, and at the markets? These are driven in across the border or shipped in via our port of airport. Even if we test each person involved in these shipments, it will not guarantee that they are not carrying the virus, since there have been documented cases overseas where flight crew tested negative on arrival (during a lay-over), and yet passed the virus to locals, because they were incubating the virus which was detected on arrival (only testing positive when they arrived at the next airport). So how? Ban all these people from entering the country, and starve?

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 5/17/2022 at 1:51 PM, sgmaven said:

The position of the government is that even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food. How do you think food appears on the shelves of our supermarkets each day, and at the markets? These are driven in across the border or shipped in via our port of airport. Even if we test each person involved in these shipments, it will not guarantee that they are not carrying the virus, since there have been documented cases overseas where flight crew tested negative on arrival (during a lay-over), and yet passed the virus to locals, because they were incubating the virus which was detected on arrival (only testing positive when they arrived at the next airport). So how? Ban all these people from entering the country, and starve?

Are you in China? Did anyone starve when your country went through the lockdown?

Let's face it: The only reason for Singapore to re-open up the economy was for businesses to earn money. It was never for any humanitarian concerns, and the consequences is already beginning to knock on the doors of Singapore. 

Some people are so ignorant about the amount of food that needs to be imported into Singapore to keep ourselves fed. The pandemic has alerted us on this over-dependence on food imports, and Singapore has been trying to improve its food security.

And it does not end with foodstuff, Singapore is far from self-sufficient if we close our borders completely.

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 5/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, sgmaven said:

Some people are so ignorant about the amount of food that needs to be imported into Singapore to keep ourselves fed. The pandemic has alerted us on this over-dependence on food imports, and Singapore has been trying to improve its food security.

And it does not end with foodstuff, Singapore is far from self-sufficient if we close our borders completely.

Singapore may be far from self-sufficient if it closes its borders completely. But it still managed to do OK during the lockdown. And the fact still remained that nobody starved when the country went through the lockdown. 

Under the current Singapore governance team, the government starts wailing and crying when the country becomes short on resources. During the previous generations, the leaders think of what to do when resources are tight: from the food and water rationing exercises in the 1970s, to the creation of NEWATER plants when Malaysia threatened to cut off its water supplies, to the push for engineering students when it wanted to attract manufacturers into the country. 

Now, the country even have to kowtow to all it's foreign masters and give all the local jobs to them to make it "competitive". 

Singapore was a country with BALLS then. Where are all the balls on the country's leaders now? Have the foreigners chewed them off? 

On 5/17/2022 at 7:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Singapore may be far from self-sufficient if it closes its borders completely. But it still managed to do OK during the lockdown. And the fact still remained that nobody starved when the country went through the lockdown.

I think you are truly mistaken when you think we could have survived if it were not for the mountains of foodstuff stockpiled by the government. Then again, there are lots of things that cannot be stockpiled, such as eggs and fresh vegetables. If you think Singaporeans are going to sit quietly and only eat canned foods and other dried or preserved foods for an extended period, I think I have to question whether you know Singapore at all?

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 5/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, sgmaven said:

I think you are truly mistaken when you think we could have survived if it were not for the mountains of foodstuff stockpiled by the government. Then again, there are lots of things that cannot be stockpiled, such as eggs and fresh vegetables. If you think Singaporeans are going to sit quietly and only eat canned foods and other dried or preserved foods for an extended period, I think I have to question whether you know Singapore at all?

Let me see ..... your logic is "there are lots of things that cannot be stockpiled, such as eggs and fresh vegetables", so the entire economy needs to be re-opened with few checks and fewer restrictions simply because no "Singaporeans are going to sit quietly and only eat canned foods and other dried or preserved foods for an extended period"?  

Is that what you are saying?

I also think I think I have to question whether you know Singaporeans at all.

Please do not twist what I said. I did not say that "the entire economy needs to be re-opened with few checks and fewer restrictions". What I said was that the entire lockdown of Singapore is impractical, due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff. Given that we need to import such items, and people need to be involved in shipping these items into Singapore, there is no guarantee that this will not be an avenue for transmission of a new variant.

If you just sit at the Causeway or Second Link and count the number of trucks laden with food heading into Singapore each day, you will realise that we are not talking about a small number of foreigners coming in and mixing with our local population. All it takes is for one driver, for example, to carry a new variant, and it could spark a new wave of infections. No need for any tourists.

In the same way, we air-freight a lot of items, and import a lot of things by ships. All these vessels have crews, and while they may not stay long on our shores, no one can negate the possibility that these people may turn out to be vectors of transmission.

Don't tell me you are telling us that Singapore should not even trade with other countries, and just seal itself in?

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest

On 5/18/2022 at 3:04 PM, sgmaven said:

Please do not twist what I said. I did not say that "the entire economy needs to be re-opened with few checks and fewer restrictions". What I said was that the entire lockdown of Singapore is impractical, due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff. Given that we need to import such items, and people need to be involved in shipping these items into Singapore, there is no guarantee that this will not be an avenue for transmission of a new variant.

If you just sit at the Causeway or Second Link and count the number of trucks laden with food heading into Singapore each day, you will realise that we are not talking about a small number of foreigners coming in and mixing with our local population. All it takes is for one driver, for example, to carry a new variant, and it could spark a new wave of infections. No need for any tourists.

In the same way, we air-freight a lot of items, and import a lot of things by ships. All these vessels have crews, and while they may not stay long on our shores, no one can negate the possibility that these people may turn out to be vectors of transmission.

Don't tell me you are telling us that Singapore should not even trade with other countries, and just seal itself in?

Did you really say that "entire lockdown of Singapore is impractical, due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff"? No, what you did was you used the excuse of the country's need to import the various foodstuff to re-open the economy big and wide even to the tourists with far fewer checks and restrictions. And this is the evidence in the passage quoted below: 

The position of the government is that even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food.

So, how much further are you going to use the excuse to do your unreasonable things? "Due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff", should we import more foreigners? "Due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff", should we force locals to become farmers? "Due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff", should we reform Malaya? "Due to our need for the import of multiple items, including foodstuff", should we become a new province of China? 

"even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food" indeed!

Brilliant attempt for you to use such lame excuses to do something so horrendously irresponsible!  Do you think we are all blind and stupid over here? 

Again, you are twisting my words! I said that there are significant risks of cross-border transmission, even if we do not let tourists into our country. Get the facts right! I stated that the transport of goods could be a significant vector, given the volume of external trade.

I am also not advocating making all Singaporeans to become farmers, but the government has come up with incentives to encourage a more intensive farming industry due to a focus on food security (lesson learnt from the pandemic).

Слава Україні!

No further easing of SMMs means many businesses would continue to fold, leading to even more job losses.

Many of my friends with young kids had lost their jobs last 2 years.

I had lost my full time job too but was lucky to be converted to part-time with same company. At least it helps put food on the table. For the next 12 months if things pick up would be put on full time again.

Already lost 2 years' employer CPF contributions. If this continues I will have problem paying for my house. 

Last 2 years also saw cases of mental melt down and suicides went up significantly year on year, noticeably among young adults and the elderly. 

Continued strict SMMs is not sustainable as no one knows when this virus would leave us. SMMs/border controls will tighten again when/if cases of deaths and ICU patients rise rapidly due to any new and more deadly variant. A situation no one hopes to see. 😞

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Guest
On 5/18/2022 at 4:43 PM, sgmaven said:

Again, you are twisting my words! I said that there are significant risks of cross-border transmission, even if we do not let tourists into our country. Get the facts right! I stated that the transport of goods could be a significant vector, given the volume of external trade.

I am also not advocating making all Singaporeans to become farmers, but the government has come up with incentives to encourage a more intensive farming industry due to a focus on food security (lesson learnt from the pandemic).

Nobody twisted your words. Your words are there for everyone to see.

"Transport of goods could be a significant vector, given the volume of external trade"? How many cases were brought in due to transportation of goods compared to the tourists and other foreign workers? As a matter of fact, transport delivery workers have strict routes to follow during the intensive lockdown period. And they are not allowed to stay in Singapore for extended periods of time. 

So, do not use the transportation of supplies as an excuse to allow the foreigners to come in. 

I wonder if you have those statistics you talk about?  And I wonder how the government would be able to impose your proposed "lockdown" considering the number of people who depend on international trade to put food on the table?

Frankly, only staying for a lay-over is enough to transmit the virus to unsuspecting and complacent Singaporeans. So, I really do not see how you would intend to take the risk of introduction of new variants to zero. Also, even if we do not "import" a new variant, for as long as there are active cases in the community, there is always a chance that a new variant will mutate within our own shores.

Слава Україні!

On 5/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, superflawless said:

Why not do a blanket closure if you are truly concerned and want to nip this at the bud? 

It does not make sense to me. 

Just like the government allowing these foreigners to continue to come in all these months, I knew the breach would be imminent. 

The available data suggested that most travellers since Sep 2021 were Singaporeans or PRs. 

On 5/17/2022 at 7:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Singapore may be far from self-sufficient if it closes its borders completely. But it still managed to do OK during the lockdown. And the fact still remained that nobody starved when the country went through the lockdown

On 5/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, sgmaven said:

Borders were never closed for food imports from Malaysia,during the 2020 March to June lockdown. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

How many cases were brought in due to transportation of goods compared to the tourists and other foreign workers?

Since when did foreign workers bring in Covid to Singapore? 

The dormitory issue had a homegrown cause. 

The foreign workers also suffered the most stringent lockdown conditions and restrictions to their freedom. 

This is really unfair to now blame these foreign workers. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:48 AM, singalion said:

Borders were never closed for food imports from Malaysia,during the 2020 March to June lockdown. 

Exactly! I would think that there would be riots, if we were expected to stay home and eat out of cans everyday during that period!

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 5/18/2022 at 7:37 PM, sgmaven said:

I wonder if you have those statistics you talk about?  And I wonder how the government would be able to impose your proposed "lockdown" considering the number of people who depend on international trade to put food on the table?

Frankly, only staying for a lay-over is enough to transmit the virus to unsuspecting and complacent Singaporeans. So, I really do not see how you would intend to take the risk of introduction of new variants to zero. Also, even if we do not "import" a new variant, for as long as there are active cases in the community, there is always a chance that a new variant will mutate within our own shores.

It is strange for you to be asking for statistics from others, while you yourself do not have any of them to back up your own claims, such as "even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food". So, do you have any statistics you spoke about?

And it's also strange for you to be concerned of delivery people "only staying for a lay-over is enough to transmit the virus to unsuspecting and complacent Singaporeans", while you threw cautions into the wind with regard to tourist and foreign workers who might be staying far longer. What gives?

On 5/19/2022 at 1:00 AM, singalion said:

Since when did foreign workers bring in Covid to Singapore? 

The dormitory issue had a homegrown cause. 

The foreign workers also suffered the most stringent lockdown conditions and restrictions to their freedom. 

This is really unfair to now blame these foreign workers.

And why do you take foreign workers to be only those living in dormitory? Aren't YOU a foreign worker as well? Do you live in the dormitories? 

The Delta variant which caused a spike in the number of hospitalization and deaths was brought into Singapore by an Indian national on work permit.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, Guest Guest said:

The Delta variant which caused a spike in the number of hospitalization and deaths was brought into Singapore by an Indian national on work permit.

The wuhan virus was bought in by china and the omicron was via transit pax, I suppose as long as we are open,  virus will come in but what we need is to open up slowly, like Japan,  only allow tourist recently,  restricted to 4 countries, PCR before and after, have to go on group tour. 

Look at HK,  after the spike,  cases drop to 200 to 300 daily. But SG is still reporting 5000 and 6000 cases. HK doing very well now so the focus for our media shift to Taiwan, would like to see how Taiwan open up after this current wave.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, sgmaven said:

Exactly! I would think that there would be riots, if we were expected to stay home and eat out of cans everyday during that period!

You forgot to mention the delayed delivery timings from FairPrice and other retailers....

You ordered the groceries to be delivered on Friday and received them exactly one week after that supposed delivery date...

But Singaporeans wouldn't eat out of cans, they would do these instant noodle soups...and instant curries, laksa... 😂

It is strange for you for posting claims on BW  while you yourself do not have any evidence to back up your own claims.

Are you sure the Delta variant was brought into Singapore by an Indian national on work permit?

Please back up your claim...

On 5/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

How many cases were brought in due to transportation of goods compared to the tourists and other foreign workers?

And why do you take foreign workers to be only those living in dormitory? Aren't YOU a foreign worker as well? Do you live in the dormitories? The Delta variant which caused a spike in the number of hospitalization and deaths was brought into Singapore by an Indian national on work permit.

To most here foreign workers are those doing manual works on a Work Permit.

You wrote "foreign worker". Everyone would assume you are talking of foreign workers (Indian, Bangla, Myanmar, Thailand...China)... and not Employment or S Pass holders...

Guest Guest
On 5/20/2022 at 2:58 PM, singalion said:

It is strange for you for posting claims on BW  while you yourself do not have any evidence to back up your own claims.

Are you sure the Delta variant was brought into Singapore by an Indian national on work permit?

Please back up your claim...

This was proven beyond a doubt page ago, with even the case number listed out. Go find it out yourself. We all know your malicious tricks from other threads with you telling others that they did not substantiate their cases when they have done that over and over again. I'm not falling for that. 

The fact is, even if you stop the entry of tourists into Singapore, you will not be able to stop the introduction of new variants from other countries.

I wonder how people can believe that Singapore can simply seal itself off from the rest of the world? Most of our economy depends on external trade, and we also depend on a lot of foreign nationals, who work on our shores. Coupled with the fact that we also import most of our food, it is totally untenable to close our borders completely.

As stated by others and myself, we will continue to face the risk of the importation of a new variant of SARS-CoV2, for as long as we have porous borders. However, we cannot survive without those porous borders. Hence, any new variant "discovered" overseas, will eventually make its way on to our shores, whether we like it, or not.

It is more about the monitoring procedures and ring-fencing exposures. However, with our daily case loads still in the thousands, I really doubt if any monitoring and ring-fencing can be effective, without being seen as overly draconian or punitive. I wonder if some people want to go the way of China, where you will be locked away in your own flat/apartment for weeks? The majority of Singaporeans will definitely protest against such measures!

Слава Україні!

On 5/20/2022 at 3:42 PM, Guest Guest said:

This was proven beyond a doubt page ago, with even the case number listed out. Go find it out yourself. We all know your malicious tricks from other threads with you telling others that they did not substantiate their cases when they have done that over and over again. I'm not falling for that. 

But then it should be easy for you to substantiate this, if it was proven beyond doubt...

I did not see this proof  "beyond doubt" when browsing at this thread.

Please refer to the proof.

Interesting that you ask sgmaven to substantiate his point but then when it comes to you...

If you can't refer to it, then it would mean that probably it is not proven beyond doubt but simply something of your personal interpretation or imagination.

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest
On 5/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, singalion said:

But then it should be easy for you to substantiate this, if it was proven beyond doubt...

I did not see this proof  "beyond doubt" when browsing at this thread.

Please refer to the proof.

Interesting that you ask sgmaven to substantiate his point but then when it comes to you...

If you can't refer to it, then it would mean that probably it is not proven beyond doubt but simply something of your personal interpretation or imagination.

Interesting to see how a foreign trash based in Singapore would want to waste people's time by repeatedly telling people to go look for evidence which has already been provided a while ago. No wonder the productivity in Singapore gets so low.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:37 PM, sgmaven said:

Using someone's words right back to you, interesting that you ask others to provide statistics to substantiate his point but then when it comes to you, you still have not provided evidence to back your statement below:

The position of the government is that even if we stop tourists from entering Singapore, and those in Singapore from going abroad, we are still going to face significant risk of exposure to SARS-CoV2 from people who are involved in the critical transport infrastructure, such as our importation of food.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:28 AM, sgmaven said:

No need for rioting.  You could keep enough food a home to stay well fed for six months.  Non perishables like dried beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, grains, chocolate bars, and a big freezer with a reliable electricity supply to keep frozen vegetables, frozen meats and fish, frozen ice cream.  Yumm.

Guest Empty vessels loudest
On 5/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, Steve5380 said:

No need for rioting.  You could keep enough food a home to stay well fed for six months.  Non perishables like dried beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, grains, chocolate bars, and a big freezer with a reliable electricity supply to keep frozen vegetables, frozen meats and fish, frozen ice cream.  Yumm.

once again, you make comments demonstrating your total ignorance of how people live in Singapore. You know how many people here have a big freezer or large amounts of space to store food? Do you know what cooking facilities people have?

It’s one thing not to know. It’s another to be so arrogant as to go wading into topics you know nothing about. Maybe think before typing on whether you have anything of value to add to any given topic? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.